Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Sakurazuka posted:

Wow the trophies for TLG are pretty hardcore, not much in the way of gimmes just for playing through the game.
The stingiest game in regard to trophies that I've personally played was The Swapper. I actually beat it without getting a single trophy. Now that I look them up they are simply labeled in Roman numerals I through X with no description. Probably some pretentious indie nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

RBA Starblade posted:

In a similar vein to the guy asking a couple pages ago, what's a good set of headphones for the ps4 (don't really need the mic) to pipe ingame audio through? I just realized that the PS4 can do that, and while the basic earbuds do it decently the sound cuts for a second every now and then. That LS30 looks nice but a bit outside the price I was looking for.
Unfortunately I don't think better headphones will fix the sound cutting out. I think it's just a limitation of the audio jack in the controller. Possibly a Bluetooth interference issue? I don't know but it really got on my nerves. If your setup includes a headphone jack anywhere else I'd recommend using that. What I do now is plug headphones into my A/V receiver and use the PS4 camera for voice.

The controller port is a great option in theory but the audio issues killed it for me. Using the system menu for volume adjustments was kind of annoying too but I could live with that if it had been the only problem.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 17, 2017

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Does Bloodborne have any "point of no return" that I should be aware of? I think I'm close to the end. Just want to make sure that when I die on the last boss I'll still respawn at a lantern and be able to travel elsewhere if I want.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Alright cool thanks! I've seen a lot of posts warning first-time players to do the expansion content before NG+, so that's good to know.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I played Hotline Miami 1 when it was free on PS+ and loved it. Bought 2 on PC during a steam sale but haven't started it yet. Is Mouse/KB is really the preferred control method or is there some :thejoke: I'm missing? Was prepared to hook up my 360 controller but I won't bother if that's the case.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Liver Disaster posted:

Playing Hotline Miami with a controller is awful, you can get by (I've beat the first one on vita) but the precision of a mouse is a huge help.
Also 2 has a big problem with wide open rooms and enemies you can't see having guns and shooting you from offscreen, among other nit picky things.
Play Hotline Miami 1 with the music turned up and have a good time.
Huh, well that's good to know, thanks. fwiw I'm about to wrap up Bloodborne so my tolerance for swift, frequent death is at an all-time high.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Spalec posted:

Street fighter is a great comedy movie. Not really faithful to the games from what I know (but lol who cares about a fighting games story).

Also Raul Julia owns as M. Bison so hard.
I also love how the action scenes are like 90% machine gun fights. There's an hadoken or two in there somewhere.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I think reviews have said that the Platinum headsets can work on PC, but without any of the surround processing features.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
The $200 I saved by getting a Slim over a Pro didn't make or break my finances, I just like to think of it as $200 more that I can spend on my next big video game purchase without feeling irresponsible. I'm better off that way since I'll probably be doing something dumb like buying a Switch in its first year.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Sefal posted:

Didn't the multiplayer pass also start to gate SP content.
It was a hosed up thing.
"you dared to buy a second hand copy? Pay 10$ or you want have access to our servers"
The Catwoman stuff in Arkham City immediately springs to mind, and I'm sure there was a lot more of it..

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Is there any way to track your hours in individual games? I was looking through the UI for this and couldn't find anything. 3DS and Wii U have a sortable time log so I just assumed the newer console with a bunch of "social" features would have it as well.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Backward compatibility is fun when it's there and you've skipped a generation. I know I probably shouldn't rely on Wii U and Vita as examples, but after I bought those it was fun playing a handful of Wii/PSP games that I never had access to before.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
A bit late to stick chat but yeah, most retail PS3 sticks can be used on PS4, as long as the game itself supports it.
Using my own collection for reference, Street Fighter V and Mortal Kombat X/XL support it. Injustice 1 and DOA 5 LR do not.
I hear most SNK games support it as well.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

veni veni veni posted:

It's really frustrating. They should have been released together as a package to begin with, but only releasing the first one and not the 2 better ones at all is loving weak. I figured they were just going to roll them out one at time but here we are like 2 years later and only SSW is available.
Aren't the rights for the actual movie Episode IV a bit weird? IIRC Fox still owns distribution rights up until a certain point in time. I'm wondering if that influences video game stuff at all.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Oh neat, I just realized I can add local files to the PC Spotify app, and then play those on PS4. This effectively works like last-gen local streaming (with commercials). I used to shuffle my personal music library on Xbox 360 all the time, so it feels good to have that capability again! I can even skip songs using my phone's lockscreen, which feels so slick.

So what's actually going on under the hood there? I noticed some inconsistency in the album art, which leads me to believe the PS4 is actually finding remote track equivalents hosted on Spotify and playing those. Makes me wonder if I've got a handful of unplayable tracks. I'll have to play around with it a bit.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Moved and got my own internet, so I'm messing with PS4 network settings for the first time. Says I've got NAT 2, with ~100 down and ~60 up. I had the impression that NAT needs to be "open" for good online play; is that the case? Googled around and some people seem to be saying that you're fine as long as you don't have 3.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Sheep posted:

I never finished Bloodborne the first time around, so I started over yesterday and got to the Forgotten Wood by the evening.

Anyways this just came in the mail and felt appropriate, I guess the souls gods are trying to tell me something (probably that I am bad at video games).

:hfive:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Someone in the development chain of literally any product has BAD OPINIONS. It's cool to have convictions but dumb to single out one thing in your sphere of interest and get high and mighty about other people buying/not buying it.

Anyway BURNOUT! I do have a functioning Xbox 360 that's still fully integrated in my entertainment setup, so I'm a bit torn. I try to avoid re-buying stuff these days but man it's stupidly tempting. I guess I never bought the DLC aside from Surf Island, and Spotify support will be nice. The online could be a plus too since I haven't had XBL for a while. Hmm.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
For some reason Tetris Effect, and only Tetris Effect, is posting all my trophies to Facebook. How do I shut that off??

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Anyone have experience playing music files over USB? I just learned this was a thing and it could really be my jam, since I don’t use Spotify much. Any real caveats to be mindful of (HDD size limits, powered vs not powered, etc)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Today I learned about "Dangerous Driving" which is apparently a spiritual successor to Burnout that came out in 2019. Trailer video looks cool.

I'd be so happy if this was good... has anybody played it??