Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Crash is good.

The noise of Wumpa Fruit, spinning into enemies,Purra the Tiger. Hard as balls Gem Stages, Deathshead Platforms. The foreboding noise of nitro crates. Clancy Brown as Cortex.

Crash Team Racing.

Crash IS good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Playstation 4: Adults shouldn't be behaving like this

PlayStation 4 : Chicken Nuggets are a sign of parental abuse

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

thebardyspoon posted:

Yeah I know but it might have been one of those ones where a lot of the stuff is for series veterans only and story beats don't hit so well if you're going in new. The reviews I've been seeing have been from first timers though so seems like that's not the case. Now I just have to wait for it to come back in stock on UK Amazon to order it. Keeps switching between available and unavailable by the time I get to checkout every time I've tried today.

Yakuza isn't so much about hard gameplay. There will be references but it's all about atmosphere and setting. I'm hoping that the disc version is not like Yakuza 5,that had horrendous load times on disc compared to digital

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I didn't even know 5 had a disc version. Also PS4 games don't load off disc.

The Japanese release had,and it was bad. Didn't know that about ps4 games not loading off the disc tho.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Goons have a weird hate boner versus Crash Bandicoot. Crash 1 is the weakest, but man, does it get good

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Wow. I wanna say you got had. Enjoy your Zeist Adventures while the cool kids punch dudes with kazzy-chan and majima.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

My copy of Knackuza 0 just shipped :cool:

Love the username.

Lots of peeps jumping in to Yakuza now. That's good. Maybe the series can be profitable.

:bandwagon: I was into it before it was cool tho...

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I got one of those spam group mass invites as well and I'm on no spreadsheet,have no PSN Friends and no PSN plus so my tag is never seen online.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Alteisen posted:

I can put a down payment on a loving car on my visa but can't use it to add 22.03 so I can buy my weeb game.

gently caress you Sony.

Sony not taking foreign address credit cards is so backwards. Amazon does not care at all if you buy digital pen codes, luckily.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Seems like COD and BF still think they are invincible but they will get burned soon by games with superior DLC strategies.

They don't care. Titanfall 2 is the better game but it's borderline dead on PC and sparsely populated on console. It actually lacks new maps and premium dlc content like pretty titan skins or voices.

I've had evenings in Germany/EU with 800 players in Titanfall 2

And every game mode except attrition are dead even on ps4. Cause nobody plays them because nobody queues for it.

Meanwhile BF1 has 40k players on peak times.

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jan 30, 2017

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

It's... Yeah. It's fine I guess. It works. The support is there. But releasing Titanfall 2 next to BF1 was insane, and now the game still only has one map patched and maybe 5 pieces of cosmetics. They don't even have all the premium titan skins or OS Voicepacks, which was a feature I loved about Titanfall 1.

A second map is coming as is a better queue, but it's probably too late.
The matchmaking on PC is so busted, without a group you'll end up getting owned by stuff you haven't unlocked the counter for.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Every Yakuza except 5 are good intros, 0 double so. Get it and lose yourself in slot car racing or hostess maker or out running or on of the other 5000 mitigates while learning about Crime and Honor

But if you like 0,all the others have extensive flashbacks.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

5 is fun, especially in coop. 6 is a mixed bag, some campaigns are good, some are bad.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Fat_Cow posted:

If I preorder Nioh on PS Store, will it preload?

Probably? Depends if they have a preload or not.

So far they have not, looking at my preorder. I assume they will two days before release

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Quote is not edit

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Make them play FPSes in chronological order. Once you hit Daikatana, you can explain racism and much more!

Edit : don't make anyone actually play Daikatana.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

the answer is to maximize profits, thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

The Yakuza Series never made any money. We went from not maybe getting Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 to getting a full price re-release, which cost a shitload of money to localize for an audience that isn't there.

As a Yakuza fan, I'd pay 10 Bucks more if the quality of the localization stays the same.

Hell, I'd pay premium for Ishin or Kenzan any day.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Yup,same. I have Kenzan around but my Ps3 is busted and playing with a translation FAQ is tedious,if there even is one of acceptable quality and completion.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

For me the game wasn't fun or engaging. I cared about Trico and nothing else. I hated the bonding through suffering they make you do, and the game has very limited puzzles and mechanics. For me it got samey and I quit after the Evil Trico fight, and watched the ending.

I rented this, in my eyes this isn't a fully realised game at all.

I got stuck on Trico while climbing on him a lot, and the camera killed me the most.

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Feb 2, 2017

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Not really a spoiler but okay,I fixed it.

