Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Best third person gameplay of all time what a loving disaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spoilers make games and cars more rad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dqxi is so loving good. I wish they gave more skill points out per level and had a shorter "collect the mcguffins" phase at the end of the first act but otherwise the combat and character synergy is good and its like a big nostalgia injection

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RareAcumen posted:

It's probably balanced out by the fact that I haven't seen another one since beating those two.

Yeah, I agree. And I'm enjoying it too but haha oh man, I have no idea what to do for party composition. And I'm constantly behind on materials so I can't even craft and sell stuff for money at this point. I just got out of the rainforest heading towards Sylvando's boat and I haven't given him a single point yet because I don't know what to specialize him towards. :v:

Sylvando is the type of character i wont touch until post game. You can get amazing mileage out of having him and erik be 6x damage dagger buddies but hes deeper than that. Too deep for the difficulty of the main quest imo where i just run hero, two healing mages, and erik/other damage dealer, and never ever have a problem.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ya bigly

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RareAcumen posted:

Ah, hahaha, great. I'm glad I'm not alone in not knowing what to do with him then. Also, is there a way to buy more than one item at a time? I try to buy armor and I can't just buy three at once.

Also, it's taken me this long to realize that the new Warriors game coming out on 16th isn't 3 but 4.

Dragon quest menus being user friendly or fast will probably never happen.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Man, I'd be surprised to see them that soon. My guess was totally holidays 2020. Which would still be a shorter life span than the last gen.

They are hosting a big event live on saturday november 10th from mexico city where we might expect Fable or some other games to get formally announced and new hardware to be revealed.

They know they need to be first to next gen to have a chance like with 360

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Now that all their poo poo is a 10 dollar/month rental on pc tho, it kinda defeats the point of getting their console unless you are one of the million casual cod or madden guys i guess.

Just gonna wait the 4 years it takes for them to put out 2-3 games i want to try, toss them :10bux: and get out when im done

Feel bad for dudes who paid 500 for last years new console tho

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 29, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rinkles posted:

Their (Xbox's) prior commitment to forwards-compatibility makes news of their next console particularly interesting. (But I think this thread discussed that not too long ago)

Do you mean you are interested in seeing what next gen games look like running in poo poo graphics mode on current gen hardware? Me too :cheers:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They better make green goblin in the sequel cause i wanna punch norman osborne bigly

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rolo posted:

I wish Spider-Man had an alternate bad storyline like the Infamous games. Joining the baddies and killing Osborne would rule.

Theyd have to have a villain campaign marvel wouldnt allow that choice with spidey most likely.
Venom could probably do a morality system game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

James Woods Fan posted:

So is everyone getting Fist Of The North Star?

Ya

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

I'm weirdly both excited and not hyped at all for Red Dead 2. Like, I'm totally gonna get it, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I didn't used to like Rockstar games and got bored with RDR1(and all of their previous games) about half way through, but I loved GTA 5 and the setting for RDR is way more appealing than GTA to me, so I have plenty of reasons to get hype. I guess I just feel like they haven't done a great job at selling it to me though. There's no specific gameplay video that has me going "oooh I can't wait to do that" or "that looks awesome". The game just kind of looks like exactly what I would have expected for better or worse.

Same. It'll ooze $$$ and im a sucker for that but i'll probably not be wowed by gameplay

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ultimate Mango posted:

How long do y’all think it will take SpiderMan to make its way to PsPlus as a free game?

Bloodborne took like 3 years

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

By the end of Spider-Man I had only one plot concern and it's trying to figure out how Mary Jane had that secret experimental spider on her for like eight hours without noticing it there on her body or it biting her.

Cause a lot of the story that justifies being mj or miles is really bonkers garbo like when you cant infiltrate a building as spiderman because of fears for other residents who actually are all evacuated

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Geralt is my main in the beta hes fun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hopper posted:

I am not sure there are any games that allow you to do that to be honest.

Sounded to me like he meant play along with rather than say coop with. Like the both gonna start an rear end creed campaign on different hardware

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rinkles posted:

What'd they screw up in 2?

A lot, but having multiplayer as a post launch update in a driving game is really dumb

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Geomancing posted:

I'll be waiting on reviews for AC: Odyssey. I'm not interested in Black Ops or Red Dead Redemption, so my next game I know I'll be getting is the Spyro remakes at the beginning of November.

