Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Friends, i have just bought a ps4 along with god of war and a set of 3 weird playlink games that all came free that im probably never gonna play but anywho, i put the god of war disc in and it started to install the game auto, fair enough i guess, which said it was only 9gigs but when i checked the storage settings it says god of war is now 38gigs.

It also started downloading a patch, fair enough i guess, but i checked the download and first it said 300mb or something and it would be done in minutes but i check again and now its a 4gig patch v1.17 and i guess i gotta wait an hour but didnt the game come out last week?

I think my question is, is this poo poo normal? Because lol suddenly regretting cheaping out for the 500gb model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

MZ posted:

Yes, it's fairly common for a lot of the bigger-budget games to come in at 20, 30, 40 or even 50GB. However it's very easy to replace the hard disk with a larger one, I bought a 2TB drive and haven't looked back.

is it like the ps3, laptop hdds? will probably go this route but i'm only getting exclusives on it or poo poo that doesn't run well enough on my pc.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Are they planning on porting yakuza 3 4 and 5 to ps4? The ps3 versions have jumped to stupid prices on ebay/amazon

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Can’t you buy 5 for PS3 on the PlayStation store?

But yeah, hopefully they get Kiwami’d. I think 0 caught on much more than they were expecting outside of Japan.

Think psn is the only place to get 5, doesnt seem to have been a disc game outside japan from what i can tell. Can get 4 too but 3 is disc only and i prefer going disc but might not have a choice now.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Mandrel posted:

just decided to test out PSNow because I really want to play RDR again and I’m too lazy to switch over to my 360

this is some mad compression going on with this video quality, Jesus Christ almighty. is it streaming it at 480p or what

Ps3 version was a blurry and muddy mess compared to the 360 version so it might just be that. I think on ps3 its running at 600p or someshit.

Sony need to straight up copy xbox right now for bc because rdr on an xbox x runs at 4k and looks insane.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 10:17 on May 5, 2018

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

GOW being my first ps4 game is setting some stupidly impossible standards. I just got to the lake last night and my mind is blown with each new area i come across. And this poo poo looks pin perfect on a regular ps4. :aaaaa:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

drat that’s an awesome way to start your PS4 journey. I’m jealous of the experience. Launch titles were great but nowhere near what we have out now. Any plans on what you’re playing next?

Probably bloodborne or yakuza 0, whichever i get cheapest first. Forgot how great ebay can be for playstation games sometimes.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

should i spend 10 plus quid getting last of us remastered on ebay or just play last of us for ps3 which i got on ebay for 2 quid last year and haven't touched since it arrived. i don't even know if the disc is in the box.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

it's splatoon for ps4 only its free and a battle royal where people leave their mics on all the time so you can hear their random room noise every second and their drinking and eating noises and its nintendo telling you this why they made voice chat on switch hard.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I said come in! posted:

I want a new single player Quake. Based on Quake 1, not Quake 2.

same, been playing arcane dimensions and i need more quake 1. we all need more quake 1.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

is vr still worth it on a slim? kowloon looks interesting plus i'm getting that re7 itch again (already blasted through it 4 times on pc on launch week tho) and some of the other vr games look cool but i imagine a pro vr is where it's at.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

JBP posted:

Drop everything if you spot bloodborne and old hunters in a sale.

they just were. i got old hunters for 6 quid on psn big in japan sale and picked up bloodborne on ebay for 5.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Samuringa posted:

I remember FFVII and VIII having PC ports back in the day, they were just unknown/lovely. Like, I think VIII somehow was 5 CDs?

i had the ff7 pc port back in the day and it would barely run because the ram was too low, at the time i didnt know that, i was just deleting windows services and going "whoa the game runs alittle faster!" but i was pretty loving hooked on it, there were a few sections where the game would drop to 5fps or something in that port town where all the characters would pop out in the centre and talk about how they were gonna sneak into that huge shinra port (its been awhile since i've played) and i suffered through that because i was so hooked, it took like 5 hours to get through that convo before the playable 20fps came back and it was smooth sailing, right upto early second disc area where poo poo hits the fan and all the weapons fly out of the crater, it would just crash during the fmv and no amount of deleting services would get me past that. in the end, i just sold some poo poo and bought a ps1.

