Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
was playing god of war in front of a bunch of family at a gathering last night and the consensus was that atreus and kratos non stop sassing eachother is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

:allears: how far in are you

Alfheim

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

By far one of my favorite features of GoW so far is them having a shop tab for me to pick up important poo poo I missed

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I'm way too tall for baths and have been since I was like 11 so haven't taken one since then. If I'm not at home most shower heads are aimed at my chest as well it's pretty cool

Ps4 chat: Atreus's first question after a certain massive revelation in God of War is like the most little kid thing ever

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

never buy deeply discounted games on PS4 you already pay for them with your ps+ sub

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Is this new God of war game supposed to be the 1st in a trilogy

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i hope they do a ME1->ME2 purging of the RPG mechanics for the 2nd GoW because it's the only thing i didn't love about it

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i went into god of war cold not knowing anything about the previous ones outside of "kratos killed some gods" and i felt like i was experiencing kratos from atreus's perspective for almost the entire game

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

to be fair there's a blank lot in god of war also

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i know one of the most recent updates makes it so mimir's dialogue resets, they stored that globally for some reason so if you got through a bunch of his dialogue in one playthrough and restarted he'd just start from wherever he was previously

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i recently transitioned from gaming on pc to mostly just playing on the ps4 or switch and i'm glad ps4's winning this console war tbh

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

If your thing is mostly character driven, single-player narrative action adventure games that don't look like pixel art pieces of crap then Sony is absolutely killing it right now.

yeah bc of my job i've had to scale back my multiplayer gaming time basically to 0 so glad sony's got something for me

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

God of war Spoiler question

are chaos flames given out in main quest rewards like the axe upgrade?

Yes*

*all except the one that unlocks the final tier of skills as far as I can tell

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

It feels a lot like dark souls in the first few hours but then it doesn't

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

GoW more than anything feels like a pre BOTW zelda game to me

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

These fuckin valkyries

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

For real! I've taken down 2 so far, but I think I'm gonna need better armor before taking on any more. I beat the game earlier today, and now I'm mopping up the collectibles via PowerPyx videos.

i just beat the muspelheim one and i'm trying to do the harder challenges there and i am not being successful in the slightest

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

My favorite little detail about GOW so far is how Mimir fills in the details for the shrines we've already visited while we're chilling on the boat.

He will chat you up about alfheim too when you go back FYI

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Finally finished the motherfucking impossible difficulty don't get hit muspelheim trial in GoW God drat

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

yeah i'd say trolls were my least favorite enemy to fight outside of soul takers or whatever

ogres hella fun though lets smash poo poo

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I don't own an xbone and I'm a recent ps4 owner. I can name 0 exclusive games for xbone that I really want whereas the ps4 I had a backlog a mile deep the moment I bought the console. I imagine it's a combination of a poor library and ineffective advertising. Everything I see about the xbone is how powerful it is but that doesn't really matter if there's nothing to play on it.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I was real late to the generation, I only hopped in once the ps4 had a hardware revision and had a ton of games I was interested in

A lot of people buy based on brand loyalty but you gotta go where the games are

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Sigrun is ruining my day

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I got her down to 25% without having to do the revive but she snapped my neck so I couldn't use it, I was pissed

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Finally beat her. gently caress you, Sigrun.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I actually beat that before I fought sigrun lol

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i feel like i should quit god of war now that i beat sigrun but i'm still only like 64% of the way to plat

time to grind out niflheim

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

is there gonna be a lego the last jedi

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

oh yeah that is something i did forget, i'd love to have something like that on ps4 instead of garbage rear end psnow

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i don't like keeping a bunch of video game clutter around (old systems etc) so i'll take any form of backwards compatibility or remasters to play games i like :shrug:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

Competition is good for us. If Xbox forces Sony to actually make ps5 be able to run ps4 games, we have a lot to gain from that and nothing to lose.

they won't because no matter what backwards compatibility features microsoft adds to the xbone it's still getting dumpstered by nintendo and sony

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

same but fable 2

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Daric posted:

See the genius there is that you don’t have to buy a 360 to play Fable 2. It’s available on the One.

yeah i could spend a couple hundred to play it on the one or like $50 on offerup

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Can we change the "dark" in the thread title to "dad'

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

3 more trophies til plat on god of war

i want more :(

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I very much prefer the GoW style wide linear approach rather than BOTW but I have pretty bad open world fatigue

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I just have to get like 4 more ravens in God of War and I'm at 100% :(

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah wow the internet really ran that one into the ground quick. It wasn't even that funny to begin with. Yeah, he calls his son "boy" hoho hehe lets just say that loving constantly until it actually starts to annoy you in the game and it's not even the games fault.

leave it to internet fandom to gently caress good things up

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

the mocap on the witch in god of war is great but something that they really nailed was the realistic eye movements on the characters

that's something that's always a problem with uncanny valley situations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i hit plat on god of war

i want more