Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

el oso posted:

For Honor closed beta is open for registration.

Thanks! Still on the fence about this one, the animations look great though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

ethanol posted:

you should see how many game i've bought this year

A lot of us probably have this to be ashamed of.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Attitude Indicator posted:

Most people point out how its noticably worse than the other ones.
But how would i know. I only played 3 and was completely baffled by these complex and deep characters and their intricate relationships with each other.

There wasn't enough Sully in it, Sam was a loser who was just kind of shady and flat, Elena beating the evil empire to finding Nate was silly.
A lot of the game was 'well I shouldn't do this' (going on an adventure with the shady brother and lying to elena) and occasionally someone shows up to tell you you're stupid for doing it. Sometimes with a mildly interactive cutscene.
If there was more Victor Sullivan in the game it would't be so divisive, imo.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

fadam posted:

I know this is slightly off topic, but are any of the DS3 clones worth a poo poo? I bought a used PS3 to play Nier but the controller that came with it is pretty worn out.

It's worth it just to get a proper ds3, I'm sure there's a sale somewhere.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Guillermus posted:

How BAD is Killzone Shadowfall? Last one I played was Killzone on the PS2 and was decent for these days but should I just wait until they give it for PSNow or drops to 5$?

The other Killzones are fun shooters, even the one on the psp. Shadowfall was miserable, more focused on you getting to the next cutscene than actually being enjoyable.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

mycot posted:

Also Soul Calibur basically murdered itself last generation.

My most regretted gaming purchase is Soul Calibur V.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

LawfulWaffle posted:

This is cool. I put the RE7 disc in my OG PS4 and the console now sounds like a prop plane. It's vibrating harder than ever before and the disc isn't even doing anything; it's all installed, it's just making a racket even when the disc aught to be idle.

Clean your PS4, get a can of air or something and get the dust off your fans.
Even if it's only a little bit it'll help.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Play Demon's Souls instead and leave your left hand empty.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Anyone do the Diablo 3 new diablo 1 dungeon or whatever? Should I bother? I beat the game but that's it

It's pretty good but don't grind for the picture frames it's not fun.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

That's a load off my wallet.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

TaurusOxford posted:

I wasn't even paying attention to the jank - I was too busy being appalled by the garbage voice acting that sounded like it came out of RE1.

No Jill sandwich no deal.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I said come in! posted:

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age has a release date now, July 11, 2017 for PlayStation 4 only.

:peanut:
Looking forward to the virtue posting itt about how anime games are bad and not wanting to read text boxes though.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Playing Hotline Miami with a controller is awful, you can get by (I've beat the first one on vita) but the precision of a mouse is a huge help.
Also 2 has a big problem with wide open rooms and enemies you can't see having guns and shooting you from offscreen, among other nit picky things.
Play Hotline Miami 1 with the music turned up and have a good time.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Capsaicin posted:

Anyone here have a Pro and have issue charging controllers? I have a Pro and a new controller and it's only charging up to 2 out of 3 bars and tends to decahrge pretty quickly.

Try using a wall plug and see if that gives you a full charge, if not then your battery is dead.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Crows Turn Off posted:

I think I remember that clip, actually. I'm honestly not sure where that clip came from, though, because none of the other dialogue scenes you can find look even close to that bad. They look better than Fallout 4 and Mass Effect, at least.

I regularly play through the mass effect series and for its flaws ME does cutscenes better than that h:zd scene by far.
Unless you're going off of intentionally broken scenes on youtube I guess?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Jimbot posted:

open world gameplay

There is so much of this around that you don't have to eat the scraps no matter how marketed they are.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Standing by for the inevitable "IDK I just like it a lot more than witcher 3 I mean /shrug I just do it's my opinion" posts before it disappears in a month.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

At least the wii isn't ugly.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Artless Meat posted:

The fat ps2 had the rotating logo tho

Fat PS2 waifu for laifu.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Be gentle to your old playstation 2, spin no disks.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Yeah I have a 360 sitting on top of my ps2 because if it was the other way around the 360 would overheat and die.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Manatee Cannon posted:

that was one guy and he didn't give it a score. instead, he did a pissy little write up about it where he complained a lot

It got a ton of attention, which is just as bad as a low score.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Bombadilillo posted:

seriously offended at jokes.

