Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's kinda insane how much of a total redesign RE7 is from pretty much all of the previous games in the series. I totally applaud that, very ballsy move.

Yet still very RE. Odd puzzles, haunted house, bioweapon gone amok. Combat strategy of knowing when to stop and shoot and when to run...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

glam rock hamhock posted:

I think Silent Hill's main drawback is that it tries to tell a story that the games tell in 10-20 hours in 1.5. Usually the stupid bits are such a small part that it feels more forgivable but the movie had to be plot beat after plot beat and they also had no smooth way of getting the big plot stuff explained

Still, at least it's not the sequel which is literally one of the worst movies I've ever seen

It also uses the monsters and symbolism of 2 when it is doing the plot of 1, sort of. Why are James inner fetish monsters stopping a parent from finding their daughter?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Crows Turn Off posted:

The story-related dialogue scenes in Horizon look great! Are all of the side-story dialogue scenes as bad as the infamous Brom scene, or is that one uniquely terrible?

someone said it seems to be based on how important the character is. People that only exist for a sidequest seem to get puppet jaws

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

If every preview thing you've seen of Andromeda hasn't thrown up some huge red flags by now, you may just be a weapon-grade sucker.

Everyone was acting that way about Horizon as well though

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

For some reason despite loving the first Darksiders, I was never able to really get into Darksiders 2, have yet to encounter the first dungeon boss. Doesn't feel that different than the first so I am still not sure why I don't ever feel like playing through it.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

there are about 4-5 accents in MT, I don't think the cult leader used any of them. Buut he could be from out of state.

Yes I know this is a stupid thing to make note of

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

or use paypal

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

That is DOF . Depth of Field

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Feenix posted:

Video is unavailable. :\

[edit]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elitedangerous?live This works...

Can someone give me sort of an elevator sales pitch on Elite Dangerous?

ships that fly with Newtonian physics. And you can be as space trucker while trying to not crash in the station when you want to land.

To be fair I described most Elite games with that.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah the DS3 feels much worse than the DS4, which I also don't particularly like. How would I use the 4 on the PS3?

plug it in via usb, or do the generic Bluetooth pairing the ds4 supports (google it) and it will be detected as a pluginplay controller for the ps3. something it actually supported. That said there are some caveats. the PSButton doesn't work I believe so you need a ps3 controller to exit games. Also no analog on the triggers means any game that actually used analog mode will not detect presses. oddly enough games that used R2 and L2 as just buttons can detect them. So driving games are right out.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Awesome! posted:

the ds4 triggers are analog arent they? pretty sure you are thinking of the face buttons which used to be analog

The triggers are analog, but when detected as plug and play by the ps3, the ds4 triggers are treated as digital

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I'm playing the Law Breakers beta right now and it's pretty fun. Reminds me of Unreal a lot. I feel like I get killed really fast though, I could just suck.

Here is the thing, I really like unreal but I just can't get into Law Breakers. THings move and explode and now I am dead. At no point do I have an idea what I am doing.

Also why is there a healer in a game where you die in 2 hits?

Edit: That said I like the designs, the two different characters for the same set of abilities to show your side with more than a red/blue outline.

Also Morty the Blitzball is both the most annoying yet endearing thing I have encountered in a pvp FPS

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 1, 2017

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's not hard he melted down because they made some obscure DC character gay in the comics.

Who? Midnighter?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/statuses/881905372646129665

Glad that's settled

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jul 3, 2017

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

John F Bennett posted:

And to each their own!

But I will never understand why open worlds like Horizon and AssCreed have linear platforming segments. It's one or the other, dammit.
Platformers were fun when I had a gameboy.

edit:
To expand, why would people who enjoy open worlds want platform segments in their games and vice versa?

Jak and Daxter was an open world platformer. So I can have all the cakes and eat them too!

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

It is amazing the sheer ranges of responses this game is producing.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Relin posted:

so what bug/user error did jim sterling encoutner that made him initially give hellblade a 1

Autosaved when he missed a game critical item so he would need to restart the entire game

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Why's that?

bullet sponge enemies. Enemies also instinctively know when you are aiming at their head and start dodging even before you can shoot making headshots stupidly hard.

The story and characters are fun, but the combat is pretty bad by today standards.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

I run a lot and I can say that Aloy has pretty good form, most of your locomotion should be generated from your hips and she strikes perfectly at midfoot. Slightly overextended on the arm swing, but probably just for dramatic effect.

However, I have also recently been taking archery lessons and I've learned that Aloy squinting to aim is a bad habit. Both of an archer's eyes should be wide open at full draw!

