Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Oh what the gently caress.

https://twitter.com/blind_rasputin/status/1289328968886190080?s=21

Seriously I want to get out of these woods and never see them again gently caress this entire place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The real horror is Twitter's video compression

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

me your dad posted:

I'm contemplating getting Cuphead but I'm worried I may find it too frustrating. If I completed Bloodborne and the DLC, but rage-quit Hollow Knight on the second Hornet fight, should I pass?

Yeah I don’t think you’d really enjoy Cuphead

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Y O U D I E D

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Blind Rasputin posted:

Seriously I want to get out of these woods and never see them again gently caress this entire place

lmbo

owned

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Blind Rasputin posted:

And that's why you always creep around painstakingly removing enemies from the forest

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

BisterdDave posted:

This was a feature included in the 4.0 FW update a few years back.

One thing I hope we get with the PS5 is the ability to see stats for unearned trophies, like % completion (Earn 200 kills, shows how many have been earned towards that trophy). I really like that feature on Xbox, being able to know how close I am to earning an achievement rather than guessing the whole time.

FWIW, Days Gone actually has this as an in-game feature. You can see all the trophies available and how far along you are toward each.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Blind Rasputin posted:

https://twitter.com/thenamnesor/status/1234983379759763456

the perfect trap

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Behold! A paleblood sky!

“... We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open..."

Blind Rasputin fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 1, 2020

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Being able to summon both Henryk and one of the confederate twins made that shadows of Yharnam fight so hectic and metal. It was just a three on three slaughter.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Is there anything more wonderful than someone who started off fighting enemies with his fists now plowing through Bloodborne and posting screenshots

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Haha. I found the old original SA Bloodborne thread from when it first came out. I’m not the only one that banged my head against a wall until I killed the werewolf with my bare hands! Some post was like, “if my first weapons are beyond this bonfire I’m literally going to uninstall this game.”

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
I wish I could enjoy Bloodborne. It seems so good, but because I can't get long stretches of game time, I play some, get a groove on for a couple days do a couple bosses, but then don't touch it for a couple weeks. When I try to pick it back up, I forget what the hell was going on, where anything is, etc. So I wind up starting over, get back into it a bit, then don't touch it for a couple weeks... so I just stopped. It's still sitting there on my HD. Taunting me.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

oh wow, upcoing Halo is f2p? so weird

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I really need to pick BB back up again. I stopped shortly after getting to Yahar'gul. Just finished FF7R, so maybe that's back in the picture.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Lumpy posted:

I wish I could enjoy Bloodborne. It seems so good, but because I can't get long stretches of game time, I play some, get a groove on for a couple days do a couple bosses, but then don't touch it for a couple weeks. When I try to pick it back up, I forget what the hell was going on, where anything is, etc. So I wind up starting over, get back into it a bit, then don't touch it for a couple weeks... so I just stopped. It's still sitting there on my HD. Taunting me.

At some point that game clicked for me and I couldn't put it down like Sekiro. None of the Dark Souls games did that for me other than maybe Dark Souls 2. At some point, the game got a lot easier. I think right around the time I got Ludwig's Holy Blade. But if you can't get a groove, then don't force it. There are other games to play. I forced it with Dark Souls 3 and I think in the end even though I beat the normal game, it just made me really dislike it

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Tsushima is the first game in a while I've played where rumble is important for gameplay: If you're wearing the travelers clothes it rumbles when you're near an artifact. It sucks though because it drains the controller way faster, and is also feels so rough compared to Nintendo's HD rumble. Is there some substitute setting for that somewhere?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Replaying Bloodborne and knowing how to get some of those DLC weapons early is really cool... the Whirligig Saw, now THAT'S a weapon.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

almost forgot to redeem my PS+ games for this month....

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Lmao I love Konami

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

It's it possible to buy a game for someone else from the console or the app, like from my house

e hmm, seems like gift cards. Lame

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Inspector Hound posted:

It's it possible to buy a game for someone else from the console or the app, like from my house

Nope, best you can do is buy them PSN money

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Inspector Hound posted:

You mean a gift function? I don't think the PS store has that yet.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Sad, I'd have pulled the trigger just now. I'll still figure out how to get him a card, probably good not to make impulse gifts that easy lol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Blind Rasputin posted:

Haha. I found the old original SA Bloodborne thread from when it first came out. I’m not the only one that banged my head against a wall until I killed the werewolf with my bare hands! Some post was like, “if my first weapons are beyond this bonfire I’m literally going to uninstall this game.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZVrZAG3wu4

still have my original YouTube of this, you know we had to do it to em

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'd love to sit in on Konami meeting where they decide the toying with people's emotions while never releasing any games ever is their deliberate marketing strategy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I imagine whoever runs the Konami twitter account had no clue what they were stepping into.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I don't like Days Gone structure at all. After an okay time free roam exploring and scavenging, all I've been doing for the past few hours is chasing storyline waypoints. There must have been a better way of spreading this out.

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
To all the people asking, Hellpoint is cool and I'm enjoying it a lot. Fast travel system is borderline nonexistent and I haven't been able to play online yet, I think they're still working on it, lol. The framerate is worse than Bloodborne which makes fighting hordes in small areas suicide, and there are some pretty bad glitches like losing key items or the ability to switch weapons with the dpad until you reload. Setting and levels so far are solid, combat is like Bloodborne and Nioh, but you can jump and guns do damage which is welcome. Event Horizon was a bad rear end movie and you should watch it if you haven't yet

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

I imagine whoever runs the Konami twitter account had no clue what they were stepping into.
Yeah it's not like they know anything about how the company they work for has been for the last 10 years...?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah it's not like they know anything about how the company they work for has been for the last 10 years...?

The person manning the Twitter was probably 6-8 years old when Konami last released a good game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Never assume malice where incompetence is more likely

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Manning a big company's official twitter account seems like a big responsibility that they would give to someone with some experience and knowledge of the company.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Manning a big company's official twitter account seems like a big responsibility that they would give to someone with some experience and knowledge of the company.

Lol okay

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

This was entertaining but I thought you were freaking out because you discovered the (minor spoiler) full blown gray aliens from outer space that I think are also in that forest.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Samurai Sanders posted:

The people making the purchase decisions for Konami's current products are almost all 50+ who are barely aware Twitter exists.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hot take as someone to unqualified to offer an opinion on it since I haven't played it; Cuphead has decently fun boss fights but the side scrolling stages are a nightmare and very unfun to deal with. There's not enough screen for you to see ahead of you to avoid incoming attacks.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

""""backpedal"""

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

This was entertaining but I thought you were freaking out because you discovered the (minor spoiler) full blown gray aliens from outer space that I think are also in that forest.

I can not kill those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Blind Rasputin posted:

I can not kill those things.

There was one in particular later in the game that shattered my resolve. No matter how prepared I felt or how badly I smashed up its friends this one dude just had my number. He knew I was afraid.