Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What's everyone's worst game they've bought for the PS4?

... :tizzy:

the sixth entry in the mgs series

edit; a punished snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Most recent was Black Ops 3. One of the worst games I've ever played, it was aggressively not fun to play. And I'm the person who likes COD games.

Destiny

I tried it again when The Taken King came out and it was still not fun for me

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Most recent was Black Ops 3. One of the worst games I've ever played, it was aggressively not fun to play. And I'm the person who likes COD games.

Destiny. Hands down.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My friend BEGGED me to buy Destiny to play with him. It was ok for a while but really mindless and repetitive.

I stopped.

Then he begged me to buy Destiny 2.

And as the old saying goes...
Fool me twice... :negative:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Of games I actually bought individually, probably NBA 2K19. It was on a big sale, I had never played a 2K game despite being an NBA fan and was even interested to try the story mode. Story mode was bad, trying to go online with it was bad, trying to do the management type stuff was worse than any sports game from the mid 2000's, just a nothing game.

Games I bought for real money but did not care for are Diablo III, the Spyro collection and God of War.

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things
Finished Man of Medan with my wife this weekend for spooktober as we enjoyed Until Dawn but...man...it doesn’t know what it wants to do. It gives away the twist before the prologue even ends and we were waiting for a second one that never came. Still fun for the jump scares and making the characters do dumb things but overall it was mediocre.

I’d been planning to try their next game that comes out this month but maybe when it’s like $8.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cardamommy Issues posted:

Finished Man of Medan with my wife this weekend for spooktober as we enjoyed Until Dawn but...man...it doesn’t know what it wants to do. It gives away the twist before the prologue even ends and we were waiting for a second one that never came. Still fun for the jump scares and making the characters do dumb things but overall it was mediocre.

I’d been planning to try their next game that comes out this month but maybe when it’s like $8.

Is it better than Hidden Agenda? I can't imagine it being worse.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Mine is God of War III Remastered. I could have just played it in a PS3 I had access some weekends but I spent something like 12€ on it and was disappointed. I thinl I'm lucky that after all the games I've bought (even Killzone or The Order 1886) that's the one I like the least. If I had to do a list of lovely Xbox360 purchases I regret...

PlayStation the fourth is the best console I've owned by far.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Cardamommy Issues posted:

It's just a bunch of bad jump scares

They also talk about wanting you to play the game on Route B or whatever and it's really not at all much different.

I wouldn't say I've really bought any PS4 games that are 'bad'. I do enough reading to find out what is worth my time or not so that I'm not wasting money.

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things

Is it better than Hidden Agenda? I can't imagine it being worse.

I never played that one. Medan has a cool movie night mode where each person is assigned characters to make decisions for and you pass a single controller but my wife quickly designated me to do all QTEs for her which defeats the point unless everyone involved is used to difficult QTEs

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

“The voice of Eric Roberts”, aka we had enough money to pay Eric Roberts, who will take any part if the check clears.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I just finished the Zero Hour mission in Destiny 2 this evening and nobody will ever convince me it's a bad game because that ruled and the sense of accomplishment I feel now has only ever been matched by the Soulsbornekiro games.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Now do a raid :getin:

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Akuma posted:

I just finished the Zero Hour mission in Destiny 2 this evening and nobody will ever convince me it's a bad game because that ruled and the sense of accomplishment I feel now has only ever been matched by the Soulsbornekiro games.

The highs are very high and very infrequent, and the lows drag on forever. I had fun with Forsaken, but I regret having played the rest of it to get to that point.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

Now do a raid :getin:
I did all the raids in D1 but mostly lapsed in D2 after the first few months, I've done Leviathan but that's it. Doing all the non-raid content that's going away next month that I can be bothered to try and do!

... and get the moments of triumph t-shirt and prophecy hoodie...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Speaking of destiny,

https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1317944805075390464

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Akuma posted:

Congrats!

You also have the worm mission for the sniper, if you have not done it. Similar mission type.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Tei posted:

Congrats!

You also have the worm mission for the sniper, if you have not done it. Similar mission type.
I went in there by myself to get all the eyes of savathun and got to the first combat room at the end before running out of time. My friend that I did Zero Hour with wanted to take me through it but honestly I'm finding it hard to be motivated because I literally never use snipers.

This is after we went through getting Izunagi's Burden last week and I never use that either. That was a fun experience because we did the dungeon, then the strike to finish it off and didn't realise it would kick us to orbit if we wiped so we were so casual about it and died right at the end to the boss. "Returning to orbit? No...!"

