Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Zushio posted:

They should add a team game where you collectively pilot a giant robot Fall Guy against the other team.

I'm picturing an adaptation of In the Hills, the Cities by Clive Barker with less cum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

The Human Crouton posted:

Thanks. Got one.

A tip for people: it told me that my item was unavailable with my shipping method or location or something like that. I couldn't find anything valid to actually change though, so I just kept hitting the purchase button , and eventually it went through. No change in delivery method or cart or anything worked was necessary.

Noice, this worked for me. First tried messing around and switching store locations but eventually just hammered that buy button and yeehaw. Skipped the PS4 like a fool so I'm stoked for all the exclusives I missed

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

KingSlime posted:

we should probably go back to talking about Spelunky 2 now

seriously though thanks goons you all rock

Yeah, thanks everyone posting the good pre-order links, love this forum sometimes :3

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Why is everyone ordering the digital version out of curiosity?

I seriously considered it--I only bought an xbone to play Madden & the occasional duty with a friend of mine, and it was a DVD/blu-ray player. Then, both those games were released on PC so I said gently caress it and started looking at the PS4 exclusives. Bloodborne, Spider-Man, and God of War were enough for me to want to dive in. The only souls game I've beaten is Demon's Souls almost ten years ago so I'm pretty loving stoked to revisit it remastered!

e: for the disc drive specifically lol, my coworker just had his xbone x stolen in a lovely home invasion so i'm giving my xbone s to him and thus have no more dvd player

doctorthefonz fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 17, 2020

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

KingSlime posted:

Also they expected demons to fail which is why they let the director do whatever he felt like, so even for its time the action/combat was considered quite poor among contemporary games until Myazaki went in and touched it up with old school video game design magic

Really? That's awesome. Like many other goons I'm sure, I was lured in by the Demon's Souls thread that was titled something like "Demon's Souls: this is harsh. evaluate me." or something like that.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

HDR Demon's Souls remaster with ray-tracing, on the PS5

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

KingSlime posted:

world tendency of course, man that was a weird and dumb system I hope they get rid of it

I am super curious how they implement it, not even sure I understood how it worked back in the day tbh

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Yeah I'm super curious if Tendency is even gonna come back. Hey guys remember Cling Ring? "Yeah you just lose 50% of your health after you die but if you wear this fuckin thing you only lose 25!"

So many hours with that fuckin thing equipped

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Rusty posted:

For a while they set the tendency system to change on certain dates, like all black for the week of halloween, so in that way it was interesting because the game played slightly different and different items and areas could open up.

Animal Souls: Demon's Crossing

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

The ps5 thread is talkin bout Gran Turismo, and I was wondering how Spotify/podcast integration was on the ps4. Perfect game for it I reckon although the last one I played was GT4 and I'd play CDs on a boombox while I did it so it seems like it would be pretty sweet if the console could handle both simultaneously

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Honestly that sounds great despite limitations, is there any support for discrete podcast apps like Pocketcasts?

E: looks like no but still that's p cool

doctorthefonz fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Anyone have any other recommendations for forgotten PS3-era FPS or action games?
Stuff that never made it over to PS4?

My current list is:

Singularity (Finished, it was decent)
Duke Nukem Forever (I thought I was much further into this but apparently I'm only like 1/3rd (one turd) of the way through. It is... boring)
FEAR 2/3 (Only ever played 1 and the expansions on PC)
Killzone 2/3 (Never really played much of this series)
Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena (I only ever played a bit of this back on PC but it ran terribly. I love love LOVE Butcher Bay so I'll probably play the included version of that as well)

Soldier of Fortune: Payback perhaps?