Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Ineffiable posted:

Someone post that kingdom hearts Google Doc.

Basically its all hearts all the way down.

Yes, Please. I can't find it anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
The gameplay of Dream Drop Distance is pretty good. but it suffers from being uninteresting until the last world. Where the game finally decides to let plot happen.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Takoluka posted:

I have it backed up somewhere, I think.

Awesome. Would love it if you could upload it somewhere or share it.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

You are awesome! Thank you

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
ps 4.50 update
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/03/ps4-system-software-update-4-50-features-detailed/

Has anyone gotten an invite to the beta?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
So tempted to pick up Nioh. Still trying to get through Kingdom Hearts 3D 1st

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
This is a longshot and I don't believe/cannot be that it's the OG ps4 that's the problem. But does the metal slug anthology run better on the pro boost mode? no input lag?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

verbal enema posted:

How do I replay the tutorial in future tone I skipped it like a dumbass and after I fiddled with my sound settings to go away with the tish tish I uhh forgot that there is always some new type of goofy button thing.

I figured out the swipes and the things where you gotta hit 2 3 4 buttons at once but there are these like linked buttons that appear. One on each side with lighting between em

Normal mode does not gently caress around and it's also really loving weird playing Miku on a non handheld

This is almost what happened to me.

I've played a hatsune miku game before, don't need it.
Wait what are these buttons inputs. help!

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
it's never too late to play demon's souls

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

irlZaphod posted:

lol if you have an hour or two each day to play video games

:smith:

This is slowly happening to me now.
Play a shitload on the weekends though

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Ramagamma posted:

Usually i spend all day at work day dreaming about playing final fantasy 15 and when i get home I'm tired and hungry and by the time chores and food are taken care of squeezing in a few games of rocket league or binding of isaac or statcraft is far more appealing.

Its these folk that are all halfway through Nioh already that really confuse me. How the gently caress do people find the time? I love videogames but its such a time sensitive hobby, i now understand why so many peopke push them out their life once they have real, adult responsibilities.

this is exactly it. After work, I'm too tired to really get into a game. So I just usually play an hour of overwatch, rocket league, binding of isaac or metal slug. You know, pick up and play games.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Blackfyre posted:

You are assuming you sell the extra Switch for 2x the original cost + ebay and shipping fees I take it.

People sometimes pay crazy for stuff to have it asap

I once flipped a LE of a game I regretted buying that cost 90$ for 280$ (including shipping)

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Blackfyre posted:

What game was that then? I'm very curious.

It was Final Fantasy 13-2 crystal edition

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I've managed to step away from FFXIV for a while now(only for overwatch to take away all my time). But drat. I just keep buying more and more games. some of them are still sealed. I keep telling myself not to buy, only to give in "but If II want itater and if I buy now while it's on sale, i'm saving money" I need to stop that.

Games I've completed
- Destiny (Thank you Goons for the fun times. looking forward to destiny 2)
- Rise of the tomb raider
- Final Fantasy 15
- World of Final Fantasy
- Attack on Titan

Backlog
-Uncharted 4 (started it but never finished it)
-Danganronpa 2
-Aliennation
-Enter the gungeon
-Uncharted 1-3 remaster
-Borderlands handsome collection
-Need for speed
-Kingdom Hearts dream drop distance
-Dragon ball xenoverse 2
-Mirros edge catalyst
-Digimon cyber sleuth
-Toukiden Kiwami
-God eater
-God eater 2
-Diablo 3
-Odin Sphere

And more

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Didn't know there was a doom movie. Going to check that out

Haven't seen it myself but a friends says that the silent hill movie was pretty decent

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Advent Children Complete was a pretty fun movie I enjoyed. Recently re watched it with a friend and I feel that it holds up pretty well as a dumb pop corn movie. Though it is pretty jarring how the new scenes are better looking than the rest.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I stopped liking Ubisoft after AC Unity. But I absolutely loved Rayman Origins and legends. Can they just make a new Rayman game? Hell remaster the 1st Rayman game. It's a timeless classic imo.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

AC:Syndicate is worth your time, it's legit good. Also the original Rayman isn't so much a 'timeless classic' as an exercise in self-harm considering how hard it gets.

I'll take your word for it. I like assassins creed games. 1 bored me when I arrived in the third (or fourth?) city and I had to do the exact same thing as in the previous city's. Then AC 2 came along and it was great.
Rayman gets incredibly hard and it doesn't stop. For me, the difficulty starts ramping up around the band worlds. But still, the look, the feel, the music and the game play have aged incredibly well. I really like how you had to actually save all the little pink guys to unlock the final world.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Morby posted:

PSProStation: buy a loving Samsung KS8000

In the EU this is the samsung KS7000 right?