that's my ff7 story, thank you for reading.

but yeah, they all came with an extra play disc, which is why ff7 had 4 (i think?) and ff8 had 5.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 11:40 on May 12, 2018

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

Hopefully one day someone will mod TW3's encounter system to load into a random combat scenario from literally any other game that I own.

they modded it on pc to give it a more dark soulsish combat, called enchanced edition. pretty fun but it brings back all the witcher 1 style potion brewing and meditation and you can't turn it off, if you're not into that kinda stuff.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Andrast posted:

They did not succeed

well, at least poise works. :shrug:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

haaahahah i just paid 40 quid for a used copy of yakuza 3 with soundtrack what is wrong with me.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This is what I mean when I say that Shenmue games are dense;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9i1mFVnu6c

That's 25 minutes worth of cupboards, drawers, and random (often unique) objects that almost entirely have no impact on the story. And that's just Ryo's own house. It's not something you can do quickly like collectables (where it's, relatively speaking, "instance of object at X/Y/Z coordinates times [collectable total]") but each drawer/cupboard/random point of interest has to be individually designed despite being a standardized instance of "focus on drawer->open drawer".

The attention to mundane details in the Shenmue games is staggering for the time.

oh man, had that video playing on silent and i could just hear the hazuki house theme complete with that bamboo water feature making the noise. when the hell is that hd collection out, i never finished 2 and still owe the hotel dude rent.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i think i just hit the point of no return in god of war the head says as much, gotta get his eye from the world serpent is it worth just finishing everything off before the end? midgard is at 86% completion, just worried the valkyrie and those two trial realms are gonna bring usual god of war bullshit my way, can i plat this in one run?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

got all the jotnar shrines as i played the game. pretty sure the map tells you which locations you havent found them in and finding them is pretty easy after that i guess, theres one right near the start i missed until i went back to explore. i just did all the fire realm challenges and the got the trophy. (protip, you only need to do 3 of the last lot.) and im hoping the fog area isnt as bad. those loving valkyries are starting to gently caress with me tho, alot of the time im getting their health down to almost zero and then somehow my controller doesnt feel as responsive or some dumb poo poo and i die. :|

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

jeff bridges is in kingdom hearts, the gently caress. do i need to play these games now or something.

finished god of war last night, so good. also my first ever plat. can't believe i spent like almost two weeks on a god of war game. gently caress that optional boss fight. you know the one. i am now on post-game depression wondering what to do with my life and then i remembered i have Yakuza 0 arriving tomorrow! hell yeah, about drat time!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'll do you one better; Christopher Lee's in Kingdom Hearts too :allears:.

:eyepop: time to scour ebay for all these final mix's 356 7 days over prologues i guess.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

5 and 7 day survivor must be so incredibly easy to do nowadays when you can put your PS4 on standby and get back to it later. I remember it being miserable in the 360.

those early days were always fun because you never knew if this was the day you'd get the achievement or the day your console dies like everyone elses.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

idk if anyone mentioned it, but yakuza 3-5 are getting ps4 remasters. I'm excited to try the whole series out

https://gematsu.com/2018/05/yakuza-3-4-and-5-remasters-announced-for-ps4

hahahaha, and not even one full week after justing buying yakuza 3 used for way more than i was comfortable with. good god i'm dumb, i should have just waited until kiwami 2 had hit. like i legit freaked what with 3 being disc only and thought if i dont buy it now at 40 quid even if its used, i'll never get to play it with the prices shooting up. fml. was planning on buying 4 digitally along with 5 since 4 is getting the same rare price shooting up bullshit too.

