Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The OP should just say "Dragon Age: Inquisition is bad" imo.

The PS+ games this month are pretty neat! I got no clue where the heck I'm going in Titan Souls but it seems okay! It's giving me nice break from The Witcher and Titanfall 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Yeah this is a rough start to the year money-wise. Nioh, Horizon, Yakuza, Zelda and Persona all within the first three months. and even For Honour looks good.

Still not even halfway through Witcher 3 pretty sure. And then I still got two DLCs to go after that so gently caress me I guess.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Ghost Recon could be fun if it turned out to be a sequel to Mercenaries

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

did DS3 bring the rat covenant back? Best part of 2 imo.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The Witcher but in a different setting would be my poo poo, the fantasy setting doesn't do too much for me. I stopped playing round when I got to Skellige for the first time. It feel like it's been +50hrs and I dunno how far I'm through it. I'll finish it one day..

Also that dude asking about what game to get: if you get Bloodbourne (you should) you should get the version that comes with the dlc. It's some of the best content that game has. it's so good.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Super tempted to pick up Dark Souls 2 on sale. Loved DeS, DS1 and BB but dropped and traded in DS2 for the PS3 sometime after getting to Draglic Castle I think. I seem to remember all the environments looking awful and the bosses were kinda boring. Are the improvements + added dlc worth like, $18?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

The DLC is the best part of DS2 but if you didn't like the base game, SotFS isn't different enough to change your mind.

yeah kinda what I figured. Might just put that money toward HZD or Nioh and just play BB or DeS again.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

On the giantbombcast Dan had said something like, all the games that started development after, and would be inspired by, True Detective would start to come out round now. I think it was in regards to Outlast and RE7, but it'd be rad if the final boss of Far Cry 5 took place in Carcosa montana-edition.

Also the Cult Wolf better become your friend.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

As long as we're talking reboots I'm surprised no one has taken a shot at doing something with the Crusader series. They brought back Syndicate and that was pretty okay I heard.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

But persona 5 has 4 different mouse mazes in Palace 7

The mice were cute.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

That PS4 sale is wild. Horizon for $40AUD seems like a steal. Kinda too good to pass up.

Starting to feel like I'll never finish Witcher 3 though.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Never watched a full episode of dbz, but that game looks unreal. I'm downloading the mvc demo now but if it plays about as good as it looks then I guess it belongs in the toilet

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

My bad, I've been looking at the E3 threads so I just assumed everyone was on the same page when it comes to announcements.

I'm no fighting game expert, but Arc Systems, the developers of guilty gear xrd, have some sort of magic powers that allow them to make the best looking fighting games. Now they're making a dragon ball fighting game that looks like it's gonna just eat MvCs lunch.

But this is all what I've assumed from trailers and hearsay. So I'll happily be proven wrong if Marvel turns out to be excellent.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I think the leaks (or were they just rumours?) said that the x-men were going to be dlc along with the dark stalker characters that were cut from the roster.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

What I like most about the PS4 is how niche it is

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Unknown Death Stranding 2002

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ahh, Cras, or some say Crash... Do you hear our prayers?

lol

After having a pretty big sale on psplus subscriptions I would've thought that the free game this month would've been multiplayer focused. Still worth it for Tokyo Jungle. I've been waiting for PSNow to come to australia to play it but I guess I'll just hook up the triple.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

VideoGames posted:

Good grief. I finished the maker's end quest last night in Horizon. Some of my questions are partially answered but now I have a whole load more cropped up!

I almost don't want to finish because I am enjoying it so much. The first deathbringer made me say "Oh, really?" Then the second made me say "Oh no!!!" so I'm glad that threat ramped up.

I recognise the voice of Ted Faro but I do not want to look anything up. Also Lance Reddick is great in everything :D Man, more Horizon tonight I think!!

Every post of yours has been mirroring my reactions when I've been playing Horizon. I think I'm close to the end and there hasn't been one element that hasn't landed for me. Well, some of the minor side quests, and by extension the minor quest givers I sorta don't care about. Otherwise I'm pretty infatuated with the game as a whole, and I'd list it as one of the best games I've ever played with no hesitation.

There's also a song on the ost that has like a couple seconds of strings that sound awfully similar to an ambient swell from New Vegas, so I think that's setting something off in my brain too.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

What do you think Saddam Husseins fav ps2 game was? I bet he would've liked Killer7.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

gently caress, man. Bloodborne rules.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

fridge corn posted:

reiterating my desire for the bloodborne tag please and thank you

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Wolfsheim posted:

You guys asking for bloodborne tags are gonna regret it when you realize it was just a trick and you wake up tomorrow as members of Da Knack Krew

as if you wouldn't rather be a part of Da Knack Pack

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Giving absolver the rocket league treatment would've been cool.

Really I'm just askin for it to be free so it makes it easier to decide on what games to buy.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Titanfall 3 is going to turn out to be a Hearthstone clone

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I'm actually laughing right now,

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I saw someone posted that they bought dark souls 3 for something like $10usd and I don't think I've ever seen it under $30 here. Prices just stink sometimes.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I've been trying to install The Division for the past two days. Last time I checked I had 132 hours until the download completes. I deleted and reinstalled since that doesn't seem right at all. I bought Dark Souls 3 at the same time and that game was done in a day.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Pillars of Eternity came out for the PS4 didn't it? Dunno how good it actually is I just know Obsidian made it. I'd be neat if Divinity OS2 came to PS4 like the first one did.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Everyone knows that using a controller that's your favourite colour makes you better at video games. That's why every controller of mine has to be Spice Orange

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

If they bought the pubg people, wouldn't the PS4 version they are already planning/developing still come out? seems like it'd just be a repeat of minecraft and I don't know how much good that's done em.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I keep thinking you guys are talking about Shadow of Mordor

Same.

You shouldn't buy shadow of mordor either

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I've been using an external HDD for around a month with little problems and today the power went out on my street and now no matter what my PS4 says that "This device cannot be used".

so what the gently caress. just trying to play mgsv

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I've been using an external HDD for around a month with little problems and today the power went out on my street and now no matter what my PS4 says that "This device cannot be used".

so what the gently caress. just trying to play mgsv

Not gonna lie. I posted this because I knew if I complained on the internet, the problem would just fix itself. fwark mate.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I see that you also read Nick Cave's screenplay for Gladiator 2: Christ Killer

I can't believe this didn't get made.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

For those that have done it, was upgrading to the pro worth it? I don't have a 4K tv and it doesn't have hdr but I do like the idea of a slightly higher frame rate.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

"You'll never see it commmmiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggggg..."

Timing this to the screen after an all out attack is a powerful feeling.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Who needs backwards compatibility when you can pay an intern to type set_max_resolution = 2160p and you nerds will all buy it anyway like the upcoming low-effort DS remaster.

If this is Demons Souls then yes I will. If it it's Dark Souls uh mayb not.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

:chloe:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Spider-Man is crazy good gd. I know it's been super successful and there'll be a sequel or w/e but it'd be neat if insomniac did a spiritual sequel/reboot of Hulk Ultimate Destruction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

It has such a positive attitude. The only time I ever encountered a dour moment was when I was too stoned to competently fight the kingpin on hard and I kept getting shot.