Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Rinkles posted:

thanks for letting us know (for some reason)

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I like using the web store because I do a lot of buying wallet top ups cheaply to get my digital games for less than face value and it’s easier to put the codes in.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I think the new web store is ok though

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i miss when we could just go into physical game stores and moan about everything being over-priced or the constant upselling

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i still do and let me tell you, son, it owns

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

gonna start sideposting from my N-Gage

Sideposting? You're seeing another forum on the side? You two-timing son of a bitch.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Gort posted:

Do we know if Demon Souls remake is going to change mechanics or is it just prettier graphics? There's some legacy-rear end poo poo in there that needs to die.

Lance McDonald got to play some of the game and he says it’s nearly identical to the original https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1319826880413880321?s=21

He also posted this ‘spoiler heavy’ breakdown of the Sekiro GOTY edition which explains all the new content in the update (someone plz translate for me, my phone won’t do it) https://blog.ja.playstation.com/2020/10/24/20201024-sekiro/

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

thanks for letting us know (for some reason)

I just don’t get it. I used it to pre-order Miles Morales and Demon’s Souls and it was easy and normal and visually it all looks fine and I had no issues whatsoever. Then people are posting screencaps of completely normal-looking tiles like “LOL look at this ugly horrendous garbage” and it’s just bizarre.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

this is some Wordpress templates poo poo

Like what’s going on in this post? Am I really meant to think “wow this is horribly ugly”? It just looks like a regular part of a regular web store. What is there to get angry about?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I don't know about getting angry but yeah that looks like a stock template for any website builder

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Why are the boxes so big? Why don't they have background art? It looks so bad.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Escobarbarian posted:

I just don’t get it. I used it to pre-order Miles Morales and Demon’s Souls and it was easy and normal and visually it all looks fine and I had no issues whatsoever. Then people are posting screencaps of completely normal-looking tiles like “LOL look at this ugly horrendous garbage” and it’s just bizarre.

Cause I can't wishlist games, and then use that wishlist to check for discounts when there is a sale on :argh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Glad the PS+ quality game is going directly to PS+, where I will play it

As opposed to being a $110 aud launch title
(Where I won't play it)

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
It does look incredibly lazy, do they have a single graphic or website designer on payroll? Did they outsource it to some crappy startup who takes advantage of college grads?

Even that would have gotten you something with a little more polish because yeah it literally looks like somebody clicked on "start new website" and started copy pasting text in without bothering to even change the default black on those ugly space wasting tiles

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Like what’s going on in this post? Am I really meant to think “wow this is horribly ugly”? It just looks like a regular part of a regular web store. What is there to get angry about?

Featureless black boxes aren't popular in this thread.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I got Fallout 4 again. I would like to say that years ago, perhaps ITT, I made a post that said the graphics weren't much better than FO3. This was a very wrong post. FO4 looks a lot better. The animation on the robot butler you have is really really good. The water also looks very nice.
It's really weird having your character in a Bethesda game be voiced. I think he's the dude from Mad Men/Firewatch so it's very distracting.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

KingSlime posted:

It does look incredibly lazy, do they have a single graphic or website designer on payroll? Did they outsource it to some crappy startup who takes advantage of college grads?

If you think the store looks bad, wait until you see the console they're selling next month :chanpop:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The new web store is obviously some Sony California designer pitching the notion that the "PC/Mobile shopping experience should be unified with the PS5 shopping experience," so undoubtedly the web store is precisely what the new "built in" store on the PS5 is going to be and they thought it'd be a good idea for them to be the same.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Its inline with the stupid loving EA game packages for 2k21.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It looks better in mobile, less empty space and enormous empty squares. Desktop looks weird and it still does the PS store thing of not really being sure if you're logged in or not.
Also lol if you try to buy in the iOS app now, it won't let you use PayPal anymore :negative:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think the biggest problem is they took the store down and redesigned it, but like didn’t make it better.

