Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

I have a question about how the cloud saves work with multiple PS4 systems. I want to get a PS4 Pro for my downstairs TV and move my current regular PS4 upstairs to the other TV. If I do this, will I be able to use my account and PSN games on both systems? If yes, how do cloud saves work with this setup? Will I be able to run dailies on, for example, Destiny 2, Everybody's Golf, and Nioh, and will the progress save and transfer across the two systems? Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Araki posted:

I don't get the Yokai realm purification stuff in Nioh. I know I have to get a perfect Ki charge, but I'm not sure where or when. Do I need to be near or in the swirling vortex thing? Do I need to get the charge while fighting the demon that pops out, or before, or after? Most importantly, how do I know that it actually worked? The tutorial mission and text aren't very helpful.

You need to stand inside the yokai realm, although there are skills to extend your radius for that. The only thing that matters is standing in/near enough to the yokai realm, and ki pulsing. If it works, the yokai realm will go away.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Make sure you get your Kiryu skin for Fist of the North Star. It’s free for the next two weeks.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0177-CUSA12776_00-EX00000000000000

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Video Graves posted:

I am having a strange Spotify issue and I wondered if anyone else experienced similar.

I don't know about this specific issue, but have you tried using the Spotify app and logging out/back in?

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Dutch in Red Dead reminded me of someone put I couldn't but my finger on it until now. He's Julian from Trailer Park Boys.

Not mine:

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

My trick for sharing PS4 screenshots (more) easily is to send the screenshots as PS messages to one of my secondary accounts (for example, if you have a JPN account for demos or something like that). Then I use the PS Messages app to save the screenshots to my phone.

This method is easier for me than going through a USB drive or Twitter or whatever. Still more of a pain in the butt than it should be.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

If I buy the Everybody’s Golf DLC courses, can I play those online with my friends if they don’t own it, or do they need to buy the DLC as well?

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Maigius posted:

I'm having a weird issue with my PS4 Pro. I was playing Tetris effect, and did something, I think turn on the hdr. The screen reverted to the check input screen of the tv and nothing did anything on the controller. I unplugged the PS4 and when I plugged it back in it went through the system check thing, turned off and back on with two beeps. Now the bar is white and the system isn't sending a picture to the tv. Any ideas on what happened and how to fix it?

Edit: plugging it into the older tv and playing with the settings seemed to fix things :psyduck:, even on the fancy tv. Could the hdmi cord not support things?

I have had problems with old/bad HDMI cords not supporting HDR, yes. Get some new cables that say they support 4K/HDR, which should be pretty much all cables you can buy now.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

bows1 posted:

Anyone familiar with Game Design companies or gaming-adjacent industries in the Austin TX area? Im working on a little docu-series and looking for some smaller (not AAA companies) that might let us come in and talk to them / bring some students in to see what they are working on.

Bluepoint Games, but they’re pretty secretive.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Nioh is love. Nioh is life.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Neo Rasa posted:

In the Nioh 2 alpha there's a pink mushroom kid that can be interacted with but what am I actually supposed to give them or do?

Give it an item. They seem to respond well to soul cores, but I haven't experimented much with them. They don't like certain items like dung balls.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

WaltherFeng posted:

Reminds me how me and my friend manipulated the matchmaking just so we could play together.

Whoa now, hold up. How did you do this?

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

:butt:borne

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm about to start Nioh thanks to PS+. I never ended up getting it before because my experience with the two demos was pretty negative. I would like to enjoy it though, so I'm hoping with the full game's context I can finally get the hang of it.

Any big secret that'll let me instantly love it?

Not to rehash the argument from several pages ago, but I think it helps to set your expectations for what Nioh is going into it. It definitely does have elements of the Souls games, like the death and recovery mechanics, but I fall more on the side of thinking Nioh isn't really a Souls game. It's more like a Diablo game in regards to structure and loop and loot, but with the action combat mechanics of a character action game like Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry (kind of).

All that said, experiment with the different weapon types to find something you like. Take your time to learn the stances and ki mechanics, they will click eventually but the initial learning curve can be hard.

Don't get too distracted by the loot systems. I know this is one of the biggest complaints I've seen. You can basically ignore all white and yellow gear. For the early game, I'd just focus on equipping weapons that you like that increase your stats, and armors that increase your stats without weighing you down too much (pay attention to your Equipment Weight stats). You'll quickly learn what weapons and armors you like, and then you can pay more attention to the loot while feeling less overwhelmed by all the stats and numbers. Use the filtering options (touchpad button) to ditch your garbage quickly. I usually donate my whites and yellows to the shrines for amrita and items, and deconstruct the blues and purples I don't want for crafting materials.

Don't be afraid to summon help if you need it. Use Ochoko Cups (which can be farmed easily from the red revenant graves) at the shrines to summon a guest into your game.

Nioh is a great game and my favorite from 2017. I'm super hyped for the sequel.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

I’ve always preferred a 5-point/star rating system, where each value represents a bucket instead of a scientifically quantifiable measurement.