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Akuma posted:

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

The highs are very high and very infrequent, and the lows drag on forever. I had fun with Forsaken, but I regret having played the rest of it to get to that point.

Peak Destiny is amazing. Last Wish, Shattered Throne, most of the Forsaken content really, Menagerie, Zero Hour, and Prophecy are all fantastic experiences. A lot the rest is at least decent but hampered by having done it eleventy billion times already. Overall, the game is more tied together by the movement and gunfeel being so satisfying when it gels than it is by the content.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I can honestly say that I've been asked a million times why I play games. And I normally just shrug and say "It's a hobby.", but that's a lie. Because when I'm in game, I'm at home. From the flames of cataclysm to the icymountains of Tamriel, anywhere I venture, is a place I love and know. My entire life people preach that I could be anything that I wanted to be. But when I told them I wanted to be the captain of a ship, a spaceship, THE spaceship that saves humanity. That I wanted to be Commander Shepard they told me I need to get a grip on reality. And to them a grip on a reality means the American dream, working nine to five crammed up in a tiny cubicle having two-point-five kids, a two story suburban house and a white picket fence. I divorce once, and I'd have debt into my early thirties because I took some bullshit university degree that's suppose to help me in the end.

This isn't reality, this is just a dull outlook on it. Now I understand it's human nature to achieve greatness, but I can do this as Commander Shepard, I don't need a degree. And if I want to go on an adventure I don't ever have to leave the comfort of my home. Yet, people spend an entire salary to travel and I can't help but laugh. I've single-handedly stopped a reign of ancient wyverns from destroying a nation, but before I could do that do I had to:

• Learn their language
• Become a master in Swordsmanship, Smithing, Archery, Defense, Magic, Speech, Hunting and Thieving!

Not to mention I had to take down an entire fleet of assassins along with a brigade of smugglers before I could even START my lessons in Dragon's Speak. I've always enjoyed an adventure, but I hated pawning my limbs to afford an eighteen-hour car ride. And aside from being told that I can enjoy a white-picket fence at the end of my career, all my years as a student was balance between Fractal Formulas and believing I never be able to love which is literal INSANITY.

I've saved Princess Peach. I wanted to be the guy, and I became the guy. I saved Bandage Girl. And I've been Link for generations just to save Princess Zelda. But yet, I'm the eternal virgin, I'm the guy that's never going to love. And sometimes this poo poo doesn't make sense to me, why people assume that I need to be out doing something and away from home to have fun when I have my own reality grasped between my hands. I have my own world at my fingertips, if I screw something up I can rewind time. I can't do that in real life, but when I'm in game I'm free to what I please, when I plEEEase, I'm free to enjoy things the way I want to. I can build my own Kingdom and lead my people to freedom because I'm the mind
behind the game. I'm the one who enjoys these games.

I am a gamer.

And I always will be.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Paracelsus posted:

Peak Destiny is amazing. Last Wish, Shattered Throne, most of the Forsaken content really, Menagerie, Zero Hour, and Prophecy are all fantastic experiences. A lot the rest is at least decent but hampered by having done it eleventy billion times already. Overall, the game is more tied together by the movement and gunfeel being so satisfying when it gels than it is by the content.
It's kind of hosed that half of the things you explicitly listed out there are disappearing next month. They better be replacing it with some loving good poo poo, because for the first year of D2 I just missed the breadth of content and meta systems of D1 by the end, and now they've built all of that up they're taking it away.

There better be some cool poo poo because on the face of it being back the first zone from D1 plus another frozen wasteland doesn't have me hugely excited.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I can honestly say that I've been asked a million times why I play games. And I normally just shrug and say "It's a hobby.", but that's a lie. Because when I'm in game, I'm at home. From the flames of cataclysm to the icymountains of Tamriel, anywhere I venture, is a place I love and know. My entire life people preach that I could be anything that I wanted to be. But when I told them I wanted to be the captain of a ship, a spaceship, THE spaceship that saves humanity. That I wanted to be Commander Shepard they told me I need to get a grip on reality. And to them a grip on a reality means the American dream, working nine to five crammed up in a tiny cubicle having two-point-five kids, a two story suburban house and a white picket fence. I divorce once, and I'd have debt into my early thirties because I took some bullshit university degree that's suppose to help me in the end.

