Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Hi, I've played some games recently.

Gravity Rush Remastered - I beat this a few months ago, but I never got around to posting about it. A previous poster likened it to a quirky Dreamcast game, which I think is apt. You are a mysterious anime girl who is thrust into a flying city. You eventually learn that you have the power to shift gravity, so you can choose which way you fall. You go around helping town folk until the anime plot decides to kick in. The world has an interesting feel to it, and the art style really pulls everything together. I especially liked the comic panel presentation of most cut scenes. My complaints are two fold. First, the game is a bit too long for what it is. The main plot takes a minute to get started, and it feels like there is some unnecessary padding. The gameplay loop just doesn't need to be stretched out over 10+ hours. The second is that at a certain point, mainly a boss, the combat got really frustrating. Your main combat trick is a gravity kick, which is a homing kick you initiate while floating. This is your only constant attack against airborne enemies (you have some simple punching combos on the ground along with a gravity sliding attack if you really want) barring super moves. The issue is that the homing capability is spotty against moving targets...which is the point of having a homing attack. Imagine trying to use a homing attack and missing for 10+ minutes in a boss fight with no other options. The game ended on a solid note, though I was so fed up with the combat that I was ready to shelf the game.

Question: What is the cliff hanger that everyone complained about? I don't remember thinking that I needed another game to tie up anything really.

Titan Souls - Imagine a 2D Shadow of the Colossus that focused more on twitch pattern recognition and less on cinematics. I enjoy the idea of boss rush games. Bosses are the most interesting parts of video games, and everything in between the bosses is usually boring filler (shout out MGS: Revengeance). This game is solid. You have a button to run/dodge roll and a button to fire your single arrow. Once you fire your arrow, you can either go pick it up, or you can call it back to you. The only enemies in the game are the bosses. Each boss can be defeated by 1-2 well placed arrow shots, depending on the need to hit a weak spot to open up the target. You also die in one shot. The bosses have varied and interesting designs, which I appreciated. My only complaint is that nearly every boss uses tracking/input reading while also having additional attacks to dodge simultaneously. Nearly every boss is defeated by dodging the attack at the last second in a way that you are in position to dodge the protection attack and fire your arrow in <1 second. It gets annoying dealing with such heavy input tracking. Some boss fights turned into aI manipulation rather than pattern recognition as a result, if that makes sense? Also, some hit boxes I felt were a little spotty due to the way that perspective played out in a 2D space. Otherwise, I enjoyed the game. It has some really stellar pixel art and music.

What is everyone's favorite and least favorite bosses? My favorite was the magma ball that you had to pull with your arrow toward the bomb. That was a great way to play with design space.. My least favorite were the two bosses I had to look up:the skull with two maces and the Image of the Titan Soul. The skull just did not register arrows that I felt should hit his weak spot. The Image was just really dumb design. The tracking was so bad it was hitting me mid dodge roll. Thematically, the idea of using your arrow was cool, but it is pretty dumb to punish you further for missing when the game already punishes you through its mechanics. Also, jumping out of its' soul armor felt random. Every other boss is predicated on knowing where the weak spot will pop up after its attack sequence. I could never predict where this one would be until I watched a video. Just really frustrating design. I had a much easier time with Truth than image.

I would like to know how I stack up against other people who beat the game for the first time. I beat all 19 bosses with about 227 deaths and 2.5 hours.

Furi - I really wanted to like this game. It's a boss rush game that switches between melee segments and bullet hell esque segments. Each boss has like 6 stages with multiple health bars. You get 3 lives per boss, and each stage of the boss you beat replenishes your current life and another life. The style of the game is really cool, minus the dude with rabbit head. I'm not sure why that edge lord existed. I beat the first boss, which took like 20-30 minutes. I gave up on the second boss. I'm sure I could have beaten it if I tried more, but I was frustrated with the way that lives work in the game. If your health bar is depleted, you restart the stage you are on. That's better than restarting the entire boss, but it is still annoying to restart such a long segment. If you lose all of your lives, you have to restart the entire boss. You can't save mid boss, so it's all or nothing. If you're going to have a life system, at least do me the favor of not refilling the boss's health. The life system seems arbitrary. We haven't been in the 8/16 bit days in 20 years; there is no need to erase progress like that. I would like to say I could return to this, but I have a pretty large backlog.

