Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I've never played a Yakuza game.

Or Bloodborne.

Or Knack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I have a PS4 Amateur on a HDTV, it was hooked up to a 4K tv for a while but I moved it to another room.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

SiKboy posted:

Do you want to? Because they sell games in shops now, you could just buy them.
I have too many things to play, I was thinking of getting Bloodborne and Yakuza 0 definitely interests me but I might wait until they're on sale or something.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I'm playing Tomb Raider 2013 and got through the Solarii base etc. I'm back at the beach now and we have to fix the boat. How much is left in the game? I'm enjoying it but the whole "escape" sequence felt very end-of-game. Also I'm worried that Lara is going to explode and/or burn down the rest of the island, or that more of her friends will be murdered in front of her. :ohdear:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I probably won't be collecting everything because f that. I'll hopefully get it finished off this week then. It'll be my first completed PS4 game. :toot:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

You don't get anything neat for collecting all of it other than a single reference to old TR games, anyway. :v:

I loved the the second one, but TR '13 will always be better in my head. More interesting enemies to fight.
I've never played a TR game outside of 2013 so that won't do much for me. :v:

Aside from a few bullshit fights (Shanty Town :argh:) it has been pretty fun.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Shanty Town is easy. You're even given the right tool for it and every fight onwards! Glorious loving FIRE ARROWS! :unsmigghh:
Yeah I've basically been using the bow for the whole game, that moment was what I'd been waiting for!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

just play a different game every day for an hour or two until they are all done
lol if you have an hour or two each day to play video games

:smith:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nintendo are finally starting to get their poo poo together with mobile gaming. They've just released a very polished version of Fire Emblem for iOS and I like it.
Their consoles are done. You're a total moron if you buy a switch after the wiiu. It's a 2 horse race.
Haha ok bro.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I played some Tomb Raider last night and another one of Lara's friends died, RIP

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Some of them survive.

To get killed in the next game
No spoilers!!!!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I'm going to keep playing my dead anime vita

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah I got Yakuza 0 yesterday, I only played about an hour but the combat feels really laggy and unresponsive so far, even in Rush style. Like I'm trying to do combos, hit Square 2 or 3 times followed by Triangle, but he doesn't do the knockdown move. Maybe I'm just going wrong with the timing, I'll have to play around with it a bit more.

Also is it just me or is the karaoke stupidly difficult? Like when you get to the end of the 2nd row of inputs and have to return to the start of the first row but whoops in the millisecond that it took you to focus your eyes you missed 3 inputs. I don't know why they couldn't just have the inputs scroll along the bottom of the screen or something. I feel like it just generally goes very quickly and expects you to hit a lot of different inputs. It probably doesn't help that I still sometimes forget which buttons are which on the Dualshock.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I have a question about Persona 5, the interrogation cell scenes are apparently set six months in the future, but the calendar wraps around all the way to March of the following year. I take it that framing device is only for half the game?
It seems like it, I mean I didn't get the impression that the opening scene of the game was at the very end of the game. For starters, I only had 1 Persona and it was my starting Persona. :colbert:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I just wanted to take a screenshot of the Kingpin Principal of Shujin Academy. :(

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Yangus is my friend.

I can't wait till I start DQ8.

e: omg Maribel and Ruff are in DQH2.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 24, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Cool, Spoilers.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I haven't gotten that far yet so it looks very much like a spoiler.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Again, it looked like a solution to beating a boss/enemy in the game, not "basic game mechanics".

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Macarius Wrench posted:

Hey if persona 5 is so good maybe you should go play it rather than whining about spoilers in a online forum.
Edgy posting.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

This has seriously been the best year for gaming in many years and it isn't even half over yet.
It's actually the worst OP, I don't have time to play all these games. :(

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

:yikes:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Where's my gritty, serious reboot of Cannon Fodder.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

Some Russian shovelware spot bought the rights in the 2000s.

freeranger posted:

Yeah, there was a Cannon Fodder 3 released, that I never bothered to touch....god I loved the original on Amiga!

I was semi-joking, but I secretly knew that if I googled it, I would end up being disappointed by what I found. :(

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Every game is a stealth game because I just avoid enemies all the time.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Can we not do this in 2 different threads in the same week? Cheers

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Sonic Spinball was a good game. :colbert:

I think I rented most games in those days, which in hindsight is probably how I developed my tendency to never actually beat games. :v:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I got FF XV yesterday for €30 in Argos, it'll be my first "modern" FF game.

I might pick up RE7 later too.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Yes you can

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Argos is so good for games, every so often they have PS4 stuff in for super cheap.
I mentioned this in the PS Store thread yesterday but I find that both they and Smyths will effectively Price Match whenever there's a sale on the EU store. You have to get in pretty quick before they sell out their stock, but you can reserve or Click & Collect.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Why does it seem like there's a weekly discussion about LA Noire in Games?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Knack is £4 in the EU Summer Sale....
I can't wait to try out the most-discussed game on the PS4.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Sefal posted:

I have played Persona 3, 4 multiple times and have 200 hours into persona 5.
I have never known about this.
It's not an option in 3 or 4, only in 5. So it's not as bad as you thought.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Vicarious Visions issued a press release saying :gitgud:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Renoistic posted:

Nah. I liked the blind boss and the freaky things in the lab but I found the castle to be boring.
Somebody obviously wasn't going out of their way to suplex every enemy.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

fridge corn posted:

ive never have a problem with rest mode because i never use it
Thanks for sharing.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Renoistic posted:

Why on earth would you use rest mode? Are you really that impatient?
It downloads updates etc automatically, which is handy when you're working and doing other things, and don't have an entire day or evening to play games.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

I feel like there have been like 8 “best metroidvania ever” candidates in the last two years, they keep coming out and people keep loving them apparently
Also Hollow Knight is apparently both the Best Metroidvania Ever and also the Worst Metroidvania Ever.

P4 is better than P5 in some ways, and worse in others.

P5 has a ton of problems, but I love its visual style and music (4 does have great music though), the dungeons for the most part and also the fact that it has negotiation. It just gets too railroad-y/expositiony for its own good sometimes (4 does also, just maybe not to the same extent).

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Feb 20, 2018

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

It's probably the most expensive non-AAA release I've ever seen on Amazon. I think it's nearly €80
It's €49.99 in Smyths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Nice one, thanks! I never think of checking Smyths for games.
Gamestop is so loving terrible that it's practically the only option. Argos can be good too, although KC is €54.99 there.

e: Also I know you're anti-preorder, but I noticed that recently Smyths are also giving €5 off if you pre-order games. I got Bayo 1+2 for Switch last week for €49.99 because I "pre-ordered" it about a week beforehand. It's a nice bonus if you know you want the game, and sure if you change your mind they don't actually charge you unless you pick it up. If you don't pick it up, they stick it on the shelf after 2 days.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Feb 21, 2018