This isn't reality, this is just a dull outlook on it. Now I understand it's human nature to achieve greatness, but I can do this as Commander Shepard, I don't need a degree. And if I want to go on an adventure I don't ever have to leave the comfort of my home. Yet, people spend an entire salary to travel and I can't help but laugh. I've single-handedly stopped a reign of ancient wyverns from destroying a nation, but before I could do that do I had to:

• Learn their language
• Become a master in Swordsmanship, Smithing, Archery, Defense, Magic, Speech, Hunting and Thieving!

Not to mention I had to take down an entire fleet of assassins along with a brigade of smugglers before I could even START my lessons in Dragon's Speak. I've always enjoyed an adventure, but I hated pawning my limbs to afford an eighteen-hour car ride. And aside from being told that I can enjoy a white-picket fence at the end of my career, all my years as a student was balance between Fractal Formulas and believing I never be able to love which is literal INSANITY.

I've saved Princess Peach. I wanted to be the guy, and I became the guy. I saved Bandage Girl. And I've been Link for generations just to save Princess Zelda. But yet, I'm the eternal virgin, I'm the guy that's never going to love. And sometimes this poo poo doesn't make sense to me, why people assume that I need to be out doing something and away from home to have fun when I have my own reality grasped between my hands. I have my own world at my fingertips, if I screw something up I can rewind time. I can't do that in real life, but when I'm in game I'm free to what I please, when I plEEEase, I'm free to enjoy things the way I want to. I can build my own Kingdom and lead my people to freedom because I'm the mind
behind the game. I'm the one who enjoys these games.

I am a gamer.

And I always will be.

Semper Games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Not because I can't fight one Taskmaster, but because I choose to fight many

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Akuma posted:

It's kind of hosed that half of the things you explicitly listed out there are disappearing next month. They better be replacing it with some loving good poo poo, because for the first year of D2 I just missed the breadth of content and meta systems of D1 by the end, and now they've built all of that up they're taking it away.

There better be some cool poo poo because on the face of it being back the first zone from D1 plus another frozen wasteland doesn't have me hugely excited.

I haven't played since before Forsaken, and I've been thinking of getting back into D2 with the next gen release in December so that's kind of disheartening. I've personally thought (after reading their explanation for the DCV) for a little while now that this vaulting deal must be some kind of long term roadmap idea to effectively remake 1 and 2 into a singular game after rejecting the idea of stopping to make a 3rd and breaking away from Activision. I hadn't really googled Beyond Light until now and I see that they're adding Cosmodrome (which I thought was cool) and Vault of Glass (one of my favorite raids) so I'm down to see what they're doing, but I do feel like the endgame of vaulting is a unified, live Destiny.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
They’ve confirmed that is what the vault is. Their 10 year plan to make 3 games for as bad, they are now pivoting to just making the game we already have better.

Shadowkeep was very bad and boring, but I’m hopeful this next Xpac will be good for a little bit.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It will be like this until next year because the content all got delayed

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

fridge corn posted:

I didnt see you edit this post (one of the main reasons I never edit my posts) and I didnt realise Emi did music for Dark Souls! I'm gonna have to confront her about this next time I see her!

Ha yeah, I’m particularly bad about It, but I posted then found out she’s sung on a bunch of DS songs, the ones she sung on in DS3 are incredible.

Lmao, i was listening to some nier/drakengard music and it would be hilarious if you played through drakengard 1 or 3, like if you think automata is bad... but emi Evans sings on this which is one of my favorite tracks in the series and this boss fight is absurd, like the camera angles are absurd, there’s some rings you have to hit after the screen fades to black lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph4f06Q5ItE

Edit: but actually DONT and play the best game, outer wilds.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 18, 2020

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

I haven't played since before Forsaken, and I've been thinking of getting back into D2 with the next gen release in December so that's kind of disheartening. I've personally thought (after reading their explanation for the DCV) for a little while now that this vaulting deal must be some kind of long term roadmap idea to effectively remake 1 and 2 into a singular game after rejecting the idea of stopping to make a 3rd and breaking away from Activision. I hadn't really googled Beyond Light until now and I see that they're adding Cosmodrome (which I thought was cool) and Vault of Glass (one of my favorite raids) so I'm down to see what they're doing, but I do feel like the endgame of vaulting is a unified, live Destiny.
The promise of the DCV is pretty good but the actual plans seem weird. Five locations are going away - including the Leviathan which has some of the best stuff - and they're being replaced with 1 old location and 1 new location. Okay, strange trade off, but then apparently Vault Of Glass is coming back which was on Venus, not the Cosmodrome, so how does that work? If you remember you could start VoG and then just wander off literally all over Venus. Whut.

