Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What's everyone's worst game they've bought for the PS4?

It's gotta be a tie between Dying Light and Warriors Orochi 4. Neither one of those got nearly close to finishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Far Cry 5 is probably the worst PS4 game I’ve bought. Even Jedi Fallen Order was more enjoyable to me than that.

I like Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture but I assume to others that’s the obvious worst choice in my library

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Malicious: The Fallen. I don't think I get it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I still think about Anthem, that title was suppose to get a massive overhaul but just kinda quietly disappeared I think and theres been nothing on it since. That is the case for UBISofts Ghost Recon Breakpoint, they were promising a huge overhaul of everything and then that never materialized.

Breakpoint got Ghost Experience patch and AI partners now so it already got more support than Anthem. Hell, Breakpoint might be even playable now to the point that I'm giving it a chance after really liking Wildlands.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Dead Land.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I don't know why anyone would play Everybodys Gone to the Rapture when they could just go outside for a walk (while listening to a podcast)

exact same experience but getting a bit of exercise

JollyBoyJohn fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 18, 2020

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

just started yakuza 5 and holy crap kiryu is an absolute beast in combat right off the bat. gonna be bummed out when i have to switch characters.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Bust Rodd posted:

Jedi: Fallen Order is the only PS4 game I ever played that felt like I had just completely wasted all my time.

Yeah thinking back on it this is probably a fair assessment of it IMO. I kind of enjoyed it but I felt like I wasted my time when it was over, then I played Sekiro immediately after it and felt like a fool.

Escobarbarian posted:

I like Everybody's Gone to the Rapture but I assume to others that's the obvious worst choice in my library

Oh man gently caress Rapture I really wanted to like that game but it's like a 3 hour experience of slowly lumbering around a sleepy British town listening to the spirit of a woman angry about her marriage interspersed with vague lore about the phenomenon.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Somehow I'm not surprised that as the sun sets on this era the thread's retrospective is "so what's the most miserable you've been with the PS4's worst pieces of poo poo?"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

History Comes Inside! posted:

I bought Agents of Mayhem for £5 off eBay because Saints Row was pretty ok despite the sharp downward trajectory of the franchise from 2 onwards.

I would have had a better time setting that fiver on fire.

I pre-ordered it for $60 because of how much I loved SR4. Imagine my feelings of joy.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

We Happy Few. The gameplay was alternatively a pain in the rear end and too easy and simple. I only beat it because I really wanted to know the central mystery box secret setting up the game. Newsflash, the developers clearly didn't know either. The ending is basically them shrugging their shoulders JJ Abrams style.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

ASenileAnimal posted:

just started yakuza 5 and holy crap kiryu is an absolute beast in combat right off the bat. gonna be bummed out when i have to switch characters.

When you get to Saejima's part and you realize it's another prison break, don't despair. Yes, it's a low point, but it improves very quickly and then you get to have mountain man times and it rules again.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

veni veni veni posted:

I love how in 2020 where movie adaptations are almost slavishly devoted to the source material, Paul W.S. Anderson is making a Monster Hunter movie that revolves around the US Marines and stars Milla Jovovich. He's the last director still trying to make things that fans will surely hate and barely recognize. It's so gloriously 1997.

The funny thing is that every crossover in MHW works on isekai rules and US Marines aren't the weirdest folks to take a portal and end up in the Monster Hunter World.

Also the trailer just straight-up uses the sound clips for Black Diablos directly from the game, already making it one of the Most Authentic Adaptations ever

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

FilthyImp posted:

Ff16 really looks like they want a do-over with some leftover 15/Versus ideas.

Not a terrible idea, better than entirely remaking from the ground up every time and taking 10 years

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The funny thing is that every crossover in MHW works on isekai rules and US Marines aren't the weirdest folks to take a portal and end up in the Monster Hunter World.

No, they definitely are. Here, I'll list some MHW crossovers, you tell me which one stands out:

Street Fighter V
Horizon Zero Dawn
The United States Marine Corps
Devil May Cry
Universal Studios Japan
Assassin's Creed
The Witcher

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Universal Studios Japan comes to mind, theme park workers are probably the least suited to fighting monsters

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

fridge corn posted:

I think I was always going to finish nier automata and my saying I was considering otherwise was more commentary on my thoughts while playing it than anything else really. I don't care about people thinking my opinion on the game would be invalid if I dont finish the game but it deserves a fair shake and perhaps the ending of the game will alter my opinion on the work as a whole.

Fair warning, even after you finish it people itt are still not going to let up on you until you finish it in the way they want you to.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Doesn't seem like people were very happy with the changes on the whole.