Final Fantasy XV - The ending sequence in this game made everything worth it. Legitimately one of my favorite endings ever. And the summons are Gorgeous. I was annoyed at how long it took to get around, even on a chocobo, but I just convinced myself not to do side quests as a result. I appreciated the brevity of the main story. There were a few sequences where you could tell they had grander plans the negotiation sequence in Altissa, the ability to turn in side quests by phone but only for the first side quest, some more stuff [\spoiler]. Chapter 13 was as drawn out as it was portrayed, and I doubly hated it because [spoiler]it was so cartoonishly evil to have Ardyn heckle you over intercom and give you Prompto back. I thought that Ardyn was a fairly interesting character up until that point, and then I warped to some kid's cartoon dimension of FFXV. Overall, I would definitely suggest a play. I'm curious to see what they add. I'm going to hold off on the season pass until I hear some reviews.

Up next on my backlog: Last of Us Remastered. Wish me luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

i very much love the last of us remastered, but it's starts sorta slow and i have to warn you that the shooting feels kind of bad until you can upgrade it the first time. also the game tries to trick you into thinking bricks are for throwing at people but its a supremely powerful melee weapon and you can use them to kill clickers. always be brickin'

i think you will like it and hope you enjoy it, maybe we can do some multiplayer if its not dead and you're down. provided i am not confused and you're big boswell that i used to play league with.

I am indeed that BigBoswell. I forget if I still have you on PSN, but I would totally jam with you. I'm moving this weekend, so it may be a bit before I'm up and running with stability, but let's get it in and complain about Riot.

TheCenturion posted:

Same thing with the ending; it's been done before, though it was done exceedingly well here, specifically. I liked how Prompto's photography hobby wound up playing into it.

I thought that this ending was my favorite variation of the Christ-like 'Messiah must die' ending. The photograph was such a nice touch and I was literally tearing up. I was surprised at how macabre the scene with Luna, Regis, and two others I couldn't distinguish were hanging from the tree. Definitely thrown off by that.. I normally don't check them in games, but I think this game would have benefitted from a Codex of some sort. I probably won't even try to 100% it as I don't care for open world games, and I still have MGSV and Witcher 3: Complete to finish in that area.

Electromax posted:

I also beat all the bosses on Titan Souls. The one that frustrated me most was a big snowy totem face that fires lasers at you, it's been a while but you can knock out his teeth and make him zap himself? It took me a bunch of tries to even verify I was trying the right approach, and more to get it pixel-perfect. That and a boss that tries to pound you with fists, easy to see the goal but I had trouble nailing the timing.

I would've also found the final final secret boss frustrating but I got a bit lucky in one run and finished it on a fluke more than anything. Enjoyed the game in general but definitely have some frustrating memories that would make me reconsider playing it again.

The thing that annoyed me about the snow boss was him hiding his weak spot after you exposed it. The fight felt padded after that. He at least didn't regrow teeth, which was a welcome change from bosses where you had to reveal and hit the weak spot in a matter of seconds.

haveblue posted:

It was well-made, but it had a couple of problems. It can be really hard to tell whether what you're trying to do is supposed to work or not. Between the really tight timing and the inability to partially damage a boss you don't get a lot of feedback, which sent me to walkthroughs more than once. I also wish they had eliminated making you run back to the boss from the spawn point- you even see it save when you start a boss encounter, there was no reason for that wasted time on every retry. An overhead map would also have been nice.

I would make the same complaint about the final boss and also the archer guy- almost every other boss lets you control or at least anticipate the moment and location where it becomes vulnerable, those two don't and all you have is luck and reflexes.

I also got all 19, but with way more deaths over maybe 5 hours. The secret boss I didn't find very hard, other than the super-tight timing in the first phase what was to be done was usually clear and easy to pull off.

That's a good way to sum it up. Your reflexes have to be REALLY GOOD to hit the shots on those two bosses. I just happened to nail the Knight quicker. I had the same issue with the secret boss. I fired so many arrows that I felt should have been hits, but they bounced off of him. It also took me a minute to get him cenetered in the room. The other stages were annoying because the homing duders were faster than your running speed, and there were a lot of them. The second stage became especially difficult if you didn't one cycle it. Other than the fact that it had 3 stages, I don't even know if it would be a top 5 boss as far as difficulty for me.

Good game, just wish that it didn't rely on tracking that much.

King of Solomon posted:

I don't know if I'd describe the ending to Gravity Rush as a cliffhanger; it's more that the story just kinda abruptly ends without resolving some plot threads.

As for the combat, I generally agree, but also think it's worth mentioning that you appear to have completely forgotten Kat can throw objects as projectile weapons, and that's a really good way to attack those annoying mobile, flying enemies. The bigger issue with using that attack is that sometimes it's just not available though; the long climb through that column is a good example of when you might want to use it but probably can't.

