Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Whats the deal with okami? Only vaguely ever heard of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's three Zelda games stitched together also you play as a dog

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
A good dog though, much better dog than Twilight Princess.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Okami is an adventure puzzling solving game

Also the precursor to METAL GEAR RISING REVENGEANCE

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
You do slice monsters in half so the description is pretty apt. Also it's a gorgeous game with great music.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Also you can pee on things, if you’re into that.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

Still stoked to play it with my TLOU goon bros to chill out with after cutting throats and blowing faces off with shotguns.

:yeah:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Looks like secret of mana remake is getting a physical release 👍👍👍👍

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Is there a Discord for relapsed TLOU MP diehards?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
My DS4’s charging behavior has become weird. Sometimes but not all the time it’s battery seems to drain in the blink of an eye, and I’ve left it charging all night only to discover the next morning that it isn’t full yet. Is it just on its way out or is there another explanation?

Edit: it’s the later version one that came with my Pro so it isn’t that old.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's not the cable is it?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's not the cable is it?
I guess I’ll try another cable next but it was charging when I went to bed and was charging when I woke up, and another time it reported being full and was down to one bar an hour of watching Netflix later, so it doesn’t seem like there could be a connection.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

fridge corn posted:

Looks like secret of mana remake is getting a physical release 👍👍👍👍

After trying to replay it on the SNES Classic, I've gotta say... who cares?

Seriously, go back and try to play it as an adult, in all its grindy, repetitive, totally imbalanced and annoying to play glory. It's actually a pretty bad game. I mean, Seiken Densetsu 3 is goddamn amazing and still holds up, and considering it was never released outside of Japan it was a great candidate for this remake, but the original? Urgh.

Unless they drastically alter the gameplay and how you level up stuff, it's gonna be pretty poo poo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Failboattootoot posted:

Okami is better than all of these games except persona 5, I would say.

Persona 5 can't hold a candle to Okami on any level, including graphics despite the fact P5 looks great and is like a decade younger.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Fuzz posted:

After trying to replay it on the SNES Classic, I've gotta say... who cares?

Seriously, go back and try to play it as an adult, in all its grindy, repetitive, totally imbalanced and annoying to play glory. It's actually a pretty bad game. I mean, Seiken Densetsu 3 is goddamn amazing and still holds up, and considering it was never released outside of Japan it was a great candidate for this remake, but the original? Urgh.

Unless they drastically alter the gameplay and how you level up stuff, it's gonna be pretty poo poo.

You may be right but I'm hoping it will be a good couch co-op game to play with the gf.

Besides, if it sells well we might get a chance at the sequel..

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Renoistic posted:

Also it's a gorgeous game with great music.

Yes. Yes it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya3yxTbkh5s

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Also you can pee on things, if you’re into that.

:sad:

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Wasn't Gang Beasts supposed to come out today?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Rolling Stone wrote a response article to the new From trailer called “Bloodborne 2: Building a Better Bloodborne” and I nearly poo poo my pants thinking it had been confirmed.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Wipeout Omega Collection is 20 bucks, 16 if you have PSN+

I think I'm going to grab it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pretty deece sale in general actually

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Bulletstorm remaster is also $20 with plus which is in line with what it should have been from day 1.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

Rolling Stone wrote a response article to the new From trailer called “Bloodborne 2: Building a Better Bloodborne” and I nearly poo poo my pants thinking it had been confirmed.

I hope it's Bloodborne: Japan Edition cuz that'd rule. I remember Kuon - some of those enemies were creepy. Let me at them with saw blades and other macabre instruments. And Hattori Hanzo Steel.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Edmond Dantes posted:

Wipeout Omega Collection is 20 bucks, 16 if you have PSN+

I think I'm going to grab it.

Does this have the new VR thing coming as a patch? If so I'm all over it, can't wait to throw up everywhere.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Awesome, got myself Wipeout.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Fuzz posted:

Does this have the new VR thing coming as a patch? If so I'm all over it, can't wait to throw up everywhere.

Yeah that's the one

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Was there a trailer since those 5 seconds at the VGAs or was it actually an entire article about 5 meaningless seconds lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vatyi or whatever his name is did a 12 minute video on it lmao

Instantly unsubscribed, gently caress that poo poo

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

VaatiVidya, and yeah, people making speculation videos on a 5-second teaser is silly as hell. Still not as bad though as all the speculation videos that cropped up when Metroid Prime 4 got announced, where all we got was literally the Screw Attack emblem with a "4" over it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

:laffo: that's the guy who makes more than a senior petroleum engineer for youtubes of item description speculation right

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Digirat posted:

:laffo: that's the guy who makes more than a senior petroleum engineer for youtubes of item description speculation right

That's one of them.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TaurusOxford posted:

VaatiVidya, and yeah, people making speculation videos on a 5-second teaser is silly as hell. Still not as bad though as all the speculation videos that cropped up when Metroid Prime 4 got announced, where all we got was literally the Screw Attack emblem with a "4" over it.

No that announcement teaser actually said Metroid Prime 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFbDmTjS_MI

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
No it's grimdark Cookie & Cream directed by Zach Snyder

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Ended up grabbing Wipeout. Can't wait to be really, really bad at it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Pablo Gigante posted:

No that announcement teaser actually said Metroid Prime 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFbDmTjS_MI

My point still stands. That still showed less than Fromsoft's newest game teaser.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TaurusOxford posted:

My point still stands. That still showed less than Fromsoft's newest game teaser.

It had an actual title and a known series at least

EDIT: I think it's time for you to change your avatar too

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

There was some interesting stuff in there.

1. There's a kunia wrapped in the string.
2. Japanese instruments identified
3. Clips of older from games that you might get theme mixing from. Some ninja puppet heavy games seemed to mesh with the 5 seconds.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Tempted to pick up Wipeout, but also acutely aware that I will stop trying to get good at it after a handful of tries (just like I did with Thumper).

e: Been meaning to try Virginia though, and it's cheaper than a cup of coffee right now.

Montalvo fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 12, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Pablo Gigante posted:

It had an actual title and a known series at least

"at least its a known series" is a weird thing to say especially in regard to a from game which is gonna be a from game regardless of whatever ip they slap on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'll change it once we have confirmation that Prime 4 is worth buying a Switch for. :colbert: