Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

question

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationPlus/comments/28eqk1/you_still_cant_purchase_games_you_already_have_on/

Has this matter been resolved yet, or can you still not buy games you previously had on PS+?

I''m doubtful they implemented any kind of solution, you probably have to go to Sony support in each individual case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

If every game hits 1080p/60

lmao

Bethesda couldn't even get a 5 year old game running at 60fps on the Pro

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How do I stop getting spam posts on PSN about free PSN codes?? I haven't signed up for anything shady for this to happen

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ramagamma posted:

In my opinion your problem is that you buy mediocre games and then spend all your free time quoting Giant Bomb.

:drat:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I''m doubtful they implemented any kind of solution, you probably have to go to Sony support in each individual case.

Wonderful.

Sony's online efforts are good, you guys.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

Wonderful.

Sony's online efforts are good, you guys.

shu is gonna personally leak your cc info if you keep that talk up

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That's okay, someone *already* hacked my account a few weeks ago to buy a bunch of crap and all they could do for me was give me store credit back.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

That's okay, someone *already* hacked my account a few weeks ago to buy a bunch of crap and all they could do for me was give me store credit back.

so whatcha gonna buy?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

89 posted:

How do I stop getting spam posts on PSN about free PSN codes?? I haven't signed up for anything shady for this to happen

You did when you signed up on the Goon spreadsheet. :haw:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

so whatcha gonna buy?

Nothing, I had my bank reverse/deny the charge. I'm just appalled at how sony handled it

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I got one of those spam group mass invites as well and I'm on no spreadsheet,have no PSN Friends and no PSN plus so my tag is never seen online.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

Nothing, I had my bank reverse/deny the charge. I'm just appalled at how sony handled it

shoulda got guilty gear revelator at least imo.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Anyone do the Diablo 3 new diablo 1 dungeon or whatever? Should I bother? I beat the game but that's it

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Anyone do the Diablo 3 new diablo 1 dungeon or whatever? Should I bother? I beat the game but that's it

It's pretty good but don't grind for the picture frames it's not fun.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

This looks like it could be fun. Like Trials without the stuff that makes you want to throw your controller across the room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8VLMNzBDhw

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

This looks like it could be fun. Like Trials without the stuff that makes you want to throw your controller across the room.

I could get behind this.

2 things though:

Good reviews, and a non-60 dollar price point.

Also: I've seen almost every single person who is playing Gravity Rush 2 say that it has a terrible slog/slow start. Exactly when does that end? I just did the Forbidden Zone trials and it definitely got a LITTLE better as I was doing those.. but wondering if it really *blossoms* at some point or if it just kinda plays more or less about as exciting as it does right now?

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

89 posted:

set it so you dont get messages from people you're not friends with. people can still ask to be your friend and send an accompanying message fine

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Feenix posted:

Also: I've seen almost every single person who is playing Gravity Rush 2 say that it has a terrible slog/slow start. Exactly when does that end? I just did the Forbidden Zone trials and it definitely got a LITTLE better as I was doing those.. but wondering if it really *blossoms* at some point or if it just kinda plays more or less about as exciting as it does right now?

I don't agree with that sentiment, I loved the game from the first minute. That said, I'd say the breakaway point they're referring to is when you reach Jirga Para Lhao.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

This doesn't look like it'll let you stunt through a spaceship or a mayan temple or hell or whatever other random bullshit Trials had. 'Course it also won't have the dumb wacky-physics minigames and terrrible platforming that ruined Trials of the Blood Dragon, so there's that.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

GR2s fun and uniqueness comes from gravity shifting and hence it's way of traversal and fighting, so it makes perfect sense that they decided that every other side quest should be a forced stealth segment or trailing mission.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Attitude Indicator posted:

GR2s fun and uniqueness comes from gravity shifting and hence it's way of traversal and fighting, so it makes perfect sense that they decided that every other side quest should be a forced stealth segment or trailing mission.
I just did the really complicated one with robot hacking and poo poo, and then it ends in a fight anyway so what was the point?

