Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

A lot of people don't like it, maybe even the majority, so don't feel too bad. It's very divisive at best.

even if you hate last guardian its so so worth it to see the ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloodychill posted:

Yeah. Smash is a system seller amongst Smash fans but all the other big franchises have become niche. I mean, Soul Caliber and Virtua Fighter are dead. It's sad really.

VF is coming to ps4 (in yakuza 6)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

I'm only a couple hours in but I don't really feel like it's janky at all. I don't know why it would need seven patches.

Yeah its not that bad at all

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm pretty much out of the fighting game business but people tell me that GGX3rd Revelator is pretty good.

Its very good. Excellent game to learn with too. Presentation is beyond amazing and all characters rock.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Can someone just go try to trade in their busted up DS4 to GameStop and tell us what happens

Someone said last year that they pay for them for parts/refurb

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I mean, it's more just the audacity of a huge company not conceding to even discount the price of an opened "new" game by 5 loving dollars...but also not giving the customer actual new game return privileges, because it's unsealed in the first place.

I bought an unsealed $60 "new" game from them one time and came back half an hour later because I'd changed my mind and the clerk told me that the return policy on opened games was $40 trade credit.

That company can eat a :dong:

they have special stickers they are supposed to reseal it with. they stickers ruin the case if you remove them because they leave so much residue lol but that's what they use to make returns possible

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

I shop at GS more than I care to admit and the quality of service just seems to vary wildly by location and employee. I've walked out of there thinking "Ya know GS is better than it gets credit for" as much as I've walked out thinking "I'm never giving this poo poo company another penny"

i pretty much only go when amazon doesn't take trades on something or has a worse trade it price (which is rare but does happen)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

It wasn't exactly exclusive at the time, it was shared with other Sony devices like camcorders and stuff. I guess they all gave up on it and went to SD cards though and only the Vita is left.

no that's the psp. vita had its own thing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ubisoft's rights i guess

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HZD is going to look great and have interesting combat ideas so i'll put up with farcry style bullshit if only to send a message with my 60 buckos to sony that i don't want to see anymore killzone

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

but its the "greatest game line up in xbox history"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guillermus posted:

As someone that only owned one sony console before the PS4 (a PSP fat and then the first slim). What are the chances on getting a Monster Hunter tittle for the PS4?

its called god eater or tokiden kiwami or maybe horizon zero dawn?

serious answer: now that capcom can't churn out cheap 240p versions of the game with decade old assets on 3ds anymore (well after XX anyway), they're going to have to spend actual money developing their cashcow series so its possible that unless nintendo helps them with the cost, they could break exclusivity with nintendo to make more sales to pay for all the hd art they need to make.

the game will of course be total crap with no content though because of having to start from scratch and its modern capcom we're talking about.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

spudsbuckley posted:

What MS means by that is that the numbers following the titles of their exclusive IPs are greater than previous entry in the series.

One-note motherfuckers.

they should just make a 3rd person cover halo game where you drive lambo's and call it Gears of Halo: Horizons

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they want you to be as far in the corner as you can get because he is going to drop a chunk of ceiling and won't do it if you would get hit but you have no way of knowing this will happen so you stand under him yelling for a half hour and then go look it up online.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm not asking for a spoiler i just want to know if i missed something i should go back and look for

is there any proof or reference to who clogged up the whole game with breakable wooden debris? it feels like deliberate sabotage of whats going on in the game and not just like ruins or whatever.

cause the thingy on the roof of the final boss is blocked up, putting a hold on the whole child snatching operation and there's no good reason for that as far as i could tell.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oxxidation posted:

It's not really blocked, as evidenced by how one of the Trico use it anyway. Looks like something tried to build a nest there.

oh see i thought that since the tower reactivates after you clear the debris and how the statue's mouth is actually open afterwards but sealed beforehand, that the hole where the barrels eject from had gotten clogged and the trico's weren't able to feed the machine and that finishing the game involved fixing the problem that had ruined the valley and re-empowering the tower before destroying it

but i guess people are gonna get mad if we keep spoiler chat in the general thread so thanks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bugblatter posted:

You don't have to do that at all for the the next part to start. That scene is just on a timer.

