Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

dantheman650 posted:

Is it worth getting the DLC for Bloodborne? I’ve never played a souls game but it’s 8 for the base game and 14 for the base plus DLC right now.

Any other good sales start this week?

There are 2 bosses in that DLC that are absolutely amazing, like top 5 BB/DS bosses. It was my favorite part of the game, easily, and possibly my favorite SoulsBorne segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I made it to Chapter 3 in RDR2 and it’s just not clicking for me. I’m glad I got the physical copy so I can trade it in. Also sitting on $55 in PSN credit and thinking about biting on Spider-Man for $40 during the sale. I was saving the cash to get a reduced Plus sub but it doesn’t look like they’re gonna drop the price again like on Black Friday.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

mastershakeman posted:

it's the best dlc in any from game ever , get it

Woah woah woah woah woah.

Woah.

I know its bloodborne, but let's just not go crazypants.

It's good buy the complete game. Best ever dlc? You just cant take words like that back.

witcher 3 dlc both better

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Woah woah woah woah woah.

Woah.

I know its bloodborne, but let's just not go crazypants.

It's good buy the complete game. Best ever dlc? You just cant take words like that back.

witcher 3 dlc both better

best DLC in any From game, they said

and they're right, nothing besides Artorias of the Abyss even comes close

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The sheer amount of new weapons in the DLC just completely changes the game, buy that poo poo

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Old Hunters is better than The Witcher 3 DLC because it's fully integrated into the base experience and enhances the experience holistically, rather than just being new story (which it absolutely excels at anyway). I'm saying this as someone that will punch you for not liking Hearts of Stone as well.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

Oh. Then ok

How's that there strange brigade? On sale

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AotA is small compared to the size of the bb dlc

dantheman650 posted:

Is it worth getting the DLC for Bloodborne? I’ve never played a souls game but it’s 8 for the base game and 14 for the base plus DLC right now.

Any other good sales start this week?

The dlc is god tier

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Oxxidation posted:

The Artorias fight is stilll one of my favorite boss fights of all time even though I’ve never beaten him

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I'm gonna wait until at least after Christmas on this one but any Spider-fan thoughts on the DLC being worth an extra few bucks? It seems like a good deal for regular and deluxe versions but the DLC seems to be getting mixed reviews.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Super Grocery Kart posted:

The Artorias fight is stilll one of my favorite boss fights of all time even though I’ve never beaten him

I did Artorias on like... NG+++++ the first time and I thought he was a fakeout because he didn't give me much trouble. :negative:

Then again I also thought Fume Knight was more boring than fun.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Wolfsheim posted:

I'm gonna wait until at least after Christmas on this one but any Spider-fan thoughts on the DLC being worth an extra few bucks? It seems like a good deal for regular and deluxe versions but the DLC seems to be getting mixed reviews.

It's more poo poo to do, but it's a bit lightweight in my experience. It ramps up the difficulty, gives some new suits and continues some stories. If the price is right I'd say get it but you aren't missing out on anything that will define the game for you.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This is like me in Bloodborne dying a hundred times to the witch boss but beating the one reborn, shadows of yharnam, amelia, maybe another in one go while always being poo poo at Souls games.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I really need to fight the one reborn again I was so hammered I can't remember anything

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Strange Brigade?

A friend got it and wants to coop over holidays. Any experience? Games on sale but looks like a 35 season pass bait to me.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
From software dlc
Bb>ds2>ds1>ds3

Ds2 dlc is insanely good and tried some weird things. I think fume, alonne and ivory king are all top 10 bosses
Ds1 had one great fight and one solid one but I didn't like either zones. Ds3 dlc was a mess

My only problem with bb dlc is Ludwig gates so much of it and he's the only boss in BB that seems random in his difficulty and it's not a good experience

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I didn’t like any of the DS3 DLC areas but Friede and Gael were awesome bosses.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

mastershakeman posted:

From software dlc
Bb>ds2>ds1>ds3

Ds2 dlc is insanely good and tried some weird things. I think fume, alonne and ivory king are all top 10 bosses
Ds1 had one great fight and one solid one but I didn't like either zones. Ds3 dlc was a mess

My only problem with bb dlc is Ludwig gates so much of it and he's the only boss in BB that seems random in his difficulty and it's not a good experience

I still haven't finished BB or touched the DLC in it because something distracted me during my last playthrough and my skills atrophied, and going back to it probably means starting over.

