Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Hey I had a question about the PS4 Gold Headset. Starting today I can hear audio, but my microphone doesn't seem to be working. Tried everything I could, then got the companion app and did the reset. The steps were:

plug in adapter
plug in headset
turn on headset
restore from the app

However at the end it said turn off headset and then on again, and wait for the red light to stop blinking (the one right next to the 2-1-off switch). But this light never blinked and it's still not working. Any ideas?

Thanks

edit: I've also tried the reset where you put the pin into the wireless adapter, then hold MUTE+VSS while turning the headset on, but you are supposed to hear a beeping noise when you do that and I don't.

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Is there a PS store thread anymore? I'm looking for someone to play pure pool with :p

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

Macs are fashion electronics.

I mean design is important, at least to some people. I got a base model MBA from like 2018 for $800 new because of an education discount, and having something I actually like looking at and interacting with is worth the higher price to me.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

OMG A HEADSET JACK

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

uh is this a furry game

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I'm only getting PS5 to play a more enhanced Destiny 2 so I don't care that these games suck

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

this is actually an ad for the return of Crystal Pepsi

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

is there any chance of a new souls or bloodborne game on ps5? plz

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Malloc Voidstar posted:

What idiot in the marketing department scored this trailer

this is like all pop music now lmao

rap dubstep combo poo poo

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

death awaits in 2021 but that's just true in general

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

what in the hell lol

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

OH MY loving GOD DEMONS SOULS

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I just screamed at my monitor, that's going to be amazing

just thinking about tower of latria on ps5 is insane

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Healbot posted:

Since it's a remaster of DeS, they could change Tendencies to something that's not poo poo I hope.

i dunno there was a lot of cool poo poo in total dark tendency

and northern regalia owned

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

is this avatar

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

a whole new generation of gaming employees being exploited and paid poo poo

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

that looks cool. I assume you don't have to keep it vertical :p

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

black PS5s matter

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I hope they can do justice to Latria. The section on the ramparts is probably my favorite area in any FromSoft game.

there was a sound in 3-2 in the background that was so dope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P3i4bFJbCI

between 0:19-0:22, 0:36-0:38, etc.

now we just need to get to play the giants archstone

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

i know i used to say it probably was bullshit but uhhhh drat it looks good and i am gonna play the poo poo out of it. or maybe play up to that spider boss and then quit for 2 years and come back to it and beat it instantly.

I beat it on SL1 pure black git gud scrub

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

will dead space 1 or 2 ever show up on the ps store? I would definitely like to revisit them.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Spring Break My Heart posted:

It ain't happening on PS4 as far as I can tell

is dead space 3 available on ps store due to having a different publisher?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Rinkles posted:

What do you mean? All of the Dead Space games are available on PSN (PS3 versions). And they're all EA games.

Oh last time I checked it was only DS3. So I can play DS1 and DS2 on ps4?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

what do you think the price difference between the two PS5 versions will be? I have a few blu-rays which is the only reason I'm considering the disc version.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Hi, I was thinking about just using my PS4 (and PS5 if I get it) with my computer monitor. I will be getting a bluetooth receiver and floor speakers soon for streaming music and vinyl purposes - is there a way to route the PS4 audio to these speakers? I read that I may need a separate dongle?

Also do we know if the PS5 will support bluetooth audio?

thanks

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Aidan_702 posted:

I don't think there's a way to get your bluetooth receiver to connect to "PS4 audio" at all. You'll have to do something silly like plug a 3.5mm jack to bluetooth thing into your ps4 controller that then connects to the bluetooth receiver.

Like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Hands-free-Mpow/dp/B01KZR6S6W

But tbh the audio quality will suffer quite a bit.

okay thank you

my computer monitor does have speakers but obviously they aren't that great. or i could just use my ps4 gold headset.

