Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ineffiable posted:

Even better.

Both games have a separate platinum and they're looking like pretty easy lists (especially compared to yakuza)

I'm excited for shenmue. I've never really gotten to play it but I've read about it growing up. I've played yakuza 2 before so I can wait for kiwami 2 to be on sale.

Yeah I saw the list for 1 already and was surprised they were so tame about it compared to Yakuza games. I was sure they'd have some bullshit about beating the intended-to-lose fight or collecting all the toys but they were pretty reserved.

I'm just eager to get in there and fiddle around with all the options and maybe even play it in Japanese. I love the English voice acting but I've never played through it with Japanese VA, could be a fun new take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't think they do physical PC games anymore anyway

they do, sometimes its just a code and steam installer on disc (mgsv) sometimes its 3 dvds (resident evil 7)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
one of them is for 50 different collectibles. i never got that many in prior playthroughs, so it sounds like some effort required.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

one of them is for 50 different collectibles. i never got that many in prior playthroughs, so it sounds like some effort required.

Yeah don't worry too hard about that. There's something close to 100 different capsule toys in the freely accessible toy machines, before even getting to unlockable prize toys like the ones at the Slot House or Forklift Racing. Just save up some allowance or duck progressing the story when you get the forklift job for long enough to make some real cash then save and blow it all on toys. I was planning on doing that anyway because I WANT EVERY TOY.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Policenaut posted:

Yeah don't worry too hard about that. There's something close to 100 different capsule toys in the freely accessible toy machines, before even getting to unlockable prize toys like the ones at the Slot House or Forklift Racing. Just save up some allowance or duck progressing the story when you get the forklift job for long enough to make some real cash then save and blow it all on toys. I was planning on doing that anyway because I WANT EVERY TOY.

Its something like 120 toys and you can save scum it because you can save anywhere! Even in front of the toy capsule machines.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I started playing assassins creed origins again: a good game

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Here They Lie looks like a PS3 port or something. It's not all that interesting either.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So I dunno if anyone's keeping up with Gamescom news (it starts this Tuesday!) but there's rumblings of Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm may be coming to consoles. It all starts with Gamescom's official nominees for the best games in show, wherein an unknown "Project Mephisto" surfaced as a nominee for Best PS4 console game. So people were wondering what the hell that is, and just earlier today Blizzard tweeted out a teaser image for something related to Heroes of the Storm.

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1030861887846719488

So people poked around in the Tweet and found "teaser for Mephisto." It's gone now! Blizzard's Gamescom panel doesn't happen until the 22nd but Heroes of the Storm will be there so hey keep an eye out for that!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I wish I, too, could play Shenmue right now. :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Veib posted:

RE: Fist of the North Star, the official Evo Youtube channel uploaded their side tournament top 4 videos over the past few days and the PS2 Hokuto no Ken fighting game from 2005 is a hell of a game full of all sorts of hilariously dumb bullshit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Gtg9lErOg&t=818s

The announcer on the right hangs out at next level battle circuit arcade in brooklyn and will help even the biggest scrub with any game they are interested in. Hes really cool.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

fridge corn posted:

I started playing assassins creed origins again: a good game

:yeah: can’t wait for Odyssey!

Real hurthling! posted:

The announcer on the right hangs out at next level battle circuit arcade in brooklyn and will help even the biggest scrub with any game they are interested in. Hes really cool.

That’s so awesome :3: some people in the fgc are very kind and I love it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I hit the burnout point in Origins at probably 12-15 hours, which honestly is the longest I've lasted in an AC game. I still want to return to it, but the gameplay just feels so shallow and samey. The world is cool I just wish it was more fun to play around in. I'm around the part where you meet Cleopatra, does the story take any interesting turns after that? I am looking for an excuse to get back to it. Maybe I'll play some tonight.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

veni veni veni posted:

I hit the burnout point in Origins at probably 12-15 hours, which honestly is the longest I've lasted in an AC game. I still want to return to it, but the gameplay just feels so shallow and samey. The world is cool I just wish it was more fun to play around in. I'm around the part where you meet Cleopatra, does the story take any interesting turns after that? I am looking for an excuse to get back to it. Maybe I'll play some tonight.

I was hooked from the gameplay so ymmv but yeah. The story gets more interesting than anything you’ve seen at that point. It ramped up in intensity and quality all the way up to the ending. If you’re sufficiently leveled don’t be afraid to go straight at the story for a while, you might find yourself hooked in.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
Is it better to attempt to get a Pro now on someplace like Amazon, etc, or just suck it up and go to a local store and see what I can find? I don't need a huge system (though the option of the 2TB is incredibly tempting) but everything I've been told is to avoid the original or slim and just get a Pro. This was though, back at around e3, so I figured it's best to check and see if that's all still very valid information.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Yeah if you don't have a PS4 at all, just get a pro. As for deals, check the video game deal thread in Coupons. There's stuff in there all the time, otherwise, just check your usual online places and compare it to whatever you can get locally.

That said, if you can hold out till around Black Friday, there's almost always bundles that can be good deals.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yeah if you don't have a PS4 at all, just get a pro. As for deals, check the video game deal thread in Coupons. There's stuff in there all the time, otherwise, just check your usual online places and compare it to whatever you can get locally.

