Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I liked the MJ sections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Miles Morales is good.

Peter Parker is also good.

Spider-Man is... good.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Brother Entropy posted:

quick horizon question: is going into the zero dawn facility at sunfall the point of no return for the end of the game? sylen's dialog before you go in makes it sound like it but it might also just be 'you won't be able to leave until you finish what's in there so don't go in with low resources'

It's not.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

still thinking about thos bugsnax

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's cool how we started out with remasters that were lazy upscales and moved on to remakes that were ground-up rebuilds that were faithful recreations and now we seem to be moving towards remakes that actually change/rework stuff like RE2make, FF7re and now Soulstorm (maybe Demon's Souls but it might also go into category 2)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rinkles posted:

Remakes aren't really a new thing. Look at Resident Evil 1.

They're becoming more of a trend now though.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ignore all these people, play Hellblade first.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hellblade is very good. I actually really liked its combat, though it was lacking in enemy variety. Puzzles weren't great but it's cool how they were based in some way on perspective, and often twisting the environment to see symbols which goes with the psychosis theming. Some of the best atmosphere I've ever seen in a game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

bug

snax

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm probably getting the disc version because hard copies of games are way cheaper, especially in NZ.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

that's a good movie imo

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

question: if you start Blood and Wine using a new save, who visits your vineyard at the end?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

talkin bout bugSnax

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Arist posted:

I made a decent-ish Bugsnax gang tag, hope you like it:

I considered changing "Pak" to "PAC" but I realized that probably wouldn't scan in all caps, lmao.

I'm generally annoyed by audio logs in most games, especially when you can't move away from them while they play, but by the end of Horizon those audio logs were the best part of a really great game.

I would say the room full of logs from Helis were the exception, all the ones from the old world were really cool but having a room just full of backstory for the bad man wasn't very good.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

free hubcaps posted:

new scarlet nexus trailer came out today, its looking kinda neat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D800Fcv_qv0

Despite the anime characters, there's something about the style that makes me think of Western comic books. Looks real cool.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What was officially the start of the Sad Dad genre?

Let's post sad dad/mom games

Heavy Rain
TLOU
GOW
Fallout 3/4??? seems tenuous

TW3 is a very good sad dad game

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

blackguy32 posted:

Taking off your shirt while playing bugsnax

Why was your shirt even on if you're playing bugsnax

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Chuds hate it because you play as a non sexualised gay lady, , cspam folks hate it because it's a really clumsy attempt at a "makes u think" narrative about revenge and comes off as a much less good version of Spec Ops: The Line.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

2020 heard us saying "well 2019 was an utter shitstorm, 2020 can't be worse" and took it as a challenge.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I am so tired of "This game is X years old, why should I spoiler tag it???" as an attitude.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Something I love about the enemy design in HZD is that enemies like Thunderjaws and Stormbirds are terrifying when you first face them, but by the endgame you develop your skills and strategies and learn ways to safely eliminate them in 30 seconds.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The Neal! posted:

I was too but then I saw a video where someone was using that rope bow to keep it on the ground, They're pretty easy if you do that.

yeah the ropecaster is insanely good

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Real-time Worms was already done, and better.

It's called Liero.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Fallen Order was very good imo.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Except it's good and fun

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lightsaber duels and mowing down stormtroopers both never got boring to me.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Zongerian posted:

Stop buying star wars games

I will continue to buy good ones like Fallen Order

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

mysterious frankie posted:

I love Tombi/2 but eesh. Those games are good because they’re pulled off perfectly and are dripping with charm.

I haven't played Tombi 2 but the first was one of my favourite games on the original Playstation. What an incredible fever dream of a game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tom Hardy did a real good Mad Max imo

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Imo sucker punch should go back to making inFamous games

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

veni veni veni posted:

TLJ was loving terrible, much like basically anything that holds the Star Wars name that isn’t one of the 3 actual Star Wars movies, a 90’s video game, or Rogue One, the one Star Wars offshoot thing that amazingly wasn’t bad (but SW fans didn’t like for some reason because they’re super dumb)

Fallen Order and The Mandalorian were both very good tho

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

People kept making fun of the English Sekiro VA and I'm like... wait people play the game about Samurai and Shinobi, set in 1500s Japan, with default Japanese VA in a language other than Japanese

some people like to understand the words that are being said without needing to read subtitles

I like foreign language subbed movies, but for some reason in games it doesn't work for me.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

enojy posted:

Once upon a time, a game would get either extreme bonus points or a dirty scowl from me depending on how cool the boss/zone title placards were. This goes back to Ocarina of Time, where each boss had a title card of their name and a short scientific-looking description of their appearance, until you got to Ganondorf's final form, who is introduced simply as "GANON" in what may be the best 5 seconds of any video game ever made.

I love how Hollow Knight did this. Bosses get a name popup in the corner.

The final boss gets a big name, in the centre of the screen.

The real final boss gets this title card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XKsfKDQnh4&t=388s

edit: One other boss gets a similar treatment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JWQ9KjwPyE&t=1s

Title cards are fun and cool!

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jul 18, 2020

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rinkles posted:

sounds like a game from the studio that brought us second son

Second Son was good tho

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I can't wait for the free Blasphemous DLC next month. NG+, new execution animations, and a bunch of new story content. Folk Spanish Catholicism was such a good veneer for a Soulslike.

wait what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QdGzJhunb4

oh poo poo

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah it had to be FF7.

Imagine the reaction if he had tried that poo poo with Spider-Man

Why are we fighting the big bald man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Gaius Marius posted:

When did this new destroy all humans come out. I swear I've heard nothing about it since they said they were making a new one

It's a remaster, isn't it?