Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Friends, please remind me: which DS3 area out of Farron Keep and Cathedral of the Deep technically comes “first”?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I wish it were Friday!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Escobarbarian posted:

Friends, please remind me: which DS3 area out of Farron Keep and Cathedral of the Deep technically comes “first”?

Cathedral should be first since it's a "dead end" and you have to beat the Deacons to be able to get to Irithyll

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Cathedral should be first since it's a "dead end" and you have to beat the Deacons to be able to get to Irithyll

Thank you!!! Really glad cos I don’t feel like doing the other way right now haha

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My Cleric has been parked at the stairs before my last lord of cinder for like a month and I gotta beat it now so I can co-op with all the homies!!! I can heal you all while you do elite DPS

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

how's the story for nier: replicant? if i've never played nier: automata, and was thinking about playing it soon, should i just wait and play replicant first? i get they're unrelated, but maybe thematically they're close enough that it'd be better to experience them in this order? who knows, just curious.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Automata is a sequel and the story in the original is arguably better but there's not much in it. Playing in order is probably the 'best' way to experience it but their mostly divorced enough from each other that it doesn't really matter.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I haven't played Replicant yet but I know that some of the characters in Automata return from the first game

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

abelwingnut posted:

how's the story for nier: replicant? if i've never played nier: automata, and was thinking about playing it soon, should i just wait and play replicant first? i get they're unrelated, but maybe thematically they're close enough that it'd be better to experience them in this order? who knows, just curious.

The gameplay in Automata is way way better. Replicant is... fairly boring tbh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That said no one knows what... changes Taro has made to Replicant yet

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Halved the run speed :getin:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
just beat cyberpunk finally. level 37 or something, finally had enough of loving around and blasted out the final mission after i did the last bunch of side quests i had. at least the bigger ones, like kerry. probably missed a whole bunch.

not sure whats going on with the ending either? i went with rogue and then judy leaves me and now im in space, what? and then goro tells me to go gently caress myself during the credits, despite saving his life? rear end in a top hat. deleted the game after i saw the credits. i dunno. what a weird game, i kinda like it but it still feels like i hacked the cdpr servers and downloaded the early alpha. ah well, maybe when they release the game on the ps5 with all the expansions and poo poo and raytracing so those weird dotted reflections gently caress off, i'll give it another go.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's worth doing the other endings, they're massively different.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Do the other endings require a whole separate playthrough, or is there a fairly obvious point in the game to make a backup save at?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wow that’s a bad ending to pick haha

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BisterdDave posted:

Do the other endings require a whole separate playthrough, or is there a fairly obvious point in the game to make a backup save at?

There’s a very obvious point of no return

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The response by the character in the spoiler seems reasonable considering the results of the ending choice you made lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

The game makes a save for you and tells you you're about to enter the endings but you still have HOURS left depending on which one you go for.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's worth doing the other endings, they're massively different.

i just looked them up on youtube and i doubt it. suicide at misty's special spot loving her life up even more and then also giving judy two suicide ex's nah. secret ending seemed better in the grand scheme of things, wish i had done that one now. gently caress panam and the whole dust family bullshit and lmao @ picking arasaka, you deserve everything you get with that one. i could see doing the johnny takes over one but it would have to depend on how i played the character up to that point and this time i played johnny as changing and it seemed like he was actually acting in good faith as a friend and sacrificing himself just so v could live a little longer. in space i guess. gonna assume the mr.blue eyes stuff is gonna lead into dlc/expansion. was pretty sure he was the dude watching my meeting with mayor dude during that whole thing that went nowhere (or i missed the follow up or its dlc/expansion)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the Johnny one is really fun

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

lmaaaao i just looked even more and arasaka IS CONSIDERED THE GOOD ENDING lmao unfuckingreal

better to die on your feet than to live on your knees, peace out cyberpunk.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

there's no good or bad ending, just endings!

e: the "good" ending is DEFINITELY the leaving with panam one

the Arasaka one ends with you dying alone and miserable so I dunno how anyone could consider that good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah this is the only one where you are able to stay with your love interest so that's kind of the tipping point

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

there's no good or bad ending, just endings!

the Arasaka one ends with you dying alone and miserable so I dunno how anyone could consider that good

theres tons of dumbass youtube vids claiming thats the good ending panam is the best (i've met her, best is not the word i'd use) and rogue is bad and johnny is worse lol apparently suicide doesnt count? what?

