Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

PantsBandit posted:

Sounds like new costumes, player messages like Dark Souls, selectable boss fights, and a sort of "boss rush" mode where you will fight a series of bosses with breaks in between.

I got home from work and used chrome's translate tool and I thought the name of this mode was good:
"[Rematch / consecutive battles with rare strong men]"

Pulcinella posted:

That’s actually a little disappointing. I hope they add the broken archstone back in at least. There are a lot of improvements From made to the formula and it would be a shame to not incorporate at least some of them.

I don't think it'll be exactly the same, he elaborates and says the camera is changed and he said that he didn't want to spoil what 'fractured mode' was, which I was fairly certain was just a performance mode thing. Also there's that new weapon with the deluxe edition preorder, etc.. Shadow of the Colossus was similar in that it literally was the original game running at the same time as the remake, with the updated graphics over it, but there were a lot of new locations and little hidden things scattered throughout. I doubt they'll keep the rolling exactly the same, it would be really lovely if it didn't have omnidirectional rolling while locked on.

Woah I was browsing the store on PS4 and the Nier remake is up for preorder already so I grabbed it, it's loving beautiful:

drat this ost for the nier mobile gacha game makes me want to play it alone, the battle music thoo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUusxgVoYS4&t=106s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Imhotep posted:

I got home from work and used chrome's translate tool and I thought the name of this mode was good:
"[Rematch / consecutive battles with rare strong men]"

I don't think it'll be exactly the same, he elaborates and says the camera is changed and he said that he didn't want to spoil what 'fractured mode' was, which I was fairly certain was just a performance mode thing. Also there's that new weapon with the deluxe edition preorder, etc.. Shadow of the Colossus was similar in that it literally was the original game running at the same time as the remake, with the updated graphics over it, but there were a lot of new locations and little hidden things scattered throughout. I doubt they'll keep the rolling exactly the same, it would be really lovely if it didn't have omnidirectional rolling while locked on.

Woah I was browsing the store on PS4 and the Nier remake is up for preorder already so I grabbed it, it's loving beautiful:

drat this ost for the nier mobile gacha game makes me want to play it alone, the battle music thoo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUusxgVoYS4&t=106s

The one thing I wanna know about Nier remake is if the combat and quests are the same bad ones or if they redid it a bit.

People are gonna be very surprised at the step backwards otherwise

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The one thing I wanna know about Nier remake is if the combat and quests are the same bad ones or if they redid it a bit.

I'm just sad PapaNier isn't an option.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

the combat has been updated to feel quicker and more like Automata, but while still sort of retaining the originals feel, and Takahisa Taura, combat director of Automata and director of Astral Chain consulted on it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Some of the quests being bullshit for no real reward is all part of the Nier experience

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I got Fallout 4 again. I would like to say that years ago, perhaps ITT, I made a post that said the graphics weren't much better than FO3. This was a very wrong post. FO4 looks a lot better. The animation on the robot butler you have is really really good. The water also looks very nice.
It's really weird having your character in a Bethesda game be voiced. I think he's the dude from Mad Men/Firewatch so it's very distracting.

The area in Far Harbour is the best looking area in the game. It’s pretty good! The performance totally tanks though. I can’t remember what the other DLC was. I ragequit at nuka world and never played it again. too much loading, wasn’t having fun anymore and I wasn’t interested in anything.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Given that you spend the vast majority of Replicant replaying the last few boss fights over and over again, I wish more of them were bullet based. I love those 3-D bullet hell battles.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Imhotep posted:

the combat has been updated to feel quicker and more like Automata, but while still sort of retaining the originals feel, and Takahisa Taura, combat director of Automata and director of Astral Chain consulted on it.

I wonder if the Phoenix Spear will still be hilariously game-breaking.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Featureless black boxes aren't popular in this thread.

:eyepop: Holy moly

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I wonder if the Phoenix Spear will still be hilariously game-breaking.

I hope so.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Pulcinella posted:

That’s actually a little disappointing. I hope they add the broken archstone back in at least. There are a lot of improvements From made to the formula and it would be a shame to not incorporate at least some of them.

big demon souls remastered spoiler the archstone is still broken when you first enter the nexus, you can see this in the gameplay video from the other month during the very first few seconds of the game, its been analyzed. no word yet if theres any way to fix it or possible dlc, but keep in mind that side quest bluepoint put into SoC for the new sword that tooks ages to find plus they have added new weapons in as you can see from the deluxe edition pre-order page.

edit: oh and fractured mode is apparently a mirror mode, lance already spoiled that but then deleted the tweet/message and im getting this info 3rd hand so who knows

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Oct 27, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

keep in mind that side quest bluepoint put into SoC for the new sword that tooks ages to find

the WHAT

you trollin?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

the WHAT

you trollin?

uhh.. i think im actually confusing this https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/11/17001204/shadow-of-the-colossus-sword-of-dormin-how-to which is a sword you get for collecting 79 relics and this https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-02-the-quest-for-shadow-of-the-colossuss-last-big-secret which seems like your typical fan theory shenanigans for "secret sword that taken decades to find" which doesnt even make sense now i think about, considering the remake came out a few years ago.

i havent played the game but the internet keeps recommending me links like this so they get merged in my brain.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Oct 27, 2020

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

the man who designed the ps4 and ps5 has not played bloodborne :whitewater:

https://psnprofiles.com/Marcus

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

he hasnt even platted control. man what i wouldnt give to have audio recording of him playing control when he starts slinging things around and all the poo poo is happening on screen at once. :allears:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

lmao he platted hitman go and decided it would not work on the playstation 5.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
He *would* platinum Return of the Obra Dinn, The Witness, Inside and The Talos Principle. I know I've been going on about Outer Wilds too much, but based on that, I think Cerny might die if he played it, every technical and narrative aspect of the game is incredibly nerdy, plus it's a good game to show off the hardware, given that it was made by a small rear end indie team

