Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

VideoGames posted:

I am so stoked that another person is playing Nier:Automata for the first time!! :D

Despite all the talk about it, like HZD I went in blind. I can skip posts easily without getting spoiled so I guess it's going to be a trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Filthy MGSV-lovers put your money where your mouth is

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=32562

money slapped down mf. whos getting owned now

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Filthy MGSV-lovers put your money where your mouth is

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=32562

HELL YEAH

"300$"

Oh nah but maybe I'll print a picture of it at my local library for 55¢

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just caught up with this thread and sigh. Let’s cover:

Not wanting to consume media because of your own beliefs: fine
Not wanting to consume media because a model for a minor character is a guy who supported a bad guy even though there’s like hundreds of other people who support said bad guy more and its just about as tertiary to the property itself at this poo poo gets: weird and bizarre

Caring about spoilers and wanting to avoid them: fine
Angrily complaining like “I GUESS THIS IS WHAT WE’RE DOING NOW HUH” because people are discussing a game that came out ten years ago on a different console: weird and bizarre

and still a drat month til cowboys, poo poo

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Boy! This GoW game looks great but whoever came up with the stanfard cobtrol schme has weird ideas. It is so much more intuitive to have block on L2 it is unreal.

I love the Axe throwing puzzles and the general gameplay but I am a little confused by the open world aspect. Should I follow the main quest first? I have been rowing a ton and found a lot of docks but most don't get me further. I just did Alfheim and am on the mountain again now.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Hopper posted:

Boy! This GoW game looks great but whoever came up with the stanfard cobtrol schme has weird ideas. It is so much more intuitive to have block on L2 it is unreal.

Haha, you can blame the Souls games for this.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Hopper posted:

I love the Axe throwing puzzles and the general gameplay but I am a little confused by the open world aspect. Should I follow the main quest first? I have been rowing a ton and found a lot of docks but most don't get me further. I just did Alfheim and am on the mountain again now.

There is a whole lot to do, so I'd say do a little rowing around the Lake of Nine every time you have some free time or something changed. Sidequests give good rewards and you get more used to the combat.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
gently caress it, I pre-ordered Hollow Knight.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Montalvo posted:

You’ve made a good decision, friend.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Montalvo posted:

Same

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I already have Hollow Knight on Switch, I preordered Life is Strange 2 though

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sakurazuka posted:

I already have Hollow Knight on Switch, I preordered Life is Strange 2 though

I bought LiS 2 from GMG because it was 25% off and now I am patiently awaiting my key. :negative:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Hollow Knight's progression for me was like:

-Hmm this game seems alright
-Oh cool I guess you unlock more movement options this is pretty fun
-Wait how big is this game
-WAIT HOW BIG IS THIS GAME
-this is the greatest metroidvania

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Steve Yun posted:

Having a bad memory is great because I read spoilers in here all the time and I forget them by the time I get around to most games

I actually spoiled myself on one of the reveals in the Witcher 3's DLC twice because I'm a dumbass who read the spoiler before and then just forgot about it, then did it again.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve bought Hollow Knight on PC twice and stopped playing both times just so I could buy it again for PS4, it’s that good.

Now for today’s news: Marvel’s Spider-Man is the best superhero video game ever made.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Hey don’t those new controller colors drop today? That berry blue rules.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Rolo posted:

Hey don’t those new controller colors drop today? That berry blue rules.

Sunburst orange all the way for me. I'm getting one as soon as I am able.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I do love that Goku DS4 but my PS1 grey one is too good to switch right now.

Escobarbarian posted:

and still a drat month til cowboys, poo poo

My hype has gone 0-60 in the last few weeks. I can’t wait for it. I’m going to have that poo poo preordered and preloaded for a midnight coffee + vidyagame session for sure!