I didn't actually know you could do that. The flying guys didn't give me just a whole lot of trouble; that was mainly reserved for Nushi.

I apparently either forgot, repressed, or brushed over a lot of those plot points. I should have taken like a week off after the above boss fight, but I just wanted to clear the game.

Shadow225 fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 11, 2017

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I don't like the hanging triggers. I feel like I'm damaging them when I place it on a hard surface

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

lol at calling Overwatch bad and implying CoD is good in the same breath. Yo brain broke

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I remember someone saying that each user was stored in the data base by the PSN, which is why we aren't allowed to change them. It would be the equivalent of trying to change the order number for a specific order in Amazon.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

That's the biggest casualty of tech creep. We don't get the Burnouts, Tony Hawk Pro Skaters, Katamari Damacy, etc. Goofy, novel concepts backed by actual programmers. Indie games try to take over that niche, but for the most part the game play looks are pretty similar because of the short staffed /inexperienced programming. On the other end of the spectrum, they don't sell well enough to justify pumping AAA resources into them. Where are the mid tier, fun games

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

What ps1 games are better than Mario 64, pray tell

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

First party games are irrelevant. Exclusives is a much better gauge of one's need of a console.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I'm playing through The Last of Us Remastered for the first time, and I find that it isn't actually very 'fun' to play. It splits time between wanting to be a bad stealth game and a bad set piece shooter. The set pieces are especially annoying since some enemies will instantly kill you if they touch you, and the shooting mechanics aren't super great. I understand that the hallmark of the game is the character development, but I think I'm about a third of the way through the game if not more, and I'm not seeing anything there either. For reference I just Just met Bill, and we're on our way to go get the army truck from the school . I'm really hoping the game clicks for me sometime soon.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I want to buy a charging dock from Amazon for a few controllers. Does anyone have a preference, or is this one satisfactory (won't blow up my controllers).

Shadow225 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 6, 2017

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I have 5 games in my queue sitting on my table that I need to prioritize:

- Dark Souls 3
- Uncharted 4
- World of Final Fantasy
- MGS5: TPP
- Ratchet & Clank

Any idea? I'm going through TLG right now, and need to figure out which to start first.

As someone with the same problem with even more games:

You could power through Uncharted 4 as its an inclusive experience.
WoFF and MGSV are long sprawling experiences that you probably don't want to marathon. You could get past the tutorials of both, then mix them with Ratchet and Clank when you need a break.
You know if you need to play Dark Souls 3 or not.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I finally finished The Last of Us Remastered in an attempt to start clearing my backlog.

I will maintain that it is stuck between wanting a bad stealth game and a bad third person shooter. There are ways to stealth at times, but there are also a lot of set pieces where you have to engage already hostile enemies. Some of these set pieces involve enemies that will instantly kill you if they get within proximity of you. That's all fine and dandy except you don't have the tools that other third person shooters give you such as a dodge of some sort, hip fire, or even a decent amount of ammo. The stealth portion of the game also doesn't give a lot of tools. You can throw bricks, which aggros the nonhumans and forces your partner AI to shoot at them, you can sneak up on someone and shiv them, or you can pick them off with a bow. You don't get the bow until like a third of the way through the game, and shivs break until you find an item around the same time. There's also a chapter in the game where the stealth take down isn't stealthy and will alert other guards, which is really dumb considering the chapter in question. Overall, I'm okay if I don't have to experience the game play again.

The writing was a bit more appreciated. The first third of the game was really slow and not great honestly. Other than the prologue, I did not care about any of the characters. The game did pick up in the last two thirds. I thought that the ending cut scene was really unique and well done. There are some monstrous leaps of logic that you have to take to feel the immersion, but that comes with the territory of video games. The Left Behind DLC, however, I felt was really good and made me care a lot about the characters with some nice touches, if sometimes cringe worthy.

I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about the sliding block puzzles. On the one hand, I understand the need to break up the sections. On the other hand, I could have shaved like an hour off the game by shaving those sections. Also, I was frustrated that you had to put the ladder or dumpster in just the right place before I got the prompt to continue. There were so many times that I was off by like two feet, or something that should have conventionally worked didn't because reasons.

Overall, I'd give the game a 7, with the caveat that I am not a fan of AAA set piece shooters.

Shadow225 fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 20, 2017

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

That's funny. I was just about to post about that game. I picked it up a while ago and got to the point before you go for the battery. I tried to finish it over the weekend and as it turned out I loving hated it. I appreciate the aesthetics of the game but I don't like the gameplay at all. All the complaints you listed are exactly what I felt as well playing it the other day.

Is there a list of AAA games due out this year so I can start researching them? Ghost Recon and Mass Effect are all I have on my radar right now.