Games still niche as gently caress and kinda bad and shouldn't be GOTY for anyone.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

It..really isn't about Trico for me. I loved Trico, it worked. I can see why it doesn't work for people. It has obvious tells as to when commands like Jumping work.The Camera and the Climbing Controls are the big issue I had, in terms of technical aspects. It felt like the 200X game that it was supposed to be.

I also just felt that the gameplay was more tedious than SOTC or ICO. What didn't help was the constant popups.
I also didn't care to see Trico suffer. The whole pulling out spears thing made me wince and almost quit the game right there at the beginning.

It totally wasn't the game for me, I wasn't engrossed in the setting, story or gameplay at all.
If this was Nintentricos or Tamatrico, I'd pay 60 Dollars for it, to play with my Custom Trico on a big meadow and throw balls and clean his poop and feed him barrels all day

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

haveblue posted:

That means there weren't enough bugs.

If you can sacrifice framerate for more bugs to kill, its basically a crime not to do so.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

And nothing will cause this series is now basically dead again! Maybe in 5-6 years we can reboot this.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Its almost like Gamestop is a lovely retailer, even podunk electronics stores in Germany sell and stock Pros

And yeah, the difference is that the Pro has a tiny blue/white pro patch on the packaging

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

If I have P.T. on my PS4 and I want to copy all my stuff onto a Pro, will the PSN still recognize that I can play P.T. once I make the Pro my primary system?

Yes. I did this and once I deactivated my normal PS4 as primary P. T worked.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I expect a Konami Exec making me delete it via gunpoint one day.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

It made my normal PS4 worth more? That's why I cared about it.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

But Idiots pay extra for it.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

You aren't getting extra for your PS4 because it has PT on it. That was like a 2 day knee jerk reaction to it being deleted.

Plus you'd have to sell your account and all that entails with it.

Uhmmm.. You don't. I got 350 Euro for my old PS4 because of P. T. Sold it locally, changed the password afterwards, had no credit card or other poo poo on file. The guy played PT, I got my money.

There is still idiots that'll pay for the privilege of playing something they aren't allowed to.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Nope. I can't actually attach any payment method to my US Account, and it has a fake US Adress on file.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

shut up blegum posted:

I bought Steep a couple of days ago and that game is awesome. I don't get why it was received so badly. Blasting down a mountain with some relaxing music while the sun is going down is amazing.

It has very little content compared to other games in its genre.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

el oso posted:

Is it worth waiting to get a Pro for TLG, or is the performance fine already?

I wouldn't buy anything for The Last Guardian in any case. It's... Not for everyone?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

abraxas posted:

Would you guys recommend Yakuza 0 to someone who's never played a Yakuza game in their life? I'm kinda hankering for a new game after finishing Tales of Berseria and it caught my eye on the PS Store. I checked out a few reviews and the biggest complaint seems to be about nebulous "tedious things". Nobody really goes into any detail about what's tedious or why it's tedious so I have no real idea, but since I've never played a Yakuza game before maybe I'm just missing some secret background knowledge.

Also in case this is important these days with Boost Mode (tm) and all that poo poo, I'm a poor pleb with a normal PS4.

Yakuza Games are tedious to 100%.Don't. There is some minigames that aren't for you. Don't force it. Just enjoy the ride

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I usually just play sidestories if I find them and limit them per chapter. I got like 50 hours in Zero with a 44% completion rate, and I was satisfied. It helps that Zeros Story is good and doesn't feature quadruple betrayals and rubber bullets and land deals to kill Orphans and Bullfights

Sadly, you don't get to punch bears or tigers in a golden castle, either.
9/10

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Fix posted:

Discovered fishing, shoji, and pool in Yakuza tonight, and saw but didn't play darts. It was a good night. I'm a whore for a good minigame. I never imagined that so many good takes were in one place.

Holy poo poo, is there pachinko? There's gotta be, right?

Check the Sega Arcades. They are worth it always.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Virtua Fighter was in Yakuza 5 and Yakuza 6 gets Virtua Fighter 5 HD in 60 FPS with exclusive content and online Multiplayer

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I bet Nagoshi has better Yakuza contacts than contacts to other licensing people

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Other than the blinking lights and the hazy smoke inside the parlour, I don't get the appeal of pachislots at all.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

Apparently Squeenix broke even on FFXV dev costs on day 1 sales alone and they sold a million more units since.

I honestly doubt that, considering Nomura farted around for 10 Year wasting Designers and Artists. I bet they broke even on the actual development time of 2 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

PS3 game I know, but how the gently caress did I waste so much time hunting bears in a Yakuza game? I know I could have left at any time, but for some reason, I was drawn to finishing out that questline.

Cause it's cool and manly and Taiga punches the bear really good.