Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
It's the boringest and most tedious game to obviously come directly from PC since 7 Days To Die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Pablo Gigante posted:

The Games Gameplay Gatekeepers

You didn't do a great job at making that guy look worse than you here

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Apparently people who think walking between cutscenes is gameplay

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

revolther posted:

I too would like to trivialize the role of women in all stages of history and imagine that is only me who matters.

You are ignoring truth for a more popularized version of heroic man war. Women weren't commonly in uniforms on the front lines at the time, they were just on the front lines as underground agents, smugglers, spies, nurses, combat medics, snipers, saboteurs, and activists, let alone you know fueling the whole nosediving war-economy from collapsing with their physical labor which led it's own revolution.

But cool for you hating asians and blacks and trans people publicly because momentarily the spotlight wasn't on your micropenis.

Lmao

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Pablo Gigante posted:

Alternatively, who loving cares

You

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not going to play the cucked Call of Duty game.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

Can we please stop shining spotlights on micropenises or making such stupid statements that someone wanting to have fun in a videogame is the reason Trump won???? I mean, good grief.

Let's hysterically overreact to anyone who isn't enthusiastic about liberal politicization of video games, that will help prevent a second Trump term

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

“I’m a GBS poster look how edgy I am.”

Lol

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

Please let's not do this, then. Games is not GBS.

What's your actual criticism

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

Your posting here:

This seems designed just to be a way to rile people up, I believe. There's no need for it.

Would it have been better if I said something about somebody's penis or one of the forums they love to read and post in all of the time

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

I have absolutely no idea what this means either. I apologise, I'm just not getting it.

Read the last couple pages

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

SUNKOS posted:

I've been considering buying Overwatch since it looks good, but is it worthwhile if you intend to treat it as a pick-up and play shooter or is it a crappy experience without a dedicated group to play with?

The multiplayer in the new Call of Duty is going to be based on it so I would wait for that

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Feenix posted:

SuperHot (not VR)

Worth it? I know it was clever and highly lauded when it first came out. Did it hold up? Is it rad? Should I get it?

It looks fun but that is a wait and get it on sale game if I have ever seen one

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I'm waiting for the price to come down on vr too

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Mr President posted:

I recently started Prey, Horizon, Darksiders, and Metro and got bored and gave up on all 4 of them after an hours worth of playtime. Can someone recommend me a good game? Last 2 games that I've played that I loved was Blood Dragon and Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy

Overwatch

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Witcher and Horizon are like the ultimate goon games. Nioh is really good but they need to make Ninja Gaiden 4 already

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Andrast posted:

They are presumably going to have some sort of combat in Cyberpunk when it gets released in 2077. Hopefully it's a lot better than the combat in TW3.

Considering how bad 3 was, I don't have a lot of faith in them making a Ninja Gaiden 4.

God, Ninja gaiden Black was so good.

3 had a different producer and was more repetitive and less good than the first two, which are a tough act to follow, but I enjoyed it. Hopefully they get the team that made the first 2 to do the next one but I will play it regardless

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

veni veni veni posted:

I recognize that Batman style combat is well done, and I've even grudgingly accepted in games I play, but it's never been my thing. I like games to feel as manual as possible if that makes any sense. Even games like God of War and DMC always felt too loosey goosey to me. I had honestly stopped caring about most melee combat in games in favor of shooters until Demon's Souls cam around and changed my mind.

Ninja Gaiden

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I like Nioh more than the last 2 Dark Souls games but without the homing jump and wall run, plus the stamina bar, it just isn't as fluid like Ninja Gaiden. Which isn't a complaint but it really sets them apart

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Revol posted:

I got my first PS4 a few weeks ago, played and beat Horizons, good times. I'm looking for another game. I want something I can really sink my teeth into, that I'll get a lot out of. I love open world and RPGs, so... should I get Final Fantasy 15? I never liked the series because of the random encounters feeling like an annoyance, and the combat was uninteresting. I recognize FF has been changing lately, and now FFXV is open world and different kind of combat. Do you think that would be enough to win me over to Final Fantasy now? Being able to buy it used at $20 is a plus, seeing as how I'm getting laid off this week, I can't afford newer, more expensive titles.

FF is a very celebrated franchise, and its core titles always get great reviews, but it looks like FFXV is really divisive. Is it only because it plays less like a JRPG, or is there something more that should keep me away from it?

