Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Fallout 5 looking good

They finally got some better character animations too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lobok posted:

If you don't scour every part of the maps are you missing out on fantastic loot or interesting battles or character relationship tidbits, etc.?

No. All of the side content is garbage.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Better a good game you can play for a month than a lovely indie you delete after 30 seconds.

I can't really think of any NES games I'd like to play for more than 10 minutes anymore

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Morby posted:

They're not marketing it solely as a handheld, though. And they are still planning to support the 3DS for at least the next year or two.

Yeah just like they supported the GBA when the DS came out and the DS when the 3DS came out.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

:siren: I am not going to get a pro :siren:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, SWTOR was a different studio. EA just liked to call all their studios some variation of Bioware when it was made.

Which means that Bioware's last games were DA2, ME3 and DAI, which doesn't exactly fill me with confidence about Andromeda

Andrast fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 21, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Alder posted:

I like the DA series but I bought them all at a significant discount so I'm biased. Also why did they close their official forums?

Probably because they were garbage.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Using p2p is pretty much the publisher saying that they don't care about the quality of their multiplayer title

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sefal posted:

I put in a few hours into DAI and got distracted. I never booted up Witcher 3
Witcher 3 seems like a game I should play on a long weekend.

You're not going to beat Witcher 3 in a (long) weekend

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

tyranny is ex obsidian dudes, torment is also ex obsidian dudes, pillars of eternity is same said dudes

Tyranny is an Obsidian game though?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nintendo shouldn't stop making consoles because they are the only company who can make successful/non-garbage handhelds.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 12, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

Vita was an awesome handheld, ruined by overpriced proprietary storage and the fact that it had to compete with a Nintendo handheld.

and terrible first-party support

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What is good to play on the Vita if I don't like anime?

If you don't care for JRPGs there honestly isn't much there.

Soul Sacrifice was pretty good.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

It would have taken less time just to play it....

The Giant Bomb endurance run of P4 is great.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bloodychill posted:

The rear touchpad and 3G were hilarious garbage but they weren't considered "essential" like the loving joycons

God drat it nintendo why does everything have to have a lovely gimmick

The joycons work fine?

(Aside from the dumb left joycon connection issues)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bloodychill posted:

The rear touch pad "worked fine" but it was still annoying and pointless.

What's your I ssue with the joycons? Like the HD rumble thing is probably useless but otherwise they do their job.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bloodychill posted:

I'd edited my post while you were mid-reply. In any case, I find the concept of detached side controllers to be pointless.

How are you supposed to play on the TV then? Make everyone buy the pro controller?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

precision posted:

I wish the Switch were a handheld primarily. Slap an HDMI out on it if you have to but forget the stupid detachable joycon poo poo

There is nothing stopping you from using it as just a handheld

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bloodychill posted:

The crappy battery life. Even so, when I eventually get one since it will probably be the only way to play Pikmin 4 and obviously new Mario, this is exactly what I'll do.

The 3DS has crappy battery life too.

The battery life is also a lot better when you aren't playing something as demanding as BOTW. I'm pretty sure you can get like 7-8 hours out of it when you are playing shovel knight. That doesn't really help when BOTW is like only game on it so far though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

HD rumble is good in Fast RMX but probably the worst rumble I've ever felt in any game for Zelda.

Zelda has a lot of things that make it very clear that is was originally supposed to be a Wii U game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

precision posted:

The number of games that use rumble in a good way is a very low number

Which is why I never got the outrage when Sony didn't have rumble in the sixaxis. It al out never brings anything to the table.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MZ posted:

I've finished up the main quests of Witcher 3 + Hearts of Stone, 100 hours in, and still 200 undiscovered locations on the map :psyduck:

How long is Blood & Wine?

Most the undiscovered locations in Witcher 3 are pointless busywork with nothing of value in them. Just skip them.

I think Blood & Wine took me something like 20-30 hours.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I disagree with most of this tbh

it's at best mediocre and at worst the low point of the series (barring andromeda, which I know nothing about)

Tuchanka was good.

That's it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Play Horizon first it's loving amazing.

Play Nier first it's loving amazing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

fridge corn posted:

I have less than zero interest in playing that game

Get some interest then, it's fantastic

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

fridge corn posted:

But can you offer any defense to the accusations? 🤔

He did in fact post quotes to your bad posts. I'm not sure what other proof you need.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

fridge corn posted:

No he just balked at the suggestion that the character looks slutty but didn't offer and evidence of explanation to the contrary

This conversation is not constructive so I don't wish to continue it. I don't see how my posts highlighting a obviously highly problematic issue in a video game could be considered "bad" other than people seem to have been offended by it.

Are you being obtuse on purpose? People were fine with you objecting to the sexualization of the characters in the game, they weren't fine with using the term "slutty" and especially not with "paedo".

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

After getting used SSD load times on a PC, pretty much all console load times feel like they last forever

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It works fine but the latency is really noticeable.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I disappointed that you got a good game over the other good game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Pro tip, never do a melee attack and she will feel much more controllable. gently caress the melee attack. They should have made it only context usable.

The melee attack is really good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

How the gently caress did Nintendo spend five years making the switch and not have a Pokemon or mario game ready for release, considering the miserable failure of the WiiU. They're unbelievable.
It's not like Sony or ms where they can coast on goodwill.

Blows my mind.

They had Zelda for the release and Mario is coming for the holidays.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Quite the line up there.

Welcome to console launches I guess

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sunning posted:

- Zelda is also on the Wii U

Nobody owns a Wii U so Zelda is basically a Switch exclusive

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

The Switch is the thing you buy if you wanna play Nintendo games. I don't think anyone is under the illusion that it's somehow going to pull in vast unprecedented third party support at this point.

I like the idea of the Switch getting indie support and games that were previously on the 3DS (Like monster hunter and JRPGs) while also getting all of the main line Nintendo stuff.

Policenaut posted:

It also doesn't help that the current trend is third party games are $10 more expensive on Switch than on PC/PS4/Xbox One. Games like Puyo Puyo Tetris*, Rime, and Minecraft: Story Mode.

That's probably just the new console tax. It will hopefully get better as time goes on.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Well in Rime's case the developers said that it's far more expensive to manufacture the cartridges than it is to print Blu-ray discs. I know Puyo Puyo Tetris is $10 more because they threw in a bunch of dumb keychains but as far as I know there's no excuse as to why the Minecraft game is $10 more at retail.

Are those games only more expensive when you get a physical copy or also on the eshop?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Instant Grat posted:

Even Nintendo is terrified of pissing off retail, so they price everything at retail MSPR until digital sales or price degradation happen (which they don't, because Nintendo).

None of those listed games is Nintendo published though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

$40 for Binding of Isaac is completely insane.

It's not that much cheaper on steam if you are also buying both expansions.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Significantly more poop, in fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

The Playstation 4 is apparently for twee indie games, BB and very recently HZD, if my library is anything to go by.

That's not very different from my library except that I also played Nioh (and soon Persona 5)