So like why bother at all

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Imhotep posted:

Lance McDonald got to play some of the game and he says it’s nearly identical to the original https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1319826880413880321?s=21

He also posted this ‘spoiler heavy’ breakdown of the Sekiro GOTY edition which explains all the new content in the update (someone plz translate for me, my phone won’t do it) https://blog.ja.playstation.com/2020/10/24/20201024-sekiro/

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
I went back to the old webstore just search for a ps4 app on google and your back on it somehow.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Imhotep posted:

buyin that poo poo if it ever comes to the us

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Imhotep posted:

Sounds like new costumes, player messages like Dark Souls, selectable boss fights, and a sort of "boss rush" mode where you will fight a series of bosses with breaks in between.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Featureless black boxes aren't popular in this thread.
Ayyyy

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Escobarbarian posted:

It objectively has less functionality than the old store

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I got Fallout 4 again. I would like to say that years ago, perhaps ITT, I made a post that said the graphics weren't much better than FO3. This was a very wrong post. FO4 looks a lot better. The animation on the robot butler you have is really really good. The water also looks very nice.

goons say a lot of dumb things

be warned, the performance is pretty crap in certain areas. it ran much better in boost mode, before it got a patch with pro "improvements".

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So I'm playing Vampyr, which I think is an okay little AA game trying to do stuff it can't really do, but man it really wants to be Bloodborne. Everything about this game just screams "we played Bloodborne and..." then they went from there. Seriously this looks like a Hunter's Dream prototype right here.

https://twitter.com/Dr_Drecula/status/1320912157568098305?s=20

Also combat balance is kinda fucky when they give you a teleport dodge and a ton of flat stamina upgrades. I just killed a boss almost 10 levels higher than me by dashing away twice, dashing in once, attacking, then dashing away. The fight really wanted to be an epic Fromsoft Bloodborne fight too, in this spooky graveyard with an enemy trying to stab you with a loving cross. I'm still enjoying it, but man it's like I'm playing Great Value Bloodborne and now I hope PS5 can boost that game good.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Imhotep posted:

That’s actually a little disappointing. I hope they add the broken archstone back in at least. There are a lot of improvements From made to the formula and it would be a shame to not incorporate at least some of them.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
No way to please everyone

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

Policenaut posted:

So I'm playing Vampyr, which I think is an okay little AA game trying to do stuff it can't really do, but man it really wants to be Bloodborne. Everything about this game just screams "we played Bloodborne and..." then they went from there. Seriously this looks like a Hunter's Dream prototype right here.

https://twitter.com/Dr_Drecula/status/1320912157568098305?s=20

Also combat balance is kinda fucky when they give you a teleport dodge and a ton of flat stamina upgrades. I just killed a boss almost 10 levels higher than me by dashing away twice, dashing in once, attacking, then dashing away. The fight really wanted to be an epic Fromsoft Bloodborne fight too, in this spooky graveyard with an enemy trying to stab you with a loving cross. I'm still enjoying it, but man it's like I'm playing Great Value Bloodborne and now I hope PS5 can boost that game good.

Eh it didn't give me too much of a bloodborne vibe, just mostly the dark/morbid aesthetics. Also I liked just going totally evil and killing everyone to power up because I couldn't give a poo poo to do any sidequest nonsense.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Policenaut posted:

So I'm playing Vampyr, which I think is an okay little AA game trying to do stuff it can't really do, but man it really wants to be Bloodborne.

Ah yes, Bloodborne, a game known for its hours of dialogue trees and historical setting

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just finished the two Evil Within DLC episodes where you play as Kidman... they were really good and honestly fill in a lot of the things that I didn’t understand about the plot from the main game. Also it was generally easier than the main game but that’s not a bad thing necessarily since the main game was frustratingly hard sometimes

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Spyro 2 seems worse than the first one with all the little cutscenes and backtracking. Is the third one the same way or can you blitz through it like the first game?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Simone Magus posted:

Ah yes, Bloodborne, a game known for its hours of dialogue trees and historical setting

Yeah, which is why I qualified it the next sentence with something about them wanting to do more with that idea. It's got a ton of surface level stuff to compare to then goes in its own weird direction.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, which is why I qualified it the next sentence with something about them wanting to do more with that idea. It's got a ton of surface level stuff to compare to then goes in its own weird direction.

Bloodborne didn't invent that aesthetic either though so

I just feel like it really DOESN'T want to be Bloodborne, it wants to be basically a Vampire The Masquerade game

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Spyro 2 seems worse than the first one with all the little cutscenes and backtracking. Is the third one the same way or can you blitz through it like the first game?

it's been a long, long time but I seem to remember that Spyro 3 is basically just level-to-level

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Either Sony or NISA or both hosed up the CS4 launch and no one who preordered it can download it at all, all digital future going well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lol classic

I'm waiting on my physical copy but feel the pain of the digital sufferers