The game play improves marginally; but if you hate it now, you will continue to hate it. You will soon pick up the bow, which gives you a way to pick off people in one shot if they aren't aware of your presence. Your shivs will get upgraded for durability, and I saved up to buy the perks (aside from market research and design by committee there is zero reason to have an upgrade system in this game) that let you shiv a clicker when it grabbed you instead of restarting the area. Even then, it's still annoying because it won't kill the clicker in one hit.

I would tell you to play the DLC but it kind of spoils the last quarter of the game.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is the DLC that different from the main game? I don't really care about spoilers.

It's a lot more focus on story telling. There are two encounters and one set piece if I remember correctly.. Everything else is minigames that have some charm despite being kind of lame and development for Ellie. The entire thing is like 2.5 hours

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

What is the ridiculous unlock condition you people are talking about?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

As per the lovely gamefarts:

To unlock Artoria: Ensure your game is updated to the latest version, this will not work on 1.0. On Flame Poem: Chapter 4 (or Free Mode: Ruler stage), Orchid Words: Chapter 2 (or Free Mode: Nameless stage), Dawn: Chapter 5 (or Free Mode: Cu Chulainn stage), or Golden Poem: Chapter 3 (or Free Mode: Altera stage), ensure the ??? Side Mission is selected and start the battle. While in Area D (Flame Poem), J (Orchid Words), E (Dawn), or H (Golden Poem), collect 5 Yakisoba Bread within a very short span of time. If successful, you will receive a message from ???. Then, complete the Regime Matrix. Go back to the area you collected the 5 Yakisoba Bread in earlier, and Artoria will appear. Defeat Artoria, then defeat the Boss Servant afterwards to complete the stage.

Edit: Must have changed it slightly after you posted that :) but thank you.

I guess I don't understand why this is ridiculous? I'm sure I'm missing some context.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

You can also use a password that makes it more likely that you summon people with the same password. If you do this, the level cap I think is ignored, but your stats are scaled down to a reasonable level.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

What is a good cost effective mic? My current mic apparently does not capture my voice at an acceptable volume at all. I can't do ear buds, so the vita mic is out of the question.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Until Dawn
Final Fantasy 15
Infamous Second Son (if you like super hero games and find a sale)
Titanfall 2 / Overwatch if you didn't play them on Steam

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Every stream I've watched of Nier is walking around a town. There is a robot Sartre here. I hate existentialism. I don't get the praise for the game

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I added a huge list of couch co-op games to OP

Yo this is a really cool list and addition to the OP. Would you mind adding one with the exclusives people care about as well? I imagine it would look something like

Bloodborne
Until Dawn
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Infamous

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I will fight you on Gravity Rush

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Disc Jam is garbage.

I have fun with it, but I think that the game suffered from having an isometric 3D plane. Maybe it's just me, I have some serious trouble discerning the depth perception.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

wa27 posted:

Disc Jam isn't bad to play online right now. Probably because it's free, but I haven't run into anyone way above my skill level like I would in a fighting game.

The real problem is getting into a match to begin with. The matchmaking is hit or miss. But once you're in, their netcode is surprisingly good for a game about twitch reflexes.

edit: But yeah, it's not going to be the next Rocket League or anything. Speaking of which, RL has a pretty sweet new mode dropping next week for free.

I already have the 50 win trophy somehow despite feeling only average at the game, and I've only run into maybe 3 people who could beat me with consistency. Learn how the disc bounces off the walls and you can just catch everything. Most people have really bad positioning that you can punish.

Disc Jam Tricks (1 v 1 mainly):
- Play Makenna. She's fast enough that you can rarely punish her positioning, has wicked curve on her throws, and throw speed isn't really impacted. Stanton is too slow, and the Ninja throws too slow.
- You want to hang out near where you start honestly. You can inch up a bit if you are getting punished by lobs, but playing neutral allows you to defend pretty much everything and read bounces.
- If you are on the wall, bouncing it off the same wall is really effective. Worst case scenario you get enough space to get back to neutral, best case you score. Throwing it straight rarely works unless the person is anticipating the bounce.
- On your serves you can go two ways: you can either try to shellshock them with a purple curve, or you can throw diagonally just past the net at their side. If you can do the fancy skip try it. Only throw straight if the person starts anticipating you playing the sides and starts moving immediately.
- If the opponent is playing way back, especially if they are Stanton, then lob it right in front of the net. This works a surprising amount of the time.
- Same idea of lobbing to punish position but if you are both playing next to the same wall. Just lob it in front of the net by the opposite wall.
- The only other circumstance you should ever lob is if the person is playing the net and you want to push them off briefly.
- Only slide at the very last moment. If you slide early or try to slide twice to cover ground you will fail.
- This will sound like git gud, but try to learn how the disc moves off the wall. Everything can be predicted and defended from neutral with Makenna ( or any character that's not Stanton). You may catch it right at the net, but it's a defense. The wall skip is the only throw with a sound effect so you can anticipate that. Everything else comes with time. legit like 75% of my scores come from returning the serve because most don't know what to do once you defend that.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I just started MGS5.

