Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I will walk back my comments about bottlenecks, but considering I can only play abstract cockpit or diorama VR games without throwing up and having half-day headaches I am probably not going to try RE7 in any case lol

for me i think just the bulk is an issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
drat I forgot how brutal that first section of the Bloodborne DLC is. Truly testing the limits of my hunting skills

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Escobarbarian posted:

drat I forgot how brutal that first section of the Bloodborne DLC is. Truly testing the limits of my hunting skills

It’s tough and I slammed myself against it for hours trying to find that drat tunnel

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Escobarbarian posted:

I ran through it to get the pizza cutter and didn't kill a single thing. Might go back at level 70 or so. Not sure.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Good time streaming with hoooonters. Logarius fight and all three of us Making™ Contact™ were my highlights

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Good time streaming with hoooonters. Logarius fight and all three of us Making™ Contact™ were my highlights

The contact bit was so funny.

As tough/intense as the Nightmare was the only thing I died to was the cannon/axe combo. Did Ludwig and man I forgot how sad and crazy that guy is! Such a good fight though

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bad Parenting posted:

I really enjoyed watch dogs 2, but after the first hour or so of legion it seems worse. I enjoyed the characters and the tone of 2, but legion seems like it's trying to be more serious and dark, and because there isn't a main character you just have these guys/girls who looks like you've pressed randomise on a dark souls character creator a few times. And the British accents are terrible.

Hopefully it will get better, but I'm glad I didn't pay for it
I pre-ordered it a few months ago like a dumbass because I, too, really enjoyed Watch Dogs 2, but yeah, I've played a few hours of Legion and it's just boring so far. Nothing that I've done has felt memorable and none of the humor is landing at all.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah chiming in to say I’m finding Watch Dog 3 to be kind of boring and lifeless. Bummer.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I finally beat Spider-Man despite...having it since release and turns out it is an extremely good game! Who knew?

I did get the DLC while it was on sale, though I hear it is B team work, at best.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Unlucky7 posted:

So I finally beat Spider-Man despite...having it since release and turns out it is an extremely good game! Who knew?

I did get the DLC while it was on sale, though I hear it is B team work, at best.

It’s more Spider-Man and has some neat implications for some side characters, but yeah, isn’t as good as the main game. One of my favorite games of the PS4 gen though, and I’m totally gonna Plat it again on PS5.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I finally made it to Hell in Doom 3 and the game decided that it realised how fun it was to play the game with no stamina bar and let me sprint to my hearts content (as long as I held the left controller stick down). Then it decided to bring the stamina bar back immediately after Hell and significantly up the enemy count, but now that it really feels like a Doom I can't really complain too much.

I also get the impression this was the game that the Doom movie was based on, but I don't know if that would make the movie any better.

Redezga fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 30, 2020

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Neat, after signing up, turns out I had accumulated enough reward points for a free $10 on PSN. Would've been more, but apparently they periodically purge old points.

e:except the order couldn't be completed. i'll try again tomorrow.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Oct 30, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rinkles posted:

Neat, after signing up, turns out I had accumulated enough reward points for a free $10 on PSN. Would've been more, but apparently they periodically purge old points.

e:except the order couldn't be completed. i'll try again tomorrow.

I didn't even know sony had a rewards program so I just signed up and I guess I have enough points for $40 on PSN. Noice.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It was great and you guys rocked hard :D I took a picture of that contact pose of all of us :D

In the space of three days, these are the bosses that have been taken down:

(Spoilered in case anyone is playing through first time like myself)

Witch of Hemwick - did it third time, the moment Bloodborne clicked!

Blood Starved Beast - dispatched immediately, no deaths! (18 months ago I think I tried five or six times before stopping)

Vicar Amelia - dispatched immediately, again no deaths! (second attempt overall after trying once 18 months ago)

Shadow of Yarnham - first try! Dispatched with the same hunting passion that I found the day before :D

Rom the Vacuous Spider - two deaths, first due to suddenly being hit by some meteors I had no clue about and the second for getting too agressive and attacking too close! I was in hunt mode and miffed about the meteors!

The One Reborn - dispatched first time, however I had two wonderful and knowledgeable goons helping me so I do not wish to take credit. I only got a few swings in and they did the most damage. I was actually quite scared by the way it looked at trying to figure out what I should do.

Logarius - attempted solo and got him down to half health before dying, then summoned BP and we took him out the next time!

Amygdala - This as another in the case of One Reborn, my lovely goon friends knew what to do and were hitting the head and arms while I flailed around at the back hitting legs and doing nothing! They dispatched him so fast that apparently we did not even see his third phase!

Celestial Emissary - this was hilarious. I did not even realise it was a boss because they were oneshot (I think by Guillermus with an arcane build) and suddenly it was done!

Eribiatus - I think that is the name. The weird many tentacled huge monster. I died once after getting stuck on the terrain through not paying attention to where I and the wall was (mostly due to the squickyness of the monster and thus my panicking desire to vanquish). Then after that we took them down on the next try.