goons.txt

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Speaking of Dark Souls 2, it looks like a bunch of people are getting together to start fresh characters on the 25th!
That might mean you'll get more opportunities to summon and be summoned, it definitely means there will be invaders at all times.
It's a good time to play dks2.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

glam rock hamhock posted:

None of Taro's games have been all that pervy and when they approach that they justify it or make it so hosed up you shouldn't really be getting off on it. Even Drakengard 3, which had a lot of sex obsessed characters, didn't really play to titillate as much as to make you go :wtc:

You'd think characters talking about loving would be more satisfying!
Drakengard 3 is so good by the way, there's still time to beat it before N:A. There's one whole character that seems to transfer over, but what really transfers over is how gross Decadus is.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Dark Souls 2 had the problem of the original director that Miyazaki appointed while he worked on Bloodborn being taken off the project and a new guy had to scrap previous builds which by all accounts were barely functioning and unfun and couldn't run on last gen consoles at a decent framerate and then try and stitch what they had into a coherent game. It did have a lot of good ideas though and the DLC for Dark Souls 2 is some of the best content in the series.

So naturally, 3 scrapped a good number of things 2 introduced (but kept a lot of the really bad stuff from 2 for some reason) and just made Dark Souls 1 again, but this time with some Bloodborne's aesthetic and animation speeds. I don't dislike Dark Souls 3, but out of every Souls game including Demon's Souls it is the game I'll probably replay the least.

Miyazaki directed Dark Souls 3 so it's perfect, actually.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Demon's Souls is the last time the series felt fresh.
Most people got their goth/weaboo phase out in high school, just fyi, hth.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

my fave thing is how special elite chosen intergalactic space soldier sounds like a little girl playing pretend with her retarded blue friend

my favorite part is how her rubber face is just getting worse

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Bombadilillo posted:

Do you mean Yakuza 4? Because I have that, but not 5 Did I miss it?

I have 4 and 5 and don't remember actually paying for any.
e:f,b

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Samurai Sanders posted:

Okay I take back what I said before, the talky in Horizon is good for setting up an open world game. There's nothing like being on a mission from god to give you license to do all the normal open world stuff.

edit: I'm worried I'm gonna get this story and the one of Nier Automata mixed up in my head though, since both are about a post-apoaclyptic world covered with hostile machines for mysterious reasons.

I don't think you'll get Yoko Taro writing mixed up with anything else.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

If you get the non-official remote play program you can get the wireless password for your ps4 and connect to it directly. There's no other solution I've seen so far.

Nier Automata is already perfect, woke up to a cute guy telling me he was going to be handling my maintenance from now on.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

rabidsquid posted:

theres this nerd phenomenon where they will literally spend money to have the high ground to definitively say the thing they dislike is officially definitely bad.

It's me, I bought a copy of Prometheus and it is dogshit and I hate it but I'm glad this copy will never again be forced upon human eyes.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Nier: Automata is so good. I almost wish I was one of those people that took time off work to play.

Don't play Valkyria Chronicles on pc, performance is the same and you're going to be using a controller anyway.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

veni veni veni posted:

Too bad LP's are the worst form of entertainment ever.

Also Drakengard 3 is a pretty good ride if you already like Drakengard.
After many many hours in Drakengard killing five to ten knights at a time with Cometdance it feels like a dream murdering lots of enemies as Zero.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

bloodychill posted:

If everyone dies, how does there keep being people or robots to do things.

Very carefully.

Drakengard/Nier games all involve still trying even though everything seems to just be getting worse. Almost everyone dies every time.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

You should have bought and played Nier a long time ago, it was around $15.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Nier Automata has 21 gag endings, five proper endings. Also I HIGHLY recommend clearing up 6 slots for Death Rattle for your Ending C run, it just feels right. Always quicksave when using fast travel because it isn't a temp save it's just faster than going to the other menu, quick.

Also lol goons "These characters who just met sound really awkward around each other!"

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

It is the final ending though, the game is fairly clear with you that you can't go back.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

kirbysuperstar posted:

You only needed all the weapons, you didn't even have to upgrade them.

A cakewalk compared to Drakengard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

How many posts does it take to stop dragging someone kicking and screaming through a game they don't like?