Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Ularg posted:

All our PS4s have their final day. :smith:

Well, they gave me a 90 day warranty on their repair, so I'll make it their problem while I scrimp and save for a pro :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

xarph posted:

Is there a known failure mode with the PS4 failing to turn on after a few days in rest mode? Press the button, light turns blue, PS4 clicks off. If I unplug it for a few minutes, it's fine for another few days.

It's a launch day model, long out of warranty, so I took it to my go-to Shop Full of Vietnamese Kids with Soldering Irons and they redid the thermal paste on it. Same problem. Should I ask them to replace the power supply, or cut my losses and buy a new one?

Came here to ask a similar question. My PS4 Pro was purchased in March and it's giving me the beep+blue light then immediately shutting down like yours.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

SamuraiPaul posted:

23.99 was the perfect price to try Hitman. I haven't even left Paris yet because there is so much to discover.

I am glad I bought this instead of that new Styx game. The one thing this is missing though is some good co-op. If I could coordinate intricate assassinations with a buddy where they distract a guard or cause a panic while I kill a target or we synchronize kills or other dumb bullshit that would be the best.

If Death Stranding is multiplayer the whole way through and plays 80% as well as MGSV did then I will happily pay full price. Especially if the story is buried in some tapes or whatever like mgsv, that was a plus for the game.

I can second that recommendation. Played it for 4 hours already and I've only done the first proper level so far. There are tons of possibilities for every target you are supposed to kill, so there is a bunch of replay value. I really enjoyed doing the level three times with different strategies.

For 20$ it's really worth it.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
:stonk:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Unknown Death Stranding 2002

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This thread is now the most scary thing in 2017.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Is there any way to track your hours in individual games? I was looking through the UI for this and couldn't find anything. 3DS and Wii U have a sortable time log so I just assumed the newer console with a bunch of "social" features would have it as well.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Minidust posted:

Is there any way to track your hours in individual games? I was looking through the UI for this and couldn't find anything. 3DS and Wii U have a sortable time log so I just assumed the newer console with a bunch of "social" features would have it as well.

Look elsewhere if you want basic, intuitive features.

We can't even organize our home screens the way we like.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Eezee posted:

I can second that recommendation. Played it for 4 hours already and I've only done the first proper level so far. There are tons of possibilities for every target you are supposed to kill, so there is a bunch of replay value. I really enjoyed doing the level three times with different strategies.

For 20$ it's really worth it.

I've been considering to buy it (only downloaded the free prologue so far) what's included in the "complete 1st season" pack ? Is it just the 6 main chapters or does it also have the DLC that came with the physical release ?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Minidust posted:

Unfortunately no. I would love to see how many hours I've dumped into NHL 17 too many for such a bad game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The best I have been able to do in terms of recording time played is hoping that the save screen has a time counter on it

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

It's really better not to know.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Liver Disaster posted:

It's really better not to know.

Yeah. It's like a tracker telling you how much time you've wasted masturbating in your life.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That newsletter should include things you could have accomplished in the time you have spent playing you Playstation™ brand console. "You have spend 8900 hours playing video games. In that time you could have mastered the violin, gotten into competitive kayaking, become a commercial pilot, and had 1500 hours left over for fuckin. Have a nice day"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

To think only 200 years ago you'd be putting 8,000 hours into hitting a hoop with a stick or whatever it was called instead of performing sick-nasty executions.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:lol: true.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Imagine all the time our ancestors wasted looking at the sky trying to find a group stars with pennis shape and failing to do so. We have luxuries now and I am happy about them and work my rear end to get them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My grandparents never got to experience Knack :negative:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Truly the greatest generation

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I never realized they put Duke Nukem 3D on PSN. If there's also Doom 1+2 and they come with trophies I am willing to triple dip because I'm dumb and had a good fun time playing Doom 1 on my 360.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You never know, maybe they're in hell!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

acksplode posted:

You never know, maybe they're in hell!

lmao

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I've been considering to buy it (only downloaded the free prologue so far) what's included in the "complete 1st season" pack ? Is it just the 6 main chapters or does it also have the DLC that came with the physical release ?