It's at 1200 euro's now and my old tv still works... Hope it will drop in price

Edit:

Fuzz posted:

Or you just trade some Sony credit card points from the huge stack you have and get it free! :getin:

I wish this was a thing in EU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It bothers me to no end how some of the characters call her "Laura".

I did not notice this. Now I can't unhear it.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Lobok posted:

I'm hoping Microsoft can pull a rabbit out of its hat because I don't think gamers will really benefit if we're left with Sony having a monopoly over consoles (yes yes, except for the Switch). Keeping that competition going would be nice.

Agreed.
If Microsoft had no competition with regards to paying for an online subscription. we'd still be paying 50 bucks for only the privilege to play online. Now, we atleast get some games out of it.
Competition is only good and I hope Microsoft comes up with something great.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Morby posted:

I dunno. I thought the PS2, Xbox OG, GC era was pretty great!

I agree, that was a great era. But we now have lovely things like season passes, dlc, exlcusive preorders that would be awesome if they weren't misused as they are now.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There was certainly never anything like that in the PS2, Xbox and GC error. Now enjoy your Heihachi while I kick rear end with Link in Soul Calibur 2...

I actually forgot about that. Soul calibur 2 was great

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

yeah loving hell, the last few years of the PS3 era were a nightmare for buying 2nd hand games, especially from EA. gently caress em

Didn't the multiplayer pass also start to gate SP content.
It was a hosed up thing.
"you dared to buy a second hand copy? Pay 10$ or you won't have access to our servers"

Edit: spelling

Sefal fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 16, 2017

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Such a shame the series went down the toilet after Soul Calibur 3 :sigh:. It was kind of a shock trying Soul Calibur for the first time on Dreamcast after playing 4 and 5 and realizing just how goddamn good the series used to be.

Yeah. the customization of 3 was incredible. The only bad thing I didn't like about 3 was that one of the modes would corrupt my save after i made some progress in it. Man the opening of soul edge is still so drat good.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I like digital for obscure games

I could not find for example Drakengard anywhere in Amsterdam (this was before I learned about online shopping)
But now there's a (mostly) 24/7 available store that will never run out of games

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
the game shops in my neighborhood are doing deals like. Trade in 2 games with a used value of over 20 bucks and buy this new hot game for 15$

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

The Nier Automata Theme is so nice.

Where do i get this?

Edit: Never mind. It was already answered.

Goddamn it. I already pre ordered the physical version. :shepspends:

Sefal fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Feb 17, 2017

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Nioh seems to be a game i would absolutely enjoy. But I know I wouldn't play it now with Berserk, Zelda and Nier coming soon. Might as well wait and grab it for a cheaper price down the line.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

It's excellent and has some stuff they should have kept in DS3 (dual wielding , bonfire ascetics )

As others have said , the DLC is amazing. It's a huge game and I think I had around 80 hours on my NG play through.

I need to get off my rear end and finish the DLC. I did one of them

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Glad Horizon is reviewing well. The latest stuff had me worried it might have been an disappointment.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
infamous did them well I think? Of course you had to go either full evil or full good to get the full experience.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Ineffiable posted:

Metal gear solid 4 did it first.

Then helped by doing an awesome fist fight after.

That is one of my favorite MGS Fights. How the lifebars change while fighting was pretty good.

Hmm yeah I guess I can't call any other morality game that did it well.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why won't they let me use themes that were preorder bonuses as soon as I make the preorder? What possible logic could there be in that?

I don't think you can even cancel digital pre orders. So that can't be the reason.
But having themes only as preorder bonus should stop. I am willing to pay the 2.99 or whatever for the theme. I am not, however willing to pay 59,99 for the game i already have just to get the theme.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

You can cancel pre-orders though predictably Sony doesn't advertise it or make it easy.
Ah, that's good to know.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
it's amazing that GTA5 still is on the charts. Amazing lasting appeal. (the game is really good)

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I put in a few hours into DAI and got distracted. I never booted up Witcher 3
Witcher 3 seems like a game I should play on a long weekend.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
It would at least give me some time to really get into it. It seems like such a daunting game that you just can't play for an hour or 2.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Oh hey, look at that. Nintendo has the ability to change your username. Maybe Sony can now get their asses off and make that possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I have fate extella. I know nothing about the fate franchise. Im liking it. and i have played it for 3 or so hours. Don't know about the requirements to unlock that character. But after reading all of your reactions, i'm excited