I like how most of them are something silly and nonviolent though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Attitude Indicator posted:

Do they disable your abilities in those?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

edit: nevermind, beaten to the punch: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807429

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 26, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Nope, and the trailing missions are loving easy because of your powers. Go stand up a wall and you cant be seen at all - your targets dont look up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ubisoft flooded youtube with enough decent looking Ghost Recon (i.e. the real "GR") footage that I decided to make a thread. Please help it not go into the archives before the game comes out: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807469

The real GR is the one that isn't going to suck, so Gravity Rush wins.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I won't vouch for Ghost Recon yet, because it could very well suck, but it looks less bad than it did before.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think I'm pretty much done with the "unaccountable government gunmen blow up brown people" genre

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I played the diablo 1 content on a test server. I was not impressed at all. I thought only PC got the Diablo 1 content?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I won't vouch for Ghost Recon yet, because it could very well suck, but it looks less bad than it did before.

just get sniper elite 4 instead. it even has coop

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I don't know how after all the Ubisoft downgrades going all the way back to Far Cry 3 that anyone could look at a Ubisoft trailer and expect that to be the product you're getting when it comes out. It happens with every game they make now!

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Not usually. But it doesn't matter since they are all slow and boring. It hardly matters if your standing on the ground or the wall watching some dude slowly walk down the street.
There are side quest where you can't use your abilities for some dumb reason or other.

But seriously, who are these bozos who keep dumping forced stealth sections in games in tyool 2017?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

just get sniper elite 4 instead. it even has coop

I will but it looks too similar to 3 so I can wait. Getting GR:W for 40% off.

Policenaut posted:

I don't know how after all the Ubisoft downgrades going all the way back to Far Cry 3 that anyone could look at a Ubisoft trailer and expect that to be the product you're getting when it comes out. It happens with every game they make now!

Not really, they stopped doing that because of this reputation.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Boo This Man posted:

I played the diablo 1 content on a test server. I was not impressed at all. I thought only PC got the Diablo 1 content?
Nah its on console too, but its a bit less cool since it doesn't have the UI changes that the PC version got.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think resident evil is too scary for me to play sober. holy molly

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

King of Solomon posted:

I don't agree with that sentiment, I loved the game from the first minute. That said, I'd say the breakaway point they're referring to is when you reach Jirga Para Lhao.

I'm a tough customer when it comes to liking Gravity Rush but I would say that, at the Very least, the powerless running around bland, difficult-to-fall-off air town with questionable, sloppy controls searching for things that were hard to see was pretty underwhelming, at least.

But it's good to know it picks up, for sure! :)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Feenix posted:

I'm a tough customer when it comes to liking Gravity Rush but I would say that, at the Very least, the powerless running around bland, difficult-to-fall-off air town with questionable, sloppy controls searching for things that were hard to see was pretty underwhelming, at least.

But it's good to know it picks up, for sure! :)

it definetly gets better when you get to the main city. I found it boring until you beat the forbidden zone which is pretty much a tutorial.

It's still kind of failing to totally wow me but I like it. It's really just a beefier version of the first game. I think I was more fogiving of how boring most of the missions are because I played on Vita with Netflix on in the background. The games strong points are really the settings and the gamey challenge stuff.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

don't play FFXV but thought I'd share? :shrug: you can also get now if you plan on getting the game

quote:

Playstation Store offers Final Fantasy XV Add-On Item DLC: Gourmand Set (PS4) for Free. Thanks mrcuba

Also available, Playstation Store offers Various Final Fantasy XV Add-On Items DLC (PS4) for $0.49 Each.

Additionally, Microsoft.com offers Final Fantasy XV Add-On Item DLC: Gourmand Set (Xbox One) for Free.

https://slickdeals.net/f/9711200-free-final-fantasy-xv-add-on-item-gourmand-set-49-cent-pre-order-add-ons

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

TFRazorsaw posted:

question

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationPlus/comments/28eqk1/you_still_cant_purchase_games_you_already_have_on/

Has this matter been resolved yet, or can you still not buy games you previously had on PS+?

It reads like they're still subscribed? If there's a particular section where someone is no longer part of PS+ and having trouble buying titles from the Instant Game Collection, it might be worth quoting.

Also telling Sony about; they'd probably rather not leave money on the table.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Looks like flashier Trials without the physics puzzle element and more free camera (but same on straight path driving). Probably fun at first but may get boring faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm still sitting on my copy of ffxv waiting for these massive game changing patches to drop sometime in the next 10 years