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

What do we know of the new Hollow Knight Voidheart Edition? I purchased Hollow Knight on the Switch because of all of the great reviews, but have yet to start playing it. Does Voidheard add enough that I should buy and play it on the PS4, and just eat the cost for the switch version?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hollow Knight is the perfect game and you already have it on the perfect console: The Nintendo Switch. Skip it on PS4.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's the same, they're just calling it that because it's on PS4 and I guess includes all the dlc from the start instead of having to wait a bit on Switch because one wasn't out.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Ok so presumably Pro stocks have been low because Sony have been holding them back for a Red Dead bundle:
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1044195078296801282

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Red Warrior posted:

Ok so presumably Pro stocks have been low because Sony have been holding them back for a Red Dead bundle:

Red dead retention

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Torn between wanting a pro as RDR2 comes out but then I remember Spider Man was really the only PS4 game I played all year.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

snoremac posted:

1. Is Destiny 2 worth playing?
2. Do I need a mic to play online properly?

1. Yep
2. Only if you do raids or pvp in teams. Never do PvP or Gambit (a hybrid pve/pvp mode) solo.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

It's the same, they're just calling it that because it's on PS4 and I guess includes all the dlc from the start instead of having to wait a bit on Switch because one wasn't out.

Cool, thanks. I was thinking it was already out on PS4, and they were releasing new features as a full game instead of as DLC. This makes a lot more sense though, and I can happily play Hollow Knight on my Switch.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Red Warrior posted:

This a very tempting reason to upgrade to a Pro finally hmmmm.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I straight up didn't buy Monster Hunter World and God of War initially because I don't have a pro. Monster hunter on the base PS4 just felt super laggy and compromised, and GOW being 30 vs 60 FPS is a huge difference looks wise from what I saw at a friend's.

Eventually I just caved and bought GOW but I did wait for the PC port of Monster hunter.

I think Sony's strategy of selling 2 consoles backfired because now I just buy games on PC if they don't seem designed well for base PS4.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
eu's also getting a slim bundle

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
If you can get a pro it ownz

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Owning a Pro is pretty cool for the resolution enhancements and performance mode options alone. Horizon, God of War and Shadow of the Colossus all look stellar and as a perennial FOMOer it's good to know you're getting the "best" possible experience the game has to offer. In practice I end up buying almost all multiplats for PC though because why have pretty good graphics at 30fps when you can have :pcgaming::pcgaming::pcgaming: for just a couple grand? The PS4 is also great for indie games you don't want clogging up your computer's hard drive.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

wish it wasn't so loud. I literally took an extended break from the frozen wilds because I had had it with the fan noise.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Rinkles posted:

wish it wasn't so loud. I literally took an extended break from the frozen wilds because I had had it with the fan noise.

I like when my old man PS4's fans crank up. I bought the loving thing to work and play games on man!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Didn't notice the fan noise much on Horizon Zero Dawn. Thing spins up like a wind turbine every time it loads up God of War though. Neither of them compare to the disc read sounds of my PS2 trying to process the sheer awesomeness of Shadow of the Colossus back in 2005.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Didn't notice the fan noise much on Horizon Zero Dawn. Thing spins up like a wind turbine every time it loads up God of War though. Neither of them compare to the disc read sounds of my PS2 trying to process the sheer awesomeness of Shadow of the Colossus back in 2005.

horizon vanilla less so, tfw definitely. i had trouble following dialog

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

exquisite tea posted:

I'm pretty sure Socom 3 almost killed my slim ps2.

After Socom 2+NHL 2k5 killed my fat ps2.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Playing DOOM at a silky smooth 60fps: fine.
Pausing DOOM and looking at the menus: PS4 fan goes nuts.

If my launch PS4 dies it'll be because of an uncapped menu screen.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
wait, FOTNS is out next week? that means im getting it on saturday, what the gently caress i thought it was out in november, did it get pushed forward? i dont have time to play these loving amazing looking games i keep buying at full price on release day you fucks. i still have kiwami 2 to go and spider-man. loving cowboys is out at the end of the month too? the gently caress is this poo poo.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

why do they keep releasing games for this thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

VideoGames posted:

I am so stoked that another person is playing Nier:Automata for the first time!! :D

Same