Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Idgi did people hate the PS3 controller or what.

i rarely had a chance to pay with the PS3 controller, but whenever i did, my issue was that it felt too light and cheap

i got a ps4 last month and im not having any issues with the DS4 and it looks like not a lot changed between it and the DS3 so i don't know :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

As a system I like it, but that launch sounds beyond barren. The only thing I'm interested in is Zelda which is getting a Wii U release. All of the controllers and extra stuff is super over priced...I'm feeling a lot less excited about it than I was a weeks ago.

tbh, what system has had really good launches? i've never owned any console immediately at launch, this is the first time i can afford to do it. i've looked at a wikipedia list and not a lot is sticking out besides the NES pack-in with duck hunt and mario bros and maybe us gameboy

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Shh, let him go on, someone post a trailer for an anime game or something.

wait hold on I've got one

Hey guys who else is excited for the new Super Robot Wars game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0qXRy9rwSc

yes me. it's one of the reasons i bought a ps4 and i think i just might get the Japanese one. my paltry knowledge of kanji and a dictionary might do a tiny bit better than the Singapore english translation, so im not really sure what one to get

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i got 10 playstation funbux for some reason, and i bought Lego Marvel and Saints Row IV, pretty good, pretty good

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

im enjoying SRIV, except for one thing: i haven't been using the guns a lot, since The Touch comes up on the mixtape station and it feels so wrong to keep shooting dudes instead of suplexing and piledriving every guy in the room. same with driving, I got the infinite sprint real early so why drive when you can do that and glide?

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

I've never played a Yakuza game.

Or Bloodborne.

Or Knack.

i bet you use a non pro ps4 on a non 4k tv, too

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

man i cannot wait for when the update comes out to people who didn't bother to enter the beta. i want to be able to put game installs to an external hard drive instead of getting a new drive to swap in. i've been downloading ffxv for 3 loving days and don't want to re-download everything i've bought

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Harlock posted:

How is the new Digimon game? After Cyber Sleuth it seems like a step backwards.

I've been enjoying it, but you kinda have to be into the tomogatchi simulator World style of games. There are some pretty big QoL changes in it, like having two partner digimon, directly giving attack orders, seeing evolution requirements with praise/scolding, etc.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Takoluka posted:

2 pages ago, but Dead or Alive 5 Last Round is on its sixth $92.99 USD Season Pass. On top of that, even if you own every Season Pass for the game, there are still separate DLC packs that you will need if you want everything.

they're seriously expecting people to pay for 1.5~2 PS4s for a full game? :lol:

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Weavered posted:

The Spotify integration really is amazing. I think it should get a lot more love, there's people I know that don't even know you can put it on the PS4.

do you need spotify premium or plus or whatever? i'm not really in the mood in paying for yet another streaming service

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

you don't need premium to use spotify but you do need premium to make the ps4 app worth a drat. controlling it via your phone or w/e else is something you can't do with the free membership and the actual ps4 app itself is incredibly bad without that function

you don't need ps+ but you should have that anyway

Cool. I do have ps+, I got it for Little Big Planet 3 (which is adorable as hell :3:) for free

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

That Flash Sale on right now is heck of good

Second Son for $8

Bloodborne Complete for $18

GTAV for $30

got DSII and a whole bunch of indie games

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

hell yes external HDD support so I don't have to uninstall things or having my clumsy, stupid fingers near hard drives!

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh yeah...and SMT4 Final which I have barely started.

Same. I got it the week before Pokemon came out and then I got the PS4 and like 30 games for that that I've only beaten 2 of

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

By the way, has anyone used a portable hard drive on their PS4 yet and if so, does it have any problems with speed?

I've had no issues so far with speed on my external drive and Slim :)

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Guillermus posted:

What's a good brand for an external drive for my PS4? I've always had Toshiba or WD for my computers and never got issues with them so far.

I got the Seagate 1TB Backup Plus, it was in one of the guides that was posted either in the thread for replacing the internal hdd with.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

Just five? Lol

I have like 30 because I've just bought a PS4 and I keep getting games on sale and I've only beat 3 of them :shepface:

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Same. I got The Last of Us remastered, and that's about it that's got my eye

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Uncle w Benefits posted:

Is anyone playing FF XV still?

It's reminded me that I should play it since I've had it since January and am only on chapter 2 :v:

i need to stop buying games

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Xaris posted:

I'm sure their VERY deep and upmost concern about turning the plot threads into a coherent and satisfying story for all their fans whom they absolutely love is 100% S-E's entire reason that it's taken over a dec-ahaha

After Dream Drop Distance, I want maximum incoherent insanity.Just bring the full force of Xehanort on me. Make me a Xehanort, game

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Fuzz posted:

I find it amazing how young most goon gamers are when they ask what style of game Telltale games are... There was a period of literally 2 decades where adventure games were the bread and butter of gaming, mainly due to technological limitations" telling a good story.

Y'all are too young.

90% of those were on the computer, and when i was a kid i spent more of my time on ms comic chat than playing games on it. the rest of my time as a kid were awful N64 games like Superman 64

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Snak posted:

Wait, wiimotes work on ps4?

yeah you can put them on the ps4 (i recommend something not-permanent, like tape), and you can tilt the PS4 to play games on the wii/u

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Snak posted:

Wait, wiimotes work on ps4?

It was from a view pages ago. wii remotes will work on the ps4 :v:

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

I've been playing through the Dark Souls series for the first time after beating Bloodborne. I beat DS1 on the 360 Wednesday night.

I booted up the PS4 version of 2, Scholars of the First Sin. It runs smoothly, and hasn't become a power point presentation yet. I'm weirded out and terrified a bit :stare:

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

haveblue posted:

I would buy a PS4 rerelease of Heavenly Sword and no one else would.

i'd get it because it looked neat, but never had a ps3 to play it

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

verbal enema posted:

Is it too late to say Life is Strange loving owns

Why no one tell me about this good game. :c

i got it from ps+ and i'm enjoying it :)

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

I think I might go with Persona 5, only because I've wanted to play an Megaten game for a long time now, and while I still want to play it at some point, the demo for Nier: Automata didn't really grab me.

This might be better suited to the Shin Megami Tensei thread, but what's the gameplay in Persona 5 like? I've been reading the SMT 1 LP in the Archive, and I'm wondering if P5 is similar to it, or if it has stuff like the demon fusing.

There's pretty big differences, due to time changing design philosophies(think of how different Pokemon Red is from Pokemon Sun). It does have demon fusing, elemental weaknesses give bonus turns, and there's a social simulation aspect that gives bonuses in and out of combat. If you want more of an idea of what Persona 5 is like, look at the LP's of Persona 3 or 4, since they're the closest in gameplay.

PenguinKnight fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 14, 2017

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

I think you should be able to have the DLC installed afterward and access it

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Knack 2 is gonna make it obsolete. Just wait for that to be 6 dollars in 2019

might as well wait for Knack 3

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Yes, me. I was never able to play it when it first came out, so I hope it's true!

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

if away is like a modern space station silicon valley but without all the rockets that would be cool

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

listening to this guy is chill as hell

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Sending ear pix to Sony

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

I like it. I wish they’d mention battery life, but it’s probably still too early for that.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Sackboy game looks fun :)

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

eonwe posted:

id play furry FLCL, idgaf

:hai:

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

This games style is :3:

Adbot