Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Alright fine I guess I'll get Last Guardian since everyone keeps talking about it. I'm not a 100% cheevos dude by any means, how long?

I know it's a bit unique: comparable to any other game?

I took a leisurely and exploratory pace and got the 15 hour achievement so easily less than that. It's a great and beautiful game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Weavered posted:

In what world is this not hideous? It looks like my nephew has been loving around with the contrast and colour settings on the TV.

Your nephew is a talented genius

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I can't believe Gravity Rush 2 prompted a man to lose his mind

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's probably a conspiracy imo

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

haveblue posted:

*presses go that way button*

*trico moos and ignores you*

trico-kun!!! *forehead veins*

Did you watch me playing the game :tinfoil:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You're trying to get to the tower which you first see like 15 minutes in....

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

haveblue posted:

Yeah, it might be a little hazy *why* you're doing it but I never got confused as to which way the exit was.

It's hazy at first yeah but eventually I figured out that with Trico's healing wings, he wanted to get to the top of the tower because it was the only place high enough to let him fly over the wall.

I genuinely found TLG a really fun and enjoyable game. I loved every minute of it. :shrug:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't really feel that the kick is worse than the first game, but it's important to note that GR2 encourages you to use it way less because the stasis field is actually incredibly good now. I use it in combat constantly now wheras I avoided it as much as possible in the first game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

I'm just salty about that beefed up boss in one of the planes that I heard about in the announcements. So many instances of grav kick deciding to aim for weak spots that I did not have line of sight to and missing because of it.

Yeah you don't wanna get close to those guys. Use the stasis field and dodge his ranged attacks.

Combat actually feels awesome in this game because you can chain together all your tools and never stop moving. Unlike the first one it no longer feels like an obstacle to get past to get to the good parts.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

How are the online treasure hunts supposed to work in GR2? I found the spot, it's beeping fast. Now what do I do?

There's an actual treasure chest. The picture is to guide you to the area and the beeping speeds up as you near the chest. You gotta find it and open it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

If it's a bullshit picture that is interfering with you finding the treasure chest it's the person who took the picture's loss, since no one will ever find it and they won't get a reward.

Yeah I've just not been bothering with ones that have lovely pictures. There was one near the Banga that was just a super zoomed in shot of a railing. Real helpful

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

How do you use the poses and stuff? It goes into first person in camera mode

L1 brings out the tripod so you can be in the shot. Then down on the dpad brings up gestures

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Nope. You can backtrack any time you want regardless.

Unless you beat the final boss in which case it kicks you right into NG+

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RC Cola posted:

How is gravity rush 2?

It's great

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RC Cola posted:

I guess I mean in comparison to the first game and is it worth $60

It's great

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

I'm really curious how you interpreted that game as a collectathon. Nothing from either the first game nor the demo indicates that at all.

I guess you collect gems as you fly around??? But having a currency you find in the world doesn't make a game a collectathon

The gravity rush games are the best flying superhero games I've ever played

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Guys Gravity Rush 2 is so much more insane than the first game if you liked the first one at all please play it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm really loving it but the entire first chapter is poison for people with no patience for it to get good.

That's dumb

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

sorry for the hot take on this excellent game

No i just mean the people who can't get through the first half hour to get to the amazing parts are dumb

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

acksplode posted:

Is it worth playing Gravity Rush 1 before moving onto GR2? With the understanding that I have a backlog and a job and poo poo.

Well 1 is a good game too and 2's insane story will be incomprehensible without context from the first one. But it's up to you how much you care about all that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

last I checked, only about half of the people on steam that've played dark souls 2 have beaten the first boss; 1/5 of the people that have started the game quit before getting the achievement for dying

most people don't finish the games they buy and a lot of them don't even get that far. they especially don't finish games if they don't hook them early. I'm sure persona 4 dropped a bunch of people from the hours long intro as well

And they disgust me

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The AI is good. TLG is a great game and I've never played anything like it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

Intentionally bad is still bad, hth

It's intentional and good actually

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

KrayG is Australian Mook 2017.

