Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

I have my PS4 Pro plugged into my gameboy. The only way to play.

Now you're playing with power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I went from almost no prior rhythm game experience to being three songs away from at least passing all 224 (at current) songs in Future Tone on normal. It has hooked me like few other games. And to think I just bought it on a whim.

I should have known Future Tone was going to be localized. I picked it up on Japan PSN like THE WEEK before it was announced.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Did I miss a link or were you referring to something someone said? I'd be interested in knowing more.

Probably talking about this presentation from Chaos Computer Congress a few weeks ago.

https://youtu.be/6hxEUm-pHUE

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

spudsbuckley posted:

If it's the same as the LG i got recently: go into the "All Settings" version of the menu, go into the "General" menu, scroll all the way down to "HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour" and switch it on for the HDMI ports you want HDR on. You might need to restart the PS4 and TV to get it to work after that.

It's turned off by default for some bizarre reason.

Power consumption, gotta keep that Energy Star rating.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

homeless snail posted:

If you have a PS3, play the HD version!!

Or the PSP version on Vita.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Pierson posted:

What's a decent game you can just pick up for 5mins and play a round of that isn't Rocket League, an MMO or an FPS? I asked reddit and they immediated suggested MMOs, FPSes and some game called Rocket League.

I love Bloodborne but you gotta put time into that thing.

Hatsune Miku.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

zenintrude posted:

Depends on if you're part of a wedding party that calls for custom suits

:sever:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Here are the songs in Future Tone that don't have a Normal difficulty:

Far Away
Jaded
Last night, good night
Packaged
Song of life
Strobe nights
Vocaloid in love
White Dove

There are a bunch that don't have Easy, too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RatHat posted:

Knowing them that's probably intentional.

Yes, it's intentional.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Get the one where you play as a hyper anime hero in a magical post-apocalyptic land filled with weird robots.

Freedom Wars was on Vita though.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

You're posting this on Somethingawful.

Astonishingly it works even here.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Metal Wolf Chaos 2. We need to believe in the office of the President again

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's correct. Not bad for something that quite possibly only exists because of a Something Awful Let's Play.

Our eternal gift to the world. "Look upon these posts, ye forums, and despair."

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Haha you couldn't use the 3G for gaming though or I think even downloading or streaming poo poo. It was just for the browser and mail etc lol

You could sync trophies and do other PSN bullshit like Near. I think Google Maps worked over 3g for data downloads before Google pulled the plug.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Here it is, save the click

Utnayan posted:

And you are a loving idiot who hasn't contributed to a God drat thing your entire life, and that includes words on the internet while you try to continue to troll, and you are so loving bad at it I want to give you some lessons on the art. We could start by everyone looking at your poo poo post history. At least I am consistent and do have ethics in game design. Go snort some coke and have a heyday on another forum. I've been here since 2002 you little gently caress.

Now, with that said...

I love the loving Goons. GOONS ROCK.

I don't want to see Goons spending their money on poo poo. I didn't want to see them spending money on the Switch, which is poo poo, and I do not want to see them being conned into this loving disaster either.

We have a choice my friends. And this goes to the anti shills. And Christ, even the trolls which I love.

You saw this loving pile of poo poo hook line and sinker this last week. You had a chance to play your 10 hours (I guarantee you someone will quote that and say how much of a great time they had in shitville), and you saw, for real, how poo poo this game is.

I want you to ask yourself this. How long have you been playing games. And I also want to ask you how many times have you wanted to have more games to play like Witcher 3, Zelda BOTW, Horizon, all the way down to Bioshock (Whether you liked it or not at least it was loving cool). Break this God drat cycle of poo poo in a box. DO NOT buy this poo poo. FORCE EA to keep releasing titles like BF1.

Yeah. I know exactly how EA operates. I know EXACTLY how this pile of poo poo was developed. I know exactly how they didn't care and expect you to pay for poo poo in a box when it is now EVIDENT it is poo poo in a box.

Imagine 15 games like Horizon Zero dawn a year compiled with 10 games of BOTW for the year. Or 15 the last of us's for the year.

WE CAN HAVE THAT IF YOU STOP BUYING THIS BULLSHIT.

SO START NOW AND PRAISE JESUS CHRIST.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

It's not released in the US for a couple more months but the link has it in stock at Wal Mart.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

uncharted 1 is 10 years old now

:negative:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Paracelsus posted:

Don't forget to equip the Charismatic Autobiography to make things easier on yourself.

ahahhahaha

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fuzz posted:

More like hiding the real opening to the game behind two play throughs, with most of the players literally only experiencing part of the prologue.