Of all the From games though I like the DLC of 3 the best aesthetically, but the gameplay was poop from a butt. DS2 was probably my second favorite but still insanely difficult for what it was, especially the first DLC area.

DS1 is probably my least essential of all of them. I like the mushroom lady but I really don't like Artorias and don't see the appeal. If you could parry him I still wouldn't like him but at least it would make much more sense to me why others did.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I admit now I have a TV with a game mode/no input lag I kinda wanna give Bloodborne another go but I’ve already spent too long trying imo

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Escobarbarian posted:

I admit now I have a TV with a game mode/no input lag I kinda wanna give Bloodborne another go but I’ve already spent too long trying imo

This will probably be the thing that gets me back into it, because last time I had to adjust to the input lag from my tv/receiver and it worked well enough for me to get like 70% through the game but it seemed like a significant handicap, especially after playing DS1-3 on PC. Or I guess I could just move the ps4 upstairs and connect it to a monitor for a bit assuming I don't upgrade any time soon. But I really want a 4k tv...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dehry posted:

They probably also didn't care about the boobie dungeon crawler or little sister and demon girl visual novel either but they have a persecution complex and seek out things to complain about.

Not being sarcastic or anything but if you've seen any of this still going on, PM me because I love pissy gamer posts and the Idiots on Social Media thread can always use more content.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The first DS3 DLC was actually awesome but a bit short. Second one was a mixed bag.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I hated both ds3 dlc's. the bosses sucked

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i only played through ds3's base game but it was already getting real tiresome how every other boss had a second-wind lifebar, and the dlc's did not appear to improve on this

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

o no the dlc was way worse about that. friede did it twice

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

I hated both ds3 dlc's. the bosses sucked

Blasphemy. The only ones that sucked was that loving dragon and the one with 3 dragons. Gael and Friede were top tier and the greatwolf was a good fight too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

friede is like the worst boss in the series

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Couldn't disagree more.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I know, we've argued about ds3 before

the bosses of the dlc take a bunch of stuff I don't like in the base game of ds3 and cranking them up to 11. the areas in the first dlc are boring and in the second they're beyond annoying. I was really hopeful for the dlc since they'd always been better than the base games before, but I couldn't have been more disappointed

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I’m about to play Heavy Rain. How is it compared to, say, Until Dawn (which I enjoyed)?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
it’s loving terrible

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I like Friede and I really like Gael, but Midir sucks rear end and is the only boss in the game I didn't beat on NG+ because he's so loving tedious.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fifteen of Many posted:

I’m about to play Heavy Rain. How is it compared to, say, Until Dawn (which I enjoyed)?

It's like if until dawn was way dumber but took itself really seriously. it's fun though.

Veib posted:

I like Friede and I really like Gael, but Midir sucks rear end and is the only boss in the game I didn't beat on NG+ because he's so loving tedious.

Yeah Midir is a loving joke. I quit after like 10 tries and never looked back.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Fifteen of Many posted:

it's a murder mystery that deliberately lies to the audience and contradicts its own plot to preserve the "twist"

and also it is fascinated with piss?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can prob skip all of the david cage games before the latest one, which is apparently good

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I legit forgot about midir , he freaking sucked. So did the other optional dragon in ds1. Dragons suck to fight

Freide is awesome if you haven't fought Maria, which I hadn't, but the three phase thing was way too drawn out. Gael was good but not as good as alonne

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

you can prob skip all of the david cage games before the latest one, which is apparently good

Indigo Prophecy has a very good beginning and then it goes completely loving insane in the best way. A cop bangs a zombie murder suspect who then goes on to kung fu fight the internet.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's not on ps4 tho afaik

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fifteen of Many posted:

Controls, graphics, story...its all terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's not on ps4 tho afaik

They did a PS4 remaster. May be with the original title of Fahrenheit though.