Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Anyone here play Let it Die and like to talk about it? Seems like the thread is more or less dead except for a poster or two that reply. I understand the shortcomings of the game but I'm still having a lot of fun with it at the moment.

Also, $48 for a new physical copy of Nioh off Amazon? Yes please! If it wasn't the souls like combat that drew me in, it was being Japanese as hell minus the creepy fan service. Though I do have a slight fear that Nioh might turn out like another Lords of the Fallen (which I don't really know what happened to that game, people seemed excited for a new souls-like to play) but I've been hearing nothing but good things about it.

Also, for anyone who had any bets, I haven't touched Destiny since the beginning of December. It's nearly impossible to get invested in it again with Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Let it Die and playing through a ton of my backlog right now like a higher difficulty run of Last of Us, Uncharted, and soon Metro Collection.

I wish Uncharted 4 would go down in price, I really want it, just not $60 want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The new Zelda just keeps giving me the "Early access survival game" feeling that I can't shake and worries me. I thought that there was a rumor that they were cancelling the wii u version to sell more Switch consoles?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Let It Die... what the gently caress?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm jealous of anyone who's able to pull themselves away from the current online timesink to play through games that actually have an ending.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

DrNutt posted:

I think after my last week or so of intense Destiny playtime, I'm finally done until Destiny 2. I'm terrible at PvP so very few other online games have any appeal for me. But I can see how it sucks other people in. I put a lot of hours in to COD4 when I had young person reflexes, lived alone, and had very few adult obligations.

*sheds single nostalgia tear*

I feel so weird being out of Destiny right now. It's like when I stopped playing WoW years back. It was my entire gaming hobby. So now I got Let It Die as a fun aside, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, I want to get back into Rainbow Six Siege, I've been getting into Doom 1/2 modding scene, tons of backlog single player games that I've never finished and a bigger log of games I've never played but always wanted to like Earth Defense Force or Homeworld.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'd totally trade in my PS4 for a Destiny-Branded PS4 Pro, even though I don't have a 4k TV yet.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

katkillad2 posted:

Protip for managing your backlog, stop buying games you are never going to play even if they go on sale for $3 dollars or whatever.

hahaha

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Seeing for honor just makes me want to play Mount & Blade. I'm not really dying for a competitive multiplayer environment ala Chilvary, just either a decent single player story or a sandbox. And I don't think the campaign here really warrants the $60 launch price, but reviews may prove otherwise. Either way, If I only want it for single player then I can wait.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

For Honor is the kind of game you buy when it's $20, maybe $30, and play for a couple weeks

Hopefully there will still be players by then.

For whatever reason I find that my most regrettable purchases have been multiplayer games that friends/goons recommend I buy to play with them. I buy them, not have fun alone and never get the chance to play with them for whatever reason.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I know I'm buying Nioh, but I'm also eyeing FF15. Don't know why exactly, I want to like Final Fantasy, and the road trip open world seems like an interesting concept in itself as well.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Goons really really like the word hyperbole

I remember in old GBS every other post had the drat word

Wonder if goons even know how to pronounce it :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KYmdT-9t9Y

Hippie-Bowel?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I don't know why but I have the Doom movie, I haven't watched it in years but I remember hating the loving guts of one of the characters for being really creepy and stuff towards like the single female character in the story.

At least it's better than ULTRAMARINES THE MOVIE COLON HEAD WOUND COLON FATAL.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Looks like it's time for a new controller.

What the Right Stick reads half the time I push right on it,

What it should read when I press the right stick or I wiggle it up and down every-loving-time I start to turn right,

So, in practice, it means half the time I press right I'm turning 25% slower, the other half I'm going full speed.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Well I like Let It Die, but it just ended up making me want to go back and play the actual Souls games so I'm doing that instead of the perpetual grind. Probably for the best.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Sakurazuka posted:

I honestly can't imagine how they could have made it any more boring

It feels like Ubisoft is trying to... "Ubisoft" their multiplayer games by either having them copy the format of Siege for competitive round-based games or The Division for anything co-op. But I could be completely wrong because I've only seen a bit of gameplay footage here and there. I don't really want an online co-op ghost recon, I want a sandbox single player ghost recon.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

poptart_fairy posted:

Depends what you mean, really. The AI buddies in singleplayer are invisible to the enemy unless you engage in open combat and are pretty much a glorified multi-kill mechanic. Game just gets a whole lot funnier with four people because you're no longer a well oiled machine - just a bunch of gently caress-ups no doubt off their arse on beer and/or some sort of stimulant. :v:

If you want to micro-manage an entire team then yeah, I can see why this wouldn't appeal.

