Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

fridge corn posted:

Remembering the days of buying every single game that had squaresoft printed on the box for no other reason than that...

I do that for Naughty Dog now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think FROM are the only devs I would buy a game from sight-unseen.
Maybe KojiPro also

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
My pro has had the ce-35888-2 error since 8.03 came out. The system has never been cracked open, or had any parts swapped. I can't find any good solution to this and Sony basically wants me to pay for a brand new system if I send it to them.

Now with 8.5 I can't even sign in to the network anymore. It's also preventing me from installing some games and most apps, is there any fix out there for this? Kinda feels like my system bricked for no reason.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kingtheninja posted:

My pro has had the ce-35888-2 error since 8.03 came out. The system has never been cracked open, or had any parts swapped. I can't find any good solution to this and Sony basically wants me to pay for a brand new system if I send it to them.

Now with 8.5 I can't even sign in to the network anymore. It's also preventing me from installing some games and most apps, is there any fix out there for this? Kinda feels like my system bricked for no reason.

Can you back everything up and try a full format?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

Can you boot into recovery and reinstall the OS from USB?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Back in February I think I tried that. It was one of the safe mode options that completely wiped everything off the system and took a few hours to complete. Otherwise how do I go about doing whet you guys are talking about?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

Back in February I think I tried that. It was one of the safe mode options that completely wiped everything off the system and took a few hours to complete. Otherwise how do I go about doing whet you guys are talking about?

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/support/hardware/reinstall-playstation-system-software-safe-mode/

quote:

Using a PC or Mac, create a folder named "PS4" on a USB drive formatted as FAT32. Inside that folder, create another folder named "UPDATE".

Visit the PS4 system software update page and select the "Reinstall system software" section. Download the installation file and save it in the "UPDATE" folder. Save the file as "PS4UPDATE.PUP".

Plug the USB drive containing the installation file into the PS4 console.

Start the PS4 console in Safe Mode: press and hold the power button, releasing after the second beep.

Select Safe Mode option 7: Initialise PS4 (Reinstall System Software).

Select Update from USB Storage Device > OK.

If your PS4 console does not recognise the update file, check that the folder names and file name are correct. Enter the folder names and file name using uppercase letters.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Midir sucks but the trick is you have to stay directly in front of his face, just a little bit out of his swiping claw range, run in and get a hit or two right after he swings and misses, and never get greedy and always be repositioning (and run hard to the left if he takes flight at any point). It’s just a really boring fight at that point, though, and it takes forever, even on NG.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah, that's what I did a few months ago for 8.03 and was still having the problem. Now with 8.5 it prompts an update install any time I want to do something and it won't let me sign in anymore. I'll try it again with the latest update file but not expecting a lot.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
IN THE RE SHOWCASE CERNY WAS IN IT AND HE HAD A KOJIPRO LUDENS STATUE ON HIS SHELF, KOJIMA CAME HOME again BABY

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

boop the snoot posted:

I do that for Naughty Dog now.

Why

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

because the games are amazing, champ

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Huge Way of the Warrior fan.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Loved TLOU2, like come on everyone watched the previews and they described it as a "Tale of Vengeance" and all the gameplay was from Ellie's perspective you knew something bad happened.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

infraboy posted:

Loved TLOU2, like come on everyone watched the previews and they described it as a "Tale of Vengeance" and all the gameplay was from Ellie's perspective you knew something bad happened.

oh I thought it was just Joel had a bad driver install

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

because the games are amazing, champ

They’re alright.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They’re alright.

come at me bro, I always keep a spare molotov in my back pocket

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 16, 2021

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Look, Square put out a lot of weird games in the late 90s. It means something different when you say you buy everything a company puts out when they only make two franchises and they're both mostly the same game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Randallteal posted:

Look, Square put out a lot of weird games in the late 90s. It means something different when you say you buy everything a company puts out when they only make two franchises and they're both mostly the same game.

no, I mean I bought all Naughty Dog games for the past 25 years, across all franchises, including Jak Combat Racing

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

no, I mean I bought all Naughty Dog games for the past 25 years, across all franchises, including Jak Combat Racing

a true ND aficianado would know it's Jak X: Combat Racing

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Randallteal posted:

idk there was parasite eve which was basically square's take on a resident evil style (of the time) game and it was pretty good

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

morallyobjected posted:

a true ND aficianado would know it's Jak X: Combat Racing

i intentionally left out the x, just like i intentionally left the period off my sentence

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Keef the Thief

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Randallteal posted:

they only make two franchises and they're both mostly the same game.

But this isn't the ubisoft thread

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

1redflag posted:

Midir sucks but the trick is you have to stay directly in front of his face, just a little bit out of his swiping claw range, run in and get a hit or two right after he swings and misses, and never get greedy and always be repositioning (and run hard to the left if he takes flight at any point). It’s just a really boring fight at that point, though, and it takes forever, even on NG.

