Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Wrong thread!

Akuma fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Apr 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How is "Relayer"?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

How is "Relayer"?

Budget, especially in the english voice acting (you can switch to JP), but it's cool. There's a decently lengthy demo.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
very weird thing happened to me earlier today

I was watching a youtube video on my PS4 and suddenly it stopped and I was taken to the sign in page. It said that another account had signed in. My PS4 was signed in to a different account, one that had never been on my account before and of a person I don't know. I live in Vietnam, the email address was a Vietnamese name and the profile picture was an Asian girl so presumably Vietnamese too. I was signed in to this account. I logged out and signed back in to my account.

can anyone explain how this could happen? I've tried googling some stuff but I don't really know what to search for. I can't understand how it could happen but it did. At first I was worried it was some kind of hack or phish or something but I don't think it was because it wasn't my account :confused:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Paperhouse posted:

I was watching a youtube video on my PS4 and suddenly it stopped and I was taken to the sign in page. It said that another account had signed in. My PS4 was signed in to a different account, one that had never been on my account before and of a person I don't know. I live in Vietnam, the email address was a Vietnamese name and the profile picture was an Asian girl so presumably Vietnamese too. I was signed in to this account. I logged out and signed back in to my account.

can anyone explain how this could happen? I've tried googling some stuff but I don't really know what to search for. I can't understand how it could happen but it did. At first I was worried it was some kind of hack or phish or something but I don't think it was because it wasn't my account :confused:

I'm guessing you don't have 2 factor authentication set up yet.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I thought 2FA was mandatory now. I know I didn't bother with it until Sony made me do it. Maybe that's just for PS5

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
If it was just for YouTube, my PS5 got really confused when my mom was using it on the same network pretty recently and it signed her in.

Check to see if anybody you don’t know is using your internet, or just say screw it and change your SSID/password if you want to be sure.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Paperhouse posted:

Was your console purchased used? It's possible the previous owner did a remote play session but that PS4 was still registered as their primary PS4 or something similar.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I did get it used but it was a couple of years ago, and I also share WiFi with the apartment building. Probably nothing to worry about, just weird

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
There's a ton of posts about it on Reddit from 2020, all about the Youtube app specifically. Here for example: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/glb30k/ps4_youtube_app_logged_me_into_someone_elses/

Sounds like whatever the issue was it hasn't been completely fixed.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Is Mafia Definitive Edition any good for like $18? I've never played the original game, if that changes anything

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

It's a bit dull I found. And I love games from when the original came out, like Max Payne and GTA3. I found Mafia 2 okay at the time. Mafia remake to me just had boring combat and driving, nothing to them missions, not so great story and dialogue, etc. And I dig Mafia movies of course. But everyone digs different stuff.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

This PlayStation 4 is getting loud and ornery. I'm not replacing it, so I'll need to crack it open and get some of the cat hair out of it. I'm grabbing some canned air when I go out, should I also look out for a special tool or anything specific to opening/cleaning a PS4? I'm not even totally sure I'm going to open it, I'm going to make good use of the little flexible tube that comes with the air can

e lol people still want $3-400 for a (new) PS4 depending on what website/physical store you accidentally mosey on in to, what the heck

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Inspector Hound posted:

This PlayStation 4 is getting loud and ornery. I'm not replacing it, so I'll need to crack it open and get some of the cat hair out of it. I'm grabbing some canned air when I go out, should I also look out for a special tool or anything specific to opening/cleaning a PS4? I'm not even totally sure I'm going to open it, I'm going to make good use of the little flexible tube that comes with the air can

e lol people still want $3-400 for a (new) PS4 depending on what website/physical store you accidentally mosey on in to, what the heck

This might be a strange suggestion but using your ps4 with the top cover off for a bit. Apparently it makes the console gather much less heat and the fan won't go into overdrive.

Obviously this is just a quick fix and not necessarily the best solution.

(We tested this on my friend's PS4 that had overheating problems)

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

The Bugsnax DLC is so cute. :3:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Don't be afraid to open up a PS4 it's super easy and will give you decent access to the fan

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Don't be afraid to open up a PS4 it's super easy and will give you decent access to the fan

I think I'm going to pop the top off and at least blow it clean. I don't need to unplug or switch out anything.

WaltherFeng posted:

This might be a strange suggestion but using your ps4 with the top cover off for a bit. Apparently it makes the console gather much less heat and the fan won't go into overdrive.

Obviously this is just a quick fix and not necessarily the best solution.

(We tested this on my friend's PS4 that had overheating problems)

I used to do this with my old (old) computer, the processor or something kept over heating so I just took the side off and put a box fan next to it. It didn't die!

vv I mean, I believe you, go back and tell me when I was in high school vv

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 29, 2022

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If you know anything about computers, it could be the thermal paste needs to be replaced. It's a pretty simple procedure

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Inspector Hound posted:

For some reason I read that as 'The Playstation thread'

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's usually the PS5 thread

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

does anyone know why I can't sign into the psn website on firefox for the last month or so? it works fine on chrome. it keeps saying "an error has occurred." this is either directly from https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ or from the log-in link to use the bungie LFG site

i'm not sure if it's better to ask here or in the firefox thread

thanks!