It has an 86 metacritic

But im not buying it because theres no kenshiro in it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I’ll be playing God’s True GOTY, Dragon Quest XI

im in the middle act rn. its loving v. good except for the times when it traps you in a solo party for a while and sticks an invulnerable npc with you that you can't control
hope i'm past the last of those.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

I know you generally hate everything. But I'm on the fense about this one and everyone else loves it and is convincing me. What dont you like specifically?

Dqxi is probably hateable if you dont have experience with dq games but its real good if you like the older ones. At least as good as 8 for me. Not touching 5 though but what can?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

drat. I never played one but contrary to this I've heard that doesnt matter.

It probably doesnt but i couldnt know im too well steeped

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

Both the protag VAs are native Greek speakers so I wonder if they'll do their own localization.

Ancient?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Doctor Zero posted:

Actually Fable 2 wasn’t too bad and had one of the best things during the ending ever.

During the bad guys monologue if you attacked him he fell to his death. That would have happened anyway, but it was pretty cool when I was playing and he was jabbering on and on and I said “whatever beyotch” and shot him AND IT WORKED. :haw:

Everything from the arena to the end is the most painful slog of bad combat and cutscenes.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They could have just replaced the VA with zero issue and not hosed up their story too

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

J-Spot posted:

It's good but it's not significantly different from Origins. Unless your problems with that game can be fixed with more naval combat and dialogue trees I don't know why you'd enjoy Odyssey any better.

Every mission felt like it was an identical base invasion in origins after a while

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

2 plays fine except the stealth parts feel like poo poo to me...not as bad as the jetski in 1 tho.

3 had too much hand to hand enemies with identical animations and a mess of a plot but i never wanted to stop playing it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tei posted:

lol, how the hell can this be a patent? md5 a texture, then use the md5 id to pick a different texture, thats literally the idea? is the most dumb and obvious s/find/replace thing I have seen.

Everything is patented, the uspo just accepts it if it looks halfway legit cause they got a lot of applications to view and waits for challengers to complain.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I want to play brandish on my tv without a pstv

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Macaluso posted:

The robot combat is great, it's a shame the rest of the game outside its visuals never reaches the heights of the robot fighting. The game should've ditched all the millions of still living humans and just had it be about Aloy and robots, because the loving robots had more personality than any of the NPCs (and Aloy herself).

The ravens in GoW were pretty straightforward outside of a couple that took me forever to notice, but the problem with them is that there was just way too loving many of them. I get they're obviously meant to be open world padding but yeesh

If you want the best game to platinum, it's neither of those games anyway. It's Spider-Man

Its tekken.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Just yt endings 3&4 if you arent unemployed and bored

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Healbot posted:

I feel bad for anybody attempting to play it.

Sad.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SiKboy posted:

I've just finished spider-man, my next one on deck is Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, if OTT post apocalyptice yakuza game appeals to you at all. Spider-man was my break game between kiwami 2 and Lost Paradise.

Im playing it now and i would steer clear and just watch the show on crunchy roll if i had to do it again. Its the worst yakuza game with a complete butchering of the fotns story.

Ymmv but im disappointed.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

psychoJ posted:

oh yeah for sure. i just find he lays it on a bit thick. but also i have different taste in games from him so who am i to judge ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He hates rpg mechanics because he sees them as wasting his time and blocking him from fun moves/abilities until he does boring stuff first

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Soma has a no monsters mode right?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The jagi chapter of fotns was so rough. Repeated need to run across town for a single convo and back again to rest to advance time, wild goose chase through every district, unforgivably bad first person combat boss fight, idk what they were thinking

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wandle Cax posted:

I don't get what you mean by soul less. Could you be more specific? I'm having a great time with it.

People no like the bad sidequesting you gotta do

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stealing from rockstar seems cool and fair. Sorry narcs, get bent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kilometers Davis posted:

e^^^: don’t leak my posting manifesto title

I sold a guitar pedal so I can preorder SCVI and RDR2 both now. Hell yes. $240 on the big releases this month :eyepop: I love this silly hobby!

You buying special edition box sets or something?