Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

blackguy32 posted:

Get the Crew 2 if you want to explore the open world and go on road trips. But the storyline really sucks. But starting out in California and then driving across the country to Florida with some of your own tunes blaring is an amazing experience.

I played the 2016 need for speed last year and basically ignored the story so I think I'm prepared for this. Ended up completing that game and getting the platinum. Is payback more of a linear racing game? The 2016 need for speed was a little open world even if it was basically one large city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Jimbot posted:

Has a fully modeled butthole too.

You play a game like The Last Guardian and it's easy to predict that it'll influence a bunch of games, but it's often hard to predict how.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

mysterious frankie posted:

I want to say I put maybe 140 hours in over the course of three months and got nowhere close to beating the game in that time because I was trying to hit everything on every island before moving on. If you combined getting plat with being a completionist and check off everything that isn't autogenerating on every island I could see the game taking 400+ hours to "finish".

E: it's a game I wish I could send back in time to myself when I was a 13 and relied on my mom getting me maybe one game a year, because Odyssey could definitely fill a whole one of those without you needing to start over.

I think it took me 120 hours to plat ac odyssey. Didnt bother with any of the dlc though

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Ineffiable posted:

I played the 2016 need for speed last year and basically ignored the story so I think I'm prepared for this. Ended up completing that game and getting the platinum. Is payback more of a linear racing game? The 2016 need for speed was a little open world even if it was basically one large city

I never played Payback, so I can't say. I do own The Crew 1 and 2, and I beat The Crew 1, but the Crew 2 has a really dumb story mode and unnecessary plane and boat stuff tied to it.

From a quick read, Need for Speed Payback is open world.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1265707531424456710

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

June 3rd: Sony shows gameplay for PS5 launch window games.

June 4th: Sega announced the Sega Dreamcast 2 is OUT NOW.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jesus Christ announce the drat price and date you hacks!

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

bows1 posted:

Ok all the drat minibosses and bosses cleared, only Isshin left.

I have 9 prayer bead bracelets, is it possible to get one more before finishing? am I missing something?

Yeah there’s 10 total, so you need 40, you don’t have any more beads? The few that are tricky to find off the top of my head are:
Behind a sort of hidden door in Ashina castle where all the blue robed dudes are, its an ornate wall that swivels around like the shinobi shortcut that leads back to the dilapidated temple.
One on the way or slightly out of the way going to the Gun Fort (I might be thinking of a gourd seed)
Another one in an area that’s got a bunch of sort of pyramid shaped small statues, it’s near a little pool of water that’s near a headless, this is also on the way to the gun fort..

Also check the box right by the spot Hanbei the Undying is or was, the undead guy that trains you at the dilapidated temple.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ineffiable posted:

Hey so I'm looking for a casual game, most likely an arcade racer to fill out some time between big games.

Need for speed payback is $4

Or is the crew 2 better than that for $12?

You can get Need For Speed Rivals and NFS 2016 (both deluxe editions) for $8. It's not part of any advertised sale, but if you search for it, that's the deal and it's a VERY GOOD DEAL

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

METAL MAX Xeno

How is it?

Also: GOD WARS Future Past

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 27, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

HBO Max app isn't quite as bad as the HBO Now app. Still has the same awful DNA though and runs slower than any other streaming app.

They have all the Studio Ghibli films on there now tho.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is there a free trial with the app or anything?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah. I already had it but before I signed in there was a free trial prompt. Can't remember if it was a week or a month.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Imhotep posted:

I didn’t play it when it came out originally, but I want to play XIII after beating VII remake and knowing that the same composer did like all of the new music in remake. From what I’ve heard the ost for XIII is sick

God drat the vii remake has an incredible ost https://youtu.be/2Vsb5cX4H9s

Is that the same guy who did the SaGa Frontier 2 soundtrack? cuz that ost is really good. Dont remember much from the FF13 ost tho

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It’s really strange how catty they’re being about a release date and price for something supposedly coming out this year. You’d think they’d want a little more publicity leading up to it.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I got an email for "2 months of Funimation," which is 2 months free of Funimation Premium. Never even heard of it, and I don't watch anime, so I don't need it.

To whoever grabs it first -

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

man nurse posted:

It’s really strange how catty they’re being about a release date and price for something supposedly coming out this year. You’d think they’d want a little more publicity leading up to it.