Is a poo poo fight that I'll always try to cheese with a simple spell that will ignore NG cycles because it deals %hp. One respect to get 30INT and another to come back to the original build.

I'll say again that The Ringed city is filled with unfun enemies and basically made difficult for the memes. The other boss fights are cool and plenty of good items tho.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I've been playing Dark Souls 2 for about a week now and I will finish it, but I don't think I can ever respect it.

It looks good and looks like a Dark Souls, but it feels like I'm playing the product of some kind of Dark Souls Mario Maker where some kid just decided to put 100 saws and a dozen Bowsers in a room and called it a level without really thinking about what made the core level design or mechanics interesting and fun in the first place. I honestly question if the people directing the development even played the first game much (if at all).

Making mistakes doesn't even matter because enemies just disappear after a while so I get to another boss feeling like I achieved nothing outside of enduring the game. I know its development was pretty troubled but it's a sad game to play.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Guillermus posted:

I'll say again that The Ringed city is filled with unfun enemies and basically made difficult for the memes. The other boss fights are cool and plenty of good items tho.

I dunno, I really like the locusts, the spinners, the spectral archer stuff, the skellies that turn into huge darkbeasts, and especially the ringed knights.

I'm indifferent on the angels and the curse ninja dudes, and I agree that the headless scimitar dudes are prolly too tough, but at least you can dropstab them.

All in all I simply love what the DLCs were going for, both from a challenge perspective and aesthetically. AoA and TRC are pretty much the best parts in all of DS3.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Apr 16, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Look at these resident evil village specs:

quote:

PlayStation 5 - 4K HDR/60 FPS
PlayStation 5 (With Ray Tracing) - 4K HDR/45 FPS
Xbox Series X - 4K HDR/60 FPS
Xbox Series X (With Ray Tracing) - 4K HDR/45 FPS
Xbox Series S - 1440p HDR/45 FPS
Xbox Series S (With Ray Tracing) - 1440p HDR/30 FPS
PlayStation 4 Pro - 1080p/60 FPS
PlayStation 4 Pro (In High Resolution) - 4K HDR/30 FPS
PlayStation 4 - 900p/45 FPS
Xbox One X - 1080p/60 FPS
Xbox One X (In High Resolution) - 4K HDR/30 FPS
Xbox One - 900p/30 FPS
Stadia - 1080p/60 FPS or 4K 60 FPS (4K is upscaled using dynamic resolution)

45fps
:dafuq:

Also the PS4 pro doing higher framerate than the series s :mrwhite:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I dunno, I really like the locusts, the spinners, the spectral archer stuff, the skellies that turn into huge darkbeasts, and especially the ringed knights.

I'm indifferent on the angels and the curse ninja dudes, and I agree that the headless scimitar dudes are prolly too tough, but at least you can dropstab them.

All in all I simply love what the DLCs were going for, both from a challenge perspective and aesthetically. AoA and TRC are pretty much the best parts in all of DS3.

I ended liking more Ashes of Ariandel because once you know it, you can just run past most stuff. It's been almost three years since my last playthrough (on PC) and I think I appreciate more now Bloodborne's DLC and Dark Souls 2 DLC compared to DS3's DLC overall. And yes the headless scimitar, curse moks, and the shell dudes with the ground spell they cast without line of sight can go to hell. There are some good parts and aesthetically is amazing and of course, getting into the DLC early to get some great weapons is good too.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Look at these resident evil village specs:

45fps
:dafuq:

Also the PS4 pro doing higher framerate than the series s :mrwhite:

What it'll probably mean is an average 45fps and a relatively-constant 30FPS.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Why would you ever want an average 45fps on consoles that don’t support VRR, it’s gonna look and feel like dawgpoop
Like just lock it to 30 or lower the res more.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

New resident evil 8 demo out tomorrow as well :sickos:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Once I finish DS3 I will have so much to write about these three games.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Spoiler alert: Veeg wants to marry DS3

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Once I finish DS3 I will have so much to write about these three games.

I'll watch you closely today. If you see someone with a comically large hammer... like a loving man-sized anvil on a stick (bonk!) or Yhorm's Machete it's me, summon for big smash :haw:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

I cannot state this in a world where I have completed bloodborne and not yet played Sekiro ;)

Also will be watching for you Guillermus!! Haha

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I tried sitting down and playing yakuza lad yesterday after work but I just couldn't. It wasn't sekiro. In the end I just had to take a break from gaming at all yesterday

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

oi its the fackin yakuza lad

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

oi its the fackin yakuza lad

I love calling it yakuza lad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

maybe veeg should've thought about that before sealing the deal and 'penetrating' anri of astora :colbert: