Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Just got Xcom 2 and I think it's a good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Cyron posted:

so i brought infamous second son from the flash sale and i am having a plobem, playing the game for more then 10 min will cause the screen to fickle with a bit of static. when i close second son, the issue exist in the PS4 menu. it not doing this at all when i play final fantasy 15 or call of duty 2016 but both games are on disks. the HDMI cable i am using is about 7 years old at this point. so maybe it that or my system is fubar when it comes to downloadable games. i am thinking of downloading another game that is more simple like shovel knight to see if that is the issue.

My PS4 is a slim (poor version) that i brought this week and i brought it from best buy online.

It's 'bought' not 'brought'

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I was insanely disappointed with FFXV. I think maybe because I was really hoping it would be good. I feel pretty miffed for paying £40 for what is essentially a bare shell of a game :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Is someone going to make a Horizon thread now that we know the game is good?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

There have been games that got good reviews but were in fact rubbish

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Will Horizon be the best game of 2017?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

glam rock hamhock posted:

Not with Nier 2, Persona 5 and a new Zelda and Mario in the same year it won't be.

Ive already given square Enix too much of my money in the last 6 months, persona 5 is anime, and I'm not planning on buying a switch anytime soon so none of those count I'm afraid

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Sera was the worst thing about DA:I and probably the single worst character I've ever seen in a videogame.

:agreed:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

SE put out a ffxv patch that ruins the game on pro. They took away the capped 30 lite mode and replaced it with an uncapped mode with big fps swings. The 4k modes judder was not fixed either. Morons.

Im glad I don't have a ps4 pro and im also glad that i finished ffxv last week so i can uninstall it and never play it again

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

The thing that irks me most about DA:I is that it's now cheaper to buy a whole new copy of the GOTY edition then it is to buy all the dlc seperately. Not that I really plan on playing the dlc but still

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

UK gameing crew is strong

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Kirios posted:

So far the following PS4 games have come out that I want to play:

Gravity Rush 2
Resident Evil 7
Tales of Berseria
Yakuza 0
Horizon: Zero Dawn

How the gently caress is someone supposed to play all of these great games? I could have all of the free time and still not get through all of them.

I only want to play one of those games

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

glam rock hamhock posted:

Why don't you to play more cool games?

Im playing xcom2 right now, then I've still got bloodborne and witcher 3 dlc to get through before I can even start on anything released this year 😬

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I watched the gameplay trailer and thought it looked pretty cool

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

ah yes the game with the scantily clad sexbot in the centre of the screen for the entire game is definitely not pervy at all

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Sounds like we are in fact in a golden age

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

i turn my ps4 off when im not using it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

UPDATE: I am never buying a Persona game.

Wow, me too

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

SamBishop posted:

Nope, that's the highest. You can get some super-epic mega-tier Purple poo poo for turning in your SunBro medals from the Hunter's Lodge trials at the Hunter's Lodge when you get to Meridian, but you can basically buy the best stuff whenever so long as you have the cash/resources for it and that particular vendor is selling the good poo poo (their inventories get progressively better the farther you get in the game, obviously).

You won't be able to get the last power cell for the armor until right before the last mission, so don't sweat that. I don't believe any of them are in a place you can't get back to after the mission they're in is finished, but if you're curious when you can start getting them, I'd look it up so you're being extra diligent while on those missions. It is, however, extremely badass and I was grateful I had it during the final mission. Definitely worth the effort to get it, as you'll see. I don't want to spoil what the armor does, but is is extremely good poo poo, and makes cleanup post-game side stuff a lot easier.

I Platinumed Horizon last night, and it was one of the most enjoyable ones I've ever done. It was 50 or so hours of being completely steeped in the world and characters and story, and even after I finished the game, I wasn't ready to stop exploring or meeting new people and going on side quests. The CDPR folks they got (plus John Gonzalez of Obsidian doing the main storyline) just made for a really engaging RPG all the way through. The ending felt a little limp to me, but the 40 or so hours it took to get there were so pleasant that I don't really mind. I'm glad I finished it all up before Zelda, but part of me is going to be mentally stuck back in that world for at least a few more days. What a special game it turned out to be.

did you just play 50 hours of video games in 3 days

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

fridge corn posted:

did you just play 50 hours of video games in 3 days

dude works for Sony you loving idiot. rear end in a top hat

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Joakim Brecht posted:

If I enjoy adventuring in open worlds and soaking up the atmosphere, but don't really care for stories in video games, should I get The Witcher 3?

Yeah it's really good. The story in Witcher 3 isn't really that good anyway , it's just well written by video game standards

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Agreed, new mass effect will be an enjoyable experience

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Lobok posted:

Maybe this is why I enjoyed Inquisition more than some of the posters here. Haven't touched an MMO since the first year or so of EverQuest.

Same. I haven't played an mmo since like 2003-04. Everquest ftw

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

i have never played a 'souls' game

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

You should they are fun

i plan to get bloodborne as my next game purchase but I am fairly mediocre to bad at video games so I am scared :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

morallyobjected posted:

friend if you thought FFXV's battle system was hold O to win and couldn't figure out why it was a slog, you'll have fun dying over and over in Bloodborne without figuring out why what you're doing isn't working.

Dying over and over sounds like good encouragement to change things up and do something different. FFXV was literally hold O to win because that's what I did through the entire game and there was no reason to change because there was no threat of dying ever.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I've only ever had one console per generation except from when I switched from n64 to psx, but I never got any more n64 games after getting the psx

Snes
N64 ➡ psx
PS2
Ps3
PS4

Actually I tell i lie cuz I've got a wii but I only got it last year and its only for party games and the like

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Arist posted:

Persona is a JRPG series about teenagers who use the special power of Personas to fight Shadows while simultaneously making time to socialize with their friends and classmates in dating sim-lite scenes. There are typically heavy themes of the occult and Jungian psychology.

Wow it even worse than I imagined

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

you should try the witcher again especially if you already own it???

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I like getting trophies but I don't go out of my way to get them

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I was doubting my decision to drop $3 on "Corn Love" theme but it was definitely worth the "What the gently caress? Why is it corn now?" from downstairs.

nice

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

I wish we lived in an alternate universe where I could play BOTW on PS4 because Nintendo gave up on making their garbage rear end consoles.

this would be very good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I did all the hinterlands stuff before going anywhere else and it was good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

ex post facho posted:

can someone explain the appeal of nier, i know basically nothing about the game, mechanics, what it plays like, story etc.

its a japanese paedo game

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I wouldn't want to wish Square Enix Execs on him, but sure. At least that Final Fantasy would have female characters for more than 10 Minutes. They'd be dressed weird, but Cindy is a thing...

Lol what is this post

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

This post is saying Cindy in FF XV is more stupid than a Gothic Lolita Battle Android

And literal emotionless Androids are better characters than all of FFXVs cast, female or male.

Hint: they're all bad

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

my dudeshep looked like a worn out single dad desperately trying to keep his flock of children under control

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

im still gonna play mass effect but i think I'll let my gf buy it for me for Christmas

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I think bloodborne might be..... good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Ps4 games ive played :

Assassins creed unity
Assassins creed syndicate