Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

zenintrude posted:

:rock:GAMING WITH THE DEVIL:rock:

Is this an app?

Also, can anyone link me to the recommended 2tb HD to upgrade the PS4 with? I think it was an external drive?

Several Goblins fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

Skeezy posted:

It's Gmail.

I worded that poorly. I meant is it like directly from Playstation, a third party site or an app? I just didn't think Playstation kept track of play times and stuff like that.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

snograt posted:

The weird thing I'm getting is spammers creating a group, dragging me and 50 other people into it, dropping their spam link, then leaving. It's very odd.

Same here. I've been getting added to one of these message groups once every day or two for like 3 weeks now.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

I would love a Yakuza tag, please!

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

VideoGames posted:

(The only reason I do not wear any of them is because the only game of the lot I have played is Bloodborne and I cannot get past Father Gascoigne so it would not feel right - though Nier is £25 and I am hovering over the grab button!)

Hammer that grab button, VideoGames! Thanks for the rad Yakuza tag.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

Anyone have thoughts on Pillars of Eternity on PS4? I was hesitant to grab something that seems, to me at least, like a game that would be hard to port from PC with good controls and readable text. It was $10 though, so I figured I'd take a gamble.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

So one of my buddies went insane for Black Friday. I've been trying to talk him into buying a PS4 for years, and it finally happened. He's been an Xbox One guy and hasn't owned a Sony console since the PSX. Except he bought...

Spiderman PS4 Bundle
Heavy Rain
Detroit: Become Human
Bloodborne
Nier: Automata
Uncharted Collection
Uncharted 4
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami
Persona 5
God of War
Horizon: Zero Dawn
The Last of Us: Remastered

All at once, for a shockingly not bad amount of money for all that. I'm almost jealous because I wish I could play all that again for the first time.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Holy gently caress.

Also, a perfectly good bag of games ruined by David Cage.

Yeah, I didn't think Detroit was too bad, despite all it's ridiculous heavy-handedness. And certainly is a pretty spectacle to view.

That being said, you're not wrong. But I feel everyone needs a little dose of David Cage....just to know, you know?

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

Doctor Zero posted:

Two games are on sale I’m tempted by but they seem to be pretty divisive here. TLoU and Prey.

Worth :10bux: :10bux: to get both?

I'll throw in on the side of not particularly loving TLoU, but acknowledge that it's still a good game that should probably be experienced by folks. I didn't care for the stealth/combat and had quibbles with the story, but I'm certainly in the minority and don't, at all, regret playing it. And for a game I didn't like, the intro and a few other parts are still incredibly memorable for me.

Prey is incredible, but is somewhat of a niche game and not without problems. You can spend a lot of time goofing about with the mechanics to play the game exactly as you want to, and progression/enemies can be as brokenly easy or as scary and difficult as you really want them to be, depending on play style. It also felt better to me on PC (Load times and general controls) so if that's an option, I'd recommend it, but it's perfectly fine on console too. I also recommend playing Prey very very slowly. Read those e-mails, listen to audio logs or whatever, use the dumb Gloo gun thing that shoots foam to climb up walls, check nooks and crannies, and whatever. In my opinion, it becomes a much, much, much better game when you abandon any idea of it being a standard FPS game, which it really isn't at all.

I'd recommend rolling the dice on both for a total of $20. They're solid and have a pretty high chance of you getting a lot of quality gaming out of them.

Several Goblins fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Nov 24, 2018

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

Edit: Managed it! Nioh finally conquered.

Except the dlc....

Several Goblins fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Dec 5, 2018

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

stealing from an unknown wise goon:

Alpha Protocol 2, running on the FOX engine.

:hmmyes:

I'd also take an open-world game that has the writing quality and expansiveness of The Witcher 3 with extremely in-depth character customization and building set in the Dungeons & Dragons universe. Lemme roll up a character Elder Scrolls style and go explore explore the Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Ravenloft and hell, Planescape. Basically a massive open-world adventure to feed into how much I adored Baldur's Gate 2 as a kid.

Edit: Speaking of, has there ever been a clear-cut reason on why more Dungeons & Dragons video games aren't made? You'd think a property that is so popular, has a history of popular games, and has such a huge backlog of inspiration to draw from would have more attempts at games made. Aside from the Neverwinter MMO, it looks like it's basically only ports/remasters for the past 15ish years.

Several Goblins fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Apr 5, 2019

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

One of my ideas for a game is a Platinum-style action game but with the aesthetic of a 1930's space opera serial, like Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon style

I never knew I wanted this, but I'd adore it.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Did anyone buy Man of Medan

I did. It's no Until Dawn, that's for sure. It's got some issues - plot holes mostly. But I had a spooky good time in it's incredibly short length. I want to give it another go in the co-op or "movie night" mode. It really helps to go into it expecting, at best, playing through a direct-to-video horror movie from the Walmart $5 and under bin. It's cheap, it's dumb, it's jump scares - but with the volume up and the lights off you can still have a decent enough time of at least rolling your eyes at the spring-loaded scares jumping out of cabinets at you.

I can answer questions if anyone is on the fence.

Edit: I also played through it and Layers of Fear 2 in the same two days of being home sick from work, so I had two full days of spooky boats :ghost:

Several Goblins fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 2, 2019

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

Watch those spoilers buddy

The post credits stinger reveals that you were the spooky boat all along.

This is true for both games I mentioned.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

I figured I'd pop in Watch Dogs Legion and give it a go while I waited for Cyberpunk. Watch Dogs was bland garbage, but Watch Dogs 2 was pretty good.

Watch Dogs Legion suuuuuuuucks. From the voice-acting to the writing to the mechanics, everything just feels clunky, bad and half-baked.

It also crashed a half-dozen times and kept trying to install the PS4 and PS5 version overtop of each other for some reason.

One step forward with 2, fifty-three steps back here, Ubisoft. Good on you.

Anyone else tried it and managed to squeeze any fun out of it?

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

I genuinely don't mean this in a too cool for school internet way but W_D: Legion legit looks like a fan-mod. It has absolutely no soul whatsoever.

Oh, you absolutely nailed it. I've had trouble putting an exact word on how it felt, but completely soulless is spot on. Possibly more empty and soulless than any game I've ever played, or at least high up there on the shovelware scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Fan mods often have a lot of soul though.

You know how accidentally bad movies have a certain fun and charm to them that makes them worth watching?

And then companies come along and make intentionally bad movies like Sharknado and all that charm is lost?

Its like Ubisoft tried to make a game in the style of a fan mod.