Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fix posted:

Is Diablo 3 supposed to be a cakewalk? It won't let me turn up the difficulty any more until I get an unspecified number of additional skills and legendary items, but the ones I have already are making this game far too easy. I went through the first 30 levels or so last night and was just sorta bored by the end of it. I've only had to back off a fight once and had to heal maybe two or three times in five hours.
The worst part about Diablo 3 is the first playthrough of the story, unfortunately. Once you can get into torments, rifts, and adventure mode it becomes a much better and harder (if you want it to be) game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fix posted:

How long would one have to spend to do that?
All that stuff opens up after you clear the story, so what act are you on?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

$600 for launch bundle with Valkyrie and battlezone, don't really want the games but hey
Battlezone is pretty good, at least

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

If you have a modern TV, just set up CEC and use your TV remote to control your PS4.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

They're taking signups for the 4.5 beta, idk what they're changing
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/legal/playstation-4-firmware-45-beta-registration/

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

89 posted:

Is there only 3 Attrition maps on Titanfall 2? Cause it sure feels like it sometimes.
I'm pretty sure every map works in every mode. At least, attrition is the only mode I ever play and I've seen all the maps.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hello, From The Nintendo Switch Thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aTHyxFtdxo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I just hope that it plays online with the japanese version, cause I really don't want to buy it again (although I totally would)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

i dont actually know that the casual market ever dipped into handhelds. i dont think the "wii market" ever did
For what its worth, I was talking to someone that actively dislikes video games the other day and for some reason Brain Age came up and it turns out that that is the one video game she played and enjoyed on her DS.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I only realized it yesterday when I saw one to scale with a WiiU controller but the Switch is omg huge and will not fit in anyone's pocket. I am really thinking that they have made a white elephant that isn't going to be particularly good as either a portable or home console.
Look forward to the Switch Micro

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Playstation 4: Let's talk about the Switch
Well, until they release Knack on PS+ at least, so for the next 2 weeks.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Guillermus posted:

As someone that only owned one sony console before the PS4 (a PSP fat and then the first slim). What are the chances on getting a Monster Hunter tittle for the PS4?
Japanese people want to play Monhun on portables, the console releases don't sell well. So the chances are bad.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Don't be shocked when the Switch Monhun is the same quality assets running at glorious 720p.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Pirate Captain posted:

Are there any good arcadey racing games ala burnout for the system? I have drive club which I like, but it's this weird mix of sim and arcade that I wish leaned a little more towards the latter.
The closest you're gonna get is The Crew, which is a bad game that becomes a mediocre game with DLC.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

verbal enema posted:

Phantom Pain isn't finished properly?

Don't spoil nothing still 3℅ in
its fine

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

verbal enema posted:

I got to the boss that drives on walls or something and said gently caress this game and this crab shape my hand is stuck in.

Peacewalker was fun I really should finish it BUT I CANT HAVE TWO ANALOG STICKS
If you have a PS3, play the HD version!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Megasabin posted:

Can anyone talk about what makes Puyo Puyro Tetris so well liked? I'm not a huge puzzle game person, and I never loved Tetris attack back in the day, but I did really enjoy the Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo multiplayer. I'm wondering if Puyo Puyro Tetris will be something I enjoy.
Its just 2 excellent versions of really good puzzle games, and some fun and original mashup stuff. If you don't like Tetris and/or Puyo Puyo then its not gonna change your mind.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I play the role of Solid Snake. Every morning, right after I wake up and open palm slam a bluray into my PS4. Its Metal Gear Solid V and right then and there I start doing the moves alongside the main character

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah, every Yakuza game recaps all the relevant plot points of the previous ones so you can jump in wherever if you don't wanna play a million Yakuza games, I mean you should but I won't hold it against you.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

its called yakuza "0"
Yeah and its called Metal Gear Solid V("vee"), also

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Playing MGS for the story is like driving a car for the crashes.
You shouldn't crash cars, its not good for the car

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

verbal enema posted:

What about Gex
What would Gex 2017 even be about? A Gecko that really likes Youtube videos?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Shadow225 posted:

What ps1 games are better than Mario 64, pray tell
Gex: Enter the Gecko

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJGk4ofc18

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

KrayG posted:

Well you see its just I watched Dragonball Z when I was pre-teen and I just presumed it was a phase that people grew out of like cartoons or professional wrestling or eating chicken nuggets and yeah, actual adults shouldn't be behaving like this unless they've had some kind of parent issue or suffered abuse or something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks7cJIIqCHY

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I genuinely thought this whole adults who play video games thing was a meme till I read this thread and its probably confirmation bias but holy gently caress there are a lot of shut ins here.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Uncharted 4 sucks Metal gear solids all suck Gravity Rush sucks Mario sucks the last guardian sucks

Anything that people like sucks tbh
Its true.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

There are lots of women in the Yakuza series (can't speak to 0) that don't exist just to be victimized as a plot point, but it does happen. In the end its a Japanese gangster drama though and its not too surprising.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

I refuse to believe this is real...
Its real, believe me.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wow! That makes it uh... *furiously punches numbers on calculator* 4.20 euros!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I only started getting it after I played one round of Call of Duty a month ago, so I'm blaming CoD.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Boo This Man posted:

I played the diablo 1 content on a test server. I was not impressed at all. I thought only PC got the Diablo 1 content?
Nah its on console too, but its a bit less cool since it doesn't have the UI changes that the PC version got.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Are there are splitscreen shooters. My 6 year old has been playing the Star Wars Battlefront missions with me and loves it, but I cant play the same 6 maps anymore. Please help.
My 5 year old nephew is insane about Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The split screen in GW1 is super limited, its just a really simplistic endless horde mode with all of the progression stripped out. If you picked it up when it was free though its not a bad place to dip your toes in. If you guys like it I definitely suggest upgrading to GW2, it has a much wider variety of things to do locally, and the game in general is just blown the gently caress out.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cats are pretty bad at pathing in real life, also

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

It sounds like arguments I have heard about the tank RE games. Sure, the game is designed around limiting your movement and what you can see but it doesn't keep it from being infuriating that it seems like your real enemy is the controls and camera and not the zombies and stuff.

But again, I haven't played TLG and it sounds like problems with it are overblown.
If you played Shadow of the Colossus, its pretty much the exact same argument people made about Argo not controlling like a motorcycle.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

No Man's Sky is $17, I'm thinking of getting it
Its worth that much, imo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

There is also apparently at least one game that crashes when you turn boost mode on, Soma I think.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

verbal enema posted:

Can I plug in a mouse and keyboard into my PS4 and play overwatch with that

Wait can even play any PS4 game with that I swear I saw FF14 ask me if I wanted to use a mouse and keyboard

E: I wanna play OW but I hate fps controller controls it's just too slow :c
FF14 is the only one that you can play with mouse and keyboard, as far as I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Relin posted:

i was going to try psnow, but it requires a credit card for the free trial. i guess because they have a fantasy of someone using infinite 7 day trials? why not lock it to the console ID, a thing i am sure they can do. i can live without playing those few games on psnow i'm interested in anyway
No its so they can automatically charge you for a month after you forget you signed up for the trial. Like every other subscription service that does free trials.