I bought it on steam since my PS+ ran out :sun:

According to the store page I don't think the Blood Money pack is included (same as in the steam version). That's just some skins though, all missions are in the pack.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
FLASH SALE

Didn't realize RE5 and 6 had already been ported.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I saw Divekick was $1. Is it the ultimate version or the older version?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Tei posted:

Imagine all the time our ancestors wasted looking at the sky trying to find a group stars with pennis shape and failing to do so. We have luxuries now and I am happy about them and work my rear end to get them.

Lol if you don't think the big and little "dippers" aren't just called that because that's what they told small children they were pointing at in the sky.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Rinkles posted:

FLASH SALE

Didn't realize RE5 and 6 had already been ported.

they go on sale pretty often but to be fair i think this is the lowest either game has been. re4 doesnt go on sale nearly as often and i should have bought it when it was ten bucks a few weeks ago.

i remember hearing those marvel ultimate alliance ports were really bad for some reason, does anyone have any concrete info on that? i kinda want to pick one of them up but those prices are not great especially if the ports are bad.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
5 is a good co-op game, right? What about 6?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm in the minority, but I really enjoy 5 as a coop game. My coop buddy and I were hyped for 6 and we dropped it after a few hours because it so continuously interrupts you with mini cutscenes ever time you walk 3 feet.

Other people seem to like it though.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

5 is good too. You punch a rock for a boss fight 6 is good too though^^^^

Rinkles posted:

5 is a good co-op game, right? What about 6?

6 is over the top insane. It IS good for coop. Just go in expecting beer and popcorn wacky action insanity over a resident evil game.

Its good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

6 is very divisive but i absolutely loved playing it co-op. not every chapter is good for this and i think the game is grossly misunderstood, but it also doesn't do itself any favors in trying to explain it at all. resident evil 6 is a very goofy brawler that has some slow and bad sections and some other sections where it seems very insistent that you should be playing it like a cover shooter

resident evil 5 is fine co-op but single player the dumb rear end ai will irritate you to no end and is for whatever reason vulnerable to instant kill attacks, which is not great.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Now I haven't played 6, but I do remember there being a pretty clear change of overall opinion in here going over time from "gently caress this poo poo this isn't RE!" to "oh hey this is actually a cool co-op action game that plays nothing like RE".

Veib fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 23, 2017

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

rabidsquid posted:

6 is very divisive but i absolutely loved playing it co-op. not every chapter is good for this and i think the game is grossly misunderstood, but it also doesn't do itself any favors in trying to explain it at all. resident evil 6 is a very goofy brawler that has some slow and bad sections and some other sections where it seems very insistent that you should be playing it like a cover shooter

resident evil 5 is fine co-op but single player the dumb rear end ai will irritate you to no end and is for whatever reason vulnerable to instant kill attacks, which is not great.

I remember watching my cousin play RE6 and there was a helicopter in a building shooting him but it wasn't clear if you needed to blow it up or shoot the people dropping from the higher levels and after dying several times it just kinda resolved itself and we still to this day have no clue how that section is supposed to play out.

Verisimilidude fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 23, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

6 is a great game co-op when it actually lets you play it but for some reason Capcom decided that was going to be never and hid all the good bits behind lovely gimmicks and on rails sections.
Still enjoyed it though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RE6 is amazing and one of the stupidest games I've ever played.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Verisimilidude posted:

I remember watching my cousin play RE6 and there was a helicopter in a building shooting him but it wasn't clear if you needed to blow it up or shoot the people dropping from the higher levels and after dying several times it just kinda resolved itself and we still to this day have no clue how that section is supposed to play out.

Not out of the question that you just had to survive for a certain length of time, wouldn't be the only RE encounter where that's the goal.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah 5 and 6 are both decent co op, 6 more so. You couldn't pay me to do them solo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

Lumpy posted:

Thank you guys for the info. Looks like they still just add a 'D' at the end at Costco as well, and I can save a whole $20 over Amazon!!!

If you're getting this year's model then the Sony X900E line is considered the superior tv on that pricepoint this year.