That said, if you can hold out till around Black Friday, there's almost always bundles that can be good deals.

Sounds like a plan. I was kind of tempted to try to get one of those 2TB units out in the next few weeks but that may be a fools' errand for a console that I don't even have a lot of stuff for yet.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Seiyal posted:

Sounds like a plan. I was kind of tempted to try to get one of those 2TB units out in the next few weeks but that may be a fools' errand for a console that I don't even have a lot of stuff for yet.

You may as well go for it since you don't have a system anyway. That special one coming out is the only special edition I've ever seen that I actually think looks good.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Be warned that special blue edition is glossy so it can attract dust and scratches more than your normal unit. And they'll likely sell out plus they charge an extra $100 for the camera and 1tb more.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ineffiable posted:

Be warned that special blue edition is glossy so it can attract dust and scratches more than your normal unit. And they'll likely sell out plus they charge an extra $100 for the camera and 1tb more.

But if you get #42069 you can retire

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

Ineffiable posted:

Sadly it doesn't look like that'll be the case unless I have friends scouring the net for them. Just stopped into a few stores and all of them were sold out of both their PS4 and PS4 Pros siting a "nationwide shortage". Whether that's true or just BS, that has stopped my search for the moment it seems. I do appreciate the heads up about the unit being glossy though, that is a bit disappointing to hear.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Really the point of getting one is to keep it mint in box and flip it for more on eBay

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ugh Sony just sent me the biggest tease email about some games that have PS4 Pro upgrades. I didn’t realize Skyrim used it. That’s tempting as heck.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Seiyal posted:

Sadly it doesn't look like that'll be the case unless I have friends scouring the net for them. Just stopped into a few stores and all of them were sold out of both their PS4 and PS4 Pros siting a "nationwide shortage". Whether that's true or just BS, that has stopped my search for the moment it seems. I do appreciate the heads up about the unit being glossy though, that is a bit disappointing to hear.

Wow I checked all the usual retailers and the Pro is pretty hard to find right now. I did see Gamestop has them online but your YMMV in store. They'll definitely have more for the holiday season though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

slickdeals.net is a pretty good resource for electronic deals. You can search the forums easily too.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

Jose Oquendo posted:

Wow I checked all the usual retailers and the Pro is pretty hard to find right now. I did see Gamestop has them online but your YMMV in store. They'll definitely have more for the holiday season though.

Yeah, I checked a couple nearby in stores with no luck whatsoever. The good thing is I don't really *need* it right now (or even any time soon) but it has been on the front of my mind recently. I'd rather have gotten it now and not had to deal with the craziness of end-of-year shopping but we'll see. There's still time (and hopeful price drops) to be had.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

slickdeals.net is a pretty good resource for electronic deals. You can search the forums easily too.

This is quite a nice site, thank you for the info!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

oh and you can set up deal alerts

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Slickdeal is loving terrible for my wallet, though.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

:rip: Fatwallet.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Slickdeal is loving terrible for my wallet, though.

Yeah I stopped checking it daily. Only if I’m looking for something specific. It’s dangerous.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:stare: Nishitani :stare:

Chapter 11 of Yakuza 0 was absolutely loving bonkers.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I finished the Cabaret Club finally so I should be able to get on with the story now. Although I kinda wanna train Mana up first. THIS GAME IS TOO BIG

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, after years of Batman, I hope this new Spider-Man game has some method to increase web grapple speed.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Are those limited-edition PS4 Pros totally sold-out worldwide now? I thought orders opened on August 24 but apparently some places had preorders last week--but also it seems like all of those were UK retailers, not NA, so I don't know if I missed the ordering window or not.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Harrow posted:

Are those limited-edition PS4 Pros totally sold-out worldwide now? I thought orders opened on August 24 but apparently some places had preorders last week--but also it seems like all of those were UK retailers, not NA, so I don't know if I missed the ordering window or not.

They're selling it in Spain, at least on GAME so I guess is still available for preorder (they sell it the 24th in here).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

edit: whoops!

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
For sales, twitter.com/videogamedeals and reddit.com/r/PS4Deals are my go-to sites

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Was there like, a hardware revision of the pro and they're rebuilding stock to have a lot of them for fall AAA season?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I picked up GTA5 after a long time and their success with micro transactions is really showing. Every couple minutes I get an in game phone call telling me to buy property, and if I hang up on them I get a big black square in the top left to the tune of “GO TO THE FORCLOSURE SITE AND BUY A BUNKER/CLUB/OFFICE!!”

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ElwoodCuse posted:

Was there like, a hardware revision of the pro and they're rebuilding stock to have a lot of them for fall AAA season?

Not any announced change. Maybe some cost saving internally but nothing we would know about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revolther
May 27, 2008

Rolo posted:

I picked up GTA5 after a long time and their success with micro transactions is really showing. Every couple minutes I get an in game phone call telling me to buy property, and if I hang up on them I get a big black square in the top left to the tune of “GO TO THE FORCLOSURE SITE AND BUY A BUNKER/CLUB/OFFICE!!”
That sounds like the game trying to tutorial you into the new DLC/online content more than a blatant push for the microtransactions, but the online component could be argued as nothing but a push for the microtransactions...