Why are you training to hunt robot dinosaurs?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

That sounds adorable actually

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Awesome! posted:

arent new yorkers usually pissed off at spider man?

No, just Jameson.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

mj's parts were good, mile's were kinda more bullshit i thought. maybe also the story was more interesting for mj stuff.

edit: wait no, there's a stealth part with miles that's really good.

That is a big big man

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Macaluso posted:

If it wasn't for the movement around the city being such a blast I would NEVER have bothered 100%ing the game. Things like catching pigeons is dumb as hell.

A spider-man has to eat

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Steve Yun posted:

One of the best moments I had in videogames recently was the first day of No Man’s Sky 1.5 where I got separated from my spaceship and lost for six hours wandering around, sweating constantly about whether I was going to die. Stress and worrying are fun!

that is why you always leave your jump jets fueled!

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Samuringa posted:

Literally an Arkham game with a different suit.

But with ace attorney style side missions

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

Horizon One Noon

I love this only for the implication that there will also be a Horizon 2 Night. Where the robots start a late night talk show

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Rinkles posted:

Not sure how they achieved it, but Just Cause 4 somehow looks better and runs much better than 3. No frame drops.

Digital foundry mentioned something on this, it has a new physics engine that is fiber bases, meaning it dispenses simulation tasks to any core that is available which uses the ps4's many but slow cores a lot more effectively than the previous physics engine did.

It even allowed the game to have more physics objects going nuts than 3 did while running better.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

Playing DMC5 makes me want a PS4 port of Ninja Gaiden Black. Not any other version, just that one.

I've always preferred NG because it doesn't rely on manual targeting of enemies, so you don't need to hold down R1 for basically the entire game like DMC.

They added a good auto-targeting in for the Ninja Theory game, but since so many people hated that one I can see why Capcom didn't want to try to take things from it.

I liked it though

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

heres a pro tip for anyone who wants to check out Bloodlines with this Bloodlines 2 news: make sure to install the base vanilla patch that is only bug fixes, the guy who has been patching the game for 19 straight years has made all kinds of goofy "balance fixes" to the plus version of the patch that are debatable if you've played the game many times and almost definitely detracts from the experience if you haven't played before.

And invest in melee, late game monsters tend to shrug off firearms

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

I always wanted a sequel to Psi-Ops!

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

levitating to flying enemies to shatter them in the face is actually great.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Rinkles posted:

yeah, why isn't there a mass effect trilogy remaster?

EA for some reason have a policy of no remasters in general.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Well the 360 was chosen as a marketing idea because xb2 could be psychologically viewed as less than PS3. Buy then they made the xbone so clearly they don't worry about that anymore.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

subnautica vr can make my gtx 1080 have fps problems, I have trouble believing it could make the jump to psvr without heavy optimizations and visual cuts.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

Does the nier content in ff14 mske you replay it over for more story and if not why did taro yoko betray his legacy?

Raids are released in chunks in FF14 usually. So a couple of patches down the road who knows what they'll add in. They might litterally make every mission of this raid the same with small changes. Also Savage raids exist which are hard versions of existing raids with mechanics and sometimes story changes, but those are usually a BS retelling of the story by a certain minstrel who likes to make things sound more insane. But who knows, maybe the eventual "The Copied Factory (Savage)" use a completely different framing device and go full Yako Taro.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Rad Valtar posted:

Actually it destroys what soul I have left.

Think the cause and effect is flipped here

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Does anything ever feel better than catching a rocket with your mind and sending it right back in one smooth motion

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Steve Yun posted:

https://www.psu.com/news/ps5-backwards-compatibility-patent-corroborates-amd-leak/

Hmm, patent suggests PS5 will downclock the cpu to play PS4 games. Which makes me think no performance boost?

Confirmed proof that Sony will never allow 60fps Bloodborne

Makes sense as Cerny in an interview was asked why the ps4 pro didn't also upgrade the cpu, and he listed all sorts of potential bugs a game could deal with if a speed boost it was not coded to take account for happened. Since all the ps4 games up to that point were only coded with the normal cpu in mind. Big one he mentioned that one core may end its task way sooner than an other and release the ram early while another core was still using it. Not sure how an increase to all core clocks would cause a desync happen in only some but it apparently it is a thing.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

The only thing I can think of using those back buttons for are competitive FPS games, but I play those on PC. Moving whatever face button action I need to there so I don't have to stop aiming would be good for those.

I had ideas for FFXIV but then I remembered they only mirror standard buttons so I can't bind like extra macros to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

weren't they betting big on the pachinko bubble not being a bubble...