Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Is it just me or the new ps looks like the alienware logo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
gta 5 online is full of weird people, like people that roleplay being cops

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Samurai Sanders posted:

The difference between the two models is really just whether it has an internal optical drive or not right? For the one that doesn't, I wonder if I'll just be able to attach an external drive on the rare chance I want to use it? If so, that's what I'd do.

You probably won't be able to use an external blu-ray play er on it.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Would have been nice if Rockstar could have used their mountains of cash to do actual DLC for GTAV, but instead we have to put all of the work into online.

Yeah, instead rockstar left gta 5 frozen in time.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Not sure, but has anyone else noticed the PS5 looks like a generic internet router? lol I mean like, what?

Now that you say it, it looks exactly like a router I had in 2010 lol

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why do you say that?

As far I know you have never been able to use an external disc reader on a playstation, unless it was back in the time that you could install linux on the ps3.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Blind Rasputin posted:

A 4k HDR 60fps Bloodborne would be just fine.

sorry we're in the 120 fps era now

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Samurai Sanders posted:

It would be nice if dropping PS4 controllers on the floor didn't absolutely 100% guarantee that R2 or L2 will get pressed and it will fast forward whenever you're watching.

Media remote

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
pc gamers freaked out when microsoft first tried selling games on the ms store back with windows 8, and gaben said it was the end of the world ( because he wouldn't get a cut).

and somehow all the pc gamers saw gaben wanting to keep his monopoly as a good thing

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Is this supposed to look good

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

mikeraskol posted:

I was on YouTube and it looked like poo poo. Switched over to twitch and it’s a huge difference.

I changed and although it looks more crisp it still doesn't look thjat great.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lmao loving harry potter

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Ahh a us military recruitment game

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lol us drone training now built in

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lmao the part where they walk in a bar and start killing innocent people

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
the resident evil game is multiplatform btw

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Thom12255 posted:

All the stuff I'm interested in is also on PC so Sony really isn't offering much to make me pick up a PS5 on launch.

the reason to pick up a ps5/ or xbone is updates itself, always ready to play and more suited to play on a tv. doesn't have to be a 100% exclusive.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

bloodysabbath posted:

Multiplats and remasters.

gently caress. :(

whats with people on this thread thinking their console isn't worth it if "other lesser people and consoles can play it" ???

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Zeta Acosta posted:

sony really doesnt have anything except for their super duper ssd and audio chip? what the hell?

spatial audio has been on xbone and pc for a while now mate.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
the 30 fps on demon souls looks bad, along with the fake rocks on ground

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

magiccarpet posted:

i feel like this console generation wants me to buy that RTX

between my nintendo switch and pc, I might get a xbone for media center I see no reason for this playstation with lovely graphics.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
well it is starting to look better now

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Starks posted:

yeah demons souls looks great. Will it run at 60 fps?

the game is running at 30 fps right now so probably not

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lmao fortnite

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
cool wireless router

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Popete posted:

It's a launch lineup which means a bunch of mediocre games and last gen ports, I guess that's not suprising. Just doesn't seem like a whole lot to really get excited about. Oh well, the good games will come eventually so I'm in.

If I am going to wait for games I am just going with the xbox series s and my pc.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I bought a ps4 in 2015 and bought my first ever physical copy of a game (doom eternal) a week ago, only to learn it still takes up loving hard drive space? What is the goddamn point?

I only buy good games so why would I sell them?

the point of physical games is getting them used for cheaper or loan them out to friends

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

r u ready to WALK posted:

This would only make sense to me if the console had a robot arm to grab a new disc and insert it itself

I will gladly pay the extra $40 to not have to get up from the couch when switching games

you know you can also get digital ones for the one with the disc drive right

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Getting used for cheaper is harder and I feel like loaning out isn’t as big as it used to be.

Reselling is a thing but I’m a hoarder

all physical games I have bought in past 2 years were always a fraction of the cost of them new, or the ones I didn't buy used were also cheaper than digital!

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Aphrodite posted:

That's only because of the UK's weird grocery store centralized game marketplace though. They're the same price digital/physical most other places.

What, amazon and walmart, or target games physical versions are always cheaper than digital ones.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Rusty posted:

It's probably good for people still on 1080p and no PC, but aside from that, it's a hard sell with a real next gen console at $399.

it upscales to 4k games and plays 4k media! the 500gb drive is a downer though but maybe games will be smaller since they won't be on a hard drive anymore and won't have to duplicate files?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The price of the Xbox One S, with a 4K drive, is about to tank

pretty sure its discontinued unless you find unsold inventory or buy it used

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

VideoGames posted:

I am sure you will be able to find them around for a while yet. Xboxes do not exactly sell out.

uhh here in america all consoles have been purchased by scalpers that sell them for $100 more online, you more or less have to camp a store or refresh really enthusiastically stock pages all day to get it oinline at msrp

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

CottonWolf posted:

It's unclear if it's coming to PC simultaneosly, but it is PC yeah.

Only says its a timed exclusive for consoles, not PC

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Zeta Acosta posted:

the ps5 and xbox x finally conviced me on putting together a serious gaming pc

It has made me want to upgrade my pc lol

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

eonwe posted:

Okay, I assume since I got one on Amazon I should cancel my Target one. Which one do you all think is more reliable for launch date? Gotta be Amazon right?

amazon is pretty slow with shipping nowadays, if you use target make sure you upgrade your ups package from surepost to ground on mychoice ups or w/e

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I got the disc one ordered from amazon

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
my experience with walmart and ordering things in high demand is that you are more likely to succeed on the app if you have all your payment and shipping saved than on the web where it likes to go through useless pages and then gets out of stock before you place order.

the app lets you quickly order from the cart

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

DuckHuntDog posted:

Yep, didn't make it past the cart.

keep in cart and keep checking on the app, then just checkout when it lets you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Shirkelton posted:

Just to be clear, you’re suggesting Sony instructed Walmart, Best Buy and others to start selling earlier than they were told and also helped people figure out the Amazon back end to order consoles early?

Also earth 🌎 is flat !!