1 Star: Terrible
2: Bad
3: Average/Okay/Decent
4: Good!
5: Excellent!

All numerical ratings are absolute nonsense, as exemplified by the infamous Zelda 8.8 and too many other examples to recount. I hate that it leads people to naturally compare games across genres or even within genres when it doesn’t make any sense at all to do this. How is a game that gets a 9.5 any better or more valuable than a 9.4, or whatever. WHO CARES

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Minecraft and Crash Team Racing.

Also, Hori makes these gamepads which are designed for smaller hands: https://stores.horiusa.com/wired-mini-gamepad-black/

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Vikar Jerome posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

holyfuckingshit, beth are updating doom 1 and 2 recently released ports with 60fps, aspect ratios plus Final Doom and No Rest for the Living, loving SIGIL and Community WADs for the doom 1 and 2 ports ON ALL CONSOLES FOR FREE.

was just annouced on the twitch, apparently. https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

This is nice, but are they going to update them to include online play? I really want that feature too.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

He just tweeted saying it's not a first-party game.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1205294989519007745

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

To be fair, not every person is entitled to watch Uncut Gems.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

veni veni veni posted:

I'd like to see them cap off the series with Donut Drake.

I miss Donut Drake.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Here are my impressions so far of the back button attachment.

I like it a lot! Installation is easy: Just snap it into your DualShock 4 while it's powered off. It fits snugly and feels very secure; no wiggle or give.

It adds a little bit of bulk and heft to the controller. It's a noticeable amount of additional weight, but not enough to be uncomfortable or anything like that. I haven’t noticed a significant impact on battery life.

It will potentially change your grip of the controller a little bit. For people that only keep your two index fingers up top for L1/L2/R1/R2, your middle fingers will fall naturally onto the back buttons. For people that keep both index and middle fingers up top for L1/L2/R1/R2 (this is how I grip), your ring fingers will fall naturally onto the back buttons.

The action for pressing the back buttons is more like moving whatever fingers you have on them outwards, not upwards (towards the top of the controller). The buttons are clicky and have a nice action and very short travel on them. They're resistant enough to prevent most accidental clicks I would think, but you will probably hit them accidentally for a bit while you learn how to use them.

Programming the buttons is easy and intuitive. Click the screen/circle on the back to show your current profile. Hold the button down to edit the current profile, then press the back buttons to cycle through the available assignments (you can also hold the back buttons down to scroll through the available assignments). Double-press to switch profiles; the device supports up to 3 profiles.

One thing to keep in mind is that the left and right sides are swapped when looking at the back of the controller. Might seem obvious, but I originally set up my buttons backwards because I didn't think it through, and then noticed it immediately when I held the controller normally and pressed the back buttons, lol. This would be easily remedied if the back buttons were labeled “R” and “L”, but there are no such markings on this accessory.

These are all of the 16 available assignments (listed in the order they cycle on the device):
- Triangle, Circle, X (Cross), Square
- Up, Right, Down, Left on the d-pad
- L1, R1, L2, R2, L3, R3
- Options
- No assignment

As you can see, the Share button and Touchpad are not available. Also, no button combinations.

The main thing I've used this for so far is Horizon Zero Dawn, which I was almost done playing before I got the device. I set my back buttons to heal (Up on d-pad) on the left and dodge/roll (Circle) on the right, so I can perform those actions while in the middle of combat and without having to take my thumbs off the sticks. It works great! I feel like I have much more mobility and control, after I got past the first few awkward minutes of trying to remember they were there and basically learning how to use them. I can see these being very useful in any 3D action game and any shooters. I'm curious and excited to see what other applications I can find for it in other genres.

Overall, I like it a lot and I think the price is very reasonable to get this feature without needing to upgrade to a much more expensive "pro" controller. I got it at Walmart for $25 and it's totally worth it. I'm excited to see if this feature is built into the DualShock 5!

Last point: this accessory will work fine with almost any PC application (Steam, other drivers, etc), any other accessory to use a DS4 on any non-PlayStation systems, and probably mobile phones/iPhones (though I did not test this), since all it does is remap two existing buttons.

Baggot fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 21, 2020

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

I’ve never had a problem clicking the sticks but I understand why others might not like it.

I hope the back buttons on the DS5 can be used as L4/R4 or whatever instead of only mapping to existing buttons.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

acksplode posted:

What if they EXTREMELY talk to their publisher to understand what their sales figures are in various territories. I bet they do that. Also Kamiya has 140k followers on Twitter

He's probably blocked double that amount of people.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Have you seen one of the (optional) backer rewards? It's gonna be far more than that soon :v:.

Yes, unfortunately I only backed at the physical copy level and nothing beyond that. :)

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Policenaut posted:

For anyone else who picked up Sims 4 off PS+: EA put all of the DLC on sale today and just didn't tell anyone. All of it is up to 50% off except for a handful of packs/expansions.

Are there any of these that are worth getting?

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Gravity Rush 1 and 2 have one of the most interesting and unique traversal mechanics in recent memory, and I honestly think it nails the sensation of flying better than any other game I can think of. It’s even better when you level up Kat’s skills and can fall even faster and for longer.