I mainly just keep the ps4 sound low (just to hear audio cues, sound effects, etc.) and listen to music, so it's not a huge deal.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Dr Sun Try posted:

I have a similar setup (Computor monitor + wired speakers though)

there are adapters to convert optical audio out to RCA or 3.5:
https://www.amazon.com/PROZOR-Digital-Converter-Optical-Toslink/dp/B00KNNSKV0

Maybe your new receiver has one of those inputs?

The speakers and receivers will be on the other side of the room.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Hi I need help, I took out my ps4 after not using it for several months. It told me I needed to download the 5/27/20 update file and put in a folder named UPDATE. See screenshot below - this is what I have. It is not recognizing it when plugged in.

I then tried starting the ps4 in safe mode and doing update using internet, plugged in a lan cable, and it downloaded the update. It then restarted and installed the update. It then restarted again and sent me back to the "connect a usb storage device" menu for some reason.

What should I do next? I'm fine with whatever gets this thing working, as long as I don't lose any of my destiny 2 stuff. thanks.

edit poo poo I need another folder named PS4 to on the top level, sorry let me try that

Only registered members can see post attachments!

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 16, 2020

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

update, even on USB it just goes back to the first menu, and now says "the update file cannot be used" :confused:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

is there a DIY stand I can use for my ps4 and controller if I want to just have it on the floor below or next to my desk?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

dog nougat posted:

Have any milk crates?

preferably something that looks nice.. maybe I shouldn't have said DIY hah

I could also just put it right on the floor, I assume that's fine as long as I have a bit of space behind it for airflow. Probably best until I decide if I'll upgrade to a PS5 on release.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Does anyone here have the Samsung TU7000 or TU8000? I'm looking to get a new budget gaming tv and these are both recommended for that.

are there any features that will be new to the PS5 that I would want to look for in terms of tv features? The one thing I'm noticing is 120 vs. 60 hz refresh rate. These two are 60.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

what do you think the demon's souls price should be? any different than a new game?

I saw something about a ps5 wall mount, definitely seems like a good idea given how huge it is - then you can hide it behind the tv.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

do people buying the digital one typically have a separate blu-ray player?

also drat that demon's souls remake looks great!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

The $70 price doesn't bother me since for all the work that goes into them, some of these titles should be >100 at launch. Plus considering how much entertainment you get out of them even 100 is a steal!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

anyone have an issue with the ps4 gold headset where the mic works but no audio? I think I had this once before, and I went through the whole process of resetting it through the app, and then doing the thing with the dongle where you put the pin in the side, then hold mute+VSS and turn the headset on while doing so. However this time the headset still displays a red light instead of blue - do I have to fully charge it first?

Also I tried just plugging the headset into my computer, and I couldn't hear any audio - does this mean the issue is prob with the headset audio drivers themselves, or perhaps the cable connecting it?

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Dec 27, 2020

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

I know it’s not much help but that same thing randomly happened with my platinums and as far as I can tell :rip:

Like, they would turn on, connect, everything looked like it was in working order, mic worked, but no audio would come out of them unless I hard wired the headphones with a cord. I tried every fix under the sun and absolutely nothing got them working again.

So, good luck and if you figure it out please let me know what you did, because mine are still sitting in a drawer. :v:

in all fairness I may have threw them after getting mad at something just prior to this :p

but as I said, I had the same issue once before, and got them working again.

I've always used them connected to my controller - never wirelessly just because i never felt the need to. I would assume that once I plugged them in to my computer or phone, I'd be able to hear audio, but I don't...

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Is it weird that the mic works but not the speakers?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with my ps4. When I'm done playing I always shut it off. But often when I turn it on again, either using the ps button on my controller or the power button on the console, the bright blue light will come on, but then switch into that purple-white light - however nothing comes up on my display. I have to hold the power button down to turn it off, and then repeat. Usually this time, I will get safe mode and the "the ps4 was not shut down properly" message. After that it works fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

While the PS is running, try unplugging the relevant HDMI cable from the TV, then plugging it back in. If it's run through a switch or something first, see if bypassing it fixes it. It could be a bad cable or socket on the TV

will do thank you