Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

:aaa: if I did it would be my proudest plat. I am trying to get all the weapons achievement currently but no idea what I am missing.

fextralife is your friend

https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:cthulhu:

edit; who's 'carl' ?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

A Carl Beyond

:five:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Augus posted:

it felt like Toys For Bob bought way too hard into the memes about the N Sane Trilogy's difficulty, trying to get all the crates in a lot of these levels is just stupid

it's so silly how you can't see Chalice Rom's meteors because they're inside the ceiling, you just need to blindly spam the dodge button

if you can get around to it the DLC is definitely worth doing.
The DLC areas always feel like a big step up from the vanilla content in these games, with the best level design and bosses. Dark Souls 3 is the only one where I didn't feel that way.

I feel like the environments in AotA were way less compelling than The Ringed City. In fact, The Ringed City had some of the most beautiful art of the entire series, regardless of whatever one can say about boss difficulty, etc.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SubponticatePoster posted:

Mountain. It's not too late for me to do it tonight if you want, otherwise just let me know when during the weekend.

Okay, I'm PST, maybe sometime later tonight? I think we're already psn friends from the veegy stream but I can't be sure.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I have met with the watchdog of the old lords and I do not like it!! Can get him down to half health pretty easily but then he does this pounce attack that one shots me and I cant figure out how to dodge it!! Is it worth summoning the npc hunters (I think theres two?) Or do they hinder more than help?

I think it's harder with any kind of summoning because it makes the fight far more unpredictable while also raising the health. Defiled Hotdog is an exercise in patience and precision. One of my favorite fights in all of FROM.

VideoGames posted:

The undead giant, the pthuermian descendent, the keeper of the old lords and the watchdog did not give me any trouble at all. It makes me feel almost as if I have not done them yet, but there is video saved to the PS4 of me doing them. Very weird.

going to give Rom another go later.

Will probably stream some dark souls adventuring much later too :) For now I need to figure out what weapons I am missing! :D

There's another Undead Giant and another Watchdog, and they are both pretty hard fights.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I got him down to a sliver of health and was bossing it until I got stuck against a wall, the camera went crazy and I got pancaked :(

Honestly, sounds like it's only a matter of time for ya. It's a great fight...and I don't envy you having to move on to Defiled Amy :cry:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Will probably stream some dark souls adventuring much later too :)

"I shall partake"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

He might have sold some stuff during the first playthrough. For the trophies, do you have to have everything at once, or just have gotten each weapon or whatever at some point?

I'm pretty sure you have to get every single standard game weapon [[in one playthrough]] , so weapons that were in your inventory from the last playthrough may not necessarily pop the trophy. This means you may have to experiment with re-purchasing a few weapons at the messenger bath until the trophy pops.

fridge corn posted:

Youre missing the saw spear for one, just off the top of my head.

and the Cannon from Forbidden Woods

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

There are not one but two cannons in Bloodborne?

There's only ONE cannon, brah :grin: ya get ma drift?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Good job Veeg.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ShoogaSlim posted:

:-o holy poo poo. imma equip three moon runes and go through more of the main ng+ to level up. i didn't realize i was so behind in level for tackling the dungeons

also VG, i got the weapons trophy very early in my ng+ by just buying the stuff i missed from my first playthrough and the beast claws from the dungeon.

Yeah, I suppose the chalices were a bit harder since for some reason I refused to level up beyond 100, dunno why

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Ahhh headless bloodletting beast is tough. I got him real close but got one shotted by the snake attack only to realise I didnt even have any hp or stamina plus runes equipped oops!!!

That's a hard fight, and the snake attack is terrifying imo

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Veeg is officially part of the Great Club Gang

I go and leave the stream for a little while and you goddamn goobers let Veeg sacrifice his fire-keeper soul, what in the hell??!! :colbert:

Escobarbarian posted:

In Esco Dark Souls news, I uhh.....accidentally killed Siegmeyer while fighting lizard dudes in Sen’s :(

bad bloodsouls <:mad:>

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the Paper posted:

Started 13 Sentinels, have read nothing about it other than the recs from this thread and elsewhere, and uhhh I know Vanillaware games have issues with drawing regular female characters but drat within the first 2 minutes there's a naked schoolgirl in a mech and then after that a nurse teacher with impossibly big boobs. Is the entire game like this? Am I overreacting? I will still play the game since I heard good things about it but, drat.

All in all I think 13 Sentinels is pretty tame

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Lady Maria is #1 Souls Waifu, then the DS3 Firekeeper. Then Emerald Herald.

:rolleyes: maybe, but Anri is the only one you actually marry

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:nice:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

goblin week posted:

<in a very goonish voice> oh no! not huge boobs!

we can't leave fatty tissues, ducts, lobules, and nerve endings JUST LYING AROUND!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

DM a pic of your plat to VG and also paypal €50 to quantumofphallus@us.gov

Dear Mr. Sir,

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African on the moon when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

In the 14-years since he has been on the moon, he has accumulated echoes, umbilical cords, and ritual materials amounting to 1 BBB gangtag. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this sum, we can place a shitpost down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost approx 3,000,000 blood echoes. In order to access the his gangtag we need your assistance.

Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount of echoes to your account or subsequent disbursement, since we as civil servants are prohibited by the Paleblood Moon Presence (Hunter's Code) from opening and/ or operating foreign bottomless boxes in our names.

Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses (beastial and celestial) between the parties in the course of the transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to other accounts in due course.

Kindly expedite action as we are behind schedule to enable us include downpayment in this financial quarter.

Please acknowledge the receipt of this message as Fine or Foul at your earliest juncture

Yours Sincerely, Dr. Bakare Tunde
Byrgenwerth Astronautics Project Manager

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I followed this guide, it was fun.

Note, this is with the vanilla character creator, and I'm sure there are better part options now 2 years in and 6 part DLCs later.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I thought platting bloodborne would make me happy and I guess it did but I feel like I should be done with the game and move on for now but I just cant stop thinking about bloodborne. I

This is when you start ringing bells to help others.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

loving lol how broken is this game on pre-patch

https://twitter.com/GameLeaksRumors/status/1334219584543608834

edit:oh wait, i think thats the install, just realized its ps5 and it shows you the install progress in the download tab now, since theres no time remaining, its coping from disc. the blueness of his loving monitor threw me off, because that menu is actually grey lol

edit2: or not, dude confirmed the download. may or may not be the ps5 enhanced stuff rather than the actual day 1 patch.

FF7R shipped in nearly flawless condition with no patch for 6 months, and yet the people demanded yet more eurojank

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Broken Eurojank>>>>>>>>>>perfect JRPG

literally unfriending you rn

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

rip to a real one. sorry about your dead country

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Yeah sorry,,, sorry it didn’t die 800 years ago :blastu::jihad:

:same: but western civilization

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Simone Magus posted:

Love having 5 folders with 6 games each sitting there unfinished, taunting me

come to PS5 where you get no folders at all :grin:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

abelwingnut posted:

what is eurojank?

the definition is: games released half-finished by CD Projekt Red

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Any 3rd person action/adventure game that is specifically defined by how cumbersome it is to navigate their menus.

So Death Stranding

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

The great writing is also debatable.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Eurojank can’t be quantified, it can’t be reasoned with. It’s not a feature set, it’s a way of life. You can’t fight Eurojank with bullets.

Listen, and understand. That Eurojank is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Janky games are often the games that I get totally absorbed into. You usually have to deal with some bullshit in them, but AAA games are basically defined by removing as much jank as possible and often any personality the game could have had is stripped in the process. When you're streamlining everything so it's accessible to as many people as possible the end result is usually just "I guess that was palatable"

And when I think of jank, I think of outdated or untested concepts, or ideas that aren't streamlined in ways that people are used to. Just poo poo AAA devs wouldn't dare do. I don't love bugs and bad performance (actually sometimes bugs are a lot of fun), those are just frequent side effects of playing games that fall into more niche categories.

I'll take nipponojank instead thankyouverymuch

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Speaking of janky RPGs, I see that Fallout 76 has another new expansion? Is it still poo poo?

Fallout 76 is a J-RPG?? :eyepop:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

-Terrible dialogue
-Boring, repetitive quests
-Technically incompetent
-1000 hours too long

checks out!!!

<:mad:>

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

I have never gamed with headphones before but the PS5 pulse headset is very comfortable and the sound quality has been really good.

Hmm, maybe I'll pick one up. I've got so much electrical tape holding my Pulse Elite together that it might be time. I wonder what the Pulse 3D headset will look like when I eventually have to put black electrical tape all over it. :hmmno:

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Everything I hear about the PS5 lately makes me not want one. 1 step forward 2 steps back

welp it's pretty great imo, but i'm not picky about UX. the baseline gaming experience so far has been nothing short of sublime.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I’m not even 30 :cheers:

drat, yung pup

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hope everyone has a good weekend :)
What's everyone playing?

I've been cranking out some of these Iceborne monsters alone and it's tough, so I be jammin on that SOS flare. Man, I sure would like to put together a crew youknawhamsayin?

Also, nuDeS, banging out the first tier bosses for each world. I think I'm playing this one as slow as possible.

I finally got to the fishworld in Spelunky 2, and then I started watching streamers play the game and was immediately humbled.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bows1 posted:

Im getting a real kick out of my Amgydalyn Arm run right now but Chalice Rom loving SUCKS with this weapon.

Amy Arm is an awesome take on a greatclub but the whip form definitely has too much delay to be relied upon in a tight

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Also still playing Dark Souls :) Got DS2 and DS3 installed ready for my eventual destruction of whomever the last boss is!

:black101:

exquisite tea posted:

Maybe I can find some time to snak.

this makes me smile

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

It's not really that complex. It's not like you really need to worry THAT much about what armor or weapon you have beyond upgrading to the next tier from time to time. There are a couple gimmick bosses that benefit from having a particular resistance, but mostly you can just slap monsters around and do fine.

Getting my foot in the door to make some master rank gear has been a little harder on my own without a squad. I feel quite weak atm and it's a bit embarrassing when the kanji names show up for my SOS and end up carrying my rear end so completely.

Though I did manage to do finally succeed at the Behemoth hunt with just one other dude, felt pretty good after falling prey to so many Ecliptic Meteor team wipes. I think that quest is a bit bullshit, tbh, one time I got killed by Ecliptic Meteor while sitting in one of my field camps...which is just straight up bad programming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

viral rodd bust