Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Seedge posted:

I had a customer ask to return their Christmas present of Ghostbusters on PS4. I asked why.

"Because it's awful.'

Let me tell you: They were not wrong.

I didn't even know this existed and wow.
Apparently it was so bad the devs went bankrupt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Trump is 70 fuckin years old, he thinks everything is a Nintendo I'm sure.

Out here people still think of consoles as "the Sega" or "the Nintendo". I never even knew what Sega console I had as a kid till we got the internet later on.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This is too little too late, but maybe switching your Guardian Spirit could have helped against Muneshige. Most people stick to the starting one but the other have some relevant buffs I feel.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

I think he's conflating Chinese MMO gold/EXP farmers with online coop.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

How long is a "mission" equivalent to a Dark Soul Boss to Boss?
Think of it as... the entirety of Darkroot Garden and Basin, more or less?
Basically, not small. Someone who knows what they're doing can easily bumrush the boss location though, and there are 4 or so "bonfires" in the area, so around that big.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
He does it in English too. Uncle Death's just kind of a weeb that way.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Feenix posted:

I am so loving ready for NiOh.

They posted one last CG trailer for it and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ7ZDzWdy9E
The very last part of this just tells me more than ever that yep, this is Onimusha.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Feenix posted:

I just meant after the alphas and betas. Just was weird hearing English spoken.

The reason William understands Japanese is the best but also the stupidest thing.
Thank you magical spirit cat for possessing me with your language skills.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Apparently the new ME is aping Fallout 4's dialogue system?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Mass Effect already used that system though?
Did it? What I read mostly focused on dropping Paragon/Renegade for a four choice system. I guess it did in a way give your 3 options and a couple extra sometimes.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
All I can remember from the 2nd movie is Heather screaming nonstop at everything and also the dumbest final action sequence ever.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
What, you expected the Sony AAA open world game to get bad reviews?
After watching the whole game get streamed it really looks average more than anything. It's a shame they messed up a concept as good as "you fight giant robot dinosaurs that rule the world".

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Since everyone was working on Nioh, only Bob from accounting was left to work on Berserk.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am seriously considering buying the Hong Kong version of Nier Automata to play it now

Be very careful you don't accidentally get the Chinese version releasing in two months as there are two versions of the game on the store.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Actual Mass Effect gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9rwdaI8rCo

This looks more like Destiny 2 (with worse combat) than Mass Effect 4.

This character is the worst in every way.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Norns posted:

I'm so glad I have no idea what you guys are going on about

This one time, a kid was walking on the roof with his friends when one of them fell down and died. He found it funny.
Then he became a video game writer.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Endorph posted:

play tales of berseria
Not emptyquoting this.
Also call me a jerk but Aloy feels boringly invincible and super flat.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Just finished the first ending of Nier Automata. Now the real game starts.
I have this dreadful feeling people are gonna quit early thinking they finished the game despite the big fat message going "PLEASE PLAY MORE".

homeless snail posted:

You have link to a scan of that? sounds amazing
It's not the Nintendo articles, but there's a nice video on all the whole legal debacle side of things(they sued Blockbuster and tried to get included in a Congress bill):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3xuy5YALl0

It even mentions the Japanese side of things and why the music rental business stuck around.

HGH fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 5, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh that's beyond fair, I don't really like open world games much and that's probably part of it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There's also the big fight at the end of Fall and the moments in the middle of Winter where you're still a bit crippled. I don't know how scripted the former is though.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Nier Automata is a standalone game and the only thing looking up or playing previous games will do is make you go "Oh hey that's a wink to a previous game" and then move on.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Even the official PSBlog is posting Nier/Drakengard summaries now
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/10/heres-what-happened-before-nier-automatas-story-began/

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The most driving you do in Yakuza 0 is when you play OutRun

Does the Virtua Cop rail shooter section not count?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Don't forget to pet him.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
IIRC the big reason stuff like Nier and Drakengard 3 exist is specifically because some SE exec(maybe even the CEO) likes him a bunch and will fund his games despite never selling all that well.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

Maxing all the weapons (and doing all the sidequests, IIRC) doesn't unlock an ending, but it DOES unlock an optional boss fight that ties up a few loose story treads.
Said boss fight does lead to a permanently missable joke ending if you don't die during a part of it though.
It's just some lines of text but it's the one genuine missable thing on the game.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Guillermus posted:

Being honest, I rather play as Kratos than the kid unless you make the kid a murdering machine that dismembers huge monsters. It's what I want from a God of War game.

The kid being relegated to an assist button makes me hope he at least gets to learn stuff and you can assign him different moves as you go on.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

bloodychill posted:

FemShep was voiced by Jennifer Hale who is great so anyone who played FemShep deserves a pat on the back for making a good choice.

I played DudeShep made to look like me all the way through and didn't even know I was missing out on the better VA :smith:
Jennifer Hale is an extremely talented VA and she nails both serious and comical scenes, but there's this bizarre quality that maleShep has that just makes most of what he says sound weirdly comical. Combined with his default face it gives off this weird B-movie feeling.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
30 to 40 minutes, you have automatic healing items for its duration but don't get combo'd and mash dodge.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Avoid until they fix the game, they managed to gently caress it up so it crashes on saving of all things, losing hours of progress as a result.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, William was the last announced one.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's just an anti-adblocker thing, open the page in Incognito mode (CtrlShiftN) and it should work.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

I wanna know of Detroit has a rewind function. Or if the trailer was just clever 'your choices have consequences'

It's David Cage, therefore expect whatever's worse.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Snak posted:

I googled "has David Cage seen Robocop" and it lead me to this amazing tumblr post

David Cage Bingo

I enjoy this fake conversation with Yoko Taro

quote:

David Cage: Can a robot learn to be human?
Yoko Taro: Can a human?
Cage: what
Yoko Taro: Can a human learn to be human?
Cage: I don't get it

It's a dumb/nonsensical fake exchange but after Nier and Nier A the bar for existentialism/robo-existentialism is raised pretty high.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I never got how Uncharted became Sony's flagship series. It seems like bad discount Indiana Jones.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If you ever feel tight on cash at the start you can sell that free Soma for 50000 yen. Money shouldn't be a problem later and it's an amazing item but the possibility is there.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
He'll also keep his health between encounters if you fight him fast enough I think, at the very least it'll be lower instead of full.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Digirat posted:

"Try to be a little more careful next time, ok?"

how about you be more careful with my time when there's a DVD on the line, cat
Look he just had to rewatch the entire XFolders several tines over after sending you to bed.

I swear the movies and DVDs are the best voiced things in this game.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm happy the Mysterious Gensokyo series is on the PS4 now. I like playing as a really violent magical girl running around with a watermelon sword and a garbage can lid slaying disrespectful fairies.

edit: before anyone asks it is definitely anime.

How is it on PS4? After the later PC titles got crazy always online DRM I didn't really try them so I'm wondering how much they've improved on the formula.
Also are you playing the Japanese or English version? I'm interested in seeing if official translation managed to keep all the terms consistent with stuff fans have been using for years.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Sometimes I wonder what if Idea Factory got something like FFXV's budget and how they would manage to squander it or gently caress it up. Then again they already stretch tiny budgets across entire decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It used to be that no amount of gently caress ups would make you fail, but I believe the PS4 rerelease actually fails you halfway through, or at least by the time you get to the meat locker.