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The idea of getting the plat in The Talos Principle and The Witness fills me with existential dread.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've been playing Doom 3 for the first time since 2004 and as a one-time staunch defender it's not very good.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

The idea of getting the plat in The Talos Principle and The Witness fills me with existential dread.
The only truly daunting part of getting The Witness platinum is sitting through that hour long lecture, but as a professor yourself I'm sure that would be easy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I actually want to murder whoever started the professor thing

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Imhotep posted:

That is enough to make me really hopeful! Automata definitely lost something when they moved out of the bullet hell hybrid but the combat in Gestalt was so clunky I didn't care. Actually everything in the game was clunky. It was definitely one of those "Look I know it looks like poo poo and the gameplay is poo poo and the quests suck but trust me just play it" games, which I'm glad the remake might fix

Sakurazuka posted:

Some of the quests being bullshit for no real reward is all part of the Nier experience

Automata did quests really well because they fleshed out the world, gave you depressing insight into characters, and were generally good standalone stories on their own. Nier 1 had a lot of good moments for that but also a whole lot of "why did I even do this" moments. I do remember doing a quest for someone and then going to turn it in and someone's like "he died while you were gathering the materials" which is Peak Nier

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Featureless black boxes aren't popular in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHWs3c3YNs4

vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4tr83RTDPI

Tei fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Oct 27, 2020

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ps4 thread posters when they use a PC

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

the man who designed the ps4 and ps5 has not played bloodborne :whitewater:

https://psnprofiles.com/Marcus

Cool-- I wonder if when you design a new console your only time of peace is just after the release of a new one- once things are stable you start designing the new generation

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

I've been playing Doom 3 for the first time since 2004 and as a one-time staunch defender it's not very good.

I've been playing through it the past week and am about 2/3rds of the way through. I was surprised how much I felt it was slightly better than I remember, but then I remembered I'd only ever played the leaked alpha version which as far as I can tell doesn't really reappear much in the final product. You can sort of tell what it was trying to do, but what it is just doesn't feel very Doom.

Just letting the player use their flashlight and gun and the same time was a fine change with the BFG Edition, and the additional ammo is fine by me even if the inclusion of both take away from the "survival horror" aspect of the gameplay. However the decision to keep the very limited stamina bar is baffling and weirdly implemented for console controllers. I just want it to let me run and gun because it feels good the brief moment it allows you to do that before needing to rest mid-gunfight for what feels like forever.

Great plasma gun though, and I think it has some really cool takes on the enemy designs.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you, a moron: Bloodborne can be completed in 12 hours

me, a pro gamer:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh did they add more ammo, I thought I remembered running out more when I played it originally.
Lol the enemy designs are one of my main gripes, they're all ugly brown lumps of poo poo with nothing interesting about them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh did they add more ammo, I thought I remembered running out more when I played it originally.
Lol the enemy designs are one of my main gripes, they're all ugly brown lumps of poo poo with nothing interesting about them.

I think the imps are really fun to fight, they have so many different moves and can come from anywhere.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Akuma posted:

The only truly daunting part of getting The Witness platinum is sitting through that hour long lecture, but as a professor yourself I'm sure that would be easy

You don't have to sit through that hour long lecture for The Witness platinum, in fact its one of the easiest platinum's to get.

I know because it's the only one I have :v:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Weird Sandwich posted:

You don't have to sit through that hour long lecture for The Witness platinum, in fact its one of the easiest platinum's to get.

I know because it's the only one I have :v:
Oh do you not? I guess since I deliberately set out to do literally everything in the game I've lost track of what was required for the platinum.

You at least have to do the challenge, right?

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Akuma posted:

Oh do you not? I guess since I deliberately set out to do literally everything in the game I've lost track of what was required for the platinum.

You at least have to do the challenge, right?

Yeah you still have to do that final timed challenge which is the biggest barrier to platinum.

Well that or the bullshit audio puzzles.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Lots of folk also replaying Doom 3 lately, I wonder if anyone else was inspired by the Watch out for Fireballs podcast (games-club podcast hosted by a couple of goons), they just did a Doom 3 episode and it was neat to go back and play the first few hours but yeah I don't know if I could sit through the whole thing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I wonder if anyone else was inspired by the Watch out for Fireballs podcast (games-club podcast hosted by a couple of goons), they just did a Doom 3 episode

Yes! Great podcast

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i played through doom 3 earlier this year for the deep doom lore prep for eternal (3 is doom 0 btw) and concluded that doom 3 bfg/current console ports suck poo poo, too much ammo and hosed with the lighting and it doesnt run at 20fps anymore. just straight handholding for console players. :colbert:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Doom 3 and the chronicles of riddick had cool in game methods for controlling interfaces imo.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

I actually want to murder whoever started the professor thing

It was Bust Rodd

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Doom 3 and the chronicles of riddick had cool in game methods for controlling interfaces imo.

The DOOM 3 one is mega awkward on console IMO. It was insanely cool on PC

I wish riddick was on backwards compat on Xbox :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn posted:

It was Bust Rodd

Ok I don't wanna mess with Bust Rodd and his Scottish grandpa / hot mother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Ok I don't wanna mess with Bust Rodd and his Scottish grandpa / hot mother

To be fair, Prof. Phallus, you started it when you posted “I lecture in marketing”, I merely drew attention to that detail, the thread did what it had to do

fridge corn posted:

It was Bust Rodd

Look at this fuckin’ cop