It's punk rock and I love it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Peak anime in this thread is nowhere near the ground floor of the Vita thread.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Bananana posted:

Sorry if this has been posted recently, but what's on the ps4 horizon between now and christmas?

horizon is out now, early reviews are good

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Bananana posted:

I already have it.

whoosh

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

Soon they will all be microtransaction consumables.

dingdingdingding

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ammanas posted:

Alright mini-post mortem on my PS4 purchase:

Mixed. Game library remains massively unfulfilling.

Horizon is a legit marquee title. It's pretty, has a good narrative and original gameplay. No regrets on this one. The sound design alone keeps you hunting machines.

Nier....What the hell is this game. I hate it but I keep coming back to it. So many weird, anachronistic elements. Dumb anime poo poo all over. Wasn't worth the price but I keep playing. Befuddling but fun, aggravating but addictive

Bloodborne: I knew I wouldn't like it, grabbed it anyway for cheap. gently caress this ugly, lovely game. Seriously do not get people's obsession with Dark Souls and Bloodborne. Tremendously unenjoyable

Shadows of Mordor: I had remembered this game being better than it is. Also another cheap grab. It's alright.

Uncharted 4: quite a semi-interactive cinematic achievement.

Going to grab Rachet & Clank next. Wish there was more to the library than this. Have a feeling I'll be using the 4 as a media server even more than I did for the PS3. I'm pretty sure I had like 18 games for PS3.

The hardware and design is pretty fresh. Controller is great and the standby system that loads an 'off' console directly into a loaded game is dope.

I recommend Senran Kagura Peach Beach Splash for your exquisitely refined tastes.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is also legitimately good.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Is it not heavenly enough already?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:barf:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

teh_Broseph posted:

New TV, Bloodborne, Resogun, the Order, and probably something else each with an hour or two on them, and here I am just playing old Megaman games from the collection sale I think I'm doing this wrong..

If you're having a good time you're doing it right.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Let's talk about the Ghost in the Shell movie next.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Outlast 2 update for the zero other people who are playing it.

This might be flat out the most aggressively unfun game I have ever played. Like, the gameplay is such monumental poo poo I am sort of in awe at how much worse it is than the first game. I wish it was on disc so I could fling it off a building. Thanks for listening.

It's on your hard disk if you really feel strongly about it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

PenguinKnight posted:

yeah you can put them on the ps4 (i recommend something not-permanent, like tape), and you can tilt the PS4 to play games on the wii/u

:v:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bloodychill posted:

Or hey maybe Bungie should just make a new Myth or Oni game instead of Halo: Another. Myth was so good...

Oni made today would be amazing. They'd probably get the network play to work, even.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I think you mean Capcom?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKBRWrxlMDU

It could never be ported to any console because of rights problems, apparently.

I wondered why that never happened. That game ruled.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

blackguy32 posted:

I never really thought of it like that. More games should take place in less urban areas and outside of the same handful of cities that every game seems to take place in.

Not just games, just about 90% of TV, music, and movies in the USA is set in Los Angeles or New York. Chicago, Boston, and San Francisco split the rest.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

turns out art is where the people and money are

Made there but doesn't have to be set there every time. It's just lazy.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mr President posted:

Has the Far Cry keyart leak been brought up yet? The game is indeed about a white supremacist group/cult taking over a town in Montana

Ahahaha what

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

The mainstream moral panic over video games ended a long time ago but I wonder if this could bring it back?

.....ehhhh probably not. Conservatives have transgender bathrooms and what the gently caress ever to worry about right now.

There will be some supremely lovely mods for this one, even moreso than usual.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Puddin posted:

Im thinking that rather than go through iterations of ps4, ps4, ps5, that the switch to a more pc like structure in architecture from the ps4/pro leads to just a simplistic Playstation brand.

If they keep on updating hardware like phones, there's no reason why say in two more upgrade cycles you can still play games released today.

In doing that too, the bill of materials should be able to be kept down and keep prices down for hardware.

It seems awfully optimistic to think that the upgrade landscape would be more likely to resemble iOS (where phones four years old are still supported) rather than Android (where you might get two years of updates if you're lucky).

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Twibbit posted:

or use paypal

please don't troll the ps4 thread

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

theres a lot of crossover between anime and baseball fans so thats not really a surprise

they're both big in japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

OxMan posted:

Does tax count on this $100 deal get 15 back deal?

I don't think so.