also just looked up the phone call reactions during the credits to the suicide ending and holy poo poo judy's call.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The only way you could consider the Arasaka ending good is if you are RPing as the ultimate corpo-rat.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah this is the only one where you are able to stay with your love interest so that's kind of the tipping point

problem with that tho, is listening to any drat thing those loving idiots have to say.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the Panam voice actor is so funny, her line reads are so bizarre

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

The only way you could consider the Arasaka ending good is if you are RPing as the ultimate corpo-rat.

marvel's hosed everyones brains these days.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I really liked how each ending path had its own different options. The one where you jump out of your spaceship to attack the space station looked like something from Mass effect lol

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I know I said I was gonna take a break from sekiro but I guess I lied cuz I beat the divine dragon. No video cuz again it was just a bunch of faffing about but cool as hell sequence for sure. Getting close to the end...???

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You're basically at the end, I don't think there are any required steps between you and the end boss now

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Was I just imagining when someone said 13 Sentinels had a difficulty setting for the battles? I'm still doing the tutorial(s) so the combat hasn't been too difficult yet (in fact, I'm enjoying it), but I seem to remember someone claiming there is an "easy" mode. Does this unlock after I complete the tutorials, or am I mis-remembering?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Read After Burning posted:

Was I just imagining when someone said 13 Sentinels had a difficulty setting for the battles? I'm still doing the tutorial(s) so the combat hasn't been too difficult yet (in fact, I'm enjoying it), but I seem to remember someone claiming there is an "easy" mode. Does this unlock after I complete the tutorials, or am I mis-remembering?

Once you complete the tutorial, there will be an option on the wave selection menu to select difficulties. It will be in the top right of the screen.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

BisterdDave posted:

Once you complete the tutorial, there will be an option on the wave selection menu to select difficulties. It will be in the top right of the screen.

Awesome, thanks! I've never been good at RTS games so I was worried about 13 Sentinels, but I'm surprisingly enjoying the combat so far.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Read After Burning posted:

Awesome, thanks! I've never been good at RTS games so I was worried about 13 Sentinels, but I'm surprisingly enjoying the combat so far.

I'm not very good at RTS games either, and mostly felt like the casual setting wasn't very challenging at all, even at the later levels. Definitely could've gotten away with playing on normal if I wanted to.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

2 is very very good. I played that before one and it was very hard going back to that when it finally came to PS3. I hope this remaster makes it more like the others.
You are going to be sorely disappointed IMO - they're adding a lick of paint, improving load times, fixing the Mako, and making the UI have some QoL improvements but those things aren't going to make it feel any more like 2. It's still going to be a very, very old-feeling third person shooter RPG.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I replayed Dragon Age and Mass Effect 1 recently and while they are both rough around the edges they're more than made up for by the amazing and respectively best-in-series world building and story. You just kind of need to be willing to accept their somewhat janky and abstracted 90s CRPG influence.

btw I am rediscovering this album and I feel like all vidja players should like it unless they are totally opposed to 10 years ago glitchy electro sound. I don't think there is a better song in existence for a good round of Smash Bros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVYuXfM6yfg

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Oof made a few attempts at hirata owl and this is a tough fight. Can I leave this fight till just before the final boss?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

BisterdDave posted:

I would love to be a fly on the wall in Jim Ryan's office and just understand exactly what their business strategy is currently. Like, cameras and microphones turned off and put away, and doors are closed. What do they really want to do moving forward? Who are they truly listening to, and who do they care about?

they are listening to any dude who walks in the door that can maybe get them an inside line to a PS5 exclusive monhun from capcom

the PS5 is functionally as good as dead in japan until it has a monhun game on it

fridge corn posted:

I know I said I was gonna take a break from sekiro but I guess I lied cuz I beat the divine dragon. No video cuz again it was just a bunch of faffing about but cool as hell sequence for sure. Getting close to the end...???

Glad you enjoyed that one. Such a spectacular scene, just gorgeous

End boss is available soon, and two difficult side bosses, one in a memory and one near Ashina Outskirts. Since you've carved the poo poo out of everything else neither should be missed imo

Escobarbarian posted:

anyone feel like co-oping the DS3 DLCs with me in the next day or two?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Oof made a few attempts at hirata owl and this is a tough fight. Can I leave this fight till just before the final boss?

You can leave it till after the final boss if you really want to as long as you don't subsequently trigger the ending, But yes it will feel more thematically appropriate to do it before the final boss. As long as you had unlocked it before the dragon you can't miss out on it.