Not so much the micromanage team part as much as it seems unfit of "The Tom Clancy BRAAAAND(brand... brand... brand)" to basically be a game about stumbling from one teammate made gently caress up to another. Would be cool under a less serious premise.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Any Titanfall 2 owners had trouble updating the game to version 1.07? Just fails to download after trying for a second. Cleared out all previous download/upload notifications. And on that point I'm really disappointed that Sony got rid of the ability to delete any other kind of notification. So many expired invite notifications I can't get rid of. You can get rid of notifications for downloads/uploads, and yet it will still bug out and fail any uploads if you have too many upload notifications still hanging around without deleting.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Killing Floor 2 is pretty rad so I'm glad I got to get it through PS+, but I'm having a difficult time finding online matches in a timely manner. I guess because it's split up between US East, West and Central. No clue which one stays more populated. Any advice on that so I can get into matches quicker?

Edit: Oh I'm getting Connection Failed Server is already at capacity so I guess I just can't matchmake at all.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 7, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I guess now we see why they ended up giving it away as a PS+ title. :v:

But seriously I already know I'm not going to be spending money on these drat crates.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
UI/Text size should be mandatory in the options menu. Since a lot of you need the text bigger for playing on your couch, and I usually want my UI smaller so it doesn't feel like a cluster gently caress when I play from my desk.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So I played a good bit of Killing Floor 2 yesterday, and I'm playing some more today. I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. I think it's a good game, fun to play. The animations are pretty drat good. I haven't noticed much in the way of performance problems even in the most hectic situations.

Although the biggest problem is that it's kinda technically broken. My second match had an infinite loading screen I had to close out of. A little after that I had the game freeze as soon as I joined the lobby. And I've had a lot of issues finding games through matchmaking until I told it to not allow in-progress games. I'm unsure how much I care about having to queue up for a specific region instead of just ticking boxes to allow it to accept matches from US west, east or central. Since it doesn't tell you how many players are on a given server you just have to try matchmaking on one, give up and then switch to another until you find a match.

Pubbies are okay too, at least on Normal. For matches to start everyone has to ready up or wait like 2 minutes for it to auto-start. Some pubbies are just too oblivious to ready up, and others are impatient and will leave if someone isn't readying up. Sometimes pubbies will rage quit on death, especially on the boss. Kinda wish there was a "Down but not out" state mechanic in the game to be able to revive teammates like Left 4 Dead, or revive them from range if you're using medic guns. Especially on The Patriarch, one of the bosses that can one-shot you if you aren't paying attention to his attack tells.

I think I'll play a fair amount of KF2, at least until I level up every perk to max and maybe get a fair amount of trophies. I got to play a match with a fellow Destiny goon and it's definitely fun to play with friends on comms. Hey, for a PS+ title you can do a lot worse, so I say give it a shot. Wouldn't recommend buying keys to open their loot boxes. It just feels kinda scummy. I'm not a fan of RNG loot boxes, especially ones that make you pay for them.

Samurai Sanders posted:

How many people are actually going to buy Shenmue 3? I'm sure it has a number of hardcore fans with only the most beautiful memories about the first two games and they will buy like ten copies each but other than that...

I feel like I need to go back and play the first two games if I want to get into the third. So many drat games I never heard about before becoming a goon, and before I started playing on Playstation, like the Yakuza games, that I want to play eventually.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

homeless snail posted:

Same, but instead about Knack 2

I liked the first 3/4s of Knack.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I wish there was an Armored Core remaster collection for the PS4.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I got to say, I really love the introduction to Horizon: Zero Dawn. It just executes on its premise really well, and has a great buildup and decent pay off from beginning to the end of the intro chapter.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So glad we finally got folders. I got one for Disc games installed, one for digital, and want that I call "gently caress you Playstation Vue and Share Factory get off my dash".

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
It still pisses me off that they took away the ability to delete notifications and old party/chat invites. Like what the gently caress possessed them when myself and most likely others just wanted a Delete All/Delete Multiple system like when deleting anything off the HDD.