If they end up cycling destinations on a seasonal basis that could be interesting maybe but then there's gonna be huge FOMO and that, frankly, sucks - as someone going through that right now. Especially since they make it really loving difficult to do endgame poo poo that's the most rewarding by not even having loving LFG tools in the actual game after 6 years.

I do enjoy playing the game a lot but they make some weird decisions. We'll see.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My friend asked if I wanted to summon with him on BB and it certainly didn’t take much convincing to get me to start a new game so I did it when I got home and I just defeated Gascoigne on my first try this time around, loving hell

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Worst games completed:
-Bioshock Infinite
-Far Cry 4 (earlier this year lmao)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

FlamingLiberal posted:

It will be like this until next year because the content all got delayed

They will just do the usual thing with these games and quietly cancel all upcoming content.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

My friend asked if I wanted to summon with him on BB and it certainly didn’t take much convincing to get me to start a new game so I did it when I got home and I just defeated Gascoigne on my first try this time around, loving hell

Try to beat it without putting all your points into health this time.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
no!!!!!!

I only used 6 vials this time anyway

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Is Gascogne a big pain point for people? Currently giving BB another go and I beat him in two or three tries. I did upgrade my starting weapon a few times though

That might be about as far as I’m going to get, though. Don’t mind the difficulty but I don’t find the game’s weird obtuseness that interesting or charming

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Akuma posted:

The promise of the DCV is pretty good but the actual plans seem weird. Five locations are going away - including the Leviathan which has some of the best stuff - and they're being replaced with 1 old location and 1 new location. Okay, strange trade off, but then apparently Vault Of Glass is coming back which was on Venus, not the Cosmodrome, so how does that work? If you remember you could start VoG and then just wander off literally all over Venus. Whut.

If they end up cycling destinations on a seasonal basis that could be interesting maybe but then there's gonna be huge FOMO and that, frankly, sucks - as someone going through that right now. Especially since they make it really loving difficult to do endgame poo poo that's the most rewarding by not even having loving LFG tools in the actual game after 6 years.

I do enjoy playing the game a lot but they make some weird decisions. We'll see.

Out of curiosity, if I really did want to go head first back into D2 in December what exactly do I need to buy? I have D2 base game and the first season pass. Is there an option to buy all the expansions? Do they work like FF14 where you just gotta buy the most recent one?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

poo poo I forgot about BioShock Infinite...

Uh I guess it's technically more competent than Left Alive and came with two okay games so still wasn't the worst but by god

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I’ve definitely bought some bad games for the PS4 but I don’t even remember them, so I can’t say I was too annoyed.

But then I remembered I paid full price for Jedi: Fallen Order

:edit: as mentioned above, I got Bioshock infinite for Christmas some years ago and actively despised it. Over in about five hours with absolutely nothing left to do and a horrible, terrible story with no redeeming gameplay mechanics apart from that hook thing.

Aipsh fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 19, 2020

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

morestuff posted:

Is Gascogne a big pain point for people? Currently giving BB another go and I beat him in two or three tries. I did upgrade my starting weapon a few times though

That might be about as far as I’m going to get, though. Don’t mind the difficulty but I don’t find the game’s weird obtuseness that interesting or charming

He was definitely the hardest early skill check in any of the From games I’ve played first time around and the original reason I bitched about their games for several years before learning to love them. I think he took our esteemed mod around 100 tries originally, and others have told similar horror stories.

And I mean it is weird and obtuse in some ways but it’s just basic environmental storytelling in most others and you don’t really have to interact with the wider lore if you don’t want to

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Most money I've wasted on a ps4 game was the deluxe edition of mass effect Andromeda. All the extra stuff was basically for multiplayer which I played less than 5 hours of...

Worst ps4 game I've bought is probably lords of the fallen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Escobarbarian posted:

He was definitely the hardest early skill check in any of the From games I’ve played first time around and the original reason I bitched about their games for several years before learning to love them. I think he took our esteemed mod around 100 tries originally, and others have told similar horror stories.

And I mean it is weird and obtuse in some ways but it’s just basic environmental storytelling in most others and you don’t really have to interact with the wider lore if you don’t want to

I spent a lot of time picking my way through the first zone and dying a lot, and still apparently missed every NPC and didn’t pick up on like two or three different basic mechanics. Would never have known if I didn’t look it up after clearing the zone, and that was just really discouraging, especially since the next section seemed to ramp up the difficulty even more.