It has been a ride! All this is about 11 hours. Not at the end of the game, so the elusive 12 hours completion remains in the rear view mirror of history ;)

I have thought, because I feel I did not pull my weight with Amygdala and the One Reborn that I might at some point in the future play through and try to do without summons! A fully solo hunting adventure. I know what to expect and I know where my faults lie :)

This is an exhilerating game and I cannot keep from smiling about how I get the love for souls games now. I just never expected it and it is here within me :D

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
e: ^^^^ hell yeah

Apparently I signed up and linked my PSN account back in May 2019 yet I don’t have any points. Is it US only?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

RareAcumen posted:

Oh, I was under the assumption that they were talking about a hard drive instead of the console itself. A 2TB ps5 for 450 sounds pretty good to me.

Pretty sure that's the SSD only.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I’ve been reduced to doing a mundane build in DS2 now. Where is Elden Ring, Fromsoft? Where?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Escobarbarian posted:

e: ^^^^ hell yeah

Apparently I signed up and linked my PSN account back in May 2019 yet I don’t have any points. Is it US only?

Yeah, it's bullshit

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

After moaning about the cost of Sekiro it's now on sale. Hooray!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Akuma posted:

After moaning about the cost of Sekiro it's now on sale. Hooray!

oh GOD DAMMIT hahah

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Unlucky7 posted:

Yep, but by the second chapter the enemy difficulty increases so if you want more of a challenge it's good for that.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Bob The Sun posted:

I finally made it to Hell in Doom 3 and the game decided that it realised how fun it was to play the game with no stamina bar and let me sprint to my hearts content (as long as I held the left controller stick down). Then it decided to bring the stamina bar back immediately after Hell and significantly up the enemy count, but now that it really feels like a Doom I can't really complain too much.

I also get the impression this was the game that the Doom movie was based on, but I don't know if that would make the movie any better.

i lol'd at your spoiler tags, given the game but its cool to see.

yeah the rock movie was made around the time of original doom 3 release and they used all the designed for it. same with the other doom movie using scenes and poo poo from doom 4 without any context. (i think they only used the abit of the ending montage thing tbh)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

veni veni veni posted:

I didn't even know sony had a rewards program so I just signed up and I guess I have enough points for $40 on PSN. Noice.

i just signed up and i had an account but uhhh i got 0 points. :negative: confused tho, couldnt find an uk version but seems to be america only but im in? not sure if its an official sign up or not. do the points get added automatically when you link your psn or do you have to wait/click something?

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Oct 30, 2020

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

VideoGames posted:

It has been a ride! All this is about 11 hours. Not at the end of the game, so the elusive 12 hours completion remains in the rear view mirror of history ;)

whoa. my game is sitting at 40 hours by Rom. 11 hours is still impressive. then again i do like wandering around and soaking in the atmosphere/scene and pondering things.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Oct 30, 2020

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Rom was my big brick wall in Bloodborne. Made me stop for months!

Well not as big as Defiled Amygdala... that's put a permanent stop to things

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
There is another Amygdala? :o

Also please do not beat yourself up because I have been getting a ton of guidance both in and out of game. We are making this a party affair. Da Bloodborne Boyz.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Dont want to say too much in case I'm spoiling VG but this was trophy hunting not main game stuff

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I still haven't beaten bloodborne. I used up all my blood vials beating my head against Ludwig and I put it down and that was like three years ago lol

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Inner Genichiro in the new Sekiro stuff is weirdly hard. After beating both final bosses (regular, shura) on my first tries in NG+ and NG++ and then stopping at the platinum last year I felt like I'd cracked the difficulty in this game but Inner Genny is kicking my arse.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Akuma posted:

Inner Genichiro in the new Sekiro stuff is weirdly hard. After beating both final bosses (regular, shura) on my first tries in NG+ and NG++ and then stopping at the platinum last year I felt like I'd cracked the difficulty in this game but Inner Genny is kicking my arse.

Its because its the same fight but with a few new moves so it fucks up your muscle memory real bad.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Sony please stop trying to get me to buy something called "Remothered"

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Simone Magus posted:

Sony please stop trying to get me to buy something called "Remothered"

The heartwrenching tale of Remo the Red

It's bad, folks

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This looks cool

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1322163369164611585?s=21

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That looks great

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

WaltherFeng posted:

Its because its the same fight but with a few new moves so it fucks up your muscle memory real bad.
They're also really hard moves to deal with! Feels like he's way more likely to do super close range arrows to my face.

Edit: it's not just me, right? This has taken me more tries than the first time I fought the regular version. Wtf.

Does it take into account your NG+ level? Being in NG+++ probably isn't helping if it does

Akuma fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 30, 2020

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/9_volt_/status/1322191960959057920?s=21

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

lol that's so effective there is literally no need for other suits. The only other competition is if you could play as a ludicrously detailed Toby Mcguire in his black (non-spider) suit, prancing around and telling people he's going to put dirt in their eye.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Akuma posted:

They're also really hard moves to deal with! Feels like he's way more likely to do super close range arrows to my face.

Edit: it's not just me, right? This has taken me more tries than the first time I fought the regular version. Wtf.

Does it take into account your NG+ level? Being in NG+++ probably isn't helping if it does

Pretty sure it scales with your current cycle. I'm on at least NG+5 and I've done all the new fights.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

now make the entire game look like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Bad news if you enjoy anime - Imo - it increase the possibilities of lawyers attacking groups of people translating animes to english - so less titles in english - less titles overall

Sony is one of these corporations that can pay for a copyright bot troll farm to shutdown hundreds of websites just because a page title match a regex

Crunchyroll already had trouble with closing fans websites - this may push Crunchyroll from bad to evil