Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

What's the racing game to get if I don't want to take it too seriously? I heard Project Cars is basically unplayable without a wheel and GT Sport is mostly online. Is Driveclub worth it? F1 2017 looks good, but at this point I might as well wait until 2018. Should I just get GT Sport when it goes on sale in a week and deal with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Does Witcher 3 have any sort of reliable schedule for its sales? I grabbed a PS4 right after an apparent big one in March and might just pull the trigger unless the next discount is in a couple months.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

it's :20bux: just get it dude.

Are you in the UK? I guess I should have said I was in the US. Shows $50 for me.

Edit: never mind, it must have just gone on sale.

Dinosaurs! fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 16, 2018

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I’ll never admit a woman is a lesbian until they turn down my irresistible advances.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I think I may have open world game fatigue because I’m finishing up Witcher 3, but I just can’t get excited about RDR2. Loved the first one and 5 had its moments. I wish they’d gone with a wholly original story. I don’t like a prequel making so much of the story’s outcome predetermined.

I hope it’s good, tho. I try to mix up genres so I don’t get burnt out, so maybe I’ll be more into it in a few months.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

They just need to start calling it Poo Bug. Problem solved.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I finally gave in and bought Yakuza 0. It’s pretty fun and I’m digging the story. There are definitely some reveals/references for people who have chronologically played the series, but I remember you all saying it’s still best for new players to start with this one. I don’t quite have a handle on combat yet since I tend to button mash, but potions are cheap enough. Any tips on which fighting style is best or are they situational? I tend to use Rush.

Probably intentional, but I just got introduced to Majima and was dying after the old martial arts master challenges him to a fight and there’s this long convo about fighting nobly and not wanting to hurt him too badly and then game’s like “welcome to thug style fighting, hit triangle to jab your opponent’s eyes.”

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I’m making my way through Yakuza 0 now and while it’s been pretty fun, the dialogue is so loving verbose sometimes.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Is the Arkham Knight DLC worth it or should I only grab the base game?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Cool thanks. Sounds like almost enough but I’ll probably go base... then ultimately get the DLC and wish I’d just done the bundle.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Well, I’m about an hour into Arkham Knight and think I’m starting to understand its reception. It’s so unforgiving in half explaining or expecting you to know mechanics - even in the tutorials. The last series game I played was City back in like 2013 so I’m rusty as poo poo and basically a new player again, but I can’t imagine how much tougher it must be if this is your introduction.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Arist posted:

I don't think he's voiced by Steve Burton anymore and the two lines his new VA has aren't much to judge from so I don't know why you'd say that.

He sounds straight out of a blacksploitation film. I think it’s safe to assume the rest of his lines are like that.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

HZD looked gorgeous (but drat was the day/night cycle annoying), Aloy was really good, the story was okay-ish, hunting was awesome, and the world was just a little shallow.

It was fun, but pretty rough around the edges. For the first effort from the Killzone people I think that’s pretty incredible. I hope they got good feedback and the sequel has a great polish (and non-identical merchants).

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

That HZD Ted Faro moment fell flat for me because obviously we were going to get a tragic explanation for why the world was trapped in tribal mysticism, but it had an abstract bearing on Aloy’s situation since it was so far in the past. It was just a clinical “ok that’s what happened” thing like learning about any of our own ancient history.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Yeah if you’ve tried multiple Dark Souls and didn’t like them you can probably pass on Bloodborne. Although I want to say a couple people in the thread have talked about how Bloodborne was the game that finally made the genre click for them and now they love From’s catalog.

God drat Spider-Man was a really good game. So hyped for the sequel. I’m currently playing through Arkham Knight and am constantly finding myself comparing them.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Oh poo poo Refused are in Cyberpunk? That’s awesome.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I enjoy Kojima games, but it can be a little much between the dartboard names and the easy-to-understand military phrases he becomes obsessed with and repeats, defines, and acronym-izes a dozen times.

It’s like when action movies from the early 2000s would have dialogue like “EMP?! You mean Electromagnetic Pulse???” As if everyone didn’t already know what that was.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

IIRC joning on DNF’s delays the first few years took a back seat to Daikatana, the original DNF.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

What’s the opinion on No Man’s Sky nowadays? Looks like it’s half off in the latest sale. Sounded like they’ve added a lot of content since the lukewarm launch. Is this a good deal for a chill game to unwind after work?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Thanks all. Unfortunately I don’t have PSVR and it sounds like it gets repetitive too quickly. Thinking I’ll hold off for now.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Did anyone find something to do with the touchpad this generation besides just making it a big menu button?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

Why is Red Dead Redemption 2 giving me event notifications even though I uninstalled it like two months ago?

E: I have Events disabled in the notifications menu too.

From way back, but same. It’s annoying.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Anybody play Moving Out yet? Looks like some fun couch co-op that’ll take care of a couple evenings of “What do you want to do?”

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I realize GTA online is popular, but are they really leading off with showing us a GTAV trailer from 2013?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Let’s loving gooooo

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Holy poo poo out thus year?!

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

cams posted:

i'm not watching is spidey a ps5 exclusive

Sony bought Insomnia after Spider-Man came out and made them an in-house developer.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

cams posted:

i meant ps5 only or also on ps4

Ah. Don’t know yet, didn’t say. Could see it going either way to be a console seller or take advantage of the PS4 pool.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Excited to play Robot Slum.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Shoot Souls?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Hope this is co-op.

Edit: ok good

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Journey 2 let’s go son

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Man gently caress those Diablo 2 Act 3 creatures.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Bug...snakes?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Still talkin bout bugsnax tbh

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Lumpy posted:

It's no bugsnax.

:hmmyes:

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

f#a# posted:

The Journeyman Project 4: I am Legend edition

Hah I was trying to remember the name. Thought the same thing.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Oh boy let’s see it

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Not looking forward to awful swimming mechanics, but I’m still hyped as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

No date :(