Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Waltzing Along posted:

Why is there even a debate about the pro?

If you have a PS4 already, you can wait. If you don't have a PS4, you are a fool to not spend the $100 and get the current tech. If you can't afford the $100 you shouldn't be buying a game system in the first place.

In the next year or so there will be games that run dramatically better on the pro. If you are thinking of upgrading, you can probably sell your old PS4 on CL for $200 and effectively halve the cost of upgrading.

Eh, I bought my slim with uc4 for $200. Even with the black Friday sales the pro was a good $160 more and didn't even include any games, so really closer to $200 more. At that price it wasn't really worth it to me.

Besides I mostly just have a ps4 for the exclusives anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

well that's infuriating. I used an American credit card when I was setting up my PS4, and now can't use any Canadian credit card or paypal and still keep my PSN/games. Talk about annoying.

Shame too. I was gunna buy Journey and the Order.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

univbee posted:

I don't think any drive out there saturates SATA III.

Downloading the Beta Firmware now to test if externals work on any console (with the beta installed, of course).

NVMe drives sure as heck do, but they're also not connected through SATA III. They're either PCI-e or M.2 based, neither of which, unfortunately, you can make work on a PS4 without buying a converter to SATA III, at which point you may as well just buy a SATA III SSD for half the $/GB.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Question. I live in Canada, bought my PS4 stateside during a black friday deal, stupidly set it up with an American account with a few games tied to it. I don't have an American credit card, only Canadian Cards, and PSN won't even take my PayPal.

Where/what's the best solution for me to buy USD PSN cards without losing too much money or time in delivery.