It routes the chat system trough the text chat system. And the text chat system is all type of terrible. And they deleted important features, like use the chat list to join a friend game. Something that helped games with a weak mm system.

They can't really fix text chats, they will always be a place for spam and spammers. So linking both systems is like heh!.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

WaltherFeng posted:

Left Alive and I've barely played it a couple hours. That said I do plan to finish it one of these days because at least one of the main characters is pretty cool (Olga).

This, Left Alive so loving bad lol

Bonus points to the Godzilla and Little Witch Acadamia games which were both not only awful but hugely disappointing as a big fan of the properties too.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

god drat the blu-ray drive on the PS4 is so noisy. I'm watching a film on it and the whirring is sooooo loud

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

holy poo poo who is this? he sucks, real hard. Is this for children? jesus christ

edit - found out that adults like this...

edit 2 - you have a reason for liking this? DOESNT COUNT

bows1 fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 18, 2020

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

bows1 posted:

holy poo poo who is this? he sucks, real hard. Is this for children? jesus christ

Did you try turning on your monitor?

joking but Tim Rogers owns

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

bows1 posted:

Tim Rogers rules, I am extremely down with someone who wants to do a 3 hour long video review of the original Doom in 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bows1 posted:

Is this for children? jesus christ

thread title plz

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
his doom review video is legendary.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I don't know why anyone would play Everybodys Gone to the Rapture when they could just go outside for a walk (while listening to a podcast)

https://twitter.com/bighotsneeze/status/1317839153573232641?s=21

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
You have to do Nier:A for no reason after story A? Doesnt Count

You couldn't get laid in Leisure suit Larry? Doesnt Count

Your mom has huge anime titties? Doesn't count

You like a tiny baby brain who writes about video games for 4 hours a video cause he can't possibly talk to anyone not obscured by a screen? Doesn't count

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

When you get to Saejima's part and you realize it's another prison break, don't despair. Yes, it's a low point, but it improves very quickly and then you get to have mountain man times and it rules again.

as long as i dont have to repeatedly fight that fuckin terminator prison guard from 4 it cant possibly be as bad.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Fix posted:

Fair warning, even after you finish it people itt are still not going to let up on you until you finish it in the way they want you to.

Well, even Imhotep didnt even know what ending Z was so I've already completed it in more ways than some :colbert:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

bows1 posted:

edit 2 - you have a reason for liking this? DOESNT COUNT

That clip is hilarious. I have no idea what you are on about.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Imhotep posted:

No you’re there! Route C is the end, and when poo poo goes down.

Also there’s still tons of good music, do it for my girl Emi. https://youtu.be/woDwApwNUrI

Also holy shut I just found out she does a lot of the most memorable Dark Souls’ tracks vocals, just ‘oohs’ and ‘aaahs’ but still !
https://youtu.be/mvvFnR0kJFw

https://youtu.be/CBvdme-HvdE

She’s also the reason I didn’t break my controller in Shrine of Amana! https://youtu.be/DOwietDRIeE

I didnt see you edit this post (one of the main reasons I never edit my posts) and I didnt realise Emi did music for Dark Souls! I'm gonna have to confront her about this next time I see her!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

fridge corn posted:

I didnt see you edit this post (one of the main reasons I never edit my posts) and I didnt realise Emi did music for Dark Souls! I'm gonna have to confront her about this next time I see her!

You should also ask her about working on the theme song to the Republic of Gamers :)

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

veni veni veni posted:

That clip is hilarious. I have no idea what you are on about.
can you timestamp it? it seems like hes just ignoring things so he can prove some point hes brought up hours into a lovely video, I would love to see the hilarious part.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

No, they definitely are. Here, I'll list some MHW crossovers, you tell me which one stands out:

Street Fighter V
Horizon Zero Dawn
The United States Marine Corps
Devil May Cry
Universal Studios Japan
Assassin's Creed
The Witcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY6DGxUUJiw

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Rapture is a prettier environment than most people can get to without driving for a fair bit.

OTOH, most people can slow-walk faster than the player in Rapture runs, and ~90% of the cast are unsympathetic and listening to them is a chore.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Paracelsus posted:

OTOH, most people can slow-walk faster than the player in Rapture runs

lmao

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
In other news, Im up to Pontiff Suliyvann and the game is much easier if you block every now and again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bows1 posted:

In other news, Im up to Pontiff Suliyvann and the game is much easier if you block every now and again

Ahh yes, the coward’s way to play

My best friend finished DaS2 today and finally moved onto Bloodborne!!!!! He’s done the Cleric Beast and is enjoying it a lot, I am very pleased