I am very bad, but it is extremely good.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Going back to Overwatch after playing Titanfall 2 was impossible. It feels SO slow.

Playing TF2 actually sent me back to Overwatch in full force. It never solves the problem I have with CoD which is the flanking. The two types of players who normally do well are the guys who lag through the map or the guys who patrol a single room and all of its entrances. I feel like you are punished for trying to use the mobility tools the game gives you. Like I want to be the wall running grappling hook man, but either a guy will appear behind me suddenly or i run past a camped room. Overwatch actually makes sense to me because the objective based gameplay pushes players into situations that can't be solved by camping.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Also having only played the first game, the shooting mechanics are so bad that you may or may not even hit the hit when you have it lined up in the crosshairs. If the fates smile upon you enough to grant you the head shot sure they drop, but good luck getting there.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I played Dark Souls 2 and I donut remember the pile of rubble you're talking about?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Nioh's open acceptance with Fashion Souls without any kind of drawbacks statistically was wonderful. I went through that entire game with the DLC red armor set because I loved the look, and I would love if any future Souls games had a straight up transmogrification system like it.

I've yet to play it, but I heard that Xenoblade Chronicles had a really cool take on it. You had armor that you equipped for stats, but you also had vanity armor slots where you could equip armor pieces that had no statistical additions, but overrode the physical appearance of your actual armor. In short, you could have top tier armor equipped but look like you were in swimming trunks.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. I know the internet is high on Bloodborne, but did it sell well? Was it ever considered a system seller?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

How have so many of you completed multiple 40+ hours RPGs in effectively 3 months?

Kind of related question: How many missions are there in MGS5? I just completed mission 18. I've heard conflicting reports on the game ending with mission 31 and only Part I ending at mission 31? I'm trying to gauge how much game I have left without running into spoilers.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

SettingSun posted:

Yeah just do this. You can fiddle with the order all you want up to the ship date I'm pretty sure. Just don't forget to do so.

I didn't see an option to do this back when the Switch was a preorder, but I may not have been looking in the right place.

That said, just set up mail forwarding through the USPS and even if it's sent to your old address, it will get forwarded to your new place.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I dug Until Dawn but those totem collectibles seemed kind of a worthless feature

I enjoyed them because they gave a slight bit of context for why you were walking around. Compare walking down corridors in that game to any Telltale game where there is zero reason why you're walking other than to pad the length and give the cutscenes some time to breathe. You have a reason to explore a bit in Until Dawn because you want the foreshadowing to make the right decisions.

I would still rather not walk slowly down corridors, but such is life.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Alright, so I beat Chapter 1 of Metal Gear Solid 5. I don't feel like replaying the earlier missions if I can help it. What do I need to do to trigger the relevant story missions in Chapter 2?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You never have to do any of the repeat missions. Make sure to listen to all gold tapes. You may need to do side ops to push time forward

you are a saint

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

As someone who wants to try N:A, if you claim that you need to beat the game before it gets good, the game is not good.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I can't tell the difference between one racing game to the next other than if I'm terrible at it it's probably a "sim" and if I can go for more than 30 seconds without flipping the car it's "arcade"

is rocket league a sim

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I'm somewhere around 90 hours in Overwatch, and I find myself wanting a new multiplayer game myself. Rocket League frustrates me a lot, Titanfall 2 never addressed my main complaints with the CoD series, and I've already bounced off Disc Jam. I don't want to buy into For Honor due to a number of issues, and I doubt that Battlefield 1 would be great without a party.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Obsurveyor posted:

Are people pissed about this? This seems like something you'd give away, like the Horizon 2 Fast and Furious game. I think the fact that they had to do a cross branding scheme for expansion content shows how bad it is for the Xbox brand right now.

As someone who doesn't care about the Bone or Forza, Hot Wheels also has DLC in Rocket League, who are absolutely not hurting for money. I think Hot Wheels just really wanted to get its name out in the video game market right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Fix posted:

Looks like the new Gundam Vs is getting a western release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr-W5LDUg18

THIS BONER OF MINE IS BURNING RED