Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
For those saying about hard drives, AFAIK, it was reported that they're specifically making the SSD easily replaceable in the PS5, and any compatible one should work as long as it's been tested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
I have a suspicion the disc-less version of either console won't sell that well. I tried looking around for XBOne digital edition unit sales, and couldn't really find anything positive. The only time it saw a bump in sales was when they did massive discounts on it last black friday.

Hardcore console gamers are gonna buy the regular versions anyway, with the disc-less being aimed at casual gamers, and parents buying for their kids. I wonder how many parents see the the price tag on the disc-less version and say "and you can't buy actual games for it?". I think they've misunderstood an increase in digital sales for convenience, thinking people don't want the option of a disc drive, even if they buy 80% of their games on PSN/Xbox Marketplace.

The PS5 version might fare better as it's the same console, but it seems XBox might have actually poo poo the bed completely having less storage/power.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008

JollyBoyJohn posted:

People seemed to love the xbox in europe

We talking PS3/360 or XBone/PS4? Because PS4 outsold XBone something silly like 3-1 in Europe.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
Few things I like from the teardown:

-Side plates are easy to remove so custom ones should be available soon.
- From the placement of the SSD expansion bay, looks like it’ll be painless to install one.
- The fan was removed extremely easily, so it looks like you could replace it without much issue if needed.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
I managed to snag a copy of Sekiro for £25 at cashgen last month. So glad cause everywhere I looked online it was still £50.