Spoiler alert nothing planned for late 2020 is going to make street date.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Sometime in November a weird box that says Sony ps5 will show up at the big box stores with a price tag of $900

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

man nurse posted:

"in the middle of these trying and uncertain times"

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

precision posted:

You can get Need For Speed Rivals and NFS 2016 (both deluxe editions) for $8. It's not part of any advertised sale, but if you search for it, that's the deal and it's a VERY GOOD DEAL

I've already played both of those otherwise I'd jump on that. That's definitely a very good deal.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

BisterdDave posted:

"in the middle of these trying and uncertain times"

That makes sense for release date but for pricing less so.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlestheHammer posted:

That makes sense for release date but for pricing less so.

They're playing chicken with Microsoft for that one

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yeah, I think Sony is afraid that MS will match or undercut their price if they announce first. MS can worry less about the hardware's profit margin if they can expect consistent revenue on gamepass subscriptions from most people who buy an Xbox. That plus the Series X edge on CPU/GPU specs and you have a marketing challenge

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sakurazuka posted:

They're playing chicken with Microsoft for that one

It'll have to be upgraded to a Mexican standoff if Sega enters the race.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Last of Us Part II is looking extremely visceral in its violence and disturbingness surrounding that, to a point where I feel they're trying to outdo Mortal Kombat as a bet. At least MK didn't meticulously reproduce the wailing of a dog being lit on fire.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Are you guys ready for the 3DO-2020?!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Definitely looks bloody miserable and grimdark as hell haha

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crows Turn Off posted:

Are you guys ready for the 3DO-2020?!

I'm ready for whatever comes out to be priced like the 3DO was, at least.

univbee fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 27, 2020

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

univbee posted:

The Last of Us Part II is looking extremely visceral in its violence and disturbingness surrounding that, to a point where I feel they're trying to outdo Mortal Kombat as a bet. At least MK didn't meticulously reproduce the wailing of a dog being lit on fire.

Yeahhhh no, definitely not playing it now.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They’re not real dogs

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
extremely looking forward to tlou 2

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Escobarbarian posted:

They’re not real dogs

I think that’s not the point but I think you know that

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I mean, I guess you can just not use molotovs and avoid it, but I do suspect killing dogs in some fashion is going to be a thing you have to do no matter what. My brother's girlfriend will be thrilled.

Escobarbarian posted:

They’re not real dogs

They will be on PS5.

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!
It's a dog yelping noise - not much meticulousness you can do there.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

univbee posted:

They will be on PS5.

Hmm, maybe I should cancel my pre-order and wait for that

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Just in genreal TLOU does not really appeal to me. Didn't play the first one. Don't really need extra reasons to avoid the sequel but violence against dogs in games bugs me so it's going to be a no for me, dog.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

veni veni veni posted:

HBO Max app isn't quite as bad as the HBO Now app. Still has the same awful DNA though and runs slower than any other streaming app.

They have all the Studio Ghibli films on there now tho.

I got it for "free" by having an HBO Now sub through Hulu... except none of the content is currently on Hulu. The old HBO Now content is still there and new HBO icon says Max though... it's an extremely classy icon!

Pretty sure what Hulu meant when they said my add-on was upgraded is that I can sign into the Max site\app with my Hulu credentials now, which I wouldn't mind if Roku had a Max app so that I didn't have to use my console to view one specific provider's content. I guess I'm less mad than I am perplexed... and sort of shocked that I'm even shocked, given the fact that this was already a weird freestanding passionless blob of a project that only calls itself HBO because HBO is in there, we all agree that HBO is cool and TimeWarner wants more money.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

bows1 posted:

Ok all the drat minibosses and bosses cleared, only Isshin left.

I have 9 prayer bead bracelets, is it possible to get one more before finishing? am I missing something?

There should be 10, but 2 beads are missable: https://www.powerpyx.com/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-all-prayer-bead-locations/

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The slaughter of thousands of humans in a game: fine, good

The killing of an evil dog: abhorrent, bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

capcom announced MAJOR resident evil news june 10th!

its resident evil 8 baby, its time. meant to be out in jan originally but rona might have pushed it back to jan-march time but who knows