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

actionjackson posted:

does anyone know why I can't sign into the psn website on firefox for the last month or so? it works fine on chrome. it keeps saying "an error has occurred." this is either directly from https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ or from the log-in link to use the bungie LFG site

i'm not sure if it's better to ask here or in the firefox thread

thanks!

Unless its something specific to the US site, probably best asking in the firefox thread in case its some combination of plug ins or something. I'm on firefox and can log in the the GB site no problem, and I doubt they are doing anything substantially different for log ins in different regions.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

So did they just give up putting cool, memorable main theme songs with singing in them after FFVIII, IX and X? All 3 had a love story as a major story beat, so if they moved away from that then maybe the once-in-OST lyrical songs had to go too

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

beep by grandpa posted:

So did they just give up putting cool, memorable main theme songs with singing in them after FFVIII, IX and X? All 3 had a love story as a major story beat, so if they moved away from that then maybe the once-in-OST lyrical songs had to go too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv2DSmy3Tro

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bNFOvztOA0

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ugtWT_iNqw

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuE1vlACANA

Edit: I guess that wasn't a "main theme" but this one was lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUy04FWIMkE

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 5, 2022

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

beep by grandpa posted:

Every XIV expansion has a theme song with lyrics

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Edit: I guess that wasn't a "main theme" but this one was lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEUOOgNzOv4

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

In my dearest memories...I see u reaching out to me... 🥰

This song is such a jam.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

big MEH on that chocobo song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbYnoqS50ys

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Welp, it finally happened to me: I accidentally bought the PS5 version of a game instead of the PS4 version. :doh:

Any experience with this? I assume I just hit up the refund folks and explain what happened, but I was curious if they're hard-asses about this kind of thing? I don't even need a refund, I just want my license swapped to the PS4 version.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Read After Burning posted:

Welp, it finally happened to me: I accidentally bought the PS5 version of a game instead of the PS4 version. :doh:

Any experience with this? I assume I just hit up the refund folks and explain what happened, but I was curious if they're hard-asses about this kind of thing? I don't even need a refund, I just want my license swapped to the PS4 version.
You should be able to get a refund without any issues, since you can't even play it on your existing system. Just tell them you bought the wrong version. If you're in a country that actually has consumer protections (aka anywhere outside the US) then it may be the law that they have to refund/exchange you no matter what.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I've gotten a refund once for accidentally buying a PS4 game, though it came with a just-this-once warning. You should give it a shot.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Thanks, both. I'm not too worried about the "just this once" thing, as it'll be my first PSN refund.

...In fact, now that I think about it...this may be my first time asking for a refund for anything, ever. :stare: Maybe it's just :patriot: brokebrain, but I find myself either really researching what I'm buying beforehand, or I just shrug and write it off as a dumbass move on my part. In this case, it was the latter, but $18 is enough for me to reach out to customer service.

I want the game! :ohdear: I just want it on a system I can play it on, it's gonna be another year or two before I get a PS5.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I wouldn't worry about it. I bought the Division once and regretted it before even downloading it. Got a refund, telling them I actually meant to buy a different game. No problems.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
hows them ps1 games, playstation 4ers?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

To update on this: I received my refund and bought the PS4 version, but it looks like I still have access to the PS5 version?

Time to start my career as a digital games thief. :getin:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I picked up Fear Effect Sedna discounted on the PS Store for £1.59 - which is about all it's worth, as it's not very good. But it made me realise I would rather have seen a story about Hana and Rain when they're not being murderous international cyberpunk mercenaries who occasionally get possessed by demons. Just follow this clearly loving young couple around future Hong Kong for a day as they go grocery shopping, buy lunch, chill out with a bottle of wine and holographic Netflix, etc. Then at the end Jin calls up and says "Hey, I got a job for you, interested?" and they both sigh and give 'here we go again' looks to camera.

Actually, considering all the high-paying deadly merc work and world-saving they've done, how come they never have any goddamn money and have to keep taking these dangerous jobs? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Payndz posted:

I picked up Fear Effect Sedna discounted on the PS Store for £1.59 - which is about all it's worth, as it's not very good. But it made me realise I would rather have seen a story about Hana and Rain when they're not being murderous international cyberpunk mercenaries who occasionally get possessed by demons. Just follow this clearly loving young couple around future Hong Kong for a day as they go grocery shopping, buy lunch, chill out with a bottle of wine and holographic Netflix, etc. Then at the end Jin calls up and says "Hey, I got a job for you, interested?" and they both sigh and give 'here we go again' looks to camera.

Actually, considering all the high-paying deadly merc work and world-saving they've done, how come they never have any goddamn money and have to keep taking these dangerous jobs? :iiam:

Fear effect 1 and 2 on ps classics when