Austrian Mook was occasionally funny

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Soft Shell Crab posted:

He really wasn't. I need some proof at least.

Maybe I just have rose tinted glasses for the dead

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Szurumbur posted:

I need help with screen settings (not 4k stuff) - some of my games (Darkest Dungeon, Atelier Sophie) seem to have their screens bigger than my TV, and so a part of the display is cut off. I've tried minimizing the display size in options, but it changed nothing. Normally whatever the game display size is corresponds to what I set in Options (and I've set it to the edge of the screen), so I don't know if it's a problem with those particular games, or is there anything I can do - it's not a huge problem, but it just looks bad.

I ran into this same problem last night with Jotun. I tried fooling with my tv settings but couldn't find anything wrong there either. It's weird.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

My backlog exists but it's entirely made up of things I haven't already purchased.

I dunno if that's better or worse

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Ive already given square Enix too much of my money in the last 6 months, persona 5 is anime, and I'm not planning on buying a switch anytime soon so none of those count I'm afraid

Yikes

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Get the one where you play as a hyper anime hero in a magical post-apocalyptic land filled with weird robots.

I laughed

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

98% of japanese people would think that scene was weird, also

Don't you know entire countries are to blame for everything anyone within them produces

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Instant Grat posted:

I feel like Gravity Rush 2's online services have some kind of vendetta against me.

I've done at least 15 treasure hunts from other people's photos, but a grand total of 0 other players have done the same with mine. I've rated about 20 photos from other people, and uploaded at least as many of my own, and it's the same thing - 0 Dusty Tokens from other people finding my pictures and giving them a thumbs up. And they're really nice pictures! :(

At least one of the 10 challenges I sent out managed to net me a win...

It's not terribly helpful to you but I think the online stuff takes a good while to show results. I beat the game a while ago and fired it up again recently to check something. While I was playing, none of my treasure hunt photos had gotten any use, but after the game had sat for a few weeks I now had a few thousand tokens.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Instant Grat posted:

I feel like I'm being punished for daring to not start playing the game immediately on launch - I bought it launch day but let it sit for about a month as I was busy plowing through the PS3 Yakuza games.

Nah you're really not. It was the same way back then. It's just something weird about the online services not working perhaps they way they imaagined.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The world isn't allowed to end until the Trails series is complete.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Wonderful 101 is the best game Platinum has made

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Falcom does.

:patriot: but with a Japanese flag

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I started Nier 2 today and managed to die to the first boss which meant I had to replay the entire first section for a THIRD time (since that's what the demo was too). I was briefly pissed but that ended up being good practice and third time through I clowned all over everything. Finally time for some new stuff.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Speaking of Nier 2 now that I'm continuing and have inspected the first shop... is there a reason that it's offering to sell me duplicates of chips I already have? Is there any reason I would ever need more than one or is it just in case you deleted one?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

If you die and lose your body you will lose all your chips that were equipped if you fail to acquire your body.

Manatee Cannon posted:

1) the game has a weird dark souls-esque death system where you lose plug-in chips and have to reclaim them from your body or else you lose them forever (at least I think that's what happens, I didn't really pay attention to what the game told me about that). hell, the checkpoints are basically bonfires. it's weird

2) you can combine chips into higher grade versions. 2 shockwave chips make a shockwave +1; 2 shockwave +1s make a shockwave +2. etc, etc

Ooooh thanks

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

So far I've encountered 4 gag endings and some of therm are really funny.

1. Dying in the prologue. (I was briefly mad about having to replay the whole thing but it wasn't that bad)
2. Taking out my OS chip
3. Self destructing while on the bunker, destroying it
4. When the game told me to immediately go address some dire threat I tried to run off in another direction to do a sidequest and immediately got an ending where we abandoned our mission lmao

This game rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

BECOME AS GODS

BECOME AS GODS