Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Well, looks like I'm getting a PS5 at release if I can find one. Almost everything there looked good. Spiderman, FF16, Demon's Souls, that Arcane looping game, and RE were standouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

r u ready to WALK posted:

This would only make sense to me if the console had a robot arm to grab a new disc and insert it itself

I will gladly pay the extra $40 to not have to get up from the couch when switching games

you're acting like you can't buy digital with the disc drive version tho

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
Not a fan of the preorder system this time tho

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Aphrodite posted:

That's only because of the UK's weird grocery store centralized game marketplace though. They're the same price digital/physical most other places.

What, amazon and walmart, or target games physical versions are always cheaper than digital ones.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1306337263568039936

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

AllisonByProxy posted:

You can vault over low walls in OG Demon's Souls.

I don’t remember this. I remember Dark Souls adding more movement options (like I think the sprint then jump).

I just checked and the equivalent spot in the OG tutorial is just a drop down from a ledge. You don’t vault over anything.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Akuma posted:

It's £100 cheaper and has GamePass?
It's probably good for people still on 1080p and no PC, but aside from that, it's a hard sell with a real next gen console at $399.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Broshevik posted:

Not a fan of the preorder system this time tho

The preorder system being "we don't know when or how you'll be able to pre-order this" is very bizarre.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

punk rebel ecks posted:

Being honest, it wasn't all that bad.

Demon's Souls looks phenomenal and is exclusive.

It’s also on PC.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Celexi posted:

What, amazon and walmart, or target games physical versions are always cheaper than digital ones.

Only PC has digital deals good enough to not buy the physical version (or a hypothetical one at least). The price differences and the resell value are too great.

Avicus
Aug 31, 2007
Gentleman Bastard
Grimey Drawer
I pre-ordered asscreed valhalla but it looks like it's not out until 31st Dec for PS5, which is a bit wank.

Glad I'll have miles morales and demon souls to play on my PLAYSTATION 5 CONSOLE at launch, though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I wonder if Demon's Souls is for PS4...

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Well the disk drive on the PS5 will play the 4k blu ray movies so the 100$ isn't much of a premium considering what a 4k blu ray player still costs.

I've bought both digital and physical games, it just depends on the situation and i've never sold my old games on any console ever.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

What time?!?!?!?!?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s also on PC.

Any confirmation on this?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I'm bummed that Sony is cribbing Nintendo's BC strategy rather than Microsoft's. Though practically I guess it won't mean much for me, Bloodborne and TLG are part of the program and that's pretty much all I wanted. It just sucks that it's a limited selection tied to your subscription, I was really hoping Microsoft would establish a new norm going forward.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Everything looks nice and all but I’m not buying this at launch. Not enough compelling launch titles, and my PS4 works just fine and has a backlog of games.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pulcinella posted:

I don’t remember this. I remember Dark Souls adding more movement options (like I think the sprint then jump).

I just checked and the equivalent spot in the OG tutorial is just a drop down from a ledge. You don’t vault over anything.

You could always climb over low walls in demons souls. That’s something they removed from Dark Souls

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Rusty posted:

It's probably good for people still on 1080p and no PC, but aside from that, it's a hard sell with a real next gen console at $399.

it upscales to 4k games and plays 4k media! the 500gb drive is a downer though but maybe games will be smaller since they won't be on a hard drive anymore and won't have to duplicate files?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

buddy i'm just back from a sixer, don't do this to me

:blastu: :love:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

infraboy posted:

Well the disk drive on the PS5 will play the 4k blu ray movies so the 100$ isn't much of a premium considering what a 4k blu ray player still costs.

The price of the Xbox One S, with a 4K drive, is about to tank

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

punk rebel ecks posted:

Any confirmation on this?

In the standalone trailer video on the official playstation YouTube it says at the end it’s also on PC.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I ain’t reading 30 pages what’s the price?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Geoff Keighly confirms Demon Souls at launch ! !

:nice:

Day 1 it is!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

acksplode posted:

I'm bummed that Sony is cribbing Nintendo's BC strategy rather than Microsoft's. Though practically I guess it won't mean much for me, Bloodborne and TLG are part of the program and that's pretty much all I wanted. It just sucks that it's a limited selection tied to your subscription, I was really hoping Microsoft would establish a new norm going forward.

Wait what, do you think these are the only PS4 games that'll run?!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

punk rebel ecks posted:

Only PC has digital deals good enough to not buy the physical version (or a hypothetical one at least). The price differences and the resell value are too great.

PSN actually has very good deals these days. Last I saw, all the exclusives were as cheap as $20.

And yeah, as with the PS4, I'm buying all digital. I hate all the boxes. If people want to go physical, hey, that's why they make one with a drive.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Kibayasu posted:

$500

Avicus
Aug 31, 2007
Gentleman Bastard
Grimey Drawer

gently caress, does this mean 00:00 17th September? I need sleep...

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Kibayasu posted:

Five thousand, nine hundred, and ninety nine US dollars.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The price of the Xbox One S, with a 4K drive, is about to tank

pretty sure its discontinued unless you find unsold inventory or buy it used

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
spiderman remaster is real lol but it has raytracing and everything

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Actually the Demon’s Souls trailer also says “not available on other consoles for a limited time” which makes me think its coming to PS4 at some point.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

acksplode posted:

We know that their are other BC games so they haven’t said exactly what will work yet

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Celexi posted:

pretty sure its discontinued unless you find unsold inventory or buy it used

One X discontinued, One S is still going

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kibayasu posted:

$499 with optical drive, $399 without

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Any chance of Bloodborne running at 60 on the PS5 or would they need to basically put out a remake for that

for themeatic *dream/nightmare* reasons Bloodborne will only ever run at 26.9fps

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

acksplode posted:

uh, its BC with discs too. the plus collection is just a bonus for launch time with plus.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
Whole lot of meh IMHO

Probably going to wait at least a year before upgrading.

Interesting that Sonys response to Microsofts aggressive pricing of the S/X is just giving away a handful of
games you probably already have.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

there's no way Demon's Souls is coming to PS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

acksplode posted:

"The vast majority" of PS4 games are BC, the PS+ stuff is just freebies if you don't own them