oh well, now i have to decide if i should wait after kiwami 2 for the remasters or just blast through all of them. :negative:

i should point out I've not actually played any of them other than the first 5 minutes of the first game on the ps2. i'm going by hype for 0 and from what i saw of the game on youtube/music (kuze!) so i at least know its my kinda jam but lol at my terrible decision making process. 0 and kiwami just turned up today so gonna be starting that soon.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

speaking of, is there any kinda save game transfer between 0 and kiwami? i ask because my 0 is my pal region and kiwami steelbook edition is usa region i'm guessing by the big M rating and i dont think save imports will work between different regions but hey maybe they everything is true region free on ps4.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 15:19 on May 22, 2018

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

ya when i finally beat sigrun i didn't take a single hit from her

here's a guy taking 0 damage doing it at level 1 (no upgrades etc)

spoiler alert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I68_BdAQmw

The loving balls on this lad.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Infinitum posted:

The set pieces in Yak0 are loving spectacular and over the top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHQa1SA3EtI

The in between is a little slow, but that just gives you time to appreciate all the side stories

This track is what did it for me, so good. and i havent even opened the case yet, it arrived last week but i wanted to clear my big ps3 backlog before i step in but goddamn am i hyped for it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

I think MGSV deserved its high scores cause the game is fantastic until you get about 90% through the story before it completely shits the bed and broke my heart

Its meant to tho, its in the title!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Well then I quit at the 99% mark :colbert:

Nah you had more to go, thats when the war without end really starts and poo poo starts to lose people. There are like 3-4 endings going on without really having a big grand end.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Devil may cry 2, which i beat recently had a great ending because i knew it finally over

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Trying to imagine an online game in gamebryo and it doesnt doesnt sound like a good time.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Does the shooting in uncharted get better in 2 and 3 on ps3? Like, im into it but the shooting is dogshit and if 2 and 3 control like this i mught just bite the bullet and get the remasters since i heard they fixed shooting in 1.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

This is honestly why i'm into it hahah. Been chuckling to myself over Elena, TV presenter extraordinaire, and her nonchalance toward taking human life.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

JBP posted:

It's on an E3 Sony conference running sheet a friend sent me and he isn't a crazy person. I'm taking it as confirmed. I need this. I need Vanquish 2.

Hang on everything on this is in perfect sensible order but it also says MGS3 Remake which I missed before due to having a loving meltdown. Please don't be fake :(

bluepoint are working on another remaster and meant to be revealed this e3, so maybe they got all the fox engine assets from konami? the positive thread vibes want me to believe your friend is legit. :)

if anything, its making me want to play vanquish next, i got the ps3 version recently with the 3d cover and the game looks awesome.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Top Gun posted:

the guy kicking the other guy off the cliff is a homage to 300 right?

yeah it got leaked, as they do all the time, before that video, game is set in ancient greece or something and sounds good? i dunno, gotta get me that ancient greece action now kratos isn't allowed back. edit: oh flavian, eh ah well.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jun 1, 2018

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

finally, the true power of ps4 is revealed.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeaaah, the transfer speed of Blu-Ray's pretty poo poo compared to DVD's (relatively-speaking) so it's pretty much impossible to play ANY PS4 games directly off the disc. Save maybe a couple of the indie digital titles that had a physical-print run.

i was wondering this the other day because alot of early ps3 titles had you installing but it seemed like alot of the later titles like last of us etc, seem to run fine off the disc and i can't imagine the ps4 bluray player would be slower than the ps3.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Crappy Jack posted:

Exactly this. Most PS3 games ran 720p, and the reason Last of Us ran like it did was Naughty Dog having almost a decade and three Uncharteds' worth of experience working with the PS3 architecture.

i played it on a whim last week and after i played that goddamn intro i kept playing until completion and holy poo poo ND has access to deep pits of black magic.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

:eyepop:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i thought they're making a yakuza 0-2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Holy poo poo, the leaks are true! THE TIME HAS COME, Capcom have registered https://www.devilmaycry5.com (through gmo.jp, like they did with remake2/monsterhunter/re7)

next week!!!! the flinch in your eye calls your bluff! feel free to die when you've had enough!

(hahah watch this be an xbox exclusive or someshit :negative: )