Plus, Kat is a fun protagonist with a great personality and attitude despite her rough circumstances. You can’t not like her.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/02/nioh-2-goes-gold

:toot:

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Imhotep posted:

huh, eerie to me how cliffy b also knew this to be true all the way back in 2013

What was this quote referring to? Is this about Bioshock Infinite?

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Vikar Jerome posted:

i think it was about when the xbox one was leaked as being digital only with tons of lovely drm to boot and they handled it as hilarious as you'd expect with poo poo like "if you want discs, buy a 360" and then sony did the best e3 ever where they announced the opposite of that and had that trading with friends video and won this generations war almost instantly. cliffy b, enjoying a good conspiracy theory, figured sony had this planned too but saw the outrage and backed off.

Oh yes, I remember now. Man it’s funny in retrospect how CliffyB turned into (or maybe stagnated as) the prototypical GOOOOOON while most of the forums ended up growing up.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

March’s PS+ games are the Shadow of the Colossus remake, and Sonic Forces. :haw:

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Spacebump posted:

Is there anywhere that currently has US PSN subscriptions on sale? I want to play some games online with my friends again finally and realized I probably missed all the good sales.

You're in luck, CDKeys has PS+ 1-year codes for $35.49, which is about as good a deal on a 1-year sub as you'll ever find.

https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/playstation-plus/1-year-playstation-plus-membership-ps3-ps4-ps-vita-digital-code

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

For my Nioh friends, the last chance trial is up.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA18813_00-NIOH2LASTDEMO0NA

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Spacebump posted:

Thank you for this post. Now I can play games online with my friends again. Going to be a much better weekend for me due to you. My week turned lovely yesterday, this should help make things better.

Happy to help! Have a great gaming weekend!

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Finally beat the first boss in Nioh 2 demo. I thought Nioh had a stats screen that kept track of your deaths but maybe it's not in the demo for Nioh 2? I stopped keeping track after 75 when I started just butting my head against the boss but I think it was probably around 150 deaths in all.

I do feel there are issues with responsiveness and animation lock but I have to admit getting past that was pretty satisfying

If you go to the place where you can see the enemy/boss models, you can see how many times you’ve died to any particular enemy type, including the bosses. I think it’s in your Hut.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

VideoGames posted:

I am waiting to see what everyone here thinks of Doom Eternal before I think about getting it. I think I was one of the very few here who enjoyed it to start with but then got bored and found it quite samey. Especially the hell levels. Based on what people here think and how much fun then have is whether I will get it on sale or not at all.

Now Animal Crossing, there is a game I am tremendously excite for! :D

I just beat Doom 2016 for the first time last week, and while I did enjoy it quite a lot, I feel a little similar to you in the second half of the game. I thought the enemy variety got a lot better once you get to hell, but about 2/3rds of the way through the game I was about ready for it to be over. I'm glad I played through the whole thing and I got all the collectibles and challenge skills and weapon and suit upgrades that you can purchase. I think Eternal looks pretty cool with the additional traversal options like the grappling hook and air dash.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Alright I gotta be honest I’ve been in a really poo poo place lately and it’s been super hard to care about anything especially videogames. I’m not really compelled to play anything currently in my mix. Not even Yakuza even though I finally resubbed my plus for it. Should I grab something new? Force myself back into one I have going? I know you all chatted a bit about mental health and games recently. It’s usually a go to for pulling me out of bad times but lately I haven’t bothered. I miss it even though it’s always available. Brains are loving dumb. I’ve been reading Borges lately for the first time though in my ~actually doing something time~ and man, what a fantastic writer. I would play a Borges game.

What kind of games do you usually play? We’ve been in a bit of a release drought since the beginning of this year, but we’re about to get a whole bunch of big stuff all at once in the next few weeks if any of those sound interesting to you. On the horizon: Nioh 2 (3/13), DOOM Eternal and Animal Crossing (3/20), Resident Evil 3 Remake (4/3), and Final Fantasy 7 Remake (4/10). I’m a bit overwhelmed by all of it tbh.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Samurai Sanders posted:

You're the first person to say you actually like it though. Everyone else has said some variety of "it's easy not to use", including you earlier.

I love Nioh and the loot systems in Nioh. You can completely ignore it and just use bigger numbers on the first playthrough, but where the loot systems really shine are in the postgame where you can use everything you pick up to attempt to craft or re-roll the perfect items and sets, and the build diversity and creativity in Nioh 1 is insane. It’s very much in the vein of Diablo’s loot and sets off the same reward centers in the brain for people that like those kinds of games. Nioh 2 is gonna own.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Yeah I hate all the pressure-sensitive button controls. I wish MGS 2 and 3 would get remastered with modern control schemes, they’re so weird to go back to now.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

JBP posted:

I'm the alien monster that likes Nioh more so it's basically my heaven game.

Same here, what’s your PSN? Maybe we can slash some yokai this weekend. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Finally!!