Oh gently caress

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thats not a bug though. Trico is an rear end in a top hat

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lakbay posted:

Puzzle-ly like the first two games but in first person

How many enemy encounters did you see? Were they all against bullet sponge monsters while trapped in arenas like the demo or was there variety?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Akuma posted:

There was a bullet sponge monster arena in the RE7 demo??

the last update. well at least melee sponge, i forget if you can have the gun before you get locked in the room with him

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jan 16, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

kirbysuperstar posted:

I am really bad at Transformers Devastation.

Are you hitting square? Very important

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kin posted:

I just noticed that there are PS3 games on sale at the PS store. If I buy them from the store on my desktop are they tied to my account or do I have to go onto my PS3 to buy them?

It's just that my PS3 is modded and I need to revert it back to the OFW before getting out back online again (which is gonna involve reformatting the HDD at a whopping 56 hours for a terabyte).

your account can buy games from any ps platform and you can download them later at your convenience.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hoping they reverted the shooting controls to the alpha settings or allow rebinding if they haven't

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah i think it was on hold for the majority of time between its announcement and reannouncement. they saw from blow up and dug up the assets

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

To be fair old hunters was originally 2 DLCs and was priced more than the average expansion. Sounds like the DS3 is about half as long as TOH.

It's a shame everyone says it's not as good though. Old hunters is pretty hard to beat.

its like 4 hours long on a first run and one of the two boss fights is recycled enemies.

the other boss fight is cool but not anywhere near as challenging as toh's bosses.
i prefer the level design in the original painted world much more as well.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There aren't many good ones.

There are very many good ones on ps4 imo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

in nioh, developer placed revenants are alive and being murdered by enemies your first time through the level

a dude barely halfway into the gmae is at level 100 and killing yokai in like 2 hits so now i feel like a dumbass chipping away at beta monsters at level like 15 or whatever

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 18, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Genocyber posted:

Are there leaked copies being streamed or something?

the video posted today itt

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KrayG posted:

Its not going to sell well and will be half price in 6 weeks much like the The Last Guardian.

These game developers must be rubbing their hands together when these desperate video game fans fans pay full for tepid, mediocre experiences.

Last guardian was half price because of holiday sales though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Also Crash has a gimmick where you can't see where you're going - if a game were released today with that gimmick it would disappear into obscurity so fast.

How's UC4 multiplayer these days? I've been playing Titanfall 2 so I haven't seen if horde mode has had much of an impact on the playerbase.

its probably stable because it has microtransaction whales but i'd figure a lot of casual people heard the dlc was stand alone and dtiched their copies of the game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah...its awesome

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DoubleCakes posted:

I remember Dark Cloud 2 being so repetitive that even JRPG-addict teenage me grew bored of it, but if anyone wants to help me see the light on it, it'll be welcome.

The story and characters are extremely sweet. The gameplay not as much and the opening of the game is like 6 hours and then they start the construction turorial so its an epic slow burn

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

89 posted:

Ugh, why can't PS4 be backwards compatible like the Xbone? So many good titles in that sale and I never had a PS3

cause the ps3 was designed to be a pain in the rear end for sony, game developers, and gamers alike.

Neo Rasa posted:

IIRC some folks said the PS4 version of Sleeping Dogs performs worse on PS4 than it does on PS3, is that true? I only played it a bit on PS3 and it's loving awesome but I don't have it anymore and would love to get it on PS4 if the performance isn't awful.

no its good. just beat it. only issue i saw was the time i entered the cab but the game didn't want to make it happen so the cab took off with wen but left his body and camera behind, yanking him at a million miles an hour down the highway about 10 secs later while i was trying to figure out why i was stuck on the sidewalk in a sitting position

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wolfsheim posted:

I'm leaning towards Injustice. Is it just Mortal Kombat with Batman?

Also, I never played Bastion. Worth $5?

A lot of peeps have recommended Assault Android Cactus too. If I adore Enter the Gungeon would I like it despite its art style being way less charming?

yes but with actual blocking instead of a block button

yes

yes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its twin stick score attack

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guillermus posted:

Infamous first son and second son pack for 12.99€. Looks like a good deal but I know nothing about this game aside that it is an open world with superpowers kind of thing, right?

yeah second son is very much a launch title type of game. its a solid 7/10 gameplay wise but it has a terrific main character performance that helps alot. looks good too.

first light is a stand alone expansion on the one good power set from the base game, the neon. the gameplay is so much better and the challenge arena is good fun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the first few hours of sr4 are great but it fell off and i couldn't finish.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TaurusOxford posted:

This boss in the Ni-oh demo is goddamn impossible. :argh:

Summon help

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its the mario killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001