Why yes I want all these out of date invites to stay forever, and make sure I have to delete upload/download notifications one at a time. And make sure if I have too many of those notifications then the console will refuse to download/upload anything new.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I haven't really come into any missions that would auto-fail if you were spotted. And the stealth system is flexible enough that you can simply avoid vision cones and not be seen.

The tall grass is there for when a watcher is staring at you. But you can crouch walk up to a watcher from behind and stealth-kill it all the same. If you have aim and the enemy is weak enough you can kill it with a single bow shot and still not arouse suspicion. The machines that put their head down to feed are even easier because you can just stealth walk right in front of it and they won't see you until they pull their head up.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I just find it hard to feel engaged in the light-stealth mechanics of games not designed around not being seen. I find it okay in Horizon Zero Dawn mainly for the conceit of you trying to hunt game instead of Far Cry where you are distracting toddler AI soldiers.

For Far Cry I rather they just made the combat more robust than making sure their crappy stealth system works. But HZD is different for me and not really a problem. Definitely not a problem because several games use bushes.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

verbal enema posted:

Link is an L-Type Android

2L, friends call him Tool.

His ipad is filled with anime music videos.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Digirat posted:

Metro last light is the only game I've played where the stealth felt entirely too easy to the point of making the game boring. They switched from the four visibility levels on your watch that 2033 had to a simpler system where a light on your watch just tells you whether you are or aren't invisible, and you are 100% silent while crouched. It's quite easy to stay in enough darkness that you're considered invisible, so you can just trivially glide around punching out everyone and it's a bit lame. They basically swung in the opposite direction of 2033, which had like three sections in the whole game you could stealth and you had to be unbelievably good to actually get all the way through them without getting detected, and once you were detected there was no going back.

I don't remember 2033 having multiple stealth levels. I think what did it more for me is having a non-lethal knockout option. Seems cheap to be able to just systematically knock everyone out then make whatever noise you want.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Isn't For Honor dead, though?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
HZD is such a screenshot machine for me. I love how this game looks:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
How did you manage to fall to your death in Nier... seriously?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
God drat that's so loving cool. Jealous of cosplayer skill to make these amazing costumes.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

exquisite tea posted:

Horizon 2 really needs to have a cute watcher companion that teaches Aloy the power of friendship.

Wouldn't that be basically ReCore?

Also I would absolutely love that. Like a dog companion.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Snak posted:

Aloy is basically what I want out of an open-world protagonist. There is almost no dissonance between what you are capable of doing as her in gameplay, versus what she bekieves she's capable of in cutscenes.

One of my favorite bits in the game is when someone is like "they won't open the gate until the whole valley is clear of dinosaurs" and Aloy is like "okay, I'm on it". "We don't have any braves to send, you'll have to​ wait" "Did I say I needed help?"

I remember that scene. I actually was doing all the open world objectives I could before moving on, so when it came to that Aloy just quiped "Oh, I already took care of them"

"What? How?"

"I'm really good with a bow."

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I guess I'm alone in liking both games pretty much equally because good games are cool and fun.

I finally picked up Witcher 3 season pass since it's still $12. Going to start a brand new game on Blood And Broken Bones difficulty. Wondering the recommended levels or parts in the story to access the DLC. (I've already beaten the game, so I don't mind talking about story spoilers. I'd just spoiler tag them for others, just to be safe.)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Digirat posted:

DLCs are designed to be done at the end of the game, like level 30-35 for heart of stone. But there's an option for the game to just hand you a save at level 30 if you want to go straight to the DLC without playing the whole game again.

I guess my completionist mentality had me end the game the first time around at around 40 something. Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll stick with replaying through the main game first unless I get really frustrated with it, which I doubt because open world RPGs, leveling/gear grinding and checklists are my loving jam.

Edit: Jesus, 20GBs of updates for newly installed Witcher 3, not including the DLC.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 16, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I find it really hard to go back to DS1. I might have never liked it all that much to begin with. Demon's Soul's is a nice experiment of a game, but Bloodborne remains king. Although I've yet to play Dark Souls 3, drat price tags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's absolutely brilliant. Most fun I've had in a multiplayer shooter in years and the single player is excellent.
It's an absolute tragedy EA put it out to die between COD and BF

Not gonna let that happen! *buys another prime titan*