Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I have so many PS4 games I am working on that I finally just put all my other consoles in the closet so my TV area looks cleaner.

edit:

quote:

Well, convince me to get a pro. I don't really want to support these console "refreshes" y'know?

Dude just do whatever you want gently caress

Should I get a 4k TV

Sure if you want
As a PS4 Pro and 4K TV owner this is the best advice, seriously.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Bloodborne is like D&D in that it will turn you to the occult and make you sacrifice your little brother to Satan or something.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Did the PSVR's supply ever catch up with demand in the US? It certainly hasn't in Japan.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

blackguy32 posted:

I guess I'm underleveled in ff15. I can't figure out how to raise my defense. Is it based on accessories or by just leveling up?

I was getting my rear end kicked in the ice dungeon even though I'm around level 20.
That was the first real challenge I saw. I needed to go to wait mode and make sure my characters were dealing damage effectively and heavy use of the regroup command.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

fit em all up in there posted:

If I own Project Diva F/ F 2, X and Mirai, is Future Tone looking into ?
I bought F and F2 for a trip and played a bunch of the same tracks as in Future Tone, but it was a different experience because of the different inputs. I'm happy to have both.

I still don't know what to do with X though. Having the not rhythm game stuff like dress up stats and affection level being front and center really rubs me the wrong way.

Edit: graphically I think Future Tone blows the others away (including X), in frame rate, lighting and stuff for the videos, and ease of viewing the inputs.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 10, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Morby posted:

Yeah, my friend let me borrow F2 on Vita and then I ended up picking up both F2 and X. I am hype for Future Tone if only because my exposure to the older catalogue is limited to what I've played thus far.

Being able to pre-order it would have been nice, however, if only to get it downloaded/installed in advance.
I went from almost no prior rhythm game experience to being three songs away from at least passing all 224 (at current) songs in Future Tone on normal. It has hooked me like few other games. And to think I just bought it on a whim.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Just got the trophies for passing every song in both sides of Future Tone. I rate that among my top game achievements. Most of them were ho-hum but a few were designed by evil rhythm game gods.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Morby posted:

So, dumb question about Miku Future Tone and hopefully it's clear. I've played F2 and Diva X and started FT today. So far, I really like it, but is there a way to get the notes to display like the prior games? So, for example, when I see a pink arrow I know I'm supposed to hit the left D-pad and the square button simultaneously in X. In FT it's just square. Is there any way I can get the screen to just display the button prompt and not the arrow? It throws me off every time.
Actually yeah, it's in the "customize" menu for the song. I forgot if there's a way to set it as the default, I haven't messed with it much since I have played it so much the default way (and my first Mikugame).

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Weekender Girl sold me on the game. I don't even remember the other one that was there but I guess I didn't like it.

As it is now I think I have about 25 songs favorited. Some are because I like the song, some are because of the video, and some are because the inputs are weird and fun. Maybe it's not a huge percentage of the total but overall it's some of the best gaming yens I have spent.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (that is, Dream Drop Distance HD plus a few extras) just came out in Japan. If I completely lost grasp of the story around the middle of 2 to the point where it was just a constant stream of nonsense threatening to overcome my brain and never bought any of the games after that, would this one help or hurt that situation?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jan 12, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

bloodychill posted:

Having no idea what is going on in the story is the natural state of playing Kingdom Hearts.
I had no idea what was going on in Kentucky Route Zero but I loved it. Not so with KH.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Wendell posted:

Someone tell me why I can't find World is Mine in Future Tone!

I dunno what to say other than that it is there; I am looking at it right now. It's part of Colorful Tone.

Edit: the Japanese version though. Is it possible that some songs didn't make it through some American licensing snafus or something?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 12, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Actually starting up Future Tone I guess I have 60 songs favorited. When did it become so many?

Anyway Like the Wind is obviously the best. I don't like any of the other remixes of old Sega games though. Also the last song I was able to beat on normal, just a few days ago, was Den-Paradigm, because it is made by animals.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

verbal enema posted:

Is Luka Luka Night Fever on FT
Of course.

Bad Llama posted:

Yakuza 0 looks like it might be decent, but I have never played a Yakuza game.