The best square Enix game out now is Hitman

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Boogalo posted:

Measured aggression really is key. I've been stuck on pthumerian descendant or whatever for the last month. Finally decided gently caress it, no more sitting back unless its to heal. Somehow when i'm charging through, my dashes match up just right with his swings and its easy to get behind him and punish, then only backing out to heal and going right back in again. Doing this I killed him in only 3-4 more tries. Before I was over-thinking trying to time things with his attacks and failing miserably.

Using arcane attacks against Pthumeru bosses, fire attacks against Loran bosses, and bolt attacks against Isz bosses will generally make things easier. The chalices were my favorite part of that game

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Feenix posted:

I was interested in Tokyo42 but Steam reviews don't sound that great. Hopefully we get some proper reviews soon to outline common issues...

Niddhogg2 is a definite for me, unless I hear some disastrous poo poo about it.

Agents of Mayhem. (Gamefly. woot.)

Matterfall: I am normally a huge Housemarque... uhhh mark. But this one feels a little unexciting to me. Not sure why. I felt like their games were getting more and more interesting. Resogun, Alienation... depth added to a simple formula. Then their last one (I can't even remember the name at the moment) was kind of... cool but "small and generic" and this one just looks like some sidescroller housemarque retelling of that one orange and blue bullet hell sidescroller game... Outlands, maybe? IDK.

I could be (hopefully be) wrong about that one...

I actually don't know what Undertale is.

I have modest expectations but still looking forward to Tokyo 42 especially multiplayer. Pre ordered Nidnogg 2 even though they changed the characters to appease whiners and it isn't as funny now. I have never tried a Housemarque game yet because I keep forgetting they exist due to their lack of personality but I hear good things.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is anyone having an issue with Sundered crashing every 4-5 deaths or so? It's literally the first game I've had crash on me on the PS4.

It's been doing that since launch and still does after 2 patches, I haven't lost any progress because of it though

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Fix posted:

Wait, they did what?

A bunch of people online complained that the characters looked like Homer Simpson and the developer changed them to look more generic

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Feenix posted:

JEsus. Like 8 billion games came out today and all you toddlers want to talk about is how you kicked hyour dog and it fell off the balcony when you got mad that you didn't get the best re-roll of a sniper rifle in Destiny or something...

I got Nidhogg 2. I can confirm it is Nidhogg and I like it.

It's so good, I'm still getting used to the new weapons especially the bow. I'm taking a break from it to play Tokyo 42 which is decent but heavy on rotating the camera which is L/R reversed and unchangeable

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

verbal enema posted:

Good game for 20$ go

Sundered or Sine Mora

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I want to like Tokyo 42 but buildings keep getting in the way, also the entire game looks like a skate park but they give you a motorcycle

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka posted:

Pools of Radiance

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

mastershakeman posted:

Any idea why my ps4 controller won't hold a charge? I have to leave it plugged in and it works for the most part, although if I'm doing something with a lot of rumble it'll keep disconnecting from the battery drain. Tried like 3 different USB cables but those shouldn't matter - they're working enough to keep it active most of the time but never actually charge it. What gives?

Use a paper clip on the reset button near the L2 trigger

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

Get darius burst at 85% off

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Lumpy posted:

It's not at all odd. Indeed, that's why I mentioned that perhaps it was more popular with an audience that wasn't the people here. But I'll shut up now and we can all get back to making fun of Knack! Can you believe they are making another one! :wtf:

If the mod is still making gang tags you should give this guy one that says Knackold or something

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Absolver is one of the slowest games to download of all time

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
MGS2 is about a lot of things but mainly the subversion of the spoiler boat cliche

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
If you think the controls in any mgs are bad then you are probably not very good at video games

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
You aged terribly

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The only situations in mgs 3 where the control scheme is less than perfect was on MGO or the 360 version

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Electromax posted:

Nex Machina is great. Didn't even know it was a thing until I saw it on sale this weekend but the reviews + Super Stardust HD studio meant I couldn't pass it up. Very reminiscent of SSHD but cool in its own way.

If you like twin stick arcade hi-score games that is. But it has discrete rooms you progress through as opposed to a single planetoid or whatever.

Nex Machina is the 3rd game in the Robotron series that invented twin stick shooters

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I bought The Ninjawarriors instead of Destiny 2

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
One of the craziest parts in US history was when the president declared martial law in 1993 and was assassinated in the throne room of the white house by a robot suicide bomber

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka posted:

Reusing boss as normal enemies is a long tradition that goes back to at least Final Fight.

That happens in Double Dragon but not Final Fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Feenix posted:

Tyler Douche, and Jessica Choad