Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ok seriously anyone playing Odyssey make sure you take the time to do the quests and storylines on the Silver Islands (Mykonos and Delos). Great writing and characters. I guess that’s what people mean when they compare some of the sidequest writing to Witcher 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

“I wonder if trying to date both of these people will lead to a threesome or them both being mad at me” is not something I thought I’d ever think while playing an Assassin’s Creed game

This post has cemented my decision to continue dipping out on AC

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Escobarbarian posted:

Ok seriously anyone playing Odyssey make sure you take the time to do the quests and storylines on the Silver Islands (Mykonos and Delos). Great writing and characters. I guess that’s what people mean when they compare some of the sidequest writing to Witcher 3.

There are quite a few ways that whole questline can resolve too, including just murdering the big bad guy outright and bypassing all the relationship drama. Overall the island sidequests can be hit and miss but that storyline is one of the standouts.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

There are quite a few ways that whole questline can resolve too, including just murdering the big bad guy outright and bypassing all the relationship drama. Overall the island sidequests can be hit and miss but that storyline is one of the standouts.

I went with telling Kyra the truth about her dad after he was already dead and we’d already shacked up, having the other guy get jealous and try to kill me, and then telling Kyra that I had to kill him, causing her to reject me. I was legitimately really sad at the end!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Escobarbarian posted:

I went with telling Kyra the truth about her dad after he was already dead and we’d already shacked up, having the other guy get jealous and try to kill me, and then telling Kyra that I had to kill him, causing her to reject me. I was legitimately really sad at the end!

In my game I followed Kyra's questline but did not do the romance path, told her the truth about Podarkes in the end, and got a nice little pyre scene followed by a party with her and Thelatas ruling Mykonos together. Pretty neat how differently it can go!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Escobarbarian posted:

I told her and everyone right away. because I was worried it would get out (theres a beggar running around that told ME about it after all) it didnt go well and I rolled with it instead of reloading. I had snuck into the guys room with him asleep to get the proof. when she just got pissed I went and murdered him.

the funny part is I had no interest with sleeping with her so it ended with her telling me we could never be together now because of what I did. and I'm like, :chloe: what, someone has a high opinion of herself? at no time did I try to flirt at all. homie got poisoned too, my bad. sokrates thought it was all "very inter-esting"

Super cool island isolated story area that seems like it can go a lot of different ways.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Welp just found out I've got a whole month off work. Great time to clear my backlog? No, I just bought Lost Sphear. It's cute so far I guess. If it's not too long I might have time to clear my backlog after all

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Ok Hitman 2, what the hell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ5Bu02IwGk

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Making a game about killing Sean Bean is :perfect:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

They named the, uhh... 10th? Hitman game Hitman 2?

Hitman 2 Silent Assassin was complete poo poo as I remember it, but I guess they realized games should have actual functioning controls at some point after that because the last Hitman game I tried was OK.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Jerry Cotton posted:

Hitman 2 Silent Assassin was complete poo poo as I remember it, but I guess they realized games should have actual functioning controls at some point after that because the last Hitman game I tried was OK.

gently caress you, Silent Assassin was awesome.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I recall you unlocked guns in that game for Silent Assassin ranks. One reward was a double barrell shotgun

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Ha picked up the very last copy of Origins Gold at a local store and paid 39€ since I found out I could use my useless flight miles to get a 10€ voucher instead of letting them expire.

Should be good value for my money I guess. And if not I'll sell it on.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

This latest generation is all about forgetting how to count in a proper series.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Complete bunk, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin owned. It had a couple of bad levels but that was because it had like 20+ of 'em.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Hitman 2 was great as long as you understood that the game wasn't really designed around getting Silent Assassin in every level. There were some missions that are designed around you killing someone in a specific way and that way only.

On another note, I would love if one of the truck simulator games made it over to PS4. Those are surprisingly relaxing.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I got Silent Assassin on every level of Hitman 2 and it literally broke the game and rolled over my score into the negatives on the summary screen. I guess what I'm saying is I agree with you and so did the literal game.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xCbDwoN9DQ

Pretty loving excited about this Override game. It looks fantastic.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I got Silent Assassin on every level of Hitman 2 and it literally broke the game and rolled over my score into the negatives on the summary screen. I guess what I'm saying is I agree with you and so did the literal game.

More like Signed Assassin

acksplode
May 17, 2004

lol

haveblue posted:

More like Signed Assassin

lol

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Tempted by warface based on its incredibly dumb name.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Safeword posted:

Tempted by warface based on its incredibly dumb name.

it's ok for a free game but you can do a lot better

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Not sure if this is PS4 related but lmfao gently caress off Rockstar

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45891126

quote:

Grand Theft Auto 'cheats' homes raided
The court order allowed Rockstar Games and its parent company, Take-Two Interactive, to search two properties in Melbourne, Australia, for evidence related to a cheat known as Infamous.

The Australian federal court has also frozen the assets of the five, who have not yet filed a defence.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Over There posted:

Did you know that Rstar works their employees for hundreds of hours a week? The true crime here.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Over There posted:

Poke the microtransaction bull and you get the P2W horns.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Over There posted:

Cant wait for rdr2

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Mr Hootington posted:

Cant wait for rdr2

cheat in their game and they will come to your house, hogtie you, and put you on a train track.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Over There posted:

This is good.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
"Cheat" is kind of underselling, they don't care about people enabling God mode for themselves they care about people spawning money instead of buying it

acksplode
May 17, 2004

ElwoodCuse posted:

"Cheat" is kind of underselling, they don't care about people enabling God mode for themselves they care about people spawning money instead of buying it

Seems like what really set them off is that they were selling access to the cheat, directly profiting from it.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

ElwoodCuse posted:

There's something weird about a private company requesting a raid and seize of assets because of fake online currency, but I guess that's just me.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Over There posted:

There's something weird about a private company requesting a raid and seize of assets because of fake online currency, but I guess that's just me.

Why is it weird? I have zero concern or sympathy for Rockstar's bottom line but like, what do you think is going to happen if you sell something that allows people to get something that normally costs money for free.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Anyone know if it's possible to get the 10% off spotify if you already have an account linked to PSN? or is that new subs only?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Over There posted:

Sounds like a virtual Robin Hood. I could see why they would want to stop them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Over There posted:

They were charging people $40 for the cheat to bypass fake online currency that Rockstar charges real money for. Regardless of how I personally feel about microtransactions, I don't see how this is that shocking or appaling.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

paying money to bypass paying money sounds ridiculous, but I guess gta's money sinks must have been deep enough to make it seem worth it

I can't find much sympathy for either side of the equation here tbh

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

GTA V is the most financially successful piece of media in the history of the world and they still treat their employees like poo poo, god drat!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I don't see what is illegal about selling money hacks.

If the hacks include copyrighted code, then, well... they can do a DMCA strike or stop the distribution, but lol, getting the police in the loop?

I guess the rules bend and the law is written by the lobbies.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tei posted:

I don't see what is illegal about selling money hacks.

If the hacks include copyrighted code, then, well... they can do a DMCA strike or stop the distribution, but lol, getting the police in the loop?

I guess the rules bend and the law is written by the lobbies.

Yeah, its that notorious videogame lobby stopping you from hacking things so you dont have to pay for digital goods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
you're all gonna get arrested next year for pulling too many devil triggers in DMC5.