Is my opinion wrong?
I don't think its story works particularly well as a prequel but other than that it is drat good.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 13, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

2 months ago it got leaked that ue4 was being changed to reflect a difference in the way sony identifies users by name.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/11/16/the-ability-to-change-psn-account-names-hinted-at-in-new-ps4-sdk-update/
That would be quite a thing if it happened.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They should just put wiiu games on it since nobody owns one anyway
I have one

....in its box in my closet.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

El Seano posted:

Fellow Goons I come in search of advice.

About four days ago my PS4 internet connection which is straight to the router via LAN started getting really inconsistent. It would drop connection and lag when before it had literally worked perfectly since I'd turned it on for the first time.

Now when I run an internet connection test on it, the results are baffling the gently caress out of me. Most of the time it will connect the the PS Network sometimes not. Most of the time the NAT type test fails, if it doesn't fail it will say type 3 and on very rare occasion it will say type 2. The speeds are all over the place too.

I tested downloading the free games off PS Plus this month as another connection test and it fails to download but then an immediate retry it will download with no problem so the connection to the internet cannot be THAT inconsistent because it's staying on and connected to the network long enough to download a GB of data.

Even more puzzling no game will play online except Rocket League which I just played a game of with absolutely no issues (and not against bots) before it kicked me out. Consistently that one game will play with no problems for a while whilst everything else won't even connect.

Everything else connected to this router is working absolutely normally; my phone, this laptop. I'm officially stumped. A google search turns up talk of opening ports and such but I don't understand why it'd go from "never had a problem" to this sudden (literally since Tuesday) refusal to connect to anything but Rocket League or why it's so inconsistent with everything else. It will also do the exact same thing on a wireless connection.

Any help guys?
That sounds way too complex and specific to just ask on a game forum about, you should probably call tech support either for the PS4, your router or your ISP.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The main thing I want to know is if the Switch will end up unseating the 3DS as a portable machine, in terms of what gets published for it. If it does I might be interested, since I know that a lot of portable games I want to play will go to Nintendo but as a piece of hardware I don't like the 3DS at all.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

bloodychill posted:

The PS2 had Tekken Tag at launch. That game was solid fun for 3 years. So good.
The Dreamcast had freaking Soul Calibur...but I guess the age of fighting games being system sellers is over?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Skwirl posted:

I wouldn't mind a new Guilty Gear.
You mean newer than the one that is just a few months old...?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Skwirl posted:

I'll cop to not buying a fighting game since SF4 was a launch title on the 3ds and not buying a guilty gear game since the first one. It's a genre I like more as a concept than a thing I actually buy
I'm pretty much out of the fighting game business but people tell me that GGX3rd Revelator is pretty good.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It just occurred to me that I have no clue what the "game alert" section of the notifications is. There's never anything in it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Morby posted:

I have seen notifications there a couple times. When people invite you to a multiplayer coop event in a game, that's where the alert goes. I specifically saw it go there in Assassin's Creed games.
It goes there and not in the invitations section?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
For me there's gotta be some compromise because I NEED to know that a command I entered actually registered. For games or any other kind of software, that's just something that if I don't have it I'll go nuts.

Granted I haven't played the game but from reviews it sounds like there's not.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

acksplode posted:

I'd believe them if the Switch hadn't been so painstakingly designed to work as a handheld, and if the 3DS release calendar wasn't barren past February. The 3DS install base is large but the hardware is showing its age, and it'd be dumb for Nintendo to cut into the appeal of the Switch by releasing another different handheld. I bet 3DS is gonna go into maintenance mode as the budget option and slowly die off as Nintendo puts all their resources behind the do-or-die Switch.
I only realized it yesterday when I saw one to scale with a WiiU controller but the Switch is omg huge and will not fit in anyone's pocket. I am really thinking that they have made a white elephant that isn't going to be particularly good as either a portable or home console.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

acksplode posted:

Eh, people's pockets already contain phones anyway. Nintendo's competing with phones now, and they can't beat their ubiquity or portability. They can only compete on game quality, so it's probably a good idea to emphasize controllers and good visuals and sacrifice on pocketability. If the Switch has a good enough library, it'll have a permanent home in many backpacks and laptop bags.
Don't get me wrong, honestly that's what I want from a portable system too. I just thought I was in the minority and most people wanted something the size of Nintendo's portable devices up to this point.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

This is basically what the uphill struggle has been on these boards, trying to convince the average cynical wait-and-see goon that the game is good, because the first impressions that everyone got from lighting fast review deadlines were from absolute idiots that either had no patience, no attention span, or didn't understand the point of the game in the slightest.
Yeah, I was definitely a victim of that, plus I never expect games that have been delayed for years to turn out good. I guess I will get it at some point.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I guess it's going to be region-free, and that means a lot for me symbolically. It's one of the reasons I've favored Sony so much ever since the PS3 launched.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Only somewhat PS related but for some reason I bought Metal Gear Rising: Revengence on the PS3 today. I owned it way back when, and then I owned it on the PC but it has some technical problems there. Anyway, I had forgotten that in the Japanese version (the PC version is effectively the US version) cyborg blood is white. This actually makes sense story-wise since it makes Sam's death more surprising. But I guess the demand in especially North America is MORE BLOOOOOD!!!

Anyway I'd like it if that got a PS4 upgrade (though it runs at near 60fps on the PS3 already) or a sequel at some point. I'm looking forward to Nier but while I was playing the demo I was thinking about how much I liked MGRR.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 15, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

cyborg blood was white in Metal Gear Solid 4 as well
They kinda went back and forth on that; there's a codec conversation talking about how cyborg blood has improved since then and I guess that could be interpreted as it was turned red.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Housh posted:

Switch looks great. I'm buying it with Mario holiday 2017.

HOLY gently caress 1 more week and Yakuza 0.
I spent so much time just doing Majima's C2 over and over again. It looks so badass.

Now that I've finished 6 and Kiwami maybe I'll go back and play 0 again.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Huh, PS3 controllers need a data connection with the PS3 to charge (or some other kind of approved charging cradle). Somehow I never knew that.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Playstation 4: Let's talk about the Switch
Playstation 4: Let's talk about the Playstation 3

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Captain Yossarian posted:

I think just a data connection period, not necessarily 'approved', if that makes sense? I charge my PS3 controller off my xbone typically.
It wouldn't charge when I plugged it into my PS4...

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

I said come in! posted:

I'm just glad that it's any SD card you want. Sony making an exclusive memory slot really hurt the Vita.
It wasn't exactly exclusive at the time, it was shared with other Sony devices like camcorders and stuff. I guess they all gave up on it and went to SD cards though and only the Vita is left.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Dark Souls 3 is going to have two DLC areas eventually right? I'm still working on the base content, and wondering if I should get the season pass now or wait.

Also has there ever been any talk about either that or Bloodborne getting performance patches for the Pro? Or would that make PvP unfair...

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I liked Shin Onimusha a lot (especially the final boss who is just an evil white guy god) and was disappointed that the franchise didn't continue. But that's Capcom I guess!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The most important news about Musou Stars (the successor to the Orochi series I wonder?) came out today: Oda Nobunyaga will be in it.

Glory to militarism nya!

edit: I want to know about the platinum headset too.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jan 17, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I finally finished Gravity Rush just before the second ones comes out. When you go into the deep down it's some ash lake level poo poo. I hope the second has more of that.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Will I have needed to play any of the other Yakuza games to know what's going on in Zero?
All of the games have some kind of backstory review video or something, as well as character descriptions and stuff.

Edit: more in general to first time Yakuza related questions, just think of the answer that will cause you to try the game and imagine I said that.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

veni veni veni posted:

Yakuza kind of looks like those chinese CGI reenactments of current events.
It's often awesome in similar ways, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

mrbass21 posted:

I played The Witcher 3 tonight because I bought the season pass after loving the game on first play through. It's been a while since I last played.

God, I forgot how awesome it is.
I had it on disc long ago on the PS4, then sold it at some point, and bought it on the PC to get better performance